PDA

View Full Version : Blue Crew Titans Tailgate-Battle Red!

Tedc
11-16-2009, 06:34 PM
It is that time again! Texans Monday Night Football, Titans Ass kicking, and the Fourth Annual Chili Cookoff!

Bring your chili from home...bring you chili fixins to make at the game but bring enough to share with others and the judges. The rules are very lax this year with the Monday night issues.

Someone tell Justin that it is time for him to give up his trophy and pass it on to the new winner.

We plan on having a pinata for the kids and a pinata for the adults for this tailgate. Also, Battle Red will be going on and we may have a surprise guest for your viewing pleasure.

So, other than chili, whatchabringin??!!

GlassHalfFull
11-16-2009, 07:08 PM
I was wondering when this thread was going to get started. I am bringing my parents, they are flying in from VA to come to the game and spend Thanksgiving with us.

I will probably bring a big batch of cornbread to go along with the chili. The winners of the Gary Lynn Foundation 1st annual chili cookoff need to recreate their masterpiece.

Yvette
11-16-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm bringing my husband and Mr. & Mrs. Livid, if you'll have us ;)

Tedc
11-17-2009, 05:09 AM

You guys are ALWAYS welcome! It will be good to see you all.

BigWig
11-17-2009, 07:40 AM

I haven't seen Chuck in several years, I did not know he was still around , ha ha.!

Texan_Bill
11-17-2009, 07:40 AM
I was wondering when this thread was going to get started. I am bringing my parents, they are flying in from VA to come to the game and spend Thanksgiving with us.

I will probably bring a big batch of cornbread to go along with the chili. The winners of the Gary Lynn Foundation 1st annual chili cookoff need to recreate their masterpiece.

Do I have to be on my best behavior??

BIG TORO
11-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Its ready, this Monday night tailgating will also be the unveiling of Tedc's new hard hat make over!:tedc:: and Im still figuring out what im bringing, will update

GlassHalfFull
11-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Do I have to be on my best behavior??

How is your black eye coming along?

LOL, I hope my parents understand. I will just get my dad drunk.

**makes note to bring bourbon to tailgate

Texan_Bill
11-17-2009, 08:29 AM
How is your black eye coming along?

LOL, I hope my parents understand. I will just get my dad drunk.

**makes note to bring bourbon to tailgate

I probably should've gotten stitches. The cut opened back up Sunday night. :brickwall: The shiner is going away though.

Dread-Head
11-17-2009, 09:38 AM
I'll be with you in spirit.

Hardcore Texan
11-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Me and Thumper (aka Mrs. HT) are going to try and swing by and say howdy to you all. Just depends on how much time we have. I have to meet my mom and drop off the kids with her after driving in from RR, we are going to meet somewhere around the stadium I hope and then park in yellow and saying hi to my good friends at TLT too before heading over.

DiapHer
11-17-2009, 07:32 PM
I hate to miss this one since everyone loved my Yankee chili the last time I was down for this contest!!! :pigfly:

Joe Texan
11-17-2009, 11:09 PM
I am not so sure there will be kids at this one but if yall yell loud enough I will bring them a piniatta

Texan_Bill
11-18-2009, 08:08 AM
I hate to miss this one since everyone loved my Yankee chili the last time I was down for this contest!!! :pigfly:

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k325/Texan_Bill/Texans/Marcieandme2.jpg

:)

Tedc
11-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Its ready, this Monday night tailgating will also be the unveiling of Tedc's new hard hat make over!:tedc:: and Im still figuring out what im bringing, will update

Sweet! I am looking forward to it.

BIG TORO
11-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Sweet! I am looking forward to it.

Me too I hope you like it I think it looks awesome

stevn8r
11-18-2009, 11:16 AM
CHILI COOK OFF!!!! IT'S ON!!!:chef:

SheTexan
11-18-2009, 01:36 PM
I am not so sure there will be kids at this one but if yall yell loud enough I will bring them a piniatta

Bethany will be there! Don't know about any other kids though, except ME!! lol

Aaron picked GIRLFRIEND over MNF with his MAWMAW!!:bat: He is grounded FOREVER! BUT, if I was seventeen and had a chance to spend a week on a college campus without Mom and Dad, partying nonstop, and spending time with my current "honey" I would probably do the same thing! HUMMMM! NOT!! NO way in hell would I give up a Texan football game! That boy has rocks in his brain!!:)

BTW: I have full intentions of taking back that trophy! SO, watch out guy/gals, Grandma's working on a new chili receipt!

Not online much due to pc problems, SOOOO, please call me if ya need me to do anything special for this tailgate.

Yankee_In_TX
11-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Hurm, 2 battle red home games? Who knew. Must dig up the red horns with pieces of graqss stuck in the paint.

Livid13
11-18-2009, 01:45 PM
I'll be there with either Screwy, or a buddy. It all depends if we can find a sitter.....

stevn8r
11-18-2009, 01:50 PM
what time do the lots open?!?

What time is the chili cook off judging?

Tedc
11-18-2009, 06:06 PM
I'll be there with either Screwy, or a buddy. It all depends if we can find a sitter.....

Make the buddy babysit and bring Screwy!! I miss you guys.

Texan_Bill
11-18-2009, 06:17 PM
what time do the lots open?!?

What time is the chili cook off judging?

Platinum lot opens 5 hours before kick-off so 2:30.

Ted,

Could you please state the rules and judging times? Thanks.

The reason I ask is that I seem to remember that we could prepare more at home than we could in the past. Is that correct??

DiapHer
11-18-2009, 06:26 PM

That was the game :spot: :clap::spot:

Tedc
11-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Platinum lot opens 5 hours before kick-off so 2:30.

Ted,

Could you please state the rules and judging times? Thanks.

The reason I ask is that I seem to remember that we could prepare more at home than we could in the past. Is that correct??

Yes, if I understand your vague, criptic question correctly. Because of the limited time (some people ACTUALLY have jobs and will be coming after work), you may make your chili at home and bring it. You may also cut the veggies at home and cook it all at the tailgate.

Judging should start at 6PM. All teams will be responsible for making sure their chili is ready and has been picked up. I don't want to hear any complaints from someone two aisles over who wasn't entered.

Texan_Bill
11-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Yes, if I understand your vague, criptic question correctly.

Sorry. I've spent too much time with Joe recently. I must be losing some brain cells or something.

Oh and thanks!!

Showtime100
11-18-2009, 06:31 PM

Anybody remember the french guy Henri from Cheers. Well Bill, I'm going to steal your girlfriend! :runaway:

Honoring Earl 34
11-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Possum Chili

1 large possum or 2 small (good and dead-really dead)

3 onions chopped

1 pound sausage

15 jalapenos

5 tomatoes

2 red peppers chopped

3 squirrels, cut into pieces

1 armadillo

1 cup tea

1/4 can Copenhagen

Chop up everything (be sure to skin the 'dillo) set it on the fire (or stove, if ya wanna be fancy) let it boil until the dogs howl. Eat with regard to the bones and serve with cheese (not green) and more onions. This is actually a recipe my cousins taught me how to cook. It is actually edible.

BigWig
11-19-2009, 07:58 AM
Anybody remember the french guy Henri from Cheers. Well Bill, I'm going to steal your girlfriend! :runaway:

Don't be fooled, thats not his girlfriend, no way no how!
Actually that's Diapher, she was only being nice to Bill that day!:barman:

Texan_Bill
11-19-2009, 08:14 AM

Don't be fooled, thats not his girlfriend, no way no how!
Actually that's Diapher, she was only being nice to Bill that day!:barman:

Yup!! BigWig is right. Marcie is waaaaaaaaaaay to good for me. She was just being nice.

:cry2:

Dread-Head
11-19-2009, 11:25 AM

My God...that woman is an argument for cloning. She needs to make a copy and send me one. :)

Dread-Head
11-19-2009, 11:27 AM
That was the game :spot: :clap::spot:

Great photo of you...what's that thing on your face...oh wait...it's Bill...

Dread-Head
11-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Yup!! BigWig is right. Marcie is waaaaaaaaaaay to good for me. She was just being nice.

:cry2:

She's too good for the bulk of us Bill...I've been told those gorgeous pics of her don't do her justice.

Livid13
11-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Make the buddy babysit and bring Screwy!! I miss you guys.

It's official, Screwy is a "scratch" . Our house is on the market and she's laser like focused on cleaning up loose ends. I'll show up with a friend. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you....

disaacks3
11-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Great photo of you...what's that thing on your face...oh wait...it's Bill...
*nice* :spit:

spurstexanstros
11-20-2009, 09:03 AM
I am going to be there as well. I am bringing my wife and son to their first Texans game. I wonder if my wife would make a Texans cake? that or a BA Pinata for us to bash....most likely a cake because I paper mache like a 5 year old...not very pretty.

GlassHalfFull
11-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Weather report still looking good:

Mon
Nov 23

Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy

10%

Maybe a little warm for chili, but no complaining from me.

SheTexan
11-21-2009, 05:36 PM
I hate the weather report. Wish it was 30 degrees!! Maybe we need to move the chili cook off to the Pats game!. J/K Probably be HOT on Jan 3rd also.

Andrew6
11-22-2009, 06:29 PM
I am kind of at a loss on what to bring for this game. I heard alot of folks are making up some chili. Any other ideas?

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2009, 06:31 PM
I am kind of at a loss on what to bring for this game. I heard alot of folks are making up some chili. Any other ideas?

Buy some tamales , then drink about 10 red bulls to get fired up .

spurstexanstros
11-22-2009, 06:43 PM
I have my wife and kid here and I was wondering if there was anything else I could bring.

Hardcore Texan
11-22-2009, 06:47 PM
I should be there with my wife.

Joe Texan
11-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Man Earl we know who farts in the pool

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Man Earl we know who farts in the pool

That's a Titan Jacuzzi you know .

BigBang
11-23-2009, 02:17 PM
It's been a minute since I've been here. I'm seriously lookin forward to seein y'all tonight. I have a friend (actually she's a little more than that) who's wanting to support me and the band and I was wondering if she could hang with y'all during the game just in case I can't talk my mom out of her ticket.

Andrew6
11-23-2009, 02:19 PM
just waiting on Amy to take a shower so we can leave.

DiapHer
11-23-2009, 07:25 PM
:shetexan: Regains the Chili Cook Off Championship!!! :clap::ymca:

HOU-TEX
11-24-2009, 09:44 AM
As pissed as I am over the game last night, it was awesome to finally meet some of y'all last night. TB, Honering Earl, Andrew6 and your wife, Yankee and Lindsay, Shetex, Glasshalffull, TC, Tedc, just to name a few. One of these days hopefully I can be a full-timer at the Blue Crew tailgate. Thanks

TB, what did I tell you about this ****in game last night? Dammit to heck, I was ripsnortin pissed last night.

Honoring Earl 34
11-24-2009, 10:05 AM
As pissed as I am over the game last night, it was awesome to finally meet some of y'all last night. TB, Honering Earl, Andrew6 and your wife, Yankee and Lindsay, Shetex, Glasshalffull, TC, Tedc, just to name a few. One of these days hopefully I can be a full-timer at the Blue Crew tailgate. Thanks

TB, what did I tell you about this ****in game last night? Dammit to heck, I was ripsnortin pissed last night.

Losing stinks but I try to seperate the tailgating from the game . That being said it was fun talking to you and your wife and even though the #$%$%(^$$^$$%$%$ Texans spit the bit once again ... I had a good time . :clown:

Yankee_In_TX
11-24-2009, 10:27 AM

I was very shocked that you didn't have a headset and look like Kubiak.

But very nice meeting you and your wife.

Texan_Bill
11-24-2009, 10:33 AM

Yeah cat, it was awesome finally meeting you and the hot "fiery red-head"!! Y'all are more than welcome to join us anytime!!!

I felt like I had the piss knocked out of me. That didn't go anything like I thought it would... BOOOOOooooooooO!!!

BTW, It was all Kris Brown's fault. :rolleyes:

HOU-TEX
11-24-2009, 10:33 AM
I was very shocked that you didn't have a headset and look like Kubiak.

But very nice meeting you and your wife.

:spit:

The wife said she enjoyed talking with Lindsay (sp?).

HOU-TEX
11-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Losing stinks but I try to seperate the tailgating from the game . That being said it was fun talking to you and your wife and even the the #$%$%(^$$^$$%$%$ Texans spit the bit once again ... I had a good time . :clown:

Yeah cat, it was awesome finally meeting you and the hot "fiery red-head"!! Y'all are more than welcome to join us anytime!!!

I felt like I had the piss knocked out of me. That didn't go anything like I thought it would... BOOOOOooooooooO!!!

BTW, It was all Kris Brown's fault. :rolleyes:

Now that I know where y'all are I will try to make it a point to come by when ever I make it to the game.

Yvette
11-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks for having us and putting up with me. My husband always says he can dress me up but can't take me out. You all have always had one hell of a tailgate and it keeps getting better. Before I forget, if anyone knows how to get a hold of Andy, send me a PM, please. Need to talk to him about some moonshine :D

Yankee_In_TX
11-24-2009, 11:01 AM
I have my wife and kid here and I was wondering if there was anything else I could bring.

Good seeing you again. Sorry if I blew you off, things get crazy later in the tailgate!

disaacks3
11-24-2009, 12:20 PM

It always helps to have the face to go with the name. (Occasionally) it helps with the online *ahem* disputes that arise on here from time to time. Even if the outcome of the game sucked, I hope you enjoyed the tailgate at least.

Tedc
11-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks for having us and putting up with me. My husband always says he can dress me up but can't take me out. You all have always had one hell of a tailgate and it keeps getting better. Before I forget, if anyone knows how to get a hold of Andy, send me a PM, please. Need to talk to him about some moonshine :D

Yvette, it is always good having you two at the tailgate!

Hardcore Texan
11-24-2009, 12:46 PM
I was planning on being there and sorry I did not make it. My wife started feeling bad right before we got to the stadium, so she laid down in the van most of the tailgate so I stayed in yellow with my good friends at TLT. She did feel better after she ate though so that was good.

Tedc
11-24-2009, 12:53 PM
We had a fantastic tailgate! If you missed it, shame on you!:mcnugget:

Hardcore Texan
11-24-2009, 01:17 PM
We had a fantastic tailgate! If you missed it, shame on you!:mcnugget:

My wife was feeling sick, it was really out of my control, but I really planned on being there, I even PM'd Katie and she brought me a 6 pack in her cooler so I wouldn't have to carry over anything. Sorry again GHF for no-showing on you. My plan was to hit both tailgates, by the time she felt better and ate a little something it was too close to gametime.

GlassHalfFull
11-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Sorry to be late, but thank you for everyone who assisted in my romantic dinner. LOL, that had to be the most romantic tailgate ever.

At least we always win the tailgate.

And Amy, thank you for the cake. It was fabulous. We took it up to College Station with us, the guys in Kyle's dorm greatly appreciated it.