PDA

View Full Version : How are we going to stop Chris Johnson?

TheRealJoker
11-15-2009, 03:45 PM
He's gained 100 yards rushing for his fourth consecutive game and went over 100 yards both rushing and receiving against the Bills. He shredded our defense last time out but our D looks much improved now. Its time we find out just how much improved.

If we shut down CJ, we shut down the Titans. They've won 3 in a row but they still have the same strengths and weaknesses as a team. With Vince in at QB they are playing more to their strengths which is the running game and getting CJ the ball more overall which imo is key to their 3 game winning streak. But they're still suspect in pass defense and I see no reason why Schaub wouldn't shred their secondary like he did last time.

If our run D shows up and puts on yet another stellar performance and our CBs and OLBs stay home in the flats to take out CJ on the screens then I think we'll have a momentum building victory on MNF!!!

Then hopefully we'll carry that momentum all the way to the playoffs!!!

We've got the bye week to fix our weaknesses as a team and heal up some nagging injuries for some of our players (Mario, Cushing). Plus we've had an extra week of prep to figure out how to slow down that little speedster in Tennessee!!!

TheRealJoker
11-15-2009, 03:45 PM
I forgot a question mark on my thread title :(

hot pickle
11-15-2009, 03:48 PM
we wont be able to stop chris johnson.. we just gotta hope that schaub and co. can match then score for score and then hope VY makes some mistakes in the game

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-15-2009, 03:53 PM
"The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you!"

http://www.beatrice.com/exorcist-photo.jpg

hradhak
11-15-2009, 03:54 PM
I don't think it'll be a matter of outscoring them. We have a good enough defense to shut them down. This one will be a field position battle. That means winning the turnover game and forcing them to work for their points. I don't think we'll have trouble moving the ball, we just can't give up easy points like we did in the last one.

Marcus
11-15-2009, 03:56 PM
WE stopped him the last time we played them, except for some long gashes. But we were getting gashed anyway the first 3 games, until Frank Bush modified the scheme, and now were shutting down the run well.

But yes, Chris Johnson is key. The VY nutsack lickers can hum all they want, but I want to see what he can do if the running game is shutdown.

TheRealJoker
11-15-2009, 03:59 PM
I have a feeling Pollard will notice if he is lined up at WR :)

King Cush should be able to provide more Cushing for the pushing if CJ decides to take a screen pass.

Wolf
11-15-2009, 04:00 PM
better tackling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZsMhi0B3As

not saying Pollard is the savior of this defense but he hasn't hurt us and helped the safety position
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/094V3gk4wL9wg/340x.jpg

Air Canada
11-15-2009, 04:02 PM
We can stop CJ and by stop I mean he won't have half the game he had the first time around. For those huge games he's had against bad teams mostly...he's had some mediocre games to go along with it. We all are aware of the difference in our defense compared to week 2 and CJ hasn't seen it for himself yet, but he should be prepared to be reaquainted.

:fans:

Ryan
11-15-2009, 04:54 PM
It will be hard to shut him down completely, but our defense is much improved and we can hold the huge plays at the least, which will mean good things for us.

gtexan02
11-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Whats the record for average yards per carry for a RB for a season? This kid is averaging close to 7 yards every time he touches the ball. Thats amazing, and better than most college athletes.

I can't believe everyone made fun of the Titans for drafting him in hte 1st. Can you imagine if a team had picked him up in the 2nd or 3rd

brakos82
11-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Can we just shoot him? :shoot:

GP
11-15-2009, 05:30 PM
I watched the whole Titans/Bills game.

Here's the three main ways they used Chris Johnson:

1. Screen passes. With VY back there, you have to choose whether you send the house to get to VY...or, do you maintain discipline and watch the edges for the screen pass to Chris Johnson? But even maintaining edge discipline is scary because VY could just run to the opposite side of the field and burn you.

That's why I hate this MNF game: VY sat and sat and sat, and the team wilted so badly under Kerry Collins that it gave VY the confidence boost to get out there and start playing the way he had been. Plus, they now have Chris Johnson who completely throws a monkey wrench into the game-planning against VY.

2. The freaking OPTION play. They line VY over center, mis-direction at the snap with VY reversing his direction and running an option with Chris Johnson waiting for the pitch. The Bills ran up and tackled VY but not before he pitches VERY wide to Chris Johnson who is already running at about 75% throttle at that point. Turns on the jets, and he's busting off a big play.

Good luck to our defense trying to figure this one out. Because VY could easily call (in the huddle) a fake option where the TE and WRs fake a run block...VY pulls up and stops running the option...and then takes two steps back and throws the ball since our LBs and DBs are moving up in anticipation of stopping the option run. Just like in college.

3. Chris Johnson lines up as the lone RB, deep behind VY. At the snap, Chris Johnson runs a huge "circle" pass route where he goes around the end of the tackle and then circles his way in-between the LBs and the DBs as the WRs and TEs then begin blocking the LBs and DBs.

They are calling some pretty nice plays for VY and CJ, which exploit the over-pursuit of the defense while minimizing the need for VY to recognize coverages.

When VY threw the ball vs. Bills, he did well IF it was a very short throw to a very open WR--Something like a check-down that Carr was in the habit of doing. VY missed a very easy TD throw to Crumpler. He also overthrew his WR and got it picked by Baird who read VY the whole way, with VY failing to remember that you can't lock your eyes onto one guy from start-to-finish.

So what we have, IMO, is an offense built around putting the ball into Chris Johnson's hands any way they can. And using VY not in the traditional role of a pure pocket passer, but rather in the role of the college QB who dares teams to come up and get him while then dumping off to screens or option runs to exploit the over-pursuit.

I hope Cushing is on his game. We need him to shadow VY and basically make VY always be thinking "Where is Cushing?" at all times during each play.

This game, IMO, just got a whole lot more interesting than it looked during week 4.

gg no re
11-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Hire male cheerleaders

Hervoyel
11-15-2009, 05:43 PM
I forgot a question mark on my thread title :(

No problem.

brakos82
11-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Hire male cheerleaders

But they already did... I heard they gave him a 10... :thisbig:

thunderkyss
11-15-2009, 06:00 PM
That's why I hate this MNF game: VY sat and sat and sat, and the team wilted so badly under Kerry Collins that it gave VY the confidence boost to get out there and start playing the way he had been. Plus, they now have Chris Johnson who completely throws a monkey wrench into the game-planning against VY.

Trying to decide when a QB is ready to start, is not a decision I would want to make. How long do you think the Patriots would have stuck with the Pro-Bowler who got them to the SuperBowl (did they win??) had Brees & their other back up (Rob Johnson??) didn't get hurt?

Brady would have been a "career" back-up who may not even be in the league now.

While I think it made sense to start Vince when they did orginally.... Collins wasn't getting the job done.... I don't think he was ready for all that hype, and the pressure of trying to live up to "the game" performance at the pro-level.

Sitting a year watching Collins play well probably helped him more than anything.

He still sucks right now.... but after Collins took the team to a 13-3 record by playing smart, and not making ungawdly high-light reel plays.... he won't feel that pressure, and just play the game.

A game where only the W matters...... don't worry about what the commentators, the hangers-ons, & the jerks on Texanstalk.com say.

He's got plenty of time to become VY...

thunderkyss
11-15-2009, 06:02 PM
I can't believe everyone made fun of the Titans for drafting him in hte 1st. Can you imagine if a team had picked him up in the 2nd or 3rd

My memory isn't worth crap... but I thought the humor was about picking up CJ even though they just grabbed Lendale White the year before. I think it was more about White, than Johnson.

GP
11-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Hire male cheerleaders

LOL!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:h0nSYN_0smQ5uM:http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/the_longest_yard/tracy_morgan/yard1.jpg

TheRealJoker
11-15-2009, 06:19 PM
My memory isn't worth crap... but I thought the humor was about picking up CJ even though they just grabbed Lendale White the year before. I think it was more about White, than Johnson.

They got Lendale, Chris Henry, and CJ in 3 consecutive years. They used 2nd round picks on the first 2 and then a 1st on CJ. I think people were making fun of how much they were investing in the RB position. The only bust of the group was Henry though so its hard to argue IF you have the OL already figured out to get plenty of capable RBs.

The lack of a running game is going to make it hard for us to finish close games this year. Hopefully next year we invest heavily in a true feature back and some interior OL help. I hope Caldwell develops and one of the other guards sticks around, but I would really like to find someone better than Chris Meyers at center. When we take care of that we'll be able to get a yard when we need to and win the close games and/or run out the clock to prevent another Colts comeback victory :)

PS: Did anyone else move interior OL/RB to the top of their Texans needs board after we went 3 and out after Pollard's 2nd INT in the 4th quarter with a 4 point lead. We then gave the ball right back to Peyton and the Colts got the game deciding td. Imagine if we had the ability to run out the clock...

If you didn't. I expect its because you already had it up there after the Jags/Cards 1 yard and a cloud of fail fiascos.

beerlover
11-15-2009, 06:35 PM
easier said than done but this time DeMeco must account for VY @ all times so the rest of the defense can come together & stop CJ :aggressive:

ArlingtonTexan
11-15-2009, 06:44 PM
these are some "ideas"

:cowboy1::pirate::rake::goodluck::shoot::club:

gary
11-15-2009, 06:44 PM
You do not stop CJ you only stop the huge plays or try to. CJ is going to do his thing just don't give up many big gains and you will be just fine. CJ isn't going to win the game the Titans are as a team and what that means is you shutdown every player besides CJ and you should win the game. The key word being should all the have to do is use the tools they are known for having such as the pass and an improved D. I look for our run game get going early on in the game hopefully but as far as the D is concerned everyone juist stay alert out there and no missing silly tackles. I look for the team to come out fired up next Monday night after coming close to win in Indy for the first time ever in franchise history. This is their chance to go out on MNF in front of the entire nation what we have been seeing all season long that slowly but surely we are becoming for real and a true force in the AFC South once and for all. We aren't quite the laughing stock of the NFL that we once were anymore bottom line. GO TEXANS BEAT THOSE MEATBALLS ON PRIMETIME TV

gtexan02
11-15-2009, 07:06 PM
VY and CJ are no different (and may be worse) than Vick + Warrick Dunn were back in the day. Poor Crumpler, ironically, going from one situation to the exact same one later on.

Vick is and was faster than VY and Dunn was just a tad slower than CJ.

I don't think it will be difficult to gameplan for them. I hope they try the option. Our LBers are very fast. The Bills run defense is terrible, Moats had close to the same yardage that CJ did

ATXtexanfan
11-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Chris johnson reminds me of deion. He's not great. Just has GOD GIVEN speed. VY is an afterthought. CJ is the key to the win streak. We have done well against the run but now is the time to step up against the best rb in the league.

HTown2ATX
11-15-2009, 07:29 PM
You know what. Living here in Austin, at this point, I'm focused on shutting down Rudy.

I am so freaking tired of the leg humping, jock swinging, mouth breathing yocals who keep calling for the Hootinanies to be on TV over the Texans.

Seeing the score today and the fact that now sausage boy has been ON the team (I refuse to say LEAD the team) to 3 straight wins only fuels my never ending hatred for the Hoot's.

I am not calling for some illegal hit or career ending injury. But, if MW plants him so friggin hard that he has to leave the game, I am satisfied regardless of what C. Johnson does.

I'd even take a loss as long as that **** sausage boy Rudy looks like ****.:voodoo:

Sorry.

I know what I have said may make no sense in regards to making the playoffs. I have stated before, I can debate and be level headed about any opponent, accept the Hoot's from Bumblescum Mountain. I'm blinded by hatred for them and only hope the worst for that franchise now and forever!

If the Hoot's beat us on MNF, I literally may need to seek professional help.

If the sausage king looks like a friggin hall of famer AND the Hoot's win, hell, I may just need to stop watching football. (JK) My blood pressure is already too high for my age.

:texflag::d:

Honoring Earl 34
11-15-2009, 07:34 PM
I think the best thing to do is make sure you pop him . Get three good hits on him every time he touches the ball and take the starch out of him .

As far as Vince goes , get a big lead . VY has put life in the Titans but the last two games their defense sealed the deal with a TD .

axman40
11-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Take a page from the movie Airplane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_GJkKMPHxw&feature=related
:specnatz:

Big Lou
11-15-2009, 10:36 PM
He's gained 100 yards rushing for his fourth consecutive game and went over 100 yards both rushing and receiving against the Bills. He shredded our defense last time out but our D looks much improved now. Its time we find out just how much improved.

If we shut down CJ, we shut down the Titans. They've won 3 in a row but they still have the same strengths and weaknesses as a team. With Vince in at QB they are playing more to their strengths which is the running game and getting CJ the ball more overall which imo is key to their 3 game winning streak. But they're still suspect in pass defense and I see no reason why Schaub wouldn't shred their secondary like he did last time.

If our run D shows up and puts on yet another stellar performance and our CBs and OLBs stay home in the flats to take out CJ on the screens then I think we'll have a momentum building victory on MNF!!!

Then hopefully we'll carry that momentum all the way to the playoffs!!!

We've got the bye week to fix our weaknesses as a team and heal up some nagging injuries for some of our players (Mario, Cushing). Plus we've had an extra week of prep to figure out how to slow down that little speedster in Tennessee!!!

Give him a serious case of Cushlash. He needs to hit him so hard it knocks the gold off his teeth!!!

Gymrat2005
11-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Its Simple, Contain. Force him Inside where all your help is

Norg
11-15-2009, 11:05 PM
THere is this guy called

Chris Johnson i hope we have a plan to stop him ........ :P

GP
11-15-2009, 11:35 PM
They got Lendale, Chris Henry, and CJ in 3 consecutive years. They used 2nd round picks on the first 2 and then a 1st on CJ. I think people were making fun of how much they were investing in the RB position. The only bust of the group was Henry though so its hard to argue IF you have the OL already figured out to get plenty of capable RBs.

The lack of a running game is going to make it hard for us to finish close games this year. Hopefully next year we invest heavily in a true feature back and some interior OL help. I hope Caldwell develops and one of the other guards sticks around, but I would really like to find someone better than Chris Meyers at center. When we take care of that we'll be able to get a yard when we need to and win the close games and/or run out the clock to prevent another Colts comeback victory :)

PS: Did anyone else move interior OL/RB to the top of their Texans needs board after we went 3 and out after Pollard's 2nd INT in the 4th quarter with a 4 point lead. We then gave the ball right back to Peyton and the Colts got the game deciding td. Imagine if we had the ability to run out the clock...

If you didn't. I expect its because you already had it up there after the Jags/Cards 1 yard and a cloud of fail fiascos.

I watched Chris Johnson in his last college bowl game, and I thought "This is the first time I have seen this guy...but he looks pretty freaking good."

PHAROAH
11-16-2009, 06:34 AM
Hit everybody and let the paramedics sort them out.

TimeKiller
11-16-2009, 09:23 AM
My gameplan would be having Pollard and Cushing on short zones on either side of the field with Demeco playing a lot of middle zones. Rushing VY has got to happen. Mario has got to turn it on because I don't think he has this year. 1 deep, E-willie should be enough over the top help against a weak passing game. Gang tackle, don't let the fleet of foot have 1 inch that he doesn't deserve.

badboy
11-16-2009, 09:28 AM
We need quick scoring from offense to put us ahead and solid tackling from defense. I think linebackers will be the key to stopping Johnson. The DTs will slow him and it is up to Ryans to pop him. His avg should be cut below half; we just do not want to be focused on him and allow someone else to get long score on us.

Bulluck53
11-16-2009, 09:35 AM
The line has been doing a great job as of late. The interior line has had a tough time in the past getting to the second level against faster LBs (which is why guys like Gary Bracket usually make it difficult for CJ) but they did really well against Patrick Willis as the game wore on in San Fran, so it will be interesting to see what kind of impact Ryans has on the run game.

Does Cushing usually line up on the right or left or is it depending on the offensive formation?

gtexan02
11-16-2009, 09:40 AM
he usually lines up across from the TE

Second Honeymoon
11-16-2009, 09:47 AM
WE stopped him the last time we played them, except for some long gashes. But we were getting gashed anyway the first 3 games, until Frank Bush modified the scheme, and now were shutting down the run well.

But yes, Chris Johnson is key. The VY nutsack lickers can hum all they want, but I want to see what he can do if the running game is shutdown.

That is like saying that Japan won WW2 except for that whole atomic bomb thing.

I guess the Carr nutsack lickers can hum all they want about the VY nutsack lickers but at the end of the day one guy is a winner and one guy (your guy) is a total loser. you have no credibility marcus so why don't you go lick Carr's sack again. It won't be the first time.

TITAN1
11-16-2009, 09:48 AM
I watched the whole Titans/Bills game.

Here's the three main ways they used Chris Johnson:

1. Screen passes. With VY back there, you have to choose whether you send the house to get to VY...or, do you maintain discipline and watch the edges for the screen pass to Chris Johnson? But even maintaining edge discipline is scary because VY could just run to the opposite side of the field and burn you.

2. The freaking OPTION play. They line VY over center, mis-direction at the snap with VY reversing his direction and running an option with Chris Johnson waiting for the pitch. The Bills ran up and tackled VY but not before he pitches VERY wide to Chris Johnson who is already running at about 75% throttle at that point. Turns on the jets, and he's busting off a big play.

Good luck to our defense trying to figure this one out. Because VY could easily call (in the huddle) a fake option where the TE and WRs fake a run block...VY pulls up and stops running the option...and then takes two steps back and throws the ball since our LBs and DBs are moving up in anticipation of stopping the option run. Just like in college.

3. Chris Johnson lines up as the lone RB, deep behind VY. At the snap, Chris Johnson runs a huge "circle" pass route where he goes around the end of the tackle and then circles his way in-between the LBs and the DBs as the WRs and TEs then begin blocking the LBs and DBs.

They are calling some pretty nice plays for VY and CJ, which exploit the over-pursuit of the defense while minimizing the need for VY to recognize coverages.

When VY threw the ball vs. Bills, he did well IF it was a very short throw to a very open WR--Something like a check-down that Carr was in the habit of doing. VY missed a very easy TD throw to Crumpler. He also overthrew his WR and got it picked by Baird who read VY the whole way, with VY failing to remember that you can't lock your eyes onto one guy from start-to-finish.

So what we have, IMO, is an offense built around putting the ball into Chris Johnson's hands any way they can. And using VY not in the traditional role of a pure pocket passer, but rather in the role of the college QB who dares teams to come up and get him while then dumping off to screens or option runs to exploit the over-pursuit.

I hope Cushing is on his game. We need him to shadow VY and basically make VY always be thinking "Where is Cushing?" at all times during each play.

This game, IMO, just got a whole lot more interesting than it looked during week 4.This says it all!
Here's to a great game!:)

Bulluck53
11-16-2009, 09:50 AM
he usually lines up across from the TE

So strongside or Sam. Bulluck and Thornton stay put...

I'm interested to see how Cushing does against Stewart with the line playing well. That'll be a good match-up for a long time.

GP
11-16-2009, 09:51 AM

I guess the Carr nutsack lickers can hum all they want about the VY nutsack lickers but at the end of the day one guy is a winner and one guy (your guy) is a total loser. you have no credibility marcus so why don't you go lick Carr's sack again. It won't be the first time.

Wow, that's a bit harsh.

Geez, SH...next time, be a little more blunt and to-the-point.

Tailgate
11-16-2009, 09:53 AM
While thier offense will be different from the last time we met, so will our D. It has to be the best, if not one of the best in stopping the run since week 3.

infantrycak
11-16-2009, 09:56 AM

And if going to UT is more important than rooting for your home team since they aren't "your guy" then maybe you need to leave or comeback as Third Titantroll.

All this talk about sack and licking, can we send you a Fat Head of VY bare chested so you can pleasure yourself? - wait, silly question, you already do.

I get having to put up with this crap from Titans' fans, but a purported Texans fan...

False Start
11-16-2009, 09:59 AM

:backsout:

Blake
11-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9jgP1brUn8&NR=1

kastofsna
11-16-2009, 10:01 AM

wow. tragedies where thousands of lives were ended and nutsack licking. this post has it all.

Hervoyel
11-16-2009, 10:01 AM
better tackling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZsMhi0B3As

not saying Pollard is the savior of this defense but he hasn't hurt us and helped the safety position
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/094V3gk4wL9wg/340x.jpg

This. Do what we've been doing and the defense will be fine. The offense however must keep up its end of the bargain. If we are ever going to start playing full 60 minute football games this year then this coming Monday night would be an excellent time to start doing it.

Destroy the Titans on MNF, then beat the Colts at home the following Sunday with the same intensity and literally before our eyes this season is IMO saved.

The rest of the way out you have

Jaguars who we owe a butt kicking to.
Seahawks who are 3-6
Rams who are 1-8
Dolphins who we have to beat to help our Wild Card chances
Patriots who might not even be playing starters at this point.

Seriously, the Jaguars will be at home so they have the benefit of 20,000 screaming tarps but we'll be playing them with an actual defense for a change so I think we have a decent chance of winning that game (assuming we can take both the Titans on MNF and the Colts the next week) to go 3-0 following the bye.

That leaves two losers and then a Dolphins team that will either be fading or surging late (who knows, could go either way) and a Patriots team that's traditionally locked their spot up by then. If the Dolphins are fading and the Patriots don't play to win we have an excellent chance of running the table by default but in that case we're looking at the most important two games (maybe three if you count Jacksonville) of the season. It's going to mostly all be won/lost right here.

Second Honeymoon
11-16-2009, 10:03 AM
And if going to UT is more important than rooting for your home team since they aren't "your guy" then maybe you need to leave or comeback as Third Titantroll.

All this talk about sack and licking, can we send you a Fat Head of VY bare chested so you can pleasure yourself? - wait, silly question, you already do.

I get having to put up with this crap from Titans' fans, but a purported Texans fan...

purported fan? give me a break.

that being said, when know nothings like Marcus talk about people licking VY's sack, then I gotta point out that he was first in line to help Carr reach a happy ending back in the day. let the record show that he was the first to talk about licking nutsacks.

HTown2ATX
11-16-2009, 10:08 AM
wow. tragedies where thousands of lives were ended and nutsack licking. this post has it all.

LMAO

:spit:

Second Honeymoon
11-16-2009, 10:09 AM

touche, man.

Brazos-V
11-16-2009, 10:16 AM
You can't stop CJ. You can only hope to contain him.

Your biggest hope is that VY sucks it up so bad he's a non-factor. That way your "D" can solely focus on CJ. But let's be real here......

Houston game on Monday night = VY comes to play :shades:

Here's to a good game.

HTown2ATX
11-16-2009, 10:18 AM
These last few posts have been like an un aired episode of South Park combined with craigslist rant and rave section. COMEDY GOLD!!

LMAO

:lol:

Battle Red Flash
11-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Can't stop CJ. Just have to outscore them.
Look for score around 31-21 with Texans winning.

TBC_Titan
11-16-2009, 03:35 PM
VY and CJ are no different (and may be worse) than Vick + Warrick Dunn were back in the day.
Vick is and was faster than VY and Dunn was just a tad slower than CJ.
Have you been eating 'shrooms? Vick and Dunn don't hold a candle to VY and CJ. A TAD slower....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hold on, let me catch my breath here for a min..

I don't think it will be difficult to gameplan for them.
Chris Johnson had 284 all-purpose yards against your defense the first game with Immobile Statue Kerry Collins at the helm. You actually think he's going to do worse with one of the most mobile QBs in the league in the backfield with him? :lol:

Word of advice to your defense, if you see CJ split out wide, be sure to cover him this time!

I hope they try the option. Our LBers are very fast.
We will. Your LBers better be fast. However, quickness isn't going to help if Vince pitches it to CJ if they commit to him or if he keeps it himself when you commit to CJ.

The Bills run defense is terrible, Moats had close to the same yardage that CJ did
CJ had 135 yards against the Bills 'terrible' run defense yet had 187 yards against your defense. So does that make your run defense not even as good as Buffalo's?

But that's ok. You just keep underestimating CJ (and especially CJ with Vince in the backfield with him). We don't mind.

Gary/GP, it seems that you two aren't taking those two lightly. Good plan!
We will not be taking Moats, Slaton and A. Johnson lightly either.
This will not be the same team you guys played earlier this year. Hopefully this will be a good game.

Chance_C
11-16-2009, 04:42 PM
This will not be the same team you guys played earlier this year. Hopefully this will be a good game.

Let me preface this by saying that this game concerns me very much, but you do realize that the Texans' defense is not even close to the defense you faced in week 2 don't you? I don't really think you do judging by your comments. CJ is a hell of a RB no doubt about that, but our defense has improved immensely since then. We will be up to the challenge. I'll see your CJ and raise you an AJ.

Vinny
11-16-2009, 04:44 PM
how would Tanya Harding stop CJ?

Marcus
11-16-2009, 05:23 PM

LOL . . Awwwwwwww . . . what's the matter, SH? Got a guilty conscience, do ya? I never mentioned any names, but you sure act like your little button got pushed. F'kn crybaby. :cry2:

TBC_Titan
11-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Let me preface this by saying that this game concerns me very much, but you do realize that the Texans' defense is not even close to the defense you faced in week 2 don't you? I don't really think you do judging by your comments. CJ is a hell of a RB no doubt about that, but our defense has improved immensely since then. We will be up to the challenge. I'll see your CJ and raise you an AJ.

Haha...don't think for one second that I'm sleeping on your team.
Plus I'm happy for the fact that your defense is better. 1. That should make it a better game and 2. should be a great continuation of VY's evaluation.
Our defense is better too. Rod Hood has been playing lights out, as has Fuller since he got back.
Slaton and Moats shouldn't be huge problems if we can learn how to freakin tackle.
AJ is definitely going to be a problem, but hopefully since they've started putting Finnegan all over the field now, it should be less of an issue.
This is the roster that both teams should have had the first time we played.
I can't wait. Let's get this MF started! Here's to a good game!

Does anyone else here think that the officiating in our first meetup this year was some of the worst you've seen....for BOTH teams?

P.S. I wasn't joking when I said you better put a man on CJ if he positions himself out in the slot directly from the huddle. HAHA!

Second Honeymoon
11-16-2009, 06:12 PM
LOL . . Awwwwwwww . . . what's the matter, SH? Got a guilty conscience, do ya? I never mentioned any names, but you sure act like your little button got pushed. F'kn crybaby. :cry2:

i will not get into namecalling with someone so insignificant.

TBC_Titan
11-16-2009, 06:34 PM

This is what happened the last time Vince played at Reliant. Just sayin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9tN_iFs41o&feature=player_embedded

False Start
11-16-2009, 06:35 PM
how would Tanya Harding stop CJ?

http://ozort.org/images/kryptonite-crowbar.jpg

Marcus
11-16-2009, 06:36 PM
i will not get into namecalling with someone so insignificant.

False Start
11-16-2009, 06:42 PM

This is what happened the last time AJ played owned Cortland Finnegan. Just sayin. :shades:

Wow! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fS_Gxgz6EQ)

TexCanada
11-16-2009, 06:48 PM
The Titans are literally running into what has become the strength of this team, our run D. I mean, of course CJ is going to get some yards, he is a fantastic player. The important thing is that we don't give up the 30+ yard plays this time. Hoperfully our Offense will go out there and score some points early and force them into passing more then they would like.

TBC_Titan
11-16-2009, 06:55 PM
This is what happened the last time AJ played owned Cortland Finnegan. Just sayin. :shades:

Wow! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fS_Gxgz6EQ)
Little less embarrassing for a vet 6-3 225 lb, all-pro WR to burn a vet 5'10" 190 CB than it is for a rookie QB to outrun an entire defense for a 39 yard WALK-IN TD run....to win the game.

TBC_Titan
11-16-2009, 07:02 PM
The Titans are literally running into what has become the strength of this team, our run D. I mean, of course CJ is going to get some yards, he is a fantastic player. The important thing is that we don't give up the 30+ yard plays this time. Hoperfully our Offense will go out there and score some points early and force them into passing more then they would like.
Just don't let him get 280 yards on you like he did last time. Haha.
But seriously, I really like this matchup. This is the matchup that should happen.
This is the best Texan team ever. This is a classic case of (barring any injuries of key players) 'the best team will win'. Though we do have the 'payback' mentality to consider as well. That will serve as at least a little motivation. I'm also sure that if Vince thinks, if he won there once, he can do it again.
I had a bad feeling we were gunna lose the first game because honestly, you guys were the better team. Now we're more evenly matched. I don't see this as being a blowout. I predict there will be less than a 10 point difference between the two final scores.

Wolf
11-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Little less embarrassing for a vet 6-3 225 lb, all-pro WR to burn a vet 5'10" 190 CB than it is for a rookie QB to outrun an entire defense for a 39 yard WALK-IN TD run....to win the game.

thank goodness we have changed a lot of players from 2 years ago

False Start
11-16-2009, 07:10 PM

I was just joking man, hence the, (:shades:)

Honoring Earl 34
11-16-2009, 07:10 PM

Wow ... he really used to play . :dancer:

TBC_Titan
11-16-2009, 07:37 PM
I was just joking man, hence the, (:shades:)
Don't worry. It's all in fun here too!
Besides, like Wolf said...totally different teams back then.
I think we're pretty evenly matched up now.

Wow ... he really used to play
You should watch some footage of the last three games. SO FAR....everything that everyone said he needed to fix (and thought he couldn't), he has.
He's going through his reads, he's showing poise, and by '4 Mississippi', he's made his choice to chuck it, or tuck and run.

thunderkyss
11-16-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm also sure that if Vince thinks, if he won there once, he can do it again.

Hopefully all the sausage parties around Houston will distract young Vince..

HTown2ATX
11-16-2009, 08:37 PM
I've read alot of hype by only one fan about a 3-6 team..........:lion:

JAX, SF and BUF are the 3 wins to be bowed up about?:bubbles:

Rudy hasn't been booed off the field yet? :clap:

I'm not overlooking the Hootinanies at all. Definitely have bad memories of past games no doubt and I'll give you that. But, I don't know that I'd be that bowed up about this group of Hootinanies this year....unless you are just trying to rile us up because you hate the Texans....which I can respect.

Wolf
11-16-2009, 08:50 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_46r1n1AcXio/SMXw6ZTJoxI/AAAAAAAABYY/3zz1ICUG9Ko/s400/Supermanincleatshuh.jpg

imatexan
11-16-2009, 08:51 PM

Maybe show something within the past couple years, it would make your case a lot better.

O wait you can't because Vince has been riding the bench.

TBC_Titan
11-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Maybe show something within the past couple years, it would make your case a lot better.

O wait you can't because Vince has been riding the bench.
True, but he's not anymore, so........doesn't that make your statement a bit moot?
Plus he's got an 86 rating over the past three games and the best RB in the league in the backfield with him. So yeah, I kinda like the case he has been making so far.

NitroGSXR
11-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Our Johnson's bigger than their Johnson. :fans:

TBC_Titan
11-16-2009, 09:13 PM
I've read alot of hype by only one fan about a 3-6 team..........:lion:

JAX, SF and BUF are the 3 wins to be bowed up about?:bubbles:

Rudy hasn't been booed off the field yet? :clap:

I'm not overlooking the Hootinanies at all. Definitely have bad memories of past games no doubt and I'll give you that. But, I don't know that I'd be that bowed up about this group of Hootinanies this year....unless you are just trying to rile us up because you hate the Texans....which I can respect.

Oh no. I didn't come on here to rile anyone up. I hate that when other teams' fans do that on my home site so I won't do that to others. I just wanted to set the record straight about CJ and his even more effectiveness as of late, with teams now having to account for VY's running ability, which you really can't deny.
This is by no means a game, and now a team that I take lightly. It looks like you guys have your **** together. Hopefully so have we.

TBC_Titan
11-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Our Johnson's bigger than their Johnson. :fans:
:clap: :lol:

It's not the size of your Johnson, it's how you use him. ZING!

Sal Rosenberg
11-16-2009, 09:18 PM
can we have Paul Wall send him some choice gold teeth and ....err fughet boout it!

FirstTexansFan
11-16-2009, 09:21 PM
:clap: :lol:

It's not the size of your Johnson, it's how you use him. ZING!

That's what ALL the "Little" Johnsons say :)

False Start
11-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Don't worry. It's all in fun here too!
Besides, like Wolf said...totally different teams back then.
I think we're pretty evenly matched up now.

Cool, it should be a good game. :fans: :texflag:

Hervoyel
11-16-2009, 09:43 PM
How are we gonna stop Chris Johnson? Oh no! how are we gonna stop Chris Johnson?

Look, I don't want to underrate the serious threat that is Chris Johnson but last time, in Tennessee we didn't stop Chris Johnson and we still won. Can anybody argue with that? We won. Chris Johnson went frigging ape-**** on us and we still won.

Last time, in Tennessee we played that game with no appreciable defense to speak of. Can anybody really debate that? Our defense in the first four weeks or so of this season was pathetic. It bordered on non-existent and we couldn't get off the field to save our lives. We still beat the Titans though.

Tennessee is 3-0 since Vince rose from the dead and turned water into wine three weeks ago (which I'm sure is keeping Kerry Collins busy) but he did it against Jacksonville (nice), San Francisco (yawn, did that), and Buffalo (worst run defense in the universe). The Titans weren't 0-6 bad and they haven't become 3-0 great either. They're a good match for the Texans I think and we clearly have the edge. Home field, Rabid Battle Red MNF crowd, Defense that's pretty much stopped the run dead for the last 4-5 weeks.

I'll never say that an upset isn't possible but the Texans should be ashamed of themselves if they let Vince Young come in here and dance around screaming "My House" all around the stadium. We need to do everything in our power to stop Chris Johnson and then make Vince Young beat us with his legs or with his arm. I don't think he can do it with either one.

Showtime100
11-16-2009, 09:50 PM
How are we gonna stop Chris Johnson? Oh no! how are we gonna stop Chris Johnson?

Look, I don't want to underrate the serious threat that is Chris Johnson but last time, in Tennessee we didn't stop Chris Johnson and we still won. Can anybody argue with that? We won. Chris Johnson went frigging ape-**** on us and we still won.

Last time, in Tennessee we played that game with no appreciable defense to speak of. Can anybody really debate that? Our defense in the first four weeks or so of this season was pathetic. It bordered on non-existent and we couldn't get off the field to save our lives. We still beat the Titans though.

Tennessee is 3-0 since Vince rose from the dead and turned water into wine three weeks ago (which I'm sure is keeping Kerry Collins busy) but he did it against Jacksonville (nice), San Francisco (yawn, did that), and Buffalo (worst run defense in the universe). The Titans weren't 0-6 bad and they haven't become 3-0 great either. They're a good match for the Texans I think and we clearly have the edge. Home field, Rabid Battle Red MNF crowd, Defense that's pretty much stopped the run dead for the last 4-5 weeks.

I'll never say that an upset isn't possible but the Texans should be ashamed of themselves if they let Vince Young come in here and dance around screaming "My House" all around the stadium. We need to do everything in our power to stop Chris Johnson and then make Vince Young beat us with his legs or with his arm. I don't think he can do it with either one.

I've been looking for that sentence all week, well said. I agree with the rest as well, but that sentence was like finding my keys when I'm late for work...lol.

Kaiser Toro
11-16-2009, 09:50 PM

Do you know what color rug Bud will be wearing - Possum Prairie or Columbia Coon?

Marcus
11-16-2009, 10:25 PM

Good post to be bolding stuff, Herv.

Kudos!

Vinny
11-17-2009, 12:14 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_46r1n1AcXio/SMXw6ZTJoxI/AAAAAAAABYY/3zz1ICUG9Ko/s400/Supermanincleatshuh.jpg
you actually took Mario Williams head and put him on a less imposing body. George is getting very angry!

HTown2ATX
11-17-2009, 05:49 AM
Do you know what color rug Bud will be wearing - Possum Prairie or Columbia Coon?

LMFAO

YES!!!

:clap:

ObsiWan
11-17-2009, 06:55 AM
thank goodness we have changed a lot of players from 2 years ago

not to mention the defensive coordinator responsible for that defensive call. Why blitz against a QB with no passing skills. I said then that was dumb.

How do we win?
Get the lead, preferably by double digits...

Keep young in the pocket and make him have to throw. Pick him off when he does.

Keep a spy on CJ. I'd pick Pollard because one of those times CJ catches the ball Pollard will end his season.

THAT'S how we'll beat the Titans.

BigBull17
11-17-2009, 07:10 AM
we wont be able to stop chris johnson.. we just gotta hope that schaub and co. can match then score for score and then hope VY makes some mistakes in the game

You know, in the first game, he really truly did next to nothing except for three blown assignments. We are alot better since then, and their QB doesn't inspire fear either. I don't feel to bad about this match up.

TBC_Titan
11-17-2009, 08:57 AM

Hey, you guys only won by