PDA

View Full Version : Worried about this game...

Spike
11-22-2009, 11:19 AM
I am so nervous for this game, I am not really looking forward to it. I haven't been able to come by the board much. This is such a big game for so many reasons. You hate to point to one game - but this is such a critical game at a critical point in the season. Monday night. Against the Titans. A win here would mean so much.

I live in Austin, and had "the conversation" twice this week. Notwithstanding everything that has happened the past several years, people still won't concede that the Texans made the right decision. In fact, we didn't even make a good decision.

What I would love to see is a big, blow out win. A statement win. A "we're for real win." A win that provides momentum for us to make a push for 10 win season. A win that, in addition to the two previous wins, will make the Titans stop calling us out in the media.

jaayteetx
11-22-2009, 12:31 PM
I am so nervous for this game, I am not really looking forward to it. I haven't been able to come by the board much. This is such a big game for so many reasons. You hate to point to one game - but this is such a critical game at a critical point in the season. Monday night. Against the Titans. A win here would mean so much.

I live in Austin, and had "the conversation" twice this week. Notwithstanding everything that has happened the past several years, people still won't concede that the Texans made the right decision. In fact, we didn't even make a good decision.

What I would love to see is a big, blow out win. A statement win. A "we're for real win." A win that provides momentum for us to make a push for 10 win season. A win that, in addition to the two previous wins, will make the Titans stop calling us out in the media.

Those people are looking through the world with burnt orange glasses and are totally clueless. Don't worry, we'll win and win easily this week.

Yvette
11-22-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm worried too if that makes you feel any better. The last game between our teams makes me uneasy about this one. Sure we're a somewhat different team than before, but after only three games I'm still not sure about our identity.

Your offense and defense have an identity and a pretty solid one.

Big Lou
11-22-2009, 01:48 PM

This is the time when the Texans broke out last year. I think its on baby!!!! I think that we can go 10-6, maybe even 11-5. This team has swagger. I so want to get past the "This is the biggest game in Franchise History" phase. Let's go stomp the Titans, Colts, and Jags, and we won't have to hear that crap any more.

Khari
11-22-2009, 05:25 PM
this is going to be me all day tomorrow :hurryup:

TheCD
11-22-2009, 07:49 PM
This is such a big game for so many reasons. You hate to point to one game - but this is such a critical game at a critical point in the season. Monday night. Against the Titans. A win here would mean so much.

I'm extremely nervous, too...

But only for the reason that from here on out, if we want to make the playoffs, all we have to do is win. A win tomorrow, and we're 6-4, and on an even keel with ALL the 5/6th seed hopefulls. Until the playoff seeding is officially determined...every game from here on out is "that game" which you can point to. It's nerve racking...but it's nice, isn't it? :texflag:

Hervoyel
11-22-2009, 08:03 PM
This is the time when the Texans broke out last year. I think its on baby!!!! I think that we can go 10-6, maybe even 11-5. This team has swagger. I so want to get past the "This is the biggest game in Franchise History" phase. Let's go stomp the Titans, Colts, and Jags, and we won't have to hear that crap any more.

You see this is really the season. Not this game in particular but this string of games. Each is incredibly important and without one of them all might as well be losses. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but if we lose this game then we're .500 and the Jaguars are a game up on us. Worst of all we will have gone out and laid an egg on Monday Night Football in front of the entire nation.

If we win this game and then come out next week and lose again to the Colts then we'll be 6-5. The Jaguars will have most likely caught up with us then. They get San Francisco next week. Then we have to go to their house and beat them just to get that game back.

If we win these two and then go to Jacksonville at 7-4 just to lose then we will again be tied with the Jaguars and they will have swept the series.

This isn't for the week or to justify the 2006 draft. It's not just about shutting up the Vince Young burnt orange nut huggers. This game is for the season. All the games from here on out are for the season.

We need to win three straight and get to 8-4. We need the confidence as much as anything and we need the momentum going into the postseason. We also find ourselves at a crossroads here in the franchises existence. This is a night when the Texans can take the city of Houston away from the Oilers memory forever if they'll just step up, play this game the way that they, by all rights should play this game, and send Vince Young, Chris Johnson, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams (in spirit at least, I know he lives here) packing back to Nashville as the losers they are this year. This is the game where we choke the life out of them or show the world that we haven't really changed at all. If they beat us they'll destroy this season for us and they know that. Bullock's comments clearly demonstrate that they know we are a team that has not been able to overcome adversity in the past. If we can beat them instead we'll destroy their season. Nobody's going to the playoffs at 9-7 and they know that too.

Kill them. Just ****ing kill them for 60 minutes straight tomorrow night. That's the next step.

Joe Texan
11-22-2009, 08:10 PM

You need to man up and represent that manly Name

False Start
11-22-2009, 08:12 PM
You see this is really the season. Not this game in particular but this string of games. Each is incredibly important and without one of them all might as well be losses. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but if we lose this game then we're .500 and the Jaguars are a game up on us. Worst of all we will have gone out and laid an egg on Monday Night Football in front of the entire nation.

If we win this game and then come out next week and lose again to the Colts then we'll be 6-5. The Jaguars will have most likely caught up with us then. They get San Francisco next week. Then we have to go to their house and beat them just to get that game back.

If we win these two and then go to Jacksonville at 7-4 just to lose then we will again be tied with the Jaguars and they will have swept the series.

This isn't for the week or to justify the 2006 draft. It's not just about shutting up the Vince Young burnt orange nut huggers. This game is for the season. All the games from here on out are for the season.

We need to win three straight and get to 8-4. We need the confidence as much as anything and we need the momentum going into the postseason. We also find ourselves at a crossroads here in the franchises existence. This is a night when the Texans can take the city of Houston away from the Oilers memory forever if they'll just step up, play this game the way they by all rights should play this game, and send Vince Young, Chris Johnson, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams (in spirit at least, I know he lives here) packing back to Nashville as the losers they are this year. This is the game where we choke the life out of them or show the world that we haven't really changed at all. If they beat us they'll destroy this season for us and they know that. Bullock's comments clearly demonstrate that they know we are a team that has not been able to overcome adversity in the past. If we can beat them instead we'll destroy their season. Nobody's going to the playoffs at 9-7 and they know that too.

Kill them. Just ****ing kill them for 60 minutes straight tomorrow night. That's the next step.

"And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!!!" :cool:

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/steveaustin.jpg

Seriously though, very well put Herv. This is the first time the Texans have ever had a game that's meant so much. This will show if they are contenders, or pretenders.

Showtime100
11-22-2009, 09:34 PM
I was just reading the comments in response to the article at chron.com Texans-Titans matures into serious rivalry (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6730510.html), if this is true and I guess it is NICE JOB TEXANS! Bum is the most beloved Houston NFL coach we ever had. I love it. :spin:

You want cheap-shot? How about the texans making Bum Phillips an honorary captain for this game and having Warren Moon greet fans at one of the gates? Now i hope the Titans DO wear their Oilers uniforms.

I fail to see the "cheap shot" though.

Air Canada
11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
this is going to be me all day tomorrow :hurryup:

We are on MNF! There is going to be stuff to keep you involved up to the game. Watch the pregame stuff....Primetime, Countdown, or whatever while you wait for the game to start.

MEGA SWATT
11-22-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm worried too if that makes you feel any better. The last game between our teams makes me uneasy about this one. Sure we're a somewhat different team than before, but after only three games I'm still not sure about our identity.

Your offense and defense have an identity and a pretty solid one.

The Titan's identity is that they suck.

Expect a L for your ex-Oilers on Monday night...:splits::scarygirl::fans:

Texan4Ever
11-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Sleep easy my friend, BECAUSE THE TEXANS WILL DESTROY THE TITANS...HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now that I got that outta my system, here's what I got to say: As long as our defense can attempt to shutdown the running attack by LenWhale and Chris "Runnin' from the Cops speed" Johnson, we should be okay.

While I'm at it, IF I SEE ANY TEXANS FAN EVEN SMILE WHEN VINCE YOUNG IS PLAYING OR IF I SEE ANYONE WITH HIS UT JERSEY ON I WILL PERSONALLY SMACK YOU ON TV RIGHT THEN AND THERE! Just kidding, but no...seriously don't do it. :bat:

Sevenfeet
11-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Sleep easy my friend, BECAUSE THE TEXANS WILL DESTROY THE TITANS...HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now that I got that outta my system, here's what I got to say: As long as our defense can attempt to shutdown the running attack by LenWhale and Chris "Runnin' from the Cops speed" Johnson, we should be okay.

While I'm at it, IF I SEE ANY TEXANS FAN EVEN SMILE WHEN VINCE YOUNG IS PLAYING OR IF I SEE ANYONE WITH HIS UT JERSEY ON I WILL PERSONALLY SMACK YOU ON TV RIGHT THEN AND THERE! Just kidding, but no...seriously don't do it. :bat:

You can't stop Chris Johnson. Nor can you contain him. Even in the New England laugher he still got 120+ yards. You better concentrate on the rest of the offense otherwise you'll be wasting your time on Monday night.

TexansBlood
11-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Last few yrs we do extremely well the second half of the season. We got tomorrows game covered!:logo:

Khari
11-22-2009, 11:55 PM
please don't let us suck on national tv....:whistles:

Norg
11-23-2009, 12:01 AM
And if we keep loosing Andre is going to want to get traded ......

Winning cures everything

Speedy
11-23-2009, 12:27 AM
Worried, schmorried. The Texans beat these guys last time, in THEIR house, and they didn't even bother covering Chris Johnson.

Battle Red Flash
11-23-2009, 07:59 AM

I hear you, but don't fret. We will stop the run, and Vince can't score the 31 points it will take to outscore us. 31-21 Texans

nunusguy
11-23-2009, 09:23 AM
What's to worry about ? The Texans are either serious playoff material or they aren't and we will know the answer to that question 2 weeks from this morning after 3 consecutive division matchups starting with tonights game.

TBC_Titan
11-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Worried, schmorried. The Texans beat these guys last time, in THEIR house, and they didn't even bother covering Chris Johnson.

You beat us by all of a FG, AFTER our defense let you guys off the hook in the 4th Q.
Believe us, that WON'T happen again.

FirstTexansFan
11-23-2009, 09:45 AM
You beat us by all of a FG, AFTER our defense let you guys off the hook in the 4th Q.

You're correct, this time their will be no doubt in your inbred minds that you got your asses kicked, though I doubt it'll sink in ;)

False Start
11-23-2009, 10:39 AM

Thats the way the game goes man. If the Titans would have beat the Texans in the same fashion, I bet Titans fans would be boasting about it.

Hervoyel
11-23-2009, 11:41 AM

This is true. I don't expect you guys to get "the hook" anywhere near the Texans tonight.

Tedc
11-23-2009, 12:00 PM
My keys.......Score early, score often and don't play conservative, especially not on defense.

Wolf6151
11-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Tonights game concerns me big time. The Titans have won 3 games in a row and Vince Young is starting. I hope that our LB's can keep VY contained.

Buffi2
11-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Tonights game concerns me big time. The Titans have won 3 games in a row and Vince Young is starting. I hope that our LB's can keep VY contained.

I hope our LBs send him to the sideline to call his psychiatrist...oh, and knock the piss out of him.

GNTLEWOLF
11-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Those people are looking through the world with burnt orange glasses and are totally clueless. Don't worry, we'll win and win easily this week.

Please...Don't ever say that again!:foottap: