PDA

View Full Version : Nading out; Foster in

m5kwatts
11-17-2009, 08:20 PM
#Texans move rookie RB Arian Foster from practice squad to active roster.

To make room for Foster, DE Jesse Nading placed on waivers.

The #Texans have 4 running backs on active roster: Steve Slaton, Ryan Moats, Chris Brown, Arian Foster.

Fresh off the press via http://twitter.com/ChronicleTexans/

Carr Bombed
11-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Hopefully the rookie gets a legit shot.......at this point our running game can't get any worse.

jaayteetx
11-17-2009, 09:49 PM
I bet his momma is happy, she's a poster on here I believe.

Giant Tiger
11-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Hopefully the rookie gets a legit shot.......at this point our running game can't get any worse.

I like it. I've been wanting to see this kid :thumbup

Wolf6151
11-17-2009, 10:30 PM
I hope that he recognizes the opportunity and makes the most of it. Glad to see Nading gone as well, one less CSU alum around.

False Start
11-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Lets see what he can do, it cant possibly be any worse than what Chris Brown has been doing.....which is pretty much been crap.

michaelm
11-18-2009, 12:16 AM
I really liked what I saw out of Foster in training camp. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in a real game, but keeping my enthusiasm tempered, because it was only in training camp, afterall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexCanada
11-18-2009, 12:30 AM
Does this mean that the Chris Brown experiment is over?

m5kwatts
11-18-2009, 12:38 AM

I think that one ended a few weeks back. CB was nowhere to be seen in goal line situations in Indy.

DexmanC
11-18-2009, 12:39 AM

Not at all. Kubiak said today on HoustonTexans.com, that ALL FOUR
backs will play. He's not naming a starter, and he's giving all of those
backs equal reps. Somebody asked him about Chris Henry or Arian Foster,
and he shrugged it off saying, "If either of 'em comes up, it'll be Arian."

JDizzle
11-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Championship!

TexCanada
11-18-2009, 12:48 AM
and he shrugged it off saying, "If either of 'em comes up, it'll be Arian."

Interesting...thats a lot of backs to be splitting a limited amount of touches. Its got to be tough to get into any kind of "groove" if you are only getting 5 or 6 touches a game. I really hope we go right back to Slaton and see what these few weeks he has had to think about his problem have done for him. I have a feeling he is going to respond in a big way.

DexmanC
11-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Interesting...thats a lot of backs to be splitting a limited amount of touches. Its got to be tough to get into any kind of "groove" if you are only getting 5 or 6 touches a game. I really hope we go right back to Slaton and see what these few weeks he has had to think about his problem have done for him. I have a feeling he is going to respond in a big way.

I said they're getting equal REPS, that's referring to PRACTICE. I believe the
top 3 will get the load on Monday Night. I'm sure Kubiak is upping the
competition with the hopes the best the players have will surface. That's
the luxury the Texans are at now, with good talent at dang near every
position on the team.

50boys
11-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Hopefully we will actually see him play. I'd rather see what he's got vs. Chris Brown at this point. Same goes for Henry.

dalemurphy
11-18-2009, 10:04 AM
I said they're getting equal REPS, that's referring to PRACTICE. I believe the
top 3 will get the load on Monday Night. I'm sure Kubiak is upping the
competition with the hopes the best the players have will surface. That's
the luxury the Texans are at now, with good talent at dang near every
position on the team.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE.... I giggled with delight when I read that!

HOU-TEX
11-18-2009, 10:14 AM
I really liked what I saw out of Foster in training camp. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in a real game, but keeping my enthusiasm tempered, because it was only in training camp, afterall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did look decent in camp, but when it came to preseason games I wasn't impressed. It might've been due to playing with the 2nd and 3rd Oline, who knows? He had a very good chance at winning a spot on the active roster before he got hurt. After his little injury he appeared pedestrian at best.

GP
11-18-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm glad that there is seemingly NO clear-cut starter for the RB position.

Kubiak, IMO, is sending a pretty loud message here: "You want to be the man? Then go out there and do it."

I think Slaton and Moats are each desiring to out-do the other. I don't think Chris Brown cares as much as they do--I think he knows he's just "filler" material and he's down with that. Foster? He makes the seat a little hotter for Moats and Slaton, but he's a bigger guy and is there to try and supplement what Chris Brown is supposed to be doing.

This is GOOD. It's really good, actually.

Glad to see the head coach not being content with naming his RB starter, and forcing them to essentially prove their worth with their play on the field. I think this is the right move, with the right guys who have the mindset of trying to elevate their game and solidify their roles for the rest of the season.

DexmanC
11-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Kubiak, like his team, is improving every season.
I heard Mccain on the radio, and he threw out this interesting stat.

Kubiak's teams over their last seven games to end seasons:

2006:
3-4

2007:
4-3

2008:
5-2

His teams have gotten better every single year, and ending their last
seven games on a winning note. By this trend, they should aim for
6-1, but if they play their BEST, they could easily finish 7-0.

GP
11-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Kubiak, like his team, is improving every season.
I heard Mccain on the radio, and he threw out this interesting stat.

Kubiak's teams over their last seven games to end seasons:

2006:
3-4

2007:
4-3

2008:
5-2

His teams have gotten better every single year, and ending their last
seven games on a winning note. By this trend, they should aim for
6-1, but if they play their BEST, they could easily finish 7-0.

No way this team finishes out with 7-straight wins. I like the confidence, but it's not going to happen.

6-1 would be the best the Texans could do, IMO.

And I fear for what might happen around here if we drop 2 or 3 games somehow.

This team messed up by playing poorly vs. the Jets, the Jags, and the Cards. All three of those games were dumb losses.

DexmanC
11-18-2009, 11:27 AM
No way this team finishes out with 7-straight wins. I like the confidence, but it's not going to happen.

6-1 would be the best the Texans could do, IMO.

And I fear for what might happen around here if we drop 2 or 3 games somehow.

This team messed up by playing poorly vs. the Jets, the Jags, and the Cards. All three of those games were dumb losses.

All three were early in the season, BEFORE they started playing like they have
SINCE the Cards. They haven't had a "dumb loss" since.

No More 8-8's
11-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Guys we should really be focusing our attention to Mondays game. None of this matters unless we show the national audience that we are for real. As much as the media would love a tight nail biting game, i want to see a blow out.

stevn8r
11-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Foster looked good in TC! Looked like he had an extra gear that the others didn't seem to have. I was curious as to why he didn't get a spot. didn't he have a lil injury or something?!?

In the games where Kubes benched Slaton for a few plays and then put him back out there, he responded well! I hope this sets him off and we see the Slaton of old!:jogger:

6-1 is what I am thinking but 7-0 is NOT out of the question.

stevn8r
11-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Guys we should really be focusing our attention to Mondays game. None of this matters unless we show the national audience that we are for real. As much as the media would love a tight nail biting game, i want to see a blow out.

There are other threads for that!

badboy
11-18-2009, 11:50 AM
and he shrugged it off saying, "If either of 'em comes up, it'll be Arian."He said the same thing before last game against Colts. How many plays did Brown get? We need to find out now if Foster can play or not. If he can be the power back, that opens up a draft pick and a high one on my board. Foster has the size and was expected to be drafted prior to his injury. If he could be a significant player that would really be good.

beerlover
11-18-2009, 11:53 AM
why leave the former Titan, Chris Henry on pc when facing his old team?

know Foster has paid his due but Henry has edge in experience, ability & might just want to show his ole' boyz a little tic for tat :cow:

GP
11-18-2009, 11:54 AM
All three were early in the season, BEFORE they started playing like they have
SINCE the Cards. They haven't had a "dumb loss" since.

The only problem is this: I also don't expect another dumb loss., however...now we have to beat teams who are also playing THEIR best ball, too.

Had we started off better, it would give us more of a cushion for losing games that are well-fought but yet unable to overcome our opponent's better play. It seems the really good teams start off with a bang and then allow themselves some slack in the middle-to-late parts of the season, then have it geared back up again for the playoffs. We are a team trying to overcome yet another season of starting our best ball too late in the season, trying to overcome prior "dumb losses."

Right now, it feels like this MNF game is the beginning of a whole new season.

Can we run the table for 7-straight?

I say it's highly unlikely. And that 6-1 would be asking a lot, as well.

badboy
11-18-2009, 12:16 PM
The only problem is this: I also don't expect another dumb loss., however...now we have to beat teams who are also playing THEIR best ball, too.

Had we started off better, it would give us more of a cushion for losing games that are well-fought but yet unable to overcome our opponent's better play. It seems the really good teams start off with a bang and then allow themselves some slack in the middle-to-late parts of the season, then have it geared back up again for the playoffs. We are a team trying to overcome yet another season of starting our best ball too late in the season, trying to overcome prior "dumb losses."

I say it's highly unlikely. And that 6-1 would be asking a lot, as well.A huge goal for next season is starting off strong, but that will be after we successfully start off a game strong.

DexmanC
11-18-2009, 12:59 PM
why leave the former Titan, Chris Henry on pc when facing his old team?

know Foster has paid his due but Henry has edge in experience, ability & might just want to show his ole' boyz a little tic for tat :cow:

Foster will also play special teams. Henry will be good once he learns the
system. If Arian is ahead in the game, then he should be able to compete
for a slot on gameday.

DexmanC
11-18-2009, 01:06 PM

I say it's highly unlikely. And that 6-1 would be asking a lot, as well.

I'm not a nervous nilly, nor a pollyanna. This team has the ABILITY to
win all of its games. The Texans have always played their best ball
in November/December, and as I've said, they finished last year on
a 5-2 streak with much less ability than they have now. They
eliminated a streaking GreenBay team from the playoffs, defeated
a 10-1 Tennessee team, and eliminated the Chicago Bears from playoff
contention.

This year, THEY are the ones with a prize at the end of the season. When
the primetime lights go on, under Kubiak, they DOMINATE. From here on
out, EVERY game is "primetime." I've never seen this team quit, nor fold
under pressure. They almost seem to thrive on it. The Texans can go
6-1 or 7-0 in my book.

The proof is the 3-7 start last year, and playing for NOTHING MORE THAN
PRIDE, they finished the year 5-1. If the league is about "how you finish,"
I'd bet on the side of the Texans. If Kubiak wasn't the coach, I'd probably
think different. When I think of the current Texans, the Casserly/Capers
regime will ALWAYS be omitted from the equation. Some of the Nervous
Nillies out there need to do the same.

:fans:

GP
11-18-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm not a nervous nilly, nor a pollyanna. This team has the ABILITY to
win all of its games. The Texans have always played their best ball
in November/December, and as I've said, they finished last year on
a 5-2 streak with much less ability than they have now. They
eliminated a streaking GreenBay team from the playoffs, defeated
a 10-1 Tennessee team, and eliminated the Chicago Bears from playoff
contention.

This year, THEY are the ones with a prize at the end of the season. When
the primetime lights go on, under Kubiak, they DOMINATE. From here on
out, EVERY game is "primetime." I've never seen this team quit, nor fold
under pressure. They almost seem to thrive on it. The Texans can go
6-1 or 7-0 in my book.

The proof is the 3-7 start last year, and playing for NOTHING MORE THAN
PRIDE, they finished the year 5-1. If the league is about "how you finish,"
I'd bet on the side of the Texans. If Kubiak wasn't the coach, I'd probably
think different. When I think of the current Texans, the Casserly/Capers
regime will ALWAYS be omitted from the equation. Some of the Nervous
Nillies out there need to do the same.

:fans:

I'm all about being confident. And I don't want to talk you down from your level of confidence.

If we beat the Titans AND the Colts, I think we can go 7-0 or 6-1 at the very worst (That Patriots game is scary, even if they sit their players).

But if we drop one of the next two games, I don't see how we finish out the year on a 6 or 5 game winning streak.

If we somehow lose both of the next two games, then the remaining 5 games must be won...because that means we finish at 10-6. Of course, that also means we beat the Patriots and we don't fall asleep and drop one game to the remaining opponents we SHOULD beat (Jags, Rams, 'Hawks, etc).

NBT
11-18-2009, 02:16 PM
6-1 would be fantastice, but then I think maybe we would make the wildcard if we only finish with 5 wins. That would give us a 10-6 record, and a decent chance. also probably more realistic.