PDA

View Full Version : Andre isn't leaving us for a while

redwhiteANDblue
11-22-2009, 02:06 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl...nt/6732996.html

Receiver Andre Johnson denied a report that he has a plan in place to force a trade if the Texans do not make the playoffs.

Johnson is on the cover of the current issue of ESPN The Magazine. In the story, his uncle, Andre Melton, who also serves as his agent, tells the magazine they have a plan to force a trade but refuses to discuss the details.

ďThat didnít come from me,Ē Johnson said after practice Saturday. ďI wish he hadnít said what he said, but thatís his opinion. I make my own decisions, and I plan on being here until I retire.

ďIím not going to lie: He (Melton) has brought it to my attention, and he has a right to his opinion. I didnít go to him with it. I donít think itís a big deal.Ē

Johnson said he spoke with general manager Rick Smith to let him know thereís not a problem.

ďI didnít want the organization to worry about it,Ē Johnson said. ďThatís not something Iím thinking about. Like I said, I want to finish my career here.

"I talked to Rick, and we killed it. That's it."

-John Mcclain

HTown2ATX
11-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Look, we all know that Andre is hands down gonna be the first Texan into the HOF. He has always kept his mouth shut and just straight up produced and outshined any competition in the league.

That said, as much as it would pain me, he is probably the ONLY player I could see wanting to leave and me not thinking that player was being a *****. He deserves more than he has had the chance to experience so far (playoffs, SB rings, etc., etc.)

I truly admire him, possibly have a man crush on him...

I was devestated to read that article in ESPN magazine. If it had been D-Rob or anyone else, I probably would have just got pissed off and came up with a laundry list of why we should let 'em go anyway. But that article sucked man. Really had me down.

I trust AJ enough to believe him when he now says, "I make my own decisions, and I plan on being here until I retire."

Thank You Andre! You have made my week already win or lose Monday Night!

redwhiteANDblue
11-22-2009, 03:15 PM
I think he's proven his loyalty when in the 49ers game he tried to come back in even though he was hurt. The had to hide his helmet just so he wouldn't play!

valleytexfan
11-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Thank you, AJ! Whew! :headhurts:

HJam72
11-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Aw, let 'im go. He's overpaid anyway. :jk:

El Tejano
11-22-2009, 09:06 PM
I feel so sorry for Cortland Finnegan. AJ has even more reason now to come out to this game.

MEGA SWATT
11-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Andre who?

MEGA SWATT
11-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Dude^^ are you nuts?

I could see him *****-slapping his uncle after all this.

I could understand AJ wanting to be on a playoff team that has a shot at a ring--hopefully that will be the Texans soon.....but if not, I would not mind if he left. Ok, I would mind, but I would understand.

Texan4Ever
11-22-2009, 09:14 PM
His uncle (and agent) was the one who negoitated for Dre' when he came out of college and from what Iv'e read he amde the decsions and did all the talking. I'm glad Dre' came out and made a statement because it shows me A.) He WANTS to be a Texan and B.) He's making his own decsions now and not his agent/uncle.

Bravo Andre Johnson, Bravo! :clap:

Goatcheese
11-22-2009, 09:57 PM
"I want my Jersey hung in the ring of honor, right there." - AJ

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0485/7634/andre_20johnson_20111907_feature.jpg

TexanBacker93
11-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Look, we all know that Andre is hands down gonna be the first Texan into the HOF. He has always kept his mouth shut and just straight up produced and outshined any competition in the league.

I wouldn't say he's a lock to go. While I would love to see him be the first, he's got a lot of work to do to get there. Never being in the playoffs and not getting a lot of touchdowns would hurt his chances. Those are things that can change, though. He should still have some good seasons ahead and if he continues doing what he's doing he'll at least be on the short list.