PDA

View Full Version : The officiating tonight was AWFUL, but..

gtexan02
11-24-2009, 12:15 AM
it didn't cost us the game.

Terrible calls and non-calls on both sides of the ball.

No tripping on Bulman? No catch on that Crumpler play? Lucky calls for us.

No call on Finnegan for dragging Anderson? No call for delay of game on the Titans when they purposely wouldn't get off the pile? That horsecaller garbage at the end of the game?

Ugh. This was the worst officiated game, on both sides, Ive seen all year

GuerillaBlack
11-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Nah.

We got away with the tripping, but that's it. Alge didn't catch that ball. It hit the ground.

The horsecollar really killed us. That was such a BS call.

TheRealJoker
11-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Don't forget the no call personal foul when the Titans players were throwing punches during the first skirmish to open the game.

qman_tx
11-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Nah.

We got away with the tripping, but that's it. Alge didn't catch that ball. It hit the ground.

This is horsecollar, at the end of Mathis's return:

http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d801d223a

Big Lou
11-24-2009, 12:22 AM
it didn't cost us the game.

Terrible calls and non-calls on both sides of the ball.

No tripping on Bulman? No catch on that Crumpler play? Lucky calls for us.

No call on Finnegan for dragging Anderson? No call for delay of game on the Titans when they purposely wouldn't get off the pile? That horsecaller garbage at the end of the game?

Ugh. This was the worst officiated game, on both sides, Ive seen all year

It certainly didn't help.

Cushings gets called, yet I saw at least three calls that should have went against the Tacks.

So two weeks ago the NFL wanted to keep the Colts undefeated season because it's good for ratings, now the Titans that were 13-3 last year, and started the year 0-6 have won three straight. Wow it sure would be great for the NFL is the Tacks could some how make the playoffs!!!!

I'm really not a conspiracy theory guy, but what the F, are you serious. I just can't see how the NFL can expect the fans to not call BS!!!!

hradhak
11-24-2009, 12:27 AM
I thought the officiating was fairly lopsided the whole game. I was really disappointed with the calls. Mario was held on several of VY's runs out of the pocket. There was a facemask on Slaton that didn't get called. I could go on. I think it was a very lopsided game towards the Titans, but I agree that's not what cost us the game.

kastofsna
11-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Crumpler caught that ball. classic Bert Emanuel rule.

GuerillaBlack
11-24-2009, 12:29 AM
I thought the officiating was fairly lopsided the whole game. I was really disappointed with the calls. Mario was held on several of VY's runs out of the pocket. There was a facemask on Slaton that didn't get called. I could go on. I think it was a very lopsided game towards the Titans, but I agree that's not what cost us the game.

I think people say this so they won't be one of the fans that are labeled as "don't blame it on the refs". ;)

But seriously, the refs messed us up almost as bad as Kris Brown did. That "horsecollar" thing especially. That was a pathetic call.

New_Texans
11-24-2009, 12:31 AM
The horse collar cost us and also there should have been a call on Finnegan when he was pulling David Anderson by the leg. The officiating this year ALL over the LEAGUE has been horrible.

NitroGSXR
11-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Eh. After all the flags against Indianapolis, I was just glad that they just let us play football. Do away with all the tick tacky calls for the national stage. At least the officiating wasn't one sided, ya know?

Hagar
11-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Good teams win in spite of bad calls. They don't lose because of bad calls.

We've got to get over it.

powerfuldragon
11-24-2009, 03:28 AM
Nah.

i think ac caught the hell out of that ball. the trip showed me that he was trying, i don't understand why you can't trip someone when it's alright to blast someone's brain out the back of your head with your shoulder. it was an entertaining game, but i can't say that i'm not let down.

Indy Skinnz
11-24-2009, 07:39 AM
I am curious. Do the Texans ever lose on their own merits - you know, lacking the ability to close a game, lacking the discipline to not commit stupid penalties, having a kicker who can hit with the game on the line - or is it always the refs' fault?

ESAD2-14
11-24-2009, 07:48 AM
I am curious. Do the Texans ever lose on their own merits - you know, lacking the ability to close a game, lacking the discipline to not commit stupid penalties, having a kicker who can hit with the game on the line - or is it always the refs' fault?

Yup they sure do. I'm curious, do you really have to come over here and be dick?

DexmanC
11-24-2009, 08:01 AM

I find it hard to take anything away from the Titans in this game. VY and CJ
played their best games as Titans. The Texans defense didn't play bad, they
just left some key plays on the field <Cushing not wrapping up on Johnson's 50+yard run,
Dunta dropping a gimme pick.> The Texans offense didn't play bad, they
also left too many plays on the field <3 drops by AJ, Slaton dropping an easy
3rd and 10 throw by Schaub, Kris Brown shanking 2 gimme (for him) fieldgoals,
etc.>

The Texans are starting to learn that the biggest difference between the
elite teams and the good teams (which the Texans are), is about 1 or 2
plays in any given game that either win or get you beat. The Texans
are NOT making that 1 play to get them that 'W' on a consistent basis.

5 wins

5 losses (1 asskicking, twice getting shut down at the 1 yardline, twice
missing gimme fieldgoals.)

Once they start making those little plays, they'll be an elite team. They
play hard, they play well, but they don't make that last play to finish the
game. Yeah, it hurts, but it used to happen to the best (The Colts.)
They didn't blow that team up, they stuck with them and let them grow
together. Let's see if Houston can do the same.

Indy Skinnz
11-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Yup they sure do. I'm curious, do you really have to come over here and be dick?

Just pointing out the flaws in the thinking of several fans. The Texans lost these games not because of poor officiating or because of some league-wide conspiracy against them. That thinking is comically stupid. They lost because they did not play well enough or make enough plays to win. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Indy Skinnz
11-24-2009, 09:11 AM
just left some key plays on the field <Cushing not wrapping up on Johnson's 50+yard run,
etc.>

5 wins

Great post.

Spled
11-24-2009, 09:30 AM
We got away with the trip, but we had 52 more yards penalized overall.

TheCD
11-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Let's congratulate the Titans...they DID win their Super Bowl after all.

But on the point of the reffing I just want to know one thing:

We learned in the Colts game we can't lay a good hit on someone, that's a personal foul.

We learned last night that we can't play two-hand-touch, either. The mere act of nudging a guy out of bounds is an illegal maneuver.

So my question is where are the little flags for us to pull off the ball carriers? That's the only football I know of left that we can play. The refs should REALLY just tell us ahead of time which game we can play, so we don't draw anymore uneccesary roughness penalties.

Mr. White
11-24-2009, 09:34 AM

Totally agree. Blaming refs is lame.

False Start
11-24-2009, 09:55 AM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/wtf-1.jpg

What the hell? :mcnugget:

How can this be acceptable? A ref giving a high five to a player, thats just not right.

TexansSeminole
11-24-2009, 09:56 AM

The Titans were holding alot and it was never called. Even my cousin was pointing it out and she usually only watches college football, so she has no affiliation to any NFL team.

Oh well, you have to overcome in this league to be a good team.

TheCD
11-24-2009, 10:02 AM
The Titans were holding alot and it was never called.

This had me so frustrated I was screaming at my t.v. for 3 quarters. Eventually, I came to the realization that if VY takes off with the ball, holding will not be called no matter what. They weren't holding on every run he had, but man...the flagrance of the holds sometimes confuses me as to how they were missed.

NitroGSXR
11-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Just pointing out the flaws in the thinking of several fans. The Texans lost these games not because of poor officiating or because of some league-wide conspiracy against them. That thinking is comically stupid. They lost because they did not play well enough or make enough plays to win. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Yup!

Sad when an opposing fan who didn't even play us comes over here and dishes out a dose of reality. We lost last night because we did not play well enough.

The bad news for Indy is that we have a tendency to come out ticked. I think we win this Sunday although our season doesn't matter much anymore. We really needed to win last night.

HoustonFrog
11-24-2009, 10:07 AM

Third here. The series before the lame horse collar was the no call on a trip that would have kept a Titan drive at midfield alive. Besides that, I didn't see any egregious stuff. I thought Crumpler caught it but can see the ruling and them thinking the point hit.

NitroGSXR
11-24-2009, 10:09 AM
The Titans were holding alot and it was never called. Even my cousin was pointing it out and she usually only watches college football, so she has no affiliation to any NFL team.

Oh well, you have to overcome in this league to be a good team.

We were holding a lot too. I watched about half of the game on TV after I got home from the stadium. I'll watch the rest tonight. The refs just let the men play football last night but boy both teams were holding tons.

HoustonFrog
11-24-2009, 10:09 AM

Third here. The series before the lame horse collar was the no call on a trip that would have kept a Titan drive at midfield alive. Besides that, I didn't see any eggregious stuff. I thought Crumpler caught it but can see the ruling and them thinking the point hit.

What the hell? :mcnugget:

How can this be acceptable? A ref giving a high five to a player, thats just not right.

The ref is calling for the clock to start or whatever they do with that signal. VY is just horsing around or whatever....they aren't high fiving.

False Start
11-24-2009, 10:13 AM
The ref is calling for the clock to start or whatever they do with that signal. VY is just horsing around or whatever....they aren't high fiving.

That pic was from the end of the game.

Link (http://www.life.com/image/93344787)

HoustonFrog
11-24-2009, 10:20 AM

There still has to be something more to it. I say that because the clock can still be ticking down as the players start shaking hands and he has the whistle in that hand. If not, I'm not sure what it means except Refs say hi to players like players hake hands with each other.

Pantherstang84

Still wrong imo.

False Start
There still has to be something more to it. If not, I'm not sure what it means except Refs say hi to players like players hake hands with each other.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/11/2009/11/500x_young.jpg

edit:
I'm not saying the fix was in, but it just looks bad.

santo
11-24-2009, 10:26 AM
I would blame Dunta more than the refs for this game. He had the opportunity to have a game changing interception. The Titans confidence was growing to that point. If he would have intercepted the ball, maybe the momentum would have switched over to the Texans favor.

oh well.

Indy Skinnz
11-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Yup!

Sad when an opposing fan who didn't even play us comes over here and dishes out a dose of reality. We lost last night because we did not play well enough.

The bad news for Indy is that we have a tendency to come out ticked. I think we win this Sunday although our season doesn't matter much anymore. We really needed to win last night.

I think it will be hard for them to emotionally overcome what has happened over the two games. All the talk was how important the Colt game in Indy was and then to lose in that fashion again in front of a national TV audience. Very tough to fight back from that. Not saying they can't but it will be a challenge.

Brisco_County
11-24-2009, 10:30 AM
etc.>

5 wins

Exactly.

HoustonFrog
11-24-2009, 10:40 AM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/11/2009/11/500x_young.jpg

edit:
I'm not saying the fix was in, but it just looks bad.

Well there it is. It still looks awkward like the ref just his hand up and Vince ran by to high five. I don't put any credence in it meaning anything. Again, I hate the ref blame game that keeps happening instead of accountability. Not saying you, just here in general.

played their best games as Titans.

CJ has had better games..he is has been doing this for about 5 weeks straight. Just last week he had 100 rushing and 100 receiving.

False Start
11-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Well there it is. It still looks awkward like the ref just his hand up and Vince ran by to high five. I don't put any credence in it meaning anything. Again, I hate the ref blame game that keeps happening instead of accountability. Not saying you, just here in general.

I said in my previous post that I didn't believe the fix was in, so I'm not blaming the refs at all. :cool:

TBC_Titan
11-24-2009, 10:45 AM
The officiating was ass-crack on both teams...very, very similar to the officiating in our first matchup this year.
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the NFL gives us the Special Ed crew because it's well...you guys and us.

They did miss several holding calls on both offenses. As far as the horsecollar, it looked like he had a hold of the collar at first, then immediately let it go. The jury's still out on that one for me.
Alge caught that ball. It touched the ground, but he had it cradled and possessed as well..and the rules say that it can touch the ground as long as the R has possession.
You guys also got away with the tripping of VY too.

That ref staff, and any ref from our first game needs to be fired.
While I'm glad we won, it was uber ugly. Ick. Given our retarded tackling skills and inability to keep still on offense, there's no way we should have won that.
You guys have a damn good team. Cushing is quite fast. You guys seemed to contain CJ quite well and I honestly don't know how he got that many yards.

HoustonFrog
11-24-2009, 10:48 AM
I said in my previous post that I didn't believe the fix was in, so I'm not blaming the refs at all. :cool:

I know, that is why I said "Not saying you, just here in general." :)

False Start
11-24-2009, 10:49 AM
I know, that is why I said "Not saying you, just here in general." :)

Yeah, my bad. Its all good man. :tiphat:

Porky
11-24-2009, 12:59 PM
The trip was very borderline imo. Good non call imo. He did extend the leg a bit, but didn't stick it up in the air, and they usually let that go, which they did. If they had called it, I wouldn't have raised holy hell but for the most part I am in favor of letting the borderline calls go unflagged. And yes that goes for both sides.

the horsecollar wasn't even close. That was total and complete and utter BS. There were several other WTH moments, such as jerkass dragging around David Anderson like a rodeo cow. The only thing missing was the rope.

As I watched the end of the game I couldn't believe that Vince and the ref high fived each other. My jaw dropped and I was like WTH? And yes Frog, if you watched it live it is very obvious that the ref is high fiving Vince. Just the appearance of favoritism like that should be a HUGE no no. That ref really should be fired imo for something that crosses the line so completely and it calls into question his neuturilty.

Having said all of the above, the Texans lost that game not the refs. They have to man up and take the bull by the horns and quit giving these damn refs calls at the end of games. If you take care of biz earlier, the refs have no input.

Mailman
11-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Just a question for those of you crapping on this thread--when, if ever, is it acceptable to discuss the performance of the officials? Every game has winners and losers and every game allows both teams the opportunity to do what it takes to emerge victorious. That is self-evident. However, just as one crappy play by an offensive, defensive, or special teams player can play a disproportionate role in affecting the outcome of a game, so can a crappy call by an official. Why is this so hard to admit?

I don't see anyone here blaming the officials solely for this loss or the loss at Indianapolis but simply having a discussion about the refs. They matter, too. Right?

NitroGSXR
11-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Just a question for those of you crapping on this thread--when, if ever, is it acceptable to discuss the performance of the officials? Every game has winners and losers and every game allows both teams the opportunity to do what it takes to emerge victorious. That is self-evident. However, just as one crappy play by an offensive, defensive, or special teams player can play a disproportionate role in affecting the outcome of a game, so can a crappy call by an official. Why is this so hard to admit?

I don't see anyone here blaming the officials solely for this loss or the loss at Indianapolis but simply having a discussion about the refs. They matter, too. Right?

No they don't matter. You must overcome them to win just like if there were a divot in the ground causing a player to fall. Take care of business and get this game put away. No matter how horrible the referees may be... the bottom line is... take the game out of the referee's hands and we won't be having this discussion. They can't call back ALL TDs now can they?

Mailman
11-24-2009, 01:45 PM
No they don't matter. You must overcome them to win just like if there were a divot in the ground causing a player to fall. Take care of business and get this game put away. No matter how horrible the referees may be... the bottom line is... take the game out of the referee's hands and we won't be having this discussion. They can't call back ALL TDs now can they?

Of course they matter. You've just proved the point I'm making about the "refs don't matter" crowd. The reality that winners and losers control their own destiny does not negate discussion of the officials. Yes, every team must do enough to win, including overcoming bad officiating, or not tripping in a divot.

However, is that what they're saying in the league office when officials obviously screw up by overturning a play on replay that was inconclusive at best? Is that what the NFL referee bosses say when a crew awards an extra timeout to one team?

We can discuss officiating because it matters in determining the outcome of games.

Porky
11-24-2009, 01:49 PM
I agree with Mailman completely. I do think that a small minority give too much weight to the officials, but to say they don't matter at all is just frankly ignorant and utterly incomprehensible. Of course they matter. Duh.

Double Barrel
11-24-2009, 01:52 PM

Says the fan whose QB wears a skirt in the officials eyes. :rolleyes:

To answer your question, the Texans got beat last night. Officiating was horrible, but it did not cost us the game. Crappy, uninspired play is what cost us the game.

HoustonFrog
11-24-2009, 01:52 PM

Not every game. I just had a run in with many here after the Indy game because it was the 3rd game where people blamed refs. Then it happens again this week. Refs suck in alot of games. They sucked against the Titans the 1st game. The sucked for both last night. They suck across the NFL at times. But to make it a continuous excuse is tiring and weak.

You are right, some are saying. "they didn't lose because of it." But despite the disclaimer there is still this air that every loss is somehow someone elses fault and that is weak.

TBC_Titan
11-24-2009, 01:56 PM
The trip was very borderline imo. Good non call imo. He did extend the leg a bit, but didn't stick it up in the air, and they usually let that go, which they did. If they had called it, I wouldn't have raised holy hell but for the most part I am in favor of letting the borderline calls go unflagged. And yes that goes for both sides.

the horsecollar wasn't even close. That was total and complete and utter BS. There were several other WTH moments, such as jerkass dragging around David Anderson like a rodeo cow. The only thing missing was the rope.
Sorry bud but that horsecollar was MUCH closer to being a horsecollar than the tripping was closer to not tripping.
I wouldn't mind them not calling that HC, if they would have called the tripping.

As I watched the end of the game I couldn't believe that Vince and the ref high fived each other.
Yeah because a QB has never ever in the history of the NFL high fived or slapped a ref on the ass during a game. You're lookin way to into that.

Well said.
I just think the officiating was butt-crack all around. Since it was equally bad for both teams, I don't think it would have affected the outcome any differently one way or another...both teams got an equal chance at bad officiating. lol
The weird thing is, the officiating was probably worse in the first game, but equally bad for both teams. The officiating in all our other games wasn't that bad. I watched you guys play the Colts and the officiating didn't seem that bad either.

NitroGSXR
11-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Of course they matter. You've just proved the point I'm making about the "refs don't matter" crowd. The reality that winners and losers control their own destiny does not negate discussion of the officials. Yes, every team must do enough to win, including overcoming bad officiating, or not tripping in a divot.

However, is that what they're saying in the league office when officials obviously screw up by overturning a play on replay that was inconclusive at best? Is that what the NFL referee bosses say when a crew awards an extra timeout to one team?

We can discuss officiating because it matters in determining the outcome of games.

I'm not sure what point I proved but okay. I don't really agree with you. This was not a close game where the referees determined our fate. The referees had nothing to do with us giving up 250 rushing yards. The referees had nothing to do with Kris Brown missing two kicks. The referees had nothing to do with us getting a total of 57 some rushing yards between two runners.

It's like... the arguments from the first three games... take away Chris Johnson's 300 yards and we're fine. Take away MJD's big run and we're a great team. Yaddayadda. A bad call by a referee is similar to giving up a big play. How does a good team handle that? By getting a big play in return!

Simply put... we do not overcome.

NitroGSXR
11-24-2009, 02:03 PM
I agree with Mailman completely. I do think that a small minority give too much weight to the officials, but to say they don't matter at all is just frankly ignorant and utterly incomprehensible. Of course they matter. Duh.

Lol.

Mailman
11-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Not every game. I just had a run in with many here after the Indy game because it was the 3rd game where people blamed refs. Then it happens again this week. Refs suck in alot of games. They sucked against the Titans the 1st game. The sucked for both last night. They suck across the NFL at times. But to make it a continuous excuse is tiring and weak.

No one is using it as an excuse. If Kris Brown makes his FGs or Dunta Robinson catches that turrible VY pass for an easy interception, the game result is different.

