PDA

View Full Version : Ryans yet to forget the roars for Young

GlassHalfFull
11-18-2009, 02:33 PM
This should never happen again.

Ryans yet to forget the roars for Young (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6726249.html)

It was a sound DeMeco Ryans never wants to hear again, a sound that still haunts him four years later.

Ryans, the Texans' outstanding middle linebacker, is having a Pro Bowl-type season. It's 30 minutes after practice on Tuesday, and he's sitting at his locker in Reliant Stadium, rubbing lotion on his shoulders after a shower.

Ryans is asked to relive a day that will live in Texans infamy — Dec. 10, 2006. In the 13th game of his rookie season, Ryans had a game-high 14 tackles in a 26-20 overtime loss to the Tennessee Titans.

What made the game so memorable to Ryans, the Texans and fans in the Houston area is that it marked the first time Titans quarterback Vince Young played against his hometown team at Reliant Stadium. Young didn't just play against the Texans; he beat them with a 39-yard touchdown run on the first series of overtime.
Right up the gut

It was a third-and-14 play, and defensive coordinator Richard Smith called a blitz. Young saw an opening, exploded up the middle and took off for the end zone. He didn't stop until he reached the wall behind the end zone, where he danced and celebrated with his teammates while thousands of fans cheered wildly.

It was a scene Ryans will never forget.

“It was a devastating play for us, but when he scored, the way the fans erupted, well, that was a blow to my heart,” Ryans said. “The way the fans erupted hurt even more. When he scored, it was like this was his home, like he played for the Texans.”

Ryans leans back in his chair, fidgets with a towel and let's out a deep breath.

“Man, I never want to hear that sound again,” he said. “I never want to hear that sound when somebody else scores in our stadium. And I'll do everything I can to make sure it doesn't happen.”

Those who witnessed the touchdown at Reliant Stadium remember that the crowd noise was deafening when Young scored.

“You would have thought the Texans had won the game,” Ryans said. “They forgot all about us. We thought we were in Nashville. I'll always remember that.”

Click on the title for the full story.

Shameful, shameful stuff.

Ryan
11-18-2009, 02:35 PM
VY will not get past our linebackers on monday. Demeco will get the troops rallied and we'll have a blowout. :kingkong:

Speedy
11-18-2009, 02:43 PM
I hope DeMeco realizes that those baffoons he heard that day were NOT Texans fans.

If they bring the kind of D Pollard was talking about on the radio this morning, you won't hear a peep out of those #10 lovers 'cause they'll all be putting their heads right back up their arses until the next opportunity they have to pull them out and show what ignoramuses they are.

If you don't want to hear it DeMeco, do something about it!!! Knock the piss out of those inbreds!!!!!

Ckw
11-18-2009, 03:28 PM
That was a sickening day. I can't begin to express the disdain I have for those "Texans fans" that cheered for Young that day. It was despicable.

Hervoyel
11-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Vince Young loved the world that day. I don't think anybody could have scripted a better return to Houston for him and I'm certain he's going to feel good going into this game. He's not a perfect "technical" kind of player. He's not like Peyton or Brady (obviously and I'm not just talking about his love for sausage). He's an emotional player who rides highs and suffers through lows. We need to make him start feeling low.

The Texans need to make sure that he leaves Houston this time never wanting to come back again. I'd put a hat on him every single legal opportunity presented. Players like Vince Young need to be treated badly by a defense so they start to hurt and start to doubt. Take Chris Johnson away from him completely. Make him carry the team and then do what everyone (including the Titans) has done to Matt Schaub for years. Punish him with every legal hit you can make. Force him to leave Reliant Stadium without any love for the game in his heart and we'll never have to hear about how Vince thinks it's his house again.

gtexan02
11-18-2009, 04:02 PM
The best case scenario Monday would be if VY lost the game. Im talking Rosencopter fail-style, where he single handedly throws away the game. Multiple INTs, fumbles, etc. Totally blows it. I want him to remember this game as long as Ryans has the first time he was here

Texan_Bill
11-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Pollard wasn't there to knock the piss out of 'em.

hradhak
11-18-2009, 04:13 PM
I think the best way to beat the crap out of the Titans is force VY to throw the ball. Don't blitz and let him step up in the pocket and then run for the first. Force him to thread it in to receivers and make him make throws he can't complete. I think if he's forced to do that he'll start turning it over.

Marcus
11-18-2009, 04:13 PM
I hope Demeco or someone else gives Brian Cushing, or any other player that wasn't there a tape of that game.

They have to win this game. They HAVE to win this game. If they don't.... sheesh, I don't want to even wrap my mind around that.

Mr. White
11-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Knock him down.
Knock him down.
Knock him down.
Knock him down.
Knock him down.
Knock him down.
Knock him down.

That'll shut 'em up.

stevn8r
11-18-2009, 04:18 PM
I want this picture with VY on the ground instead!!! THEN we will hear the roars!!! :wild: And Mario says "Not in OUR house!!!"
http://thesportsunion.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/mario-williams.jpg

Texan_Bill
11-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Methinks 'Meco is gonna have a big game.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03wUa9Eczt3XI/610x.jpg

JWarren14
11-18-2009, 04:46 PM
I gave VY the Bud Adams salute after that play.

My heart was ripped out that day. I can't wait to beat that @$$ on primetime TV!

Double Barrel
11-18-2009, 05:14 PM
I hope DeMeco & Company are ready to foreclose on "VY's house", as Young was calling it to his worshipers after that play.

I remember that sickening sound from fans, as well. It ranks on the disgust level with 35-3 in my mind. Anyone that was cheering after that play was never a Houston Texans fan as far as I'm concerned.

AnthonyE
11-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Wait, Richard Smith called a blitz?!

BigTimeTexanFan
11-18-2009, 05:26 PM
That game was the first one my wife had ever been to. She was being a good sport, trying to learn more and get involoved with something I am so passionate about. I'll never forget what she said after that last run, "I'm so confused, didn't we just lose". All I could do was shake my head in disgust. She's still a good sport though.

Thorn
11-18-2009, 05:58 PM
I hope VY trys to run and Crushing knocks him on his ass so hard he starts crying again and they have to send in Kerry Collins. :)

Texan_Bill
11-18-2009, 06:00 PM
What DeMeco heard was the Bull Pen explode with a giant "F*c*!!!"

False Start
11-18-2009, 06:35 PM
That was a sickening day. I can't begin to express the disdain I have for those "Texans fans" that cheered for Young that day. It was despicable.

Same here. I have never been so mad at a football game in my life. Its not the fact that we lost, it was all the "Texans" fans freaking out like we had won the Superbowl. Then to add to it Radio yelling, "disth is my houseth." http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/rant.gif

That's alright though, payback is a b!+ch!

brakos82
11-18-2009, 06:39 PM

:thud:

Double Barrel
11-18-2009, 06:43 PM

And it still took Kubiak two more seasons to fire his ass.

Shaft75
11-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Well, Meco will know Monday night who has his back!

False Start
11-18-2009, 07:01 PM
I heard an interview with Cushing about VY's run to win the Rose Bowl, and he said he was on the bench on that play. He said that he would have loved to have the opportunity to, I'm paraphrasing here, layeth the smacketh down on VY's candy ass. :cool:

Texan_Bill
11-18-2009, 07:11 PM
I heard an interview with Cushing about VY's run to win the Rose Bowl, and he said he was on the bench on that play. He said that he would have loved to have the opportunity to, I'm paraphrasing here, layeth the smacketh down on VY's candy ass. :cool:

The Cush: "Do you know how rude is to come on to the Cush's show and not have the decency to introduce yourself?"

VY: "I said my name was [Emphatically interrupted by the Cush]

The Cush: "It doesn't matter what your name is!!!" :kingkong:

False Start
11-18-2009, 07:16 PM
The Cush: "Do you know how rude is to come on to the Cush's show and not have the decency to introduce yourself?"

VY: "I said my name was [Emphatically interrupted by the Cush]

The Cush: "It doesn't matter what your name is!!!" :kingkong:

:spit:

The Cush says.... "know your role and shut your mouth."

Texan_Bill
11-18-2009, 07:22 PM
The Cush [to VY]: "Take a little walk down Know Your Role Boulevard, hang that right on Jabroni Drive, and then proceed to check your Aunt Jemima, no-pancake-havin' ass di-rect-ly into the Choker Hotel!"

Ckw
11-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Same here. I have never been so mad at a football game in my life. Its not the fact that we lost, it was all the "Texans" fans freaking out like we had won the Superbowl. Then to add to it Radio yelling, "disth is my houseth." http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/rant.gif

That's alright though, payback is a b!+ch!

The messed up thing is those same fans that cheered have probably been rooting for the Texans this season just because we have started playing well and Vince has sucked. We need to shut those "fans" up for good with this game. We need to make them go lock themselves in their closets and never come out again. Send em home with nothing but a picture of Vinny boy laying on the ground with his shirt pulled up over his head and his pants around his ankles so they can go home and.... (ok I'll keep this PG)

:fans:

ObsiWan
11-18-2009, 07:33 PM

sure 'nuff did. 3rd and double digits against a QB who wasn't (isn't) close to NFL ready as a passer and he blitzes.... No spy. No contain. He called a blitz.
That call right there should have gotten him fired.

False Start
11-18-2009, 07:34 PM
The Cush [to VY]: "Take a little walk down Know Your Role Boulevard, hang that right on Jabroni Drive, and then proceed to check your Aunt Jemima, no-pancake-havin' ass di-rect-ly into the Choker Hotel!"

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00005RIYQ.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056700948_.jpg

:cool:

Hardcore Texan
11-18-2009, 07:48 PM
I am sorry Demeco you had to go through that. And those were not TEXANS fans if they were cheering for sausage boy. I was so freaking pissed off after that play when they won in OT. I hope Cushing, Demeco, and Pollard knock vy's freaking teeth out on MNF! And I will be there to cheer on the Texans loud and proud!!!

Vinnie
11-18-2009, 08:00 PM
I am sorry Demeco you had to go through that. And those were not TEXANS fans if they were cheering for sausage boy. I was so freaking pissed off after that play when they won in OT. I hope Cushing, Demeco, and Pollard knock vy's freaking teeth out on MNF! And I will be there to cheer on the Texans loud and proud!!!

x2 I'd like to add I hope they do the same to Chris Johnson as well. I had to give up my season ticket for this game to my MIL in payment for watching the kid's on Sundays that we come to the games. She's a VY fan, you can imagine how sick that makes me. Luckily, I got a club seat for the game so I will be that much closer to the field to scream DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and drown her VY loving arse out. :aggressive:

False Start
11-18-2009, 08:05 PM
I hope Cushing, Demeco, and Pollard knock vy's freaking teeth out on MNF!

Me too! :aggressive:

Vince has more teeth than the whole Titans fan based combined. Then who would they look up to? He would no longer be "The One With Teeth."

eriadoc
11-18-2009, 08:20 PM
The hardest part about being a Texans fan is the other "fans". That game was one of the times I actually wanted to toss a couple guys over the railing. And it wasn't my inability to do so that stopped me.

Khari
11-18-2009, 08:33 PM
so embarrassing :foottap:

Thorn
11-18-2009, 08:39 PM
This game will be nasty. The last game set the precedent, now the Tits are on a small win streak with VY coming home to Houston, and the Texans are in the midst of finding out they can be mean and nasty and win.

I don't think this game will be rated PG. :)

ledzeppelin229
11-18-2009, 08:43 PM
I was ready to kill someone at that game. Hearing and seeing all the Houston fans that abandoned the Texans....and honestly, the biggest reason wasn't because VY was from Houston. Let's be honest here - if it was about a hometown guy, they would cheer for the hometown team.

These were a bunch of bitter UT fans that had already put VY on a Hall of Fame pedestal.

eriadoc
11-18-2009, 08:46 PM
I was ready to kill someone at that game. Hearing and seeing all the Houston fans that abandoned the Texans....and honestly, the biggest reason wasn't because VY was from Houston. Let's be honest here - if it was about a hometown guy, they would cheer for the hometown team.

These were a bunch of bitter UT fans that had already put VY on a Hall of Fame pedestal.

Still are.

TxDavid
11-18-2009, 10:53 PM
The hardest part about being a Texans fan is the other "fans". That game was one of the times I actually wanted to toss a couple guys over the railing. And it wasn't my inability to do so that stopped me.

Sums up exactly how I felt.

True Texans fans root for the Texans. No ifs, ands, or asterisks. "I root for the Texans except when blah blah blah....." makes you a VY homer - not a Texans fan. Be sure and wear your VY lover shirt too, fanboy, and leave wearing Texan's gear to the real fans.

Blazin' Toro
11-18-2009, 11:00 PM
It's time for VY to meet a little dude called Brian Cushing :cool:

redwhiteANDblue
11-18-2009, 11:41 PM
This game is an easy win for us. If vince tries to run he's gunna meet Brain Cushing. Ooooeee! I just can't wait for this game. I know this sounds bad but i wish Vince gets completely knocked out! This would be a perfect time for Mario to break out

:yikes: <<that's going to be Vince's face when he sees us charging at him!

Sal Rosenberg
11-19-2009, 01:35 AM
#31 is gonna give VY a" dose that's gonna make him wish he was born a woman".

Malloy
11-19-2009, 03:57 AM
#31 is gonna give VY a" dose that's gonna make him wish he was born a woman".

If he hits him low enough he'll be one :)

imatexan
11-19-2009, 04:45 AM
That day still haunts me.

I was so excited thinking we had a chance to beat the titans if we held them this down and I remember it being one of the loudest times I have ever heard it at Reliant(people forget that).

Then VY prancing in and the stadium cheering, I just sank into my chair with my hands over my face for a while.

TheRealJoker
11-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Without a doubt the most embarrassing point to be a Texans fan.

I hope Mario breaks the sack record on MNF!!!

BigBull17
11-19-2009, 11:55 AM
That day still haunts me.

I was so excited thinking we had a chance to beat the titans if we held them this down and I remember it being one of the loudest times I have ever heard it at Reliant(people forget that).

Then VY prancing in and the stadium cheering, I just sank into my chair with my hands over my face for a while.

I was almost in a coma for an hour. Mouth agape, stunned. Couldn't believe what I had just seen. Darkest day in Texans history. By far.

Dread-Head
11-19-2009, 12:20 PM
vy will not get past our linebackers on monday. Demeco will get the troops rallied and we'll have a blowout. :kingkong:

Revenge!!!!!

Spled
11-19-2009, 05:06 PM
If some fans start cheering for Vince on Monday, take your big gulp and aim it at their heads. It's probably just some clowns that made the drive from Austin.