PDA

View Full Version : The Message Board Eeryore speaks

swtbound07
11-20-2009, 02:31 PM
God knows I'm always pessimistic. That being said, I fully expect the texans to beat the living shit out of tennessee monday. Thats all there is to it.

Hervoyel
11-20-2009, 02:44 PM
It needs to happen. It should happen. If it doesn't happen then I think we need to appoint a blue ribbon bipartisan committee to get to the bottom of this and find out why it didn't happen.

It's really time to go ahead and start playing to our abilities. I also expect us to play this game well and win. I think the Texans and Titans match up well and it should be a good game. A good game that we win.

FirstTexansFan
11-20-2009, 02:51 PM
If it doesn't happen, you guys will need to come over to SA to talk me down...I swear I'll jump!

gtexan02
11-20-2009, 02:59 PM
God knows I'm always pessimistic. That being said, I fully expect the texans to beat the living shit out of tennessee monday. Thats all there is to it.

Just for good measure, you should burn that VY jersey of yours :)

badboy
11-20-2009, 03:45 PM
God knows I'm always pessimistic. That being said, I fully expect the texans to beat the living shit out of tennessee monday. Thats all there is to it.Ben, you finally got something right! :runaway: Happy Thanksgiving to you both. Steve

Double Barrel
11-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Warm up that "Fire Kubiak" thread if they lose this one.

infantrycak
11-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Warm up that "Fire Kubiak" thread if they lose this one.

Shush. There are some people with candles lit in their houses this night planning on fasting until Monday while having a seance just waiting to jump back into that thread while simultaneously hoping for the end of times. Don't encourage them.

Wolf
11-20-2009, 07:13 PM
I fully agree Ben. I expect his to be a win. I do think it would be in my best interest if I stayed off the board for at least 48 hours if we lose.

My thinking is if the Texans are talking the talk (playoffs and such) , it is time to walk the walk... no excuses on this.. Tennessee is a dangerous team but they are not a good team

I am not saying the Texans are a great team, but we are at home and just come off of a bye week and had two weeks to prepare for this and get Mario,Cushlash and others healthy... it doesn't get any better than this ... This team to get a by in 10th week of season and if they are to make a playoff push, time is now

no excuses

GP
11-20-2009, 07:35 PM

(sigh)

Why couldn't you have said that in the NSZ? I had such a good response.

:wild:

Thorn
11-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Shush. There are some people with candles lit in their houses this night planning on fasting until Monday while having a seance just waiting to jump back into that thread while simultaneously hoping for the end of times. Don't encourage them.

I laughed my ass off at this, then realized I'd be one of those bad mouthing Kubiac if we lose. I have no shame. LOL

I'll say this, if we don't win Monday, I'm gonna be really REALLY pissed at not just the coaches, but the players as well. There is no damn reason we should lose this game. None.

Vinnie
11-20-2009, 08:31 PM
There is no damn reason we should lose this game. None.

I guess this is what scares me the most. :choke:

gary
11-20-2009, 09:23 PM
I laughed my ass off at this, then realized I'd be one of those bad mouthing Kubiac if we lose. I have no shame. LOL

I'll say this, if we don't win Monday, I'm gonna be really REALLY pissed at not just the coaches, but the players as well. There is no damn reason we should lose this game. None.Think postive there ain't no way we lose on primetime T.V. That helps me out anyway.

Mailman
11-20-2009, 10:10 PM
I am imagining a beatdown of epic proportions, something in line with the 59-0 cornholing the Pats inflicted on those classless, despicable turdstains from Possum Holler. Think how incredibly satisfying it would feel to lay something like that on those assclowns on Monday Night Football.

I am so ready to see Mario, Pollard, Crush, and Meco knock the piss out of someone in a tack helmet.

Oh football gods I don't ask for much. Please grant me this one wish.

steelbtexan
11-20-2009, 10:55 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself Ben.

Happy Thanksgiving

Silver Oak
11-21-2009, 07:15 AM

scary that we see eye to eye on football matters so frequently, but I agree 100%.

despite what a couple of posters have said, the titans D cannot stay up with our offense...even if our guys come out at 75%.

Radio will go on suicide watch after hearing his hometown call him names the entire game, and reading signs that question his sexuality.

:fans:

Chance_C
11-21-2009, 10:51 AM
I've been through every up and down with this team and I can say without a doubt that this is my most anticipated game ever. I want them to beat the Titans so bad that it's unreal.

swtbound07
11-23-2009, 04:04 AM
weird not having football for the past couple of sundays. Very odd feeling.

Vinny
11-23-2009, 08:17 AM
what scares me the most is that SWT is usually wrong.

HoustonFrog
11-23-2009, 08:28 AM
I hope the Texans win 42-14 and Chris Johnson has both Tds and and about 100 yards. That would cover me for the week. :)

Shaft75
11-23-2009, 08:35 AM
I hope the Texans win 42-14 and Chris Johnson has both Tds and and about 100 yards. That would cover me for the week. :)

I'm in a perfect situaton... Down by 30 points with Schaub and Andre left to play. 5 tds combined wins me the game!

HoustonFrog
11-23-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm in a perfect situaton... Down by 30 points with Schaub and Andre left to play. 5 tds combined wins me the game!

I have Andre in my other league. In this second one I'm down by 18 with CJ. Like, I said, he can get his and they can still lose big and I'm fine.

TimeKiller
11-23-2009, 09:22 AM
The Titans only chance is to "out-heart" the Texans because there is little question at this point who the better team is.

31-17 us. I don't expect to eliminate the most explosive RB in football right now but I do expect that he'll have more of a "normal" game (like, he's going to be covered and such) than last time. Time for a few faces to shine too MARIO OKOYE DUNTA WALTER SLATON CASEY

HOU-TEX
11-23-2009, 09:25 AM

QFT! We're screwed

TexanBacker93
11-23-2009, 09:40 AM

I only need 2 points and I have Chris Johnson and Kris Brown. I know Brown is a homer pick, but I change kickers every other week. I'm happy with CJ getting 10 yards or so and Brown getting 5 XP. That'll cover me. I don't want to see him in the endzone. A shutout would rock the house.

tennygrl93
11-23-2009, 10:08 AM
I fully agree Ben. I expect his to be a win. I do think it would be in my best interest if I stayed off the board for at least 48 hours if we lose.

My thinking is if the Texans are talking the talk (playoffs and such) , it is time to walk the walk... no excuses on this.. Tennessee is a dangerous team but they are not a good team

I am not saying the Texans are a great team, but we are at home and just come off of a bye week and had two weeks to prepare for this and get Mario,Cushlash and others healthy... it doesn't get any better than this ... This team to get a by in 10th week of season and if they are to make a playoff push, time is now

no excuses

OK, I mean absolutely no sarcasm when I ask this question so please don't everyone jump me at once. But how can a team be dangerous, but not good? What do you define as the difference? Again, no sarcasm. This is a legit question.

spurstexanstros
11-23-2009, 10:10 AM
I have brought my good luck charm to counteract any bad jinxes...he is five and its his first game at the stadium.

His first game home from the hospital was the battle red game in which "big play" was immoratalized.

I have big hopes because I dont think his good mojo is used up yet.

Vinny
11-23-2009, 10:13 AM
not about Connor Barwin.

hence the usage of the word "usually" instead of "always". :spin:

Texan_Bill
11-23-2009, 10:18 AM
OK, I mean absolutely no sarcasm when I ask this question so please don't everyone jump me at once. But how can a team be dangerous, but not good? What do you define as the difference? Again, no sarcasm. This is a legit question.

Eddy Grant..... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Chris Johnson = dangerous.
Titans offense = not good.

tennygrl93
11-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Eddy Grant..... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Chris Johnson = dangerous.
Titans offense = not good.

Aha, makes sense. But we have a pretty good offensive line as well. And I'm hoping Britt gets some big plays against you guys tonight.

I don't follow Texans game unless they are playing the Titans (I know, I'm one way), how is your secondary? Should I be afraid?

Texan_Bill
11-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Aha, makes sense. But we have a pretty good offensive line as well. And I'm hoping Britt gets some big plays against you guys tonight.

I don't follow Texans game unless they are playing the Titans (I know, I'm one way), how is your secondary? Should I be afraid?

Our secondary is "looking to knock the piss out of somebody"

Showtime100
11-23-2009, 10:56 AM

That's right. The Texans don't care what you did last time, this time you get the dawgs!!!!! :fans:

Texan_Bill
11-23-2009, 10:57 AM
That's right. The Texans don't care what you did last time, this time you get the dawgs!!!!! :fans:

:thumbup

tennygrl93
11-23-2009, 11:07 AM

LOL, I actually meant how has your secondary been playing?

michaelm
11-23-2009, 11:08 AM

I wouldn't say that you should be afraid of our secondary, at least not in the passing game. I mean, they are more than capable of containing your passing game, but they definitely would not be described as scary...
Against your run game, DBs Pollard and Robinson are pretty big hitters, capable of causing fumbles and instilling fear in RBs, TE, and receivers.
I'd say that our LBs are the unit that should instill the most fear. DeMeco literally makes plays all over the field, and Cushing can really bring the pain. Diles is solid, and doesn't tend to make mental errors.
As a group, they've really come together to limit the kinds of mistakes that allowed big running plays in the first three games of the season, including the first one against the tacks.
I know that titans fans will say that this isn't the same titans team that faced the Texans earlier, but our defense is performing light years better than they did in the first meeting.
If we manage any kind of running game at all, this could be a long night for the tacks. Our passing game should be there for us all night long.
Basically, if we can limit C Johnson to less than 100yds, and if we can get around 100yds rushing as a team, we should win going away.

tennygrl93
11-23-2009, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't say that you should be afraid of our secondary, at least not in the passing game. I mean, they are more than capable of containing your passing game, but they definitely would not be described as scary...
Against your run game, DBs Pollard and Robinson are pretty big hitters, capable of causing fumbles and instilling fear in RBs, TE, and receivers.
I'd say that our LBs are the unit that should instill the most fear. DeMeco literally makes plays all over the field, and Cushing can really bring the pain. Diles is solid, and doesn't tend to make mental errors.
As a group, they've really come together to limit the kinds of mistakes that allowed big running plays in the first three games of the season, including the first one against the tacks.
I know that titans fans will say that this isn't the same titans team that faced the Texans earlier, but our defense is performing light years better than they did in the first meeting.
If we manage any kind of running game at all, this could be a long night for the tacks. Our passing game should be there for us all night long.
Basically, if we can limit C Johnson to less than 100yds, and if we can get around 100yds rushing as a team, we should win going away.

For sure, your passing game worries me way more than your running game does. But, we've been getting some good pressure on QBs these last few games. So it should be interesting.

HJam72
11-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Don't worry, guys. If we lose tonight, I'll start the "Moral Victory" thread. :stirpot:

More likely, I'll wait until tomorrow and start the "Fire Everybody but..." thread.

Corrosion
11-23-2009, 03:19 PM
God knows I'm always pessimistic.

Not this time Vinny - he found .....:kitten:

mattieuk
11-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Don't worry, guys. If we lose tonight, I'll start the "Moral Victory" thread. :stirpot:

More likely, I'll wait until tomorrow and start the "Fire Everybody but..." thread.

I'm usually in the pro-moral victory camp, but nothing....nothing other than a win will be good enough tonight. There are football games, and then there is MNF against the Tacks.

The only moral victory would come if Bud actually managed to shoot down one of our players with his magic middle fingers, and we lose because of it.

No excuses tonight. No poor zebra excuses. No poor play-calling excused. No stupid fumbling excuses. No 'I wasn't used to passing to red shirt' excuses. Nothing, other than a win tonight.