However, these events do not negate the horrible performance by the officials. My criticism is not so much about this game or the game two weeks ago against the Colts but about the illogic of the camp that emphasizes self-determination. Winning teams win. Duh.

So we're supposed to absolve and ignore crappy officiating just because both teams have an equal opportunity to win? I don't agree with that thinking at all.

Indy Skinnz
11-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Says the fan whose QB wears a skirt in the officials eyes. :rolleyes:

To answer your question, the Texans got beat last night. Officiating was horrible, but it did not cost us the game. Crappy, uninspired play is what cost us the game.

Thanks for the good laugh.

HoustonFrog
11-24-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure what point I proved but okay. I don't really agree with you. This was not a close game where the referees determined our fate. The referees had nothing to do with us giving up 250 rushing yards. The referees had nothing to do with Kris Brown missing two kicks. The referees had nothing to do with us getting a total of 57 some rushing yards between two runners.

It's like... the arguments from the first three games... take away Chris Johnson's 300 yards and we're fine. Take away MJD's big run and we're a great team. Yaddayadda. A bad call by a referee is similar to giving up a big play. How does a good team handle that? By getting a big play in return!

Simply put... we do not overcome.

Well said. They could say the same thing. On 3rd down they don't get the tripping call. Did it affect their game plan or team?No, the defense stopped the Texans. They got it back again and they won the game. As I said above, every game has some borderline calls for either side.

Two weeks ago I said that I have seen refs so bad that they did affect one team or another. I just haven't seen it this year. It can happen though. It just doesn't happen everytime there is a loss.

Mailman
11-24-2009, 02:09 PM
If the officiating doesn't matter in determining the outcome of games, if winning teams just overcome all obstacles NO MATTER WHAT, including but not limited to bad calls, why does instant replay exist? What was the purpose of instituting it when the NFL did?

NitroGSXR
11-24-2009, 02:13 PM
If the officiating doesn't matter in determining the outcome of games, if winning teams just overcome all obstacles NO MATTER WHAT, including but not limited to bad calls, why does instant replay exist? What was the purpose of instituting it when the NFL did?

You know? You and Porky both are overstating my "it doesn't matter" statement. Maybe it shouldn't matter is what I should have said but I was trying to answer your direct question with a direct answer. Take the game out of the referee's hands and we'll be fine.

Teams do not gameplan for referees so either way... they do NOT in fact matter.

Porky
11-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Sorry bud but that horsecollar was MUCH closer to being a horsecollar than the tripping was closer to not tripping.
I wouldn't mind them not calling that HC, if they would have called the tripping.

What horse collar? There was no horse collar. It's not a borderline play at all. In fact, his hand was on the jersey numbers. This was no borderline play, a judgement call. It's either a horsecollar or it isn't. That wasn't even close.

As for the trip, that was a borderline type judgement call, kind of like a hold. Look, you want to play that game? Really? How many times did I see Mario being held and it wasn't called? Let's not go there ok. I'm sure our guys held some too. These are judgement calls, and if they called every hold or trip or the like to the nth degree there would literally be a flag on every single play. The point is, they usually don't call these types of penalties unless they are flagrant.

Since he didn't put his leg up in the air and/or use a leg whip, it's borderline. As I said, I wouldn't have thrown a fit had it been called. Just like the push out of bounds was a judgement call against Cushing. I have seen that same exact light push OOB not be called just as many times as I have seen it called. Have you seen me complain about that in here? No, because its a borderline judgement call. But, don't start in on your BS horse collar crap. At least be man enough to admit that was a blown call.

NitroGSXR
11-24-2009, 02:47 PM
What horse collar? There was no horse collar. It's not a borderline play at all. In fact, his hand was on the jersey numbers. This was no borderline play, a judgement call. It's either a horsecollar or it isn't. That wasn't even close.

As for the trip, that was a borderline type judgement call, kind of like a hold. Look, you want to play that game? Really? How many times did I see Mario being held and it wasn't called? Let's not go there ok. I'm sure our guys held some too. These are judgement calls, and if they called every hold or trip or the like to the nth degree there would literally be a flag on every single play. The point is, they usually don't call these types of penalties unless they are flagrant.

Since he didn't put his leg up in the air and/or use a leg whip, it's borderline. As I said, I wouldn't have thrown a fit had it been called. Just like the push out of bounds was a judgement call against Cushing. I have seen that same exact light push OOB not be called just as many times as I have seen it called. Have you seen me complain about that in here? No, because its a borderline judgement call. But, don't start in on your BS horse collar crap. At least be man enough to admit that was a blown call.
It was a blown call but it was close. I had to watch the replay in slow motion a few times to confirm the blown call.

Horsecollars are NOT tolerated in the NFL and they shouldn't be either. I think that maybe referees gives the benefit of doubt to the one who looks like he's being horsecollared. Maybe?

I don't know about the trip. I have not seen it nor do I care. I know it's not a play that cost us the game. Either way... blown calls or not... the Houston Texans lost this game by themselves. Football games consist of 4 full quarters. Not single plays.

Double Barrel
11-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the good laugh.

No prob. I do not look forward to seeing y'all next Sunday, either.

Porky
11-24-2009, 03:10 PM
It was a blown call but it was close. I had to watch the replay in slow motion a few times to confirm the blown call.

Horsecollars are NOT tolerated in the NFL and they shouldn't be either. I think that maybe referees gives the benefit of doubt to the one who looks like he's being horsecollared. Maybe?

I don't know about the trip. I have not seen it nor do I care. I know it's not a play that cost us the game. Either way... blown calls or not... the Houston Texans lost this game by themselves. Football games consist of 4 full quarters. Not single plays.

Maybe I just have good eyes, but the second the flag went out I was like that better not be a horse collar call because that would be BS. To me it was clear as a bell live. The replay just confirmed what I saw, and the ref was standing in perfect position to make the call. The bottom line - don't call something you don't see. NBA refs do that all the time, and it's just as wrong there.

NitroGSXR
11-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Maybe I just have good eyes, but the second the flag went out I was like that better not be a horse collar call because that would be BS. To me it was clear as a bell live. The replay just confirmed what I saw, and the ref was standing in perfect position to make the call. The bottom line - don't call something you don't see. NBA refs do that all the time, and it's just as wrong there.

Yet you knew they were going to possibly call the horsecollar. All I'm saying is that many of us saw something resembling a horsecollar. Granted, I was at the game but I called horsecollar when I saw the flags fly. I saw something that resembled a horsecollar. I was on the opposing sideline up high (so take that for what it's worth) and saw a hand grab a jersey right around the neckline.

I think we should be asking the question if horsecollar calls get the benefit of doubt here rather than trying to place outright blame on the refs. We lost this game. Not them.

Porky
11-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Yet you knew they were going to possibly call the horsecollar. All I'm saying is that many of us saw something resembling a horsecollar. Granted, I was at the game but I called horsecollar when I saw the flags fly. I saw something that resembled a horsecollar. I was on the opposing sideline up high (so take that for what it's worth) and saw a hand grab a jersey right around the neckline.

I think we should be asking the question if horsecollar calls get the benefit of doubt here rather than trying to place outright blame on the refs. We lost this game. Not them.

All you prove is that if the ref was standing on the second level of the stadium it might have resembled a horse collar. Unfortenetely for your argument, he was standing just a few feet away in perfect position. There is no excuse. And that call changed the whole complexion of that drive. Granted, the D caved in and gave up that long run and I understand that, but to say that officiating never plays a role in the outcome of games is beyond silly imo.

HoustonFrog
11-24-2009, 03:43 PM

The tripping was a call that should have been made. There are accidental trips when you are laying there and someone trips. Then there is reaching back with your legs to slow down or trip an opponent. I've seen it called alot on O-linemen this year where they know their QB is going to get smacked so they go last resort. In this case the Texans D-lineman did it to VY. I don't know why people have a hard time seeing obvious no-calls that they got away with but they are eagle eyes for all calls that they didn't get.

Hervoyel
11-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Crying about bad officials and calling the other team "dirty" is a time honored Houston sports tradition I know but frankly I get embarrassed of you guys when you start this shit.

Antonio Smith was caught on camera playing dirty last night. Tim Bulman got away with tripping Vince Young but it was impossible to miss. Both should be paying fines this week. I was embarrassed of the Texans. They played dirty, sloppy, undisciplined football and got beat by a team that played with skill, heart, and control.

If we play the rest of the season the way we have the last two weeks then we won't even see .500 again. The Titans will pass us like the Jaguars already have and we'll be back in the basement of the AFC South one more time. If we keep playing like this we'll deserve to be there.

The Titans beat the Texans. End of story really.

HoustonFrog
11-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Crying about bad officials and calling the other team "dirty" is a time honored Houston sports tradition I know but frankly I get embarrassed of you guys when you start this shit.

Antonio Smith was caught on camera playing dirty last night. Tim Bulman got away with tripping Vince Young but it was impossible to miss. Both should be paying fines this week. I was embarrassed of the Texans. They played dirty, sloppy, undisciplined football and got beat by a team that played with skill, heart, and control.

If we play the rest of the season the way we have the last two weeks then we won't even see .500 again. The Titans will pass us like the Jaguars already have and we'll be back in the basement of the AFC South one more time. If we keep playing like this we'll deserve to be there.

End Thread

WWJD
11-24-2009, 04:21 PM
The tripping was a call that should have been made. There are accidental trips when you are laying there and someone trips. Then there is reaching back with your legs to slow down or trip an opponent. I've seen it called alot on O-linemen this year where they know their QB is going to get smacked so they go last resort. In this case the Texans D-lineman did it to VY. I don't know why people have a hard time seeing obvious no-calls that they got away with but they are eagle eyes for all calls that they didn't get.

Flozell has had 2 or 3 tripping calls this year called against him. He's the best (or worse) at doing that in the NFL!

Porky
11-24-2009, 04:30 PM

Apparently you didn't see what Mawae did to Antonio Smith to invoke his ire and frankly I didn't either, but I heard from somewhere that Mawae made a dirty block and tried to take out his legs, but I guess now the Tits are choir boys and the Texans are dirty? Get real. Try having your legs chopped out from underneath you on a dirty block and see how much you like it. That must have been an ghost and not Finnegan dragging David Anderson around by the legs. Choir boys couldn't possibly do that.

As for the trip, I've seen similar plays both flagged and not flagged. That makes it a judgement call. If a flag was pulled on every breach of the rules no matter how minor there would be a flag on literally every play. Let's get real guys.

Big Lou
11-24-2009, 10:33 PM

And you have no one to blame for coming in our forum and bieng a douche but yourself. Have a nice day!

If Schaub got every call he wanted like your boy, I'd be a happier fan.

Big Lou
11-24-2009, 10:39 PM

True, but they really do suck pretty bad. Schaub gets drilled in to the ground by a 300 lb D-Lineman that leaves his feet, but Cushings gives VY a little love tap a nanosecond after getting out of bounds and it's 15 yards.

Very lame.

Indy Skinnz
11-25-2009, 11:06 AM
And you have no one to blame for coming in our forum and bieng a douche but yourself. Have a nice day!

If Schaub got every call he wanted like your boy, I'd be a happier fan.

Ohh, you got me there.

This Manning/Colts get the calls and the Schaub/Texans don't is comically dumb.

El Tejano
11-25-2009, 11:25 AM
I would say not scoring points in the 4th quarter is the reason why our record isn't any better. We've had our chances 4 times this year with two of those at the goal line. Now if we never had a chance to score in the 4th we could probably point the blame somewhere but (and I am one who thinks the NFL wants Peyton undefeated) we've had our chances and failed. Sorry, but that stat says way too much for me.

infantrycak
11-25-2009, 03:53 PM

Putting aside every other referee issue in the NFL, are you really going to claim Manning and Brady (a) do not get more calls than other QB's in the league and (b) don't know it and intentionally go looking to the refs to get them? Answering no to either of those is what would be comically dumb.

Sal Rosenberg
11-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Nah.

That was when I knew Vegas had put a hit out on our season.:goodpost:

Big Lou
11-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Putting aside every other referee issue in the NFL, are you really going to claim Manning and Brady (a) do not get more calls than other QB's in the league and (b) don't know it and intentionally go looking to the refs to get them? Answering no to either of those is what would be comically dumb.

This is the point I was trying to make.

Every fan sees the game thru a jaded lens. I will admit that I certainly do. The one thing I will say is that the Texans have gotten screwed lately. Did this make them lose, no, but as stated before it doesn't help.

After a game I'm the worst when it comes to bitching about the officials. I don't blame them for the loss, maybe be don't get screwed every game in comparison to other teams but it sure feels like. it.

Big Lou
11-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Ohh, you got me there.

Hey how did Fore Skinnz end up with 5 Rep Points?!?!?!?!?

Is today opposite day?

Indy Skinnz
11-27-2009, 08:51 AM

Is today opposite day?

Because I have intelligent, thoughtful posts that are void of emotion?

And wow, another funny one. Fore Skinnz - very funny.

Indy Skinnz
11-27-2009, 08:52 AM

Yes. That is what I saying. Tell me what call that Manning got was not warranted?

infantrycak
11-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Yes. That is what I saying. Tell me what call that Manning got was not warranted?

Nope. Every American who isn't an Indy or Patriot fan, every commentator, newspaper writer, etc. has seen this for years. Peyton (and Brady now that he has learned to play what the refs will give him) regularly rubs his Mangina looking for a flag and often gets it. For you to deny it destroys all credibility. Bye.

Big Lou
11-27-2009, 10:51 AM

Ooohh, ooohhh, ooohh that's easy.

Texans/Colts last meeting, 3rd down Peyton throws incomplete, then he does the his 4th down jig (Pouty Face and Hands thrown in the air) and walla, presto chango, 6 seconds after the ball is snapped all of sudden the Line Judge realizes that Rookie Connor Barwin was offsides. This was so perfect because hey he's a Rookie, and he did it earlier in the game so it just seems so possible. Only one problem, we now have DVR's, I rewatched that play 10 times. I couldn't see anything remotely offsides about #98, I mean it wasn't even close.

OK so there's one example as requested.

Re: The officiating tonight was AWFUL, but..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou

Is today opposite day?

Because I have intelligent, thoughtful posts that are void of emotion?

Now that's funny!!!! Although you don't seem to be the typical Indy fan, you obviousley have a Bromance with Peyton. Hey I will admit every Houston fan would too if he had a Texans Jersey on.

And wow, another funny one. Fore Skinnz - very funny.

Thank you, I specialize in frat humor and jokes of poor tatse, just ask my Mother In Law. Did you send a Rep Point my way for this, I'm jealous that I only have 25 more points than an Indy fan in a Texans Forum!!!!

Indy Skinnz
11-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Ooohh, ooohhh, ooohh that's easy.

Texans/Colts last meeting, 3rd down Peyton throws incomplete, then he does the his 4th down jig (Pouty Face and Hands thrown in the air) and walla, presto chango, 6 seconds after the ball is snapped all of sudden the Line Judge realizes that Rookie Connor Barwin was offsides. This was so perfect because hey he's a Rookie, and he did it earlier in the game so it just seems so possible. Only one problem, we now have DVR's, I rewatched that play 10 times. I couldn't see anything remotely offsides about #98, I mean it wasn't even close.

OK so there's one example as requested.

Re: The officiating tonight was AWFUL, but..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou

Now that's funny!!!! Although you don't seem to be the typical Indy fan, you obviousley have a Bromance with Peyton. Hey I will admit every Houston fan would too if he had a Texans Jersey on.

Thank you, I specialize in frat humor and jokes of poor tatse, just ask my Mother In Law. Did you send a Rep Point my way for this, I'm jealous that I only have 25 more points than an Indy fan in a Texans Forum!!!!

I know the play you are talking about. So you honestly believe that an official called offsides because Manning made a pouty face? Absolute nonsense. The most realistic explanation (and actually what happened) is that the flag was thrown the minute Barwin was determined to be offsides but because it came from the official on the far sideline and out of camera range, it only appeared that it came late. Now, what else you got?

I have no Bromance with Peyton, other than I am really, really happy he is the Colts' QB and the main reason for the success of the team over the years. There are others that I have a Mancrush on - just not Manning.

And I think there is a compliment somewhere. Thanks - I think?!?!

Pantherstang84
11-27-2009, 01:13 PM
I know the play you are talking about. So you honestly believe that an official called offsides because Manning made a pouty face? Absolute nonsense. The most realistic explanation (and actually what happened) is that the flag was thrown the minute Barwin was determined to be offsides but because it came from the official on the far sideline and out of camera range, it only appeared that it came late. Now, what else you got?

I have no Bromance with Peyton, other than I am really, really happy he is the Colts' QB and the main reason for the success of the team over the years. There are others that I have a Mancrush on - just not Manning.

You keep killing your own credibility. I will say it real slow one more time...

There was no offsides on that play.

He was line up a good 6 inches outside the neutral zone and did not move a muscle until the ball was snapped. There was no neutral zone infraction.

End of discussion.

infantrycak
11-27-2009, 01:23 PM
You keep killing your own credibility. I will say it real slow one more time...

There was no offsides on that play.

He was line up a good 6 inches outside the neutral zone and did not move a muscle until the ball was snapped. There was no neutral zone infraction.

End of discussion.

There is no point arguing with someone who doesn't think Manning gets special treatment by the refs.

GuerillaBlack
11-27-2009, 02:15 PM

Wow. You are so delusional. This is a lost cause...

Seriously.

disaacks3
11-27-2009, 02:33 PM
I want officials to be consistent. If you're unsure, you don't throw the flag. None of this throwing flags well AFTER the play was over. (common on interference penalties that are "whined into existence") The only exceptions I can see on this are conferences by the officials AFTER the play is completed to determine if an illegal forward pass occurred, whether a QB was between the tackles for a intentional grounding, etc.

In response to the debate (snd subsequent reply) on the Barwin offsides.
1. If you're going to throw that flag, you throw it the second the ball is snapped, not before, and not 5+ seconds after the ball is snapped.
2. If you're out-of-position to call that play (ie. - other side of the field), it's NOT your call to make.(especially if you can't decide before the play is well underway or over).

Pantherstang84
11-27-2009, 02:59 PM
There is no point arguing with someone who doesn't think Manning gets special treatment by the refs.

I guess you're right. Silly me.

Indy Skinnz
11-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Wow. You are so delusional. This is a lost cause...

Seriously.

What is delusional is anyone who thinks Manning willed an offsides call to the officials.

I did not watch the play closely enough to determine if Barwin was or was not offsides. If he was not, then fine - bad call by the ref but the idea that Manning got the penalty called is incomprehensibly stupid. Manning is good but he does not have Jedi mind power. If the ref made the call it was because he felt Barwin was offsides and not because of Manning talked him into it.

GuerillaBlack
11-27-2009, 03:07 PM
What is delusional is anyone who thinks Manning willed an offsides call to the officials.

I did not watch the play closely enough to determine if Barwin was or was not offsides. If he was not, then fine - bad call by the ref but the idea that Manning got the penalty called is incomprehensibly stupid. Manning is good but he does not have Jedi mind power. If the ref made the call it was because he felt Barwin was offsides and not because of Manning talked him into it.

Not surprised by this. You'll never get it.

Texan_Bill
11-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Why is it that fans of 30 other teams can see that there is partiality as it relates to Manning and Brady??

:thinking:

Indy Skinnz
11-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Not surprised by this. You'll never get it.

What I am sure that I will never get is blaming the refs.

But you really think Manning got the offsides called? After the play was concluded? That is pure comdey gold.

Pass incomplete.

Manning - "hey ref, Barwin was offside, right?"

Ref - "well not really but I will call it anyway."

Thanks again to all for the good laugh. You made my day with this train of thought.

Indy Skinnz
11-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Why is it that fans of 30 other teams can see that there is partiality as it relates to Manning and Brady??

:thinking:

If you want to say that there is partiality given to QB's, then fine. I will agree with that. But the suggestion that Brady & Manning get calls that others don't - simply do not buy it. That is the lament of losers.

dc_txtech
11-27-2009, 04:37 PM
If you want to say that there is partiality given to QB's, then fine. I will agree with that. But the suggestion that Brady & Manning get calls that others don't - simply do not buy it. That is the lament of losers.

Brady had a rule named after him. Actually he has had a couple of rules named after him.

If you don't think that some players/teams get more calls than others in all sports, then your just kidding yourself.

Pantherstang84
11-27-2009, 04:58 PM
What I am sure that I will never get is blaming the refs.

But you really think Manning got the offsides called? After the play was concluded? That is pure comdey gold.

Pass incomplete.

Thanks again to all for the good laugh. You made my day with this train of thought.

So you think all those conversations Manning has during the game especially after plays with the officials is about the weather? Really?

False Start
11-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Pass incomplete.

See, you're getting it now. :)

Indy Skinnz
11-28-2009, 08:35 AM
So you think all those conversations Manning has during the game especially after plays with the officials is about the weather? Really?

Not privy to those coversations. Guessing you are not either. But whatever those conversations are, do you really think Schaub does not talk to the officials either? Or every other QB in the league? Hell, this board was all up in arms when Young high-fived the ref after the last play of the Titans MNF game. Does Young get preferential treatment too?

Indy Skinnz
11-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Brady had a rule named after him. Actually he has had a couple of rules named after him.

If you don't think that some players/teams get more calls than others in all sports, then your just kidding yourself.

So let me ask you this - when a d-linemen goes low on a QB other than Brady, do they get the benefit of the Brady rule as well? Or is Brady the only one who gets that? What I am saying is the fact that it is nicknamed the Brady rule is 100% meaningless. That rule impacts every QB so your point is lame.

And I am not talking about other sports. I am talking about the NFL.

Pantherstang84
11-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Not privy to those coversations. Guessing you are not either. But whatever those conversations are, do you really think Schaub does not talk to the officials either? Or every other QB in the league? Hell, this board was all up in arms when Young high-fived the ref after the last play of the Titans MNF game. Does Young get preferential treatment too?

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67388

dc_txtech
11-28-2009, 12:56 PM
So let me ask you this - when a d-linemen goes low on a QB other than Brady, do they get the benefit of the Brady rule as well? Or is Brady the only one who gets that? What I am saying is the fact that it is nicknamed the Brady rule is 100% meaningless. That rule impacts every QB so your point is lame.

My point is lame, lol. Thanks buddy.

To answer your question, no, Brady is not the only one to benefit from the rule but you better believe that he is going to get it every time it's even close. Last year Jared Allen took two dirty shots at Schaubs knees. Both were blatant penalties that were later assessed fines, yet there was no penalty called on either play. If it were Manning back there I can guarantee you the flag would have hit the field before he had time to throw a hissy fit.

Obviously you have already made up your mind on this subject but let me ask you a question. If Brady had not gone down week 1, and it was Seneca Wallace, or Dan Orlovsky, would we have the "Dan Orlovsky Rule"?

dalemurphy
11-28-2009, 01:05 PM

Well, Matt Schaub got driven into the ground well after throwing a pass against the Titans on Monday night... No flag. Let me know when that happens to Peyton Manning.

TheRealJoker
11-28-2009, 01:38 PM
I just hope we can finally beat a team AND the refs tomorrow...

Indy Skinnz
11-28-2009, 02:15 PM
My point is lame, lol. Thanks buddy.

To answer your question, no, Brady is not the only one to benefit from the rule but you better believe that he is going to get it every time it's even close. Last year Jared Allen took two dirty shots at Schaubs knees. Both were blatant penalties that were later assessed fines, yet there was no penalty called on either play. If it were Manning back there I can guarantee you the flag would have hit the field before he had time to throw a hissy fit.

Obviously you have already made up your mind on this subject but let me ask you a question. If Brady had not gone down week 1, and it was Seneca Wallace, or Dan Orlovsky, would we have the "Dan Orlovsky Rule"?

I absolutely agree that the hit that Schaub took last year were dirty and the fines that Allen got were warranted. But that rule was not in place last year. This year the refs have the capacity to call those penalties and those would have been 15 yards for the Texans.

Maybe if those penalties happen to Orlovsky, maybe there is not a rule created. I don't know that and neither do you. But the fact is the rule is now in place and if those hits happen to Schaub, Orlovsky, Brady or Manning, they would be penalties this year. The rule applies to everyone - not just Manning or Brady. So again, your point is what exactly?

And say I have obsviously made my mind. Does that mean you are a beacon of reason with your thoughts? Haven't you also done the exact same thing in making up your mind?

Indy Skinnz
11-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Well, Matt Schaub got driven into the ground well after throwing a pass against the Titans on Monday night... No flag. Let me know when that happens to Peyton Manning.

Well I can't speak to that specific play as I did watch the game but don't recall the hit you are talking about. But it is not illegal to hit the QB,even after the ball has been thrown, so maybe it occurred within the rules?

Indy Skinnz
11-28-2009, 02:20 PM
I just hope we can finally beat a team AND the refs tomorrow...

I think I would worry your team playing with discipline, not committing turnovers, and actually having your kicker play without his hands wrapped tightly around his throat than I would be about the refs. Only losers worry about the refs costing thier team the game.

NitroGSXR
11-28-2009, 02:29 PM
I think I would worry your team playing with discipline, not committing turnovers, and actually having your kicker play without his hands wrapped tightly around his throat than I would be about the refs. Only losers worry about the refs costing thier team the game.

Agreed. I really don't think that Manning or Brady really get the calls that people say they do. I think that's a bit of an exaggeration myself. I do think that they get the benefit of doubt when a call is in question.

Absolutely losers worry about the refs costing games. Absolutely. We need to take care of business. Take the game out of the referee's hands. Finish the game!

infantrycak
11-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Well I can't speak to that specific play as I did watch the game but don't recall the hit you are talking about. But it is not illegal to hit the QB,even after the ball has been thrown, so maybe it occurred within the rules?

It is illegal to leave your feet or drive the QB into the ground after the ball is thrown. Haynesworth got flagged for it last year when he gave Schaub a concussion.

Agreed. I really don't think that Manning or Brady really get the calls that people say they do. I think that's a bit of an exaggeration myself. I do think that they get the benefit of doubt when a call is in question.

I don't think very many people are alleging Manning or Brady get totally imaginary calls. The point is the benefit of the doubt you refer to. Where a potential penalty is available, the refs are more likely to throw the flag (or hold onto it) for some players. Heck, I think Aaron Glenn got a lot of benefit of the doubt from the refs. He was well respected by the refs and they let him get away with a lot of down field contact where flags could have been thrown.

Scooter
11-29-2009, 03:36 PM
the officiating was aweful but ... the colts were given two pass interferance calls for 7 points and a 3rd and short false start to take the 3rd quarter. cheering for the colts or patriots sure has it's benefits.

Goatcheese
11-29-2009, 03:43 PM
the officiating was aweful but ... the colts were given two pass interferance calls for 7 points and a 3rd and short false start to take the 3rd quarter. cheering for the colts or patriots sure has it's benefits.

Well you knew the colts had more than 11 players on the field before the opening kick off.

Scooter
11-29-2009, 03:51 PM
manning and brady are similar to dirk and tim duncan in basketball, there's some pretty blatant "oh noes! we need to help!" moments that are simply frustrating.

Carr Bombed
11-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Wow, are we really going to ***** and moan about the officials?

Goatcheese
11-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Wow, are we really going to ***** and moan about the officials?

When you have magical phantom calls that mysteriously help the Colts at opportune moments in the game, yeah we're really going to ***** about the officials.

Mr. White
11-29-2009, 04:01 PM
This game is over and so is the season.

This thread is a joke. The fact that it's gone on for 4 weeks (3 games, 6 pages is even more of a joke.

The refs didn't throw any interceptions, didn't fumble any balls, and didn't call shitty plays on offense.

Bitching about refs is for losers.

Goatcheese
11-29-2009, 04:02 PM
This game is over and so is the season.

This thread is a joke. The fact that it's gone on for 4 weeks (3 games, 6 pages is even more of a joke.

The refs didn't throw any interceptions, didn't fumble any balls, and didn't call shitty plays on offense.

Bitching about refs is for losers.

Not recognizing the officials' impact on the game when they make bullshit calls is for stupid people. :smiliedance:

wagonhed
11-29-2009, 04:04 PM
It's very simple. The refs were terrible today but, unlike the first game, they didn't lose it for us this time. We were bad enough to lose it all on our own.

Pantherstang84
11-29-2009, 04:04 PM
You know what? I was all over this thread last week, but this week? Uh huh! Can't do it? Another collapse and that is on coaching! I'm tired of the experiments on the DC and OC positions on the staff.

Mr. White
11-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Not recognizing the officials' impact on the game when they make bullshit calls is for stupid people. :smiliedance:

I recognize there was one questionable pass interference call.

In no way did it cost us the game.

Bullshit calls happen every game. To ***** about them for four weeks makes us look weak as a fanbase.

Goatcheese
11-29-2009, 04:15 PM
I recognize there was one questionable pass interference call.

In no way did it cost us the game.

Bullshit calls happen every game. To ***** about them for four weeks makes us look weak as a fanbase.

Questionable? An uncatchable pass overthrown by 10 yards, with no contact except their arms bumping together while they ran side by side is not "questionable", it's BS.

An unnecessary roughness call on Smith for blocking Pretty pretty princes in the side is BS. Hines Ward would have gotten a high five.

Wayne got away with a pushoff on his TD catch.

A Colts defender hit helmet to helmet with a defenseless Casey, no flag.

It's not just one play. Every single week this crap happens.

Mr. White
11-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Questionable? An uncatchable pass overthrown by 10 yards, with no contact except their arms bumping together while they ran side by side is not "questionable", it's BS.

An unnecessary roughness call on Smith for blocking Pretty pretty princes in the side is BS. Hines Ward would have gotten a high five.

Wayne got away with a pushoff on his TD catch.

A Colts defender hit helmet to helmet with a defenseless Casey, no flag.

It's not just one play. Every single week this crap happens.

Every single game this crap happens. I bet you could go on any football board in the country and somebody will say they got screwed by the refs.

kastofsna
11-29-2009, 04:22 PM
watched the Dolphins and Texans games side-by-side, the officiating in both games were unbelievably bad. saw a few horrible calls in the Bucs game, too. basically, officiating is at its lowest point in the NFL, and add to that a bunch of horrible judgment rules that can go either way, with those same terrible officials, mind you, you're going to have a TON of bad calls.

Goatcheese
11-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Every single game this crap happens. I bet you could go on any football board in the country and somebody will say they got screwed by the refs.

If the phantom calls went against the Colts every now and then I might not call BS. Strangely they don't seem to draw a lot of total BS calls. Hmm. :doot:

Scooter
11-29-2009, 04:27 PM
terrible.

Indy Skinnz
11-30-2009, 12:56 AM
terrible.

Wow - I would have thought there would have been none of this blaming the refs garbage after this game. Simply amazing. Houston would be what 10-1 or 11-0 if the refs weren't out to get them - that is about the math of it, correct?

Pantherstang84
11-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Wow - I would have thought there would have been none of this blaming the refs garbage after this game. Simply amazing. Houston would be what 10-1 or 11-0 if the refs weren't out to get them - that is about the math of it, correct?

Don't you have a Manning nob polishing session to go to somewhere or are you just here to gloat? Leave us to our own misery and go back to your bandwagon team.

dream_team
11-30-2009, 02:24 AM

Come on man... just let us be. This has been the hardest season for us Texans fans. We had alot of expectations going into this season, but we're heading towards yet another disappointing, but typical, .500 season.

Most of us on this board has accepted the loss because of our typical failure to play consistently a whole 4 quarters. A few people handle the loss a different way, by blaming everyone but the team itself. Hey, whatever helps you get over a loss...

In the first loss to Indy, Houston loss the penalty count 13-4. This time around, the count was still lopsided at 10-3. For a team that averages 6 penalties a game, you can see why a few Texan fans are quick to point the finger at the refs.

Corrosion
11-30-2009, 03:21 AM
Cant blame this one on the Ref's - they were flat outplayed by a superior team in the second half.

Indy Skinnz
11-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Don't you have a Manning nob polishing session to go to somewhere or are you just here to gloat? Leave us to our own misery and go back to your bandwagon team.

If you haalf paid attention to anything that I have written, you would know that I have not gloated once. I just simply can't stand the idea that the refs cost your team these last 3 games.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Cant blame this one on the Ref's - they were flat outplayed by a superior team in the second half.

Except for that phantom pass interference call on Petey Reeves.

:stirpot: