PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins @ Panthers

kastofsna
11-19-2009, 08:02 PM
pretty intrigued by this one. not sure what Miami will break out on offense. at all.

gary
11-19-2009, 08:53 PM
3-0 Panthers lead. Try this link if you'd like to watch the game.
http://www.justin.tv/sports7_net20?publisher_guard=null

Khari
11-19-2009, 08:54 PM
not the least bit interested in this game.....nfl network still sucks

gary
11-19-2009, 09:28 PM
When is Rick's contract up?

kastofsna
11-19-2009, 09:42 PM
i love Ricky Williams

gary
11-19-2009, 09:56 PM
i love Ricky WilliamsHe is a beast. Do you know when he'll be a FA? Just asking.

TexansSeminole
11-19-2009, 10:10 PM
The Miami secondary, while not spectacular, is light years ahead of where it was a year ago. Vonta Davis has really come on in the last few weeks. Last week, there were a lot of corners getting PT and I noticed a couple no-namers making nice tackles.

WWJD
11-19-2009, 10:18 PM
I wonder if the Dolphins will just go ahead and give up on Pennington now...seems like Henne runs their offense well enough to build on for the future.

TexansSeminole
11-19-2009, 10:20 PM
I wonder if the Dolphins will just go ahead and give up on Pennington now...seems like Henne runs their offense well enough to build on for the future.

Oh yea, Pennington is done in Miami and maybe the NFL period.

WWJD
11-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Oh yea, Pennington is done in Miami and maybe the NFL period.

I wondered with the chronic shoulder injury..thanks for that.

Too bad.

Stemp
11-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Link is no longer available.

TexansSeminole
11-19-2009, 10:48 PM
I wondered with the chronic shoulder injury..thanks for that.

Too bad.

I mean, I don't know for sure but it seems highly likely to me.

WWJD
11-19-2009, 10:51 PM
I mean, I don't know for sure but it seems highly likely to me.

You're probably right.

Well like I said Henne has come on and he's doing fine. He's got alot to learn but I'm sure they are pleased with his production and how he runs the team.

kastofsna
11-19-2009, 11:45 PM
yeah Henne is awesome.

loving the future of this team.

Blazing Arrow
11-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Carolina's D is averaging giving up almost 24 points a game. Tonight was nothing special.

kastofsna
11-19-2009, 11:59 PM
with your best player on offense out and losing 3 centers to injury in one game (!), it's pretty nice to see that effort tonight. i'll live with it.

Blazing Arrow
11-20-2009, 12:01 AM
with your best player on offense out and losing 3 centers to injury in one game (!), it's pretty nice to see that effort tonight. i'll live with it.

My fantasy team in my money league had R Williams so I loved it. I am just saying Henne had a VY day.

kastofsna
11-20-2009, 12:04 AM
no, Henne made plays

Blake
11-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Carolina's D is averaging giving up almost 24 points a game. Tonight was nothing special.

Blazin, I have a hard time believing that you would say that if the Titans had just beaten the Panthers. Just sayin.

Blazing Arrow
11-20-2009, 10:33 AM
no, Henne made plays

Henne had 172 passing no rushing and the one TD came on a dump to R Williams. Williams won that game and the fact that Delhomme's line was collapsing on almost every play. Delhomme may not have thrown a lot of INTs but was not helping that team win at all.

Basically Henne did not lose the game the same way Young has not been losing games for the Titans.

Blazing Arrow
11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Blazin, I have a hard time believing that you would say that if the Titans had just beaten the Panthers. Just sayin.

They are 4-6, have a QB that has turned the ball over 17 times in 10 games and a D allowing an average of 24 points a game. Nothing special as I said.

kastofsna
11-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Henne had 172 passing no rushing and the one TD came on a dump to R Williams. Williams won that game and the fact that Delhomme's line was collapsing on almost every play. Delhomme may not have thrown a lot of INTs but was not helping that team win at all.

Basically Henne did not lose the game the same way Young has not been losing games for the Titans.

ah okay!

Blake
11-20-2009, 10:51 AM
They are 4-6, have a QB that has turned the ball over 17 times in 10 games and a D allowing an average of 24 points a game. Nothing special as I said.

So then you agree that two of your three wins against even worst offenses (SF and BUF) were nothing special, leaving you with only 1 decent win this year against the Jags?

Blazing Arrow
11-20-2009, 10:55 AM
So then you agree that two of your three wins against even worst offenses (SF and BUF) were nothing special, leaving you with only 1 decent win this year against the Jags?

I would say that SF is a better team then Carolina

I already did ...

Not really I am just not a swinger and never have been. Am I happy he is not coughing up the ball 3 times a game and just handing it over to the other team? Sure. Do I think the Jags, 9ers or Bill have top level D's that show he is not just playing poor game planning? No.

Exactly what I was afraid of is happening right now. Young gets the start against 3 poor teams and is asked to do little. We had a chance to regroup after the bye our D has made some major adjustments and Finni and Fuller are both healthy again. The Hood pickup was huge and he should be starting over Harper even if he gets healthy again. We are blitzing more and scheming better for what ever reason. All of this leads to the bandwagon effect and Young is hooked to this team for another 5+ seasons always searching out that potential.

On top of that Johnson is playing lights out right now which is helping the pass game. The WR and TEs are actually making an effort to catch a ball instead of the half arse shiet that they were dropping on the field in the first 6 games.

Young is benefiting from teams not having a lot of film on him since his reemergence, a powerful run game and an evolving offense play calling that changes enough each week that teams are having a tough time adapting.

If you factor out screen passes to Johnson, Young is averaging less then 125 yards per game passing in his 3 game return. Two of Young's long passes were highlight real material (Gage climbing the ladder, Britt over the shoulder with the CB on him like a blanket).

I want the guy to be great but to me the jury is still out.

BTW on 12/20 he will look like an all pro against the Blue Elderly.

Blazing Arrow
11-20-2009, 10:59 AM

Considering 4 of your 5 wins have been against teams below .500 I would not get all excited.

Blake
11-20-2009, 11:13 AM
I would say that SF is a better team then Carolina.

I am not using personal opinion here like you. I am using facts. Carolina statistically is a better team than both BUF and SF.

The only point I am trying to make is that you are being overly negative about Miami's win over Carolina at Carolina.

Blake
11-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Considering 4 of your 5 wins have been against teams below .500 I would not get all excited.

Get all excited? I am not getting into a Texans Titans debate with you. I am trying to figure out why you are being so negative to a big win for Miami against a good opponent. I have a feeling that if the Titans had been in that game last night and beat the Panthers in Carolina, you would be calling it a good win.

TexansSeminole
11-20-2009, 12:36 PM
I would say that SF is a better team then Carolina

I already did ...

Don't worry, we'll put VY back in his place.