PDA

View Full Version : Close games are going to cost Kubiak his job

TexanSam
11-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Unless the Texans finish 10-6, I could see all these heartbreaking losses costing Kubiak his job. Jacksonville, Arizona, Indianapolis and now tonight's game. In a position to tie each and everyone one of them at the end of the game and we can't capitalize. May not be the coach's fault, but the coach could end up taking the blame in the end.

awtysst
11-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Couple of things.

1st, the Texans keep shooting themselves in the foot with silly things like bad penalties at inopportune times, missing tackles, not getting ints, dropping passes, and pulling fgs. Also, look at the way the team played in the 2nd half. They scored 14 points in the 1st half and 3 in the second. An argument can be made that they were fairly flat in the second half. And with that, the streak continues where the Texans cannot play hard for 4 consecutive quarters in a single game all season.

That stat right there is especially damning for Kubiak.

MEGA SWATT
11-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Kris Brown sucks.

that's all.

New_Texans
11-23-2009, 11:07 PM
I agree, time and time again he hasn't shown the ablility to coach his team through a tough close game.

Everyone played a solid game, the defense and the offense (though I think AJ was a bit sloppy with some of the drops that he had). Now, this is a defining moment for this team; they must win out from now on or Kubiak's job could be on the line.

cdollaz
11-23-2009, 11:07 PM
It should cost him. This team is ready to go to the next level and it's not a talent issue anymore. 3 straight years of average means that we need to get someone in here who can get that done. If it is status quo, they are gonna lose a lot of fans. This city is ready to explose behind a good team and it is not being delivered.

awtysst
11-23-2009, 11:11 PM
I guess the other question is a few strange playcalls. For example, Kris already missed a 48 yard fg in the game and missed at the end of last game too. Plus if you look at his made fg, he came close to missing that one too. Why not try a quick out route for 7 yards and try to reduce it to a 40 yarder?

checo446
11-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Results matter and Kubiak has shown time after time that he may not possess the ability to figure out how to win close games. Some things are out of his control such as Kris Brown missing field goals tonight; however, giving up any team 228 rushing yards with 2 weeks to prepare for your opponent is inexcusable tonight. Combine this type of stuff with horrible clock management at times over the past 3 years, an awful understanding of how to use/or not use challenges, etc., I think it is time for the Texans management to bring in a new coach that can push us over the edge. Of course, I would gladly like to be proven wrong by kubiak turning this thing around and the Texans making the playoffs; however, if not, we need someone else in here to run the show. At the end of the day, the results speak for themselves and our lack of ability to win close games this year is very telling IMO...