PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 11 Thread

Ryan
11-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Pass some time on here till tomorrow at least:fans:

kiwitexansfan
11-22-2009, 02:23 PM
So what results are we wanting to see to help us in the playoff race?

I'm too tired to think things through that deeply.

whiskeyrbl
11-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Indy taking care of Baltimore right now 14-9.

Austrian
11-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Epic battle between Cleveland and Detroit. 24-24

Ryan
11-22-2009, 02:28 PM
We need

Bills over Jags
Colts over Ravens
Chiefs over Steelers(not looking good)
Pats over Jets
Oakland over Cinci

But mainly we gotta focus on taking care of our own business tomorrow.

2000th post!

Khari
11-22-2009, 02:34 PM
i have a feeling a lotta ppl r gonna be kicked off the 9er board today .......

m5kwatts
11-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Hey whats the best site for watching games online?

Ryan
11-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Terrel Owens 98 yard touchdown catch!:lion:

Txn_in_Oki
11-22-2009, 02:52 PM
i have a feeling a lotta ppl r gonna be kicked off the 9er board today .......

Not looking good for them...

Ye Olde Curse of Crabtree striking again. :rake:

NitroGSXR
11-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Anyone see that scuffle between Terrance Newman and Coach Campo? Any details? Looked like Newman was about to send Campo to the moon!

Ryan
11-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Looks like Jags are gonna win again.

Lucky
11-22-2009, 04:26 PM
What gutsy play by Matthew Stafford at the end of the Lions/Browns game! A leader may have been born in Detroit.

bah007
11-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Well the Jags came from behind and beat Buffalo.

Kansas City gave up 515 yards to Pittsburgh but beat them in overtime. They aren't missing Larry Johnson too much it seems. Jamaal Charles had 224 total yards (boosted by a kick return for a TD) and 2 TDs.

bah007
11-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Oakland stunned the Bengals. It's turning out to be a good day for us. A win tomorrow night sure would help.

TheRealJoker
11-22-2009, 07:32 PM
With a win over the Titans tomorrow night this would be the perfect week of football for our playoff hopes minus the Bills snatching defeat from the jaws of victory against the Jaguars.

Showtime100
11-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Damn, Michael Vick just ran like a dog was chasing him. 3rd and 1 and the wildcat blew a hole a truck could go through.

bah007
11-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Jay Cutler is so awful it's hilarious.

Showtime100
11-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Jay Cutler is so awful it's hilarious.

The last Bears game I saw on TV the thought kept coming to me about Cutler. They kept showing him on the sidelines seemingly all by his lonesome at the end of the bench watching......nothing.

I hate to give props to Brady and Peyton Manning, but when their defense is on the field you see those guys looking at formation snapshots, talking to coaches, receivers, running backs...etc. I know Cutler comes off as nonchalant, but watching him do nothing on the sidelines after throwing int after int is just not giving a *** no matter how you slice it.

kiwitexansfan
11-22-2009, 09:46 PM
We need

Bills over Jags
Colts over Ravens
Chiefs over Steelers(not looking good)
Pats over Jets
Oakland over Cinci

But mainly we gotta focus on taking care of our own business tomorrow.

2000th post!

Thanks for this Ryan and congrats on 2k posts.

4 out of 5 ain't bad.

Now to take care of our own business. :wild:

Showtime100
11-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Cutler and the Bears will get the ball with 2:00 and a 24-20 deficit on their own 21. I'm interested.

Showtime100
11-22-2009, 11:32 PM
That didn't take long. Interception, game over. Cutler sucks and the Bears have him for something like three years....lol.

bah007
11-23-2009, 12:04 AM
That didn't take long. Interception, game over. Cutler sucks and the Bears have him for something like three years....lol.

Who didn't see that coming? Seriously...

TheRealJoker
11-23-2009, 12:12 AM

The term "franchise QB" is overrated. The Bears traded the farm including a comparable QB in Kyle Orton for this mythical player but are running into the same problems they have been having even with the "franchise QB".

If you are not going to bring in talent for the QB to work with, why are you going to trade all of those picks away? The core of the problem in Chicago is that they have no weapons at WR and they are not doing anything to fix the problem.

Makes me even more happy we have such a surplus of weapons in Houston. Matt Schaub may not be thought of as the prototypical "franchise QB" but with the weapons he's got to play with he'll sure play like one!!!

bah007
11-23-2009, 12:31 AM
The term "franchise QB" is overrated. The Bears traded the farm including a comparable QB in Kyle Orton for this mythical player but are running into the same problems they have been having even with the "franchise QB".

If you are not going to bring in talent for the QB to work with, why are you going to trade all of those picks away? The core of the problem in Chicago is that they have no weapons at WR and they are not doing anything to fix the problem.

Makes me even more happy we have such a surplus of weapons in Houston. Matt Schaub may not be thought of as the prototypical "franchise QB" but with the weapons he's got to play with he'll sure play like one!!!

