PDA

View Full Version : AFC Playbook

jaayteetx
11-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Somebody needs to tell those *********s there is another team playing monday night besides the tacks. Didn't talk at all about the Texans, all tacks all the time. Best 3-6 team off all time, I guess. May as well make em the best 3-7 team of all time also! This game will not be close, Texans win by at least 14.

Allstar
11-21-2009, 11:13 PM
http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Playbook-Matchup/08214909-c55f-41d5-818e-60792b19c429

It's hilarious. Baldinger's reason he's picking the Titans is their punter! who the hell picks a winner based on a punter??? :lol:

EDIT: wasn't Baldinger, it was Sterling Sharpe (:shades:) .

jaayteetx
11-21-2009, 11:17 PM
http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Playbook-Matchup/08214909-c55f-41d5-818e-60792b19c429

It's hilarious. Baldinger's reason he's picking the Titans is their punter! who the hell picks a winner based on a punter??? :lol:

I thought that was comical also, puh-leez, a punter? I hope Jacoby plays Monday night, let him outkick his coverage and see what happens.

Hagar
11-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Wow, nobody took us!

Well, we'll just have to warm up a lil' bit a crow on Monday night.

Oh, year, its Sterling Sharpe that's the punter lover.

WesmanTexanfan
11-21-2009, 11:37 PM
I'll admit that VcrY makes me nervous. But the facts are our D has been stout lately, we were a missed FG from Possibly beating the colts at their place, and the Titans are 3-6.... The are drinking up that kool aid...

HTown2ATX
11-21-2009, 11:51 PM

EDIT: wasn't Baldinger, it was Solomon Wilcots.

WOW! So................................................ ..hmmmm???

Really, in an age where the media is not objective about anything related to any subject, this is just blatant n*t licking.

Most pissed off NFLN has ever made me. I'm ready to run through a wall and I'm not on our D....can't wait to see how FIRED UP THEY ARE!!! If I were Kubiak, I would have that on every TV in the locker room starting NOW with Bullucks comments tacked to EVERYONE's locker!

I no longer want to just win. I wany us to beat the *******ING **** out of Bumblescum. OMG am I am ready for MNF!

Goatcheese
11-22-2009, 12:05 AM
That was pretty stupid. Not your ordinary run of the mill stupid. But the kind of stupid that is hard to watch, and makes you feel embarrassed for them.

If their punter outkicks his coverage like that, I expect JJ to be hugging mama on national TV.

They mentioned getting Cortland McBurnedagainandagainagain back like it's a plus. He is AJ's favorite corner to show on his highlight reels.

jaayteetx
11-22-2009, 12:07 AM
That was pretty stupid. Not your ordinary run of the mill stupid. But the kind of stupid that is hard to watch, and makes you feel embarrassed for them.

If their punter outkicks his coverage like that, I expect JJ to be hugging mama on national TV.

They mentioned getting Cortland McBurnedagainandagainagain coming back likes it's a plus. He is AJ's favorite corner to show on his highlight reels.

Did ya notice the reciever was wide the f open? Only reason it was intercepted was the qb made a horrible throw. Geez, I cannot wait for this game.

m5kwatts
11-22-2009, 12:13 AM
GUYS GUYS GUYS relaaaxxx

Baldinger has picked against the Texans all year, thats what he does

I haven't seen the broadcast yet but this is predictable for these turd$ because they all said this after week 1 vs. the Jets

Let the game play out monday, we should know better, let the games play out and we'll be vindicated :pop:

DexmanC
11-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Wow, nobody took us!

Well, we'll just have to warm up a lil' bit a crow on Monday night.

Oh, year, its Sterling Sharpe that's the punter lover.

Not only did they take us, WE DIDN'T EXIST!!
With our Defense leading the NFL in 3-and-outs, that punter's
gonna get A LOT OF WORK!!

By the way, did you guys see that CBS picked up Colts/Texans
as its 'A' game? Most of the country will see THAT game, too.
Here's to the Texans TURNING THAT CORNER!!

Mailman
11-22-2009, 12:34 AM
Did ya notice the reciever was wide the f open? Only reason it was intercepted was the qb made a horrible throw. Geez, I cannot wait for this game.

Hell yeah I noticed that! Garrard badly overthrew one of my fantasy WRs (Mike Sims-Walker) on that play and a should-have-been TD became an easy interception for the shitstain leprechaun.

Ryan
11-22-2009, 12:59 AM
wow...just wow. I cant wait for these idiots to eat their words.

Texans Pride
11-22-2009, 01:44 AM
Just win. . . That's all the Texans need to do, the rest will take care of itself.

Carr Bombed
11-22-2009, 01:52 AM
Calm down, I'm sure alot of it had to do with the fact that Houston hasn't played a game for two weeks. The attention span of those morons would embarrass a 5 year old. Tenn has been winning games while Houston was off, so they've been out of the news cycle.

We beat Tenn (like we should) Monday night and they'll forget all about them too.

Mari-OWNED!
11-22-2009, 04:13 AM
After watching it, it did not bother me that they all took the Titans to win, that's their opinion and they're entitled to it.

It was the fact that there was absolutely no mention of the Texans AT ALL in that whole segment as if the Texans were not even playing in the game even though the game is being hosted where? Houston! Ridiculous man...

thunderkyss
11-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Baldinger has picked against the Texans all year, thats what he does

Not exactly. I believe it was the Arizona Game they all picked us to win..... & we let them down.

It's not like Houston teams haven't done that before... forever.. all the damn time. Remember the game in Buffalo?

If that's too long ago, remember that missed field goal at the end of the Colts game? Or the fumble at the 1 before half time... that same game. Remember the fumble at the one to end the Jacksonville game? Do you remember the Arizona game?

We lost our MO going into a bye week. Kubiak's Texans have a loosing record after the bye. The Tacks are on a 3 game win streak...

But of course, that's "really" a Houston team too... remember that one yard that could have got them Super Bowl rings? & that was actually "that" franchise that lost to Buffalo way back when.....

Personally, I don't think those guys are any more "expert" than we are. If nothing else, this "no love" from the media should fuel our boys all the way to the Super Bowl, just like it did for the Cardinals, the Giants the year before.

I don't see how it can hurt.

GuerillaBlack
11-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Not only did they take us, WE DIDN'T EXIST!!
With our Defense leading the NFL in 3-and-outs, that punter's
gonna get A LOT OF WORK!!

By the way, did you guys see that CBS picked up Colts/Texans
as its 'A' game? Most of the country will see THAT game, too.
Here's to the Texans TURNING THAT CORNER!!

Yes sir: http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2009/12-CBS.html

Vinny
11-22-2009, 06:05 PM
If they agree with the Texans they are brilliant according to you guys but if they disagree they are "idiots" - nice. All that considered, this is one of my favorite shows. Three guys guys honest opinion breaking down game film. A team that has never played over .500 ball isn't going to capture anyone's imagination except for the homer crowd.

barrett
11-22-2009, 06:42 PM
i agree in the sense that any aspect of coverage that involves teaching more about the game is a better show. Analysis of the X's and O's is a more accurate way to evaluate and predict a winner however, in the defense of the idiott/genius people, Theisman's rationale was that Chris Johnson is now C.J., which is similar to M.J. so he's a good player.

It's a T.V. show, I get that, but it can seem a bit ridiculous at times.

DexmanC
11-22-2009, 07:34 PM
i agree in the sense that any aspect of coverage that involves teaching more about the game is a better show. Analysis of the X's and O's is a more accurate way to evaluate and predict a winner however, in the defense of the idiott/genius people, Theisman's rationale was that Chris Johnson is now C.J., which is similar to M.J. so he's a good player.

It's a T.V. show, I get that, but it can seem a bit ridiculous at times.

Picking a team, because the PUNTER was traded from Denver to Tennessee
was absurd. Vinny, did you even watch that segment? It seemed like one
big sketch on SNL! They gave no serious analysis whatsoever.
The "Inside the NFL" guys gave pluses for both teams, but were at least
honest about their picks.

Vinny
11-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Picking a team, because the PUNTER was traded from Denver to Tennessee
was absurd. Vinny, did you even watch that segment? It seemed like one
big sketch on SNL! They gave no serious analysis whatsoever.
The "Inside the NFL" guys gave pluses for both teams, but were at least
honest about their picks.I watch 'em all and I'm a NFL network junkie. I think my reaction is that people outside of Houston just don't take the team seriously because we are always finding a way to be a .500 team (or worse) and I really don't blame anyone outside of Houston for not being all that enthusiastic about us until we can make some noise in the league. So far our fans make more noise than our team does. I think we are on the upswing but I'm not expecting all the pundits to join me in song and dance till we do something impressive....ie make a serious run.

bckey
11-22-2009, 07:57 PM
If they agree with the Texans they are brilliant according to you guys but if they disagree they are "idiots" - nice. All that considered, this is one of my favorite shows. Three guys guys honest opinion breaking down game film. A team that has never played over .500 ball isn't going to capture anyone's imagination except for the homer crowd.

I like the show too Vinny but they didn't even break down 1 play from the Texans. They only broke down film from the Titans. They still can't stop thinking that our defense hasn't changed since the first 3 games. Chris Johnson is going to run all over us according to them. I can't wait until Vince and Chris meet Cushing and Pollard.

I also can't stand hearing how Peyton has led his team to all these comeback wins this year. They have been extremely lucky in 6 of those wins. The one against us, today agaist the Ravens, Miami, Jacksonville, Patriots, amd San Fran. I know good teams find a way to win but some of these were handed to them on a silver platter.

Mailman
11-22-2009, 08:25 PM
They usually do good work breaking down the game film, but even with my homer glasses off that segment was really weak. For example, Baldinger introduces his analysis by saying "what can I talk about that we haven't been talking about?" Oh I know, the secondary! They've been playing great, and if you don't believe it check out Cortland Finnegan as he doubles back right here, gets in the passing lane and picks off a ball."

Uh, wut? The film doesn't lie, Brian. Finnegan got burned badly on that play and bit on an outside fake by Mike Sims-Walker, who then cut underneath the coverage and was wide freakin open for an easy score in the middle of the field, but Garrard made a terrible throw and put it way over his head. The Titans secondary lucked into an interception on that play, as anyone with two eyes could see. That was an example of crappy play by a quarterback bailing out the Fake Irishman.

Look, I really don't care that they didn't pick the Texans, but if I'm a casual observer (or, say, a bettor) I'd like a meatier analysis than "Chris Johnson is TEH ALLSOME OMG watch as he circles the defense!"

Yeah, we get it...he's really fast and stuff. However, how do you contain him if you're a defender? What happens to the Titans offense if the opposing defense keeps containment, doesn't over-pursue, and wraps up CJ? What happens if they fall behind and have to pass the football? Can Vince Young lead them back from a deficit?

Vinny
11-22-2009, 08:37 PM
I like the show too Vinny but they didn't even break down 1 play from the Texans. They only broke down film from the Titans. They still can't stop thinking that our defense hasn't changed since the first 3 games. Chris Johnson is going to run all over us according to them. I can't wait until Vince and Chris meet Cushing and Pollard.

I also can't stand hearing how Peyton has led his team to all these comeback wins this year. They have been extremely lucky in 6 of those wins. The one against us, today agaist the Ravens, Miami, Jacksonville, Patriots, amd San Fran. I know good teams find a way to win but some of these were handed to them on a silver platter.that kinda tells me how much they respect the Texans ability to make a move in the playoff picture. If they are excited about a team they showcase them...if they aren't they tend to blow them off as per this segment. Time for the Texans to demand respect by winning more...right now. It's up to them...they are in control of their destiny. The love will come once they get in the hunt.

Air Canada
11-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Here's what SN thinks:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=81789

The Playbook thing was idiotic and a dumb attempt at a breakdown, they sounded like 3 guys that didn't know much about football, but anyways plenty of people don't respect us....that's just the way it is, so lets go beat some #@$#$$# @#@# on MNF and show what we are about!

DexmanC
11-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Here's what SN thinks:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=81789

The Playbook thing was idiotic and a dumb attempt at a breakdown, they sounded like 3 guys that didn't know much about football, but anyways plenty of people don't respect us....that's just the way it is, so lets go beat some #@$#$$# @#@# on MNF and show what we are about!

Heh. New England overwhelmingly expects the Texans to win Monday Night.
Looks like a 59-0 drubbing the Titans took knocked a lil luster off their
pedigree.

Battle Red Flash
11-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Somebody needs to tell those *********s there is another team playing monday night besides the tacks. Didn't talk at all about the Texans, all tacks all the time. Best 3-6 team off all time, I guess. May as well make em the best 3-7 team of all time also! This game will not be close, Texans win by at least 14.

That whole show is a travesty! What a joke. It's a Texans home game, yet we were only mentioned twice. Terrible.

SAMURAITEXAN
11-23-2009, 08:21 AM
I really don't care what they say about us. As long as we come up with W, that is all matters to me. We know we got good team and we are in position to talk about playoffs and that matters to me the most. Just Win baby just win!!!

Go Texans!!!

tennygrl93
11-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Here's what SN thinks:

With the exception of obviously Tennessee and Texas, those are all really close votes. That's crazy, but interesting. Thanks for posting that link.

DexmanC
11-23-2009, 09:07 AM
With the exception of obviously Tennessee and Texas, those are all really close votes. That's crazy, but interesting. Thanks for posting that link.

New England is OVERWHELMINGLY Pro-Texans. Like I said, 59-0 goes
a long way to dropping respect towards the Titans. We've stunk it up
this year, but had enough pride to keep the networks from switching
the game mid-broadcast.

tennygrl93
11-23-2009, 09:14 AM
New England is OVERWHELMINGLY Pro-Texans. Like I said, 59-0 goes
a long way to dropping respect towards the Titans. We've stunk it up
this year, but had enough pride to keep the networks from switching
the game mid-broadcast.

I'm pretty sure I never said that games wasn't embarassing for us Titan fans. I'm also pretty sure I said the votes were pretty close throughout except for Texas and Tennessee. I'm aware that "New England" preferred the Texans over the Titans, but wasn't by about 10%? That's still close considering it's out of 100%.

GuerillaBlack
11-23-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm pretty sure I never said that games wasn't embarassing for us Titan fans. I'm also pretty sure I said the votes were pretty close throughout except for Texas and Tennessee. I'm aware that "New England" preferred the Texans over the Titans, but wasn't by about 10%? That's still close considering it's out of 100%.

I'm pretty sure he never said that you said those things, either...

tennygrl93
11-23-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm pretty sure he never said that you said those things, either...

His statement about the fact that they switched our game mid broadcast seemed to be him pointing out how embarassing it was. And the fact that he had to point out the New England was pro-Texan was contradicting my statement that I said most of the states were pretty close.

Geez, thought I was making a pretty neutral statement originally. I even thanked the guy for posting the link.

GuerillaBlack
11-23-2009, 10:42 AM
His statement about the fact that they switched our game mid broadcast seemed to be him pointing out how embarassing it was. And the fact that he had to point out the New England was pro-Texan was contradicting my statement that I said most of the states were pretty close.

Geez, thought I was making a pretty neutral statement originally. I even thanked the guy for posting the link.

wow.

*shakes head*

sensitive spot IS sensitive.

tennygrl93
11-23-2009, 11:02 AM
wow.

*shakes head*

sensitive spot IS sensitive.

LOL, that is true, in soooooo many ways.

HTown2ATX
11-23-2009, 11:05 AM
LOL, that is true, in soooooo many ways.

:goodpost:

:kitten:

michaelm
11-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Here. For those of you who like to know what the national media is thinking, and who they're picking.
This is a little sunnier for Texans fans.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-picks.htm

texanhead08
11-23-2009, 12:17 PM
I like everyone is picking against the Texans. It makes it more fun when we win and shock the world.

DexmanC
11-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Here. For those of you who like to know what the national media is thinking, and who they're picking.
This is a little sunnier for Texans fans.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-picks.htm

LOL at the cross-eyed guy being the only one to pick the Titans.
:rake:

jaayteetx
11-23-2009, 04:16 PM
NFL Live, ESPN, leads off talking mostly bout.....drum roll please.....you guessed it....the Tacks and Chris Johnson. Thats fine, they can talk all they want to bout them BEFORE the game, we know who they'll be talking bout AFTER the game. Go Texans!:texflag: