PDA

View Full Version : Colts-Texan, Round Two

Swatson_Coltfan
11-23-2009, 07:06 AM
One could argue you're catching us at the perfect time. We've not played good offensive football for about a month. We've won our last four games (Texans, Round One included) by ten points TOTAL. That said, we turned the ball over three times yesterday against the Ravens in Baltimore and STILL won. It's also increasingly tougher, I suspect, for the Colts to get up for each game when it's never going to be as meaningful as it will be for our opponents. The Baltimore game was cast as their most important game of the year just as the first Texans-Colts game was cast as the most important game in your franchise's history. Every week, we get some team's best shot and I'm sure your Texans are eager for another chance to topple us.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind terribly if we lost a game at some point. Yesterday's would have been a perfect one to lose. I don't want the pressure of going into the playoffs undefeated. Still, you're going to have to earn it. The Colts aren't going to give it up for free.

Hooston Texan
11-23-2009, 07:11 AM
We'll talk tomorrow. We've got some business to attend to tonight. One game at a time, you know.

Silver Oak
11-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Coltsfan is right. Playing the division leader is a much bigger game than playing the doormat of the division Titans.

Short week to prepare for Steel Blue game vs the Colts...hope our guys can manage it with Thanksgiving sandwiched between the two games.

Swatson_Coltfan
11-23-2009, 07:31 AM
We'll talk tomorrow. We've got some business to attend to tonight. One game at a time, you know.

My fault. Totally forgot that you were playing tonight. I'll check back Wednesday or Thursday. Whether you win or lose, you'll want to talk about that game, too.

Swatson_Coltfan
11-24-2009, 08:47 AM
Ready to move on, yet?

As I see it, style points and record don't mean anything. Get to the playoffs any way you can and the rest will take care of itself. I don't think you'd go far in the playoffs in any case even if you were playing at home. What you should want out of this season is some playoff experience so that as you continue to develop as a team, you can build a team that can play at a high level in the playoffs. No shame in losing to the Titans. While they played attrociously for a stretch of the season, they are still a very good team. They took Pittsburgh to the wire in the season opener and gave us all we could handle too.

You guys are stuck in the mode where a loss means you think you need to break up the team and rebuild and a win means you're going to the Super Bowl. In a way, I envy the excitement you can feel over your team each week. When you open the season 9-0 every year and then lose later in the playoffs, you cease to appreciate fully regular season wins. We're just marking time for the playoffs.

Pantherstang84
11-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Ready to move on, yet?

As I see it, style points and record don't mean anything. Get to the playoffs any way you can and the rest will take care of itself. I don't think you'd go far in the playoffs in any case even if you were playing at home. What you should want out of this season is some playoff experience so that as you continue to develop as a team, you can build a team that can play at a high level in the playoffs. No shame in losing to the Titans. While they played attrociously for a stretch of the season, they are still a very good team. They took Pittsburgh to the wire in the season opener and gave us all we could handle too.

You guys are stuck in the mode where a loss means you think you need to break up the team and rebuild and a win means you're going to the Super Bowl. In a way, I envy the excitement you can feel over your team each week. When you open the season 9-0 every year and then lose later in the playoffs, you cease to appreciate fully regular season wins. We're just marking time for the playoffs.

No. Have fun gloating this week.