McNabb made it work for a number of years before the Eagles finally brought in some real talent at WR. The big problem is that Cutler just isn't a "franchise QB".

Despite the two statistically good seasons he had in Denver, I have never been a Cutler fan. His style of play was bound to get him into trouble when he didn't have great players around him to bail him out whenever he makes a stupid throw.

I don't necessarily disagree with your post. I just think that Cutler received a lot of the credit that should have gone to other players on the Broncos. He is overrated because he has the big arm. But I think that the best tool a QB can have is between the ears, and Cutler doesn't have that.

TheRealJoker
11-23-2009, 12:55 AM
McNabb made it work for a number of years before the Eagles finally brought in some real talent at WR. The big problem is that Cutler just isn't a "franchise QB".

Despite the two statistically good seasons he had in Denver, I have never been a Cutler fan. His style of play was bound to get him into trouble when he didn't have great players around him to bail him out whenever he makes a stupid throw.

I don't necessarily disagree with your post. I just think that Cutler received a lot of the credit that should have gone to other players on the Broncos. He is overrated because he has the big arm. But I think that the best tool a QB can have is between the ears, and Cutler doesn't have that.

Exactly, the point of my post is the term gets thrown around a bit too often when more often than not the QB is benefiting more from the players around him than succeeding regardless of who he's got to work with on offense.

bah007
11-23-2009, 03:19 AM
Exactly, the point of my post is the term gets thrown around a bit too often when more often than not the QB is benefiting more from the players around him than succeeding regardless of who he's got to work with on offense.

Then we agree.

kastofsna
11-23-2009, 08:39 AM
i think Cutler is still young. guys like him naturally have a lot of interceptions early in their careers. i'd give him some more time in a new system before totally writing him off.

WWJD
11-23-2009, 08:56 AM
i think Cutler is still young. guys like him naturally have a lot of interceptions early in their careers. i'd give him some more time in a new system before totally writing him off.

Yea I agree. He's had a number of 4th quarter comebacks for being so lousy and all. I remember when the Bears got him some thought the Bears were automatic SB contenders.

Vinny
11-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Cutler has "franchise" tools. His problem is that he isn't consistent and looks like the second coming of Jeff George way too often (and I'm sure that's kinda scary for Bears fans). At times I watch him and marvel at his release and his ability. If he can get it together he is very much a big time "franchise QB" imo.

HoustonFrog
11-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Cutler has "franchise" tools. His problem is that he isn't consistent and looks like the second coming of Jeff George way too often (and I'm sure that's kinda scary for Bears fans). At times I watch him and marvel at his release and his ability. If he can get it together he is very much a big time "franchise QB" imo.

Yup. I can name 3 horrible throws where guys were wide open last night...2 on one drive....Olsen and Hester. And then late to Knox when he beat his man one on one. He still tries to overthrow with his arm and rocket the ball. He has no touch. You'd think he would learn that in the last few years but I think he has regressed some.

bah007
11-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Yup. I can name 3 horrible throws where guys were wide open last night...2 on one drive....Olsen and Hester. And then late to Knox when he beat his man one on one. He still tries to overthrow with his arm and rocket the ball. He has no touch. You'd think he would learn that in the last few years but I think he has regressed some.

He doesn't look like he has regressed to me. He is playing the same way he has been ever since he came into the league. The thing that has changed is now he doesn't have Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, and Brandon Stokley to bail him out.

He is still young and he can still fix this. He has the physical tools to be successful. What really bothers me is what Showtime brought up earlier in this thread. When Peyton Manning or Tom Brady make a mistake they go straight to the overhead pictures and talk with their QB coach. When Cutler messes up he goes off onto the far end of the sideline and sulks by himself. How can you get better if you don't try to learn how to correct the mistakes you just made?

HoustonFrog
11-23-2009, 11:25 AM
He doesn't look like he has regressed to me. He is playing the same way he has been ever since he came into the league. The thing that has changed is now he doesn't have Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, and Brandon Stokley to bail him out.

He is still young and he can still fix this. He has the physical tools to be successful.

I think he made a little more of the deep throws though in Denver. Even with the WRs he was a more accurate. The ones where he took a little off. This season I've seen him game in and game out miss wide open guys like last night by either throwing off a back foot or trying to rocket it deep.

beerlover
11-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Cutler would fit perfectly in Kubiaks offense. In three years both Schaub & Culter could be free agents.

Showtime100
11-23-2009, 12:46 PM
I just saw the Detroit highlights again. Note to Lions coach Jim Schwartz: When Matthew Stafford wins the game for you but is dragging his left shoulder on the ground, NO HUGGING.

HOU-TEX
11-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Nice to see KC pull out an upset against Pitt. Batch is out with a wrist injury, so who's their 3rd QB if Ben can't go?

WTF, Cincy? Or is this just more proof that the Raiders are a decent team without Russell? I thought Russell was a joke coming out of LSU, so I might be right about something.....for once. :thinking:

Khari
11-23-2009, 01:53 PM
stupid vikings pulling out favre for the 4th quarter......i needed 4 more points!