PDA

View Full Version : The Browns suck

kastofsna
11-16-2009, 10:48 PM
7 points a game so far this season.

never seen anything like that before. unreal.

TexCanada
11-16-2009, 11:05 PM
7 points a game so far this season.

never seen anything like that before. unreal.

Those 2 deep throws at the end of the game by Quinn that both went about 10 yards out of bounds pretty much summed it up. That was a terrible showing on a day when their D actually played quite well.

kastofsna
11-16-2009, 11:20 PM
oh and their best player, Josh Cribbs, got hurt on the last play of the game and had to be carted off.

RTP2110
11-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Watching that game, it was unbelievable how much Quinn reminded me of a certain QB that used to play in Houston.

Vinny
11-16-2009, 11:44 PM
The Browns offense was moving players all over, getting cute trying to look smart then they would throw a 1 yard pass...aka the David Carr package. On defense all you have to do is watch the play when Ray Rice scored vs 10 Cleveland defenders. The SS let guys trying not to block, block him. I'd be a livid Browns fan right now. I only see pathetic effort like that in 8th grade where most of the youngsters don't have any snap yet. How does Mangini keep his job?

infantrycak
11-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Next week it is Browns v. Lions. That should be a game of epic suckage. Those two teams just might contrive a way for neither to win.

kastofsna
11-16-2009, 11:47 PM
there were a lot of awful screens and silly trick plays that tricked no one.

Mangini is truly absolutely terrible. he will not have another head coaching job ever again in the NFL after this season.

Vinny
11-16-2009, 11:53 PM
http://media.cleveland.com/shaw_impact/photo/brownsledehorizjkjpg-7172dfea65452003_large.jpg

toronto
11-16-2009, 11:56 PM

Mangini is truly absolutely terrible. he will not have another head coaching job ever again in the NFL after this season.

QFT.

The worst part about this Browns team? So they fire yet another coach and bring in yet another new administration and direction. I count three players worth keeping, and that may be a stretch.

The cupboard is just bare there and I feel bad for Browns fans, because they deserve a hell of a lot better than this garbage. I haven't seen one game this year where they look like a competent NFL team led by NFL-calibre coaches.

Like the Lions, this team needs more than a new GM/Coach. It needs new ownership - a true purge.

vanknights2002
11-17-2009, 12:37 AM
QFT.

The worst part about this Browns team? So they fire yet another coach and bring in yet another new administration and direction. I count three players worth keeping, and that may be a stretch.

The cupboard is just bare there and I feel bad for Browns fans, because they deserve a hell of a lot better than this garbage. I haven't seen one game this year where they look like a competent NFL team led by NFL-calibre coaches.

Like the Lions, this team needs more than a new GM/Coach. It needs new ownership - a true purge.

I say gave the Lions a chance with their new head coach/GM. BUT the Brown just need to clean house again. The coach they have sucks. The BROWNS FANS in need of a good team.They had one good year since they came back(if I'm right). It's starts at the top and they Brown have no one that knows how to build a team. Like i said clean house and gave them a few years.

powerfuldragon
11-17-2009, 12:48 AM
http://media.cleveland.com/shaw_impact/photo/brownsledehorizjkjpg-7172dfea65452003_large.jpg

man.. that hurts.

LonerATO
11-17-2009, 01:39 AM

I would be surprised if he even gets a gig at all

texdawg
11-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Watch the Browns get the first pick in the draft and trade down 6 times in the first round and take a punter. Sucks to be a Browns fan right now. No leadership on offense, no plan, and not enough sense to realize they do not have a plan. Is it too late to fire the owner?

gtexan02
11-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Luckily whoever comes in next year is going to have a slew of high draft picks to use.

Watching the Browns makes me want to keep Kubiak around even if we do go 8-8 again. At least we're fun to watch and competitive

gwallaia
11-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Next week it is Browns v. Lions. That should be a game of epic suckage. Those two teams just might contrive a way for neither to win.

The Lions will kill them.

Thorn
11-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Luckily whoever comes in next year is going to have a slew of high draft picks to use.

Watching the Browns makes me want to keep Kubiak around even if we do go 8-8 again. At least we're fun to watch and competitive

The Texans have fully migrated from a joke of a team to an honest middle of the road team. It nice to know we have the players and (hopefully) the coaches to move us past mediocre. We shall see I suppose.

False Start
11-17-2009, 08:09 AM

Come on now, hes "Mangenius." :shades:

HOU-TEX
11-17-2009, 09:14 AM

The Lions will kill them.

After watching that debacle last night I'm going to agree with gwallaia. Honestly, that's probably one of the worst performance's by an NFL offense I've ever seen, and we've all witnessed a bad offense. It's week 10 of the season! Why the heck is Quinn (4th game to start) directing RBs and WRs where to line up?

Why in God's name were the Browns given a MNF game to begin with? They won 4 games last season for crying out loud.

Oh, one more thing, the Ravens should be almost as embarrassed as the Browns with the effort they spewed on the field.

HOU-TEX
11-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Come on now, hes "Mangenius." :shades:

More like 'Mangina'

Texan_Bill
11-17-2009, 09:16 AM
More like 'Mangina'

Tracy is jealous!! :runaway:

Hooston Texan
11-17-2009, 09:30 AM
I would be surprised if he even gets a gig at all

This is an epic career disaster unfolding for Mangini. If he wasn't so obviously a megaprick, I'd feel sorry (and a bit worried) for him. Normally, a guy who's career implodes like this can at least return to his starting point where he had initial success, but he burned that bridge many times over when he blew the whistle on SpyGate. Now, the only way Belicheat would rehire him is as a designated toilet-cleaner.

The 2005 Texan offense--no offense, AJ--thinks the Brownie offense is awful. Over their last 15 games (starting with our win over them last year), they've scored FOUR offensive touchdowns. Four. Over those same fifteen games, opposing defenses have notched seven fumble/int returns for touchdowns. So on any given play where the Browns have the ball, the opposing defense is almost twice as likely to get a TD as their offense. Wow.

Khari
11-17-2009, 09:48 AM
i was happy.......i needed 23 points from the Ravens D to win my FF matchup and I got 24.... :yes:

Marcus
11-17-2009, 12:36 PM
What happened to make them so bad? They have virtually no talent of offence, but their defense isn't that bad. What happened to all those draft picks?

And to think that Cleveland got a really sweeter deal than the Texans did when came in as an expansion team. But that was a while ago.

kastofsna
11-17-2009, 01:35 PM
the Browns have, through the first 9 games, the worst offense since the 30s. since before that whole passing-the-ball thing was really fleshed out. so we're talking the worst offense ever, probably.

HOU-TEX
11-17-2009, 02:51 PM
What happened to make them so bad? They have virtually no talent of offence, but their defense isn't that bad. What happened to all those draft picks?

And to think that Cleveland got a really sweeter deal than the Texans did when came in as an expansion team. But that was a while ago.

Hiring the head coach before bringing in a true GM surely didn't help this year's campaign. They need to wipe the slate clean and start with hiring a good GM to get the ball rolling.

TexanBacker93
11-17-2009, 11:41 PM
If you go back to the last 6 games of last season (starting with the game the Texans won up in Cleveland) the Browns have scored 109 points in their last 15 games. That is horrendous. I wonder what the record for scoring futility over a 16 game stretch is, but that has to be close. I am so glad I ended up in Houston rooting for the Texans instead of in Cleveland.

BigBull17
11-18-2009, 07:17 AM

They traded almost a whole draft for guys like Shaun Rodgers. That one offseason they only had like 2 later round picks. Epicly stupid decision.

texdawg
11-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Rumor has it that the owner, Lerner, is in talks with Mike Holmgren to come in as a Bill Parcells type leader to select a GM and evaluate Mangini, ect. This sounds like a step in the right direction. Lerner does not have a clue how to select football type people. I believe Mangini has been the only coach the Browns have had since their return who had prior pro head coaching experience. The Browns have always chosen assistants or college coaches and there has always been a big disconnect between the so-called GMs and the coaches. The only constant has been Lerner.

Thats only part of the problem, but seems to be a recurring theme.

gwallaia
11-18-2009, 03:53 PM
What if LeBron James suited up for the Browns?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8144c9cb&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Khari
11-18-2009, 03:55 PM
What if LeBron James suited up for the Browns?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8144c9cb&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

there would be chalk everywhere!

SteveSlaton20
11-18-2009, 10:45 PM
The Browns suck

water's wet.

beerlover
11-19-2009, 12:14 AM
The Texans sucked too at one time. why? because of poor management decisions. We should have empathy for Browns fans, having been there done that, it was the right decision when McNair brought in Reeves to evaluate the mess Casserly & Capers created. sounds like a similar path is forthcoming, Mike Holmgren is a smart football mind maybe he can provide similar value to the Browns :handshake:

kastofsna
11-19-2009, 01:09 AM
water's wet.

sources?

infantrycak
11-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Does this mean there is a three way race between Detroit, the Bucs and Raiders for who swallows?

kastofsna
11-19-2009, 01:16 AM
somehow you left the Rams off that list.

there are some really bad teams this year.

Thorn
11-19-2009, 06:23 AM
somehow you left the Rams off that list.

there are some really bad teams this year.

It does seem that there are a few more really BAD teams this year than normal. I don't know about the rest of yall, but it seems to me that there is another growing divide in the NFL around top elite teams and horrible ones. I sure am glad the Texans have finally moved out of the bottom feeders club into at least the average and climbing club. I credit Smith and Kubiac for that. :)

DexmanC
11-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Hopefully we can get Shaun Rodgers out of there before Holmgren
evaluates that team. I'd trade a second round pick for the guy.

Vinny
11-22-2009, 06:48 PM
brutal, brutal ending for the Browns today. Mangini proved to be the dumbest coach ever on the last play of the game. He had Culpepper in the game but took a time out and Detroit put in Matthew Stafford who threw the one yard TD pass to win the game. Stafford couldn't come back in unless Mangenius called a time out. What a maroon!

Showtime100
11-22-2009, 06:52 PM
brutal, brutal ending for the Browns today. Mangini proved to be the dumbest coach ever on the last play of the game. He had Culpepper in the game but took a time out and Detroit put in Matthew Stafford who threw the one yard TD pass to win the game. Stafford couldn't come back in unless Mangenius called a time out. What a maroon!

Funny, the second I started reading this post Costas said "following the brutal loss the Browns suffered.

Yeah, when I saw the highlights I was stunned. Incredibly bad pass interference followed by the Mangenius brainfart. Unbelievable.

gg no re
11-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Impromptu poll:

You need someone to add 2 and 2 for you. Who do you pick: Les Miles, Mangenius, or Yale's head coach (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/gameflash/2009/11/21/40367_recap.html).

Showtime100
11-22-2009, 07:00 PM
:spit:

Yale was ahead 10-7 Saturday with just 2:25 left when it failed to convert a fake punt on fourth-and-22 from its 26, and wound up losing 14-10.

I guess it's time for Yale to plant placards in their own crowd saying "we suck."

texdawg
11-22-2009, 07:21 PM
One thing is for sure. This is the absolute best team ever at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Disgusting.

Epic Fail

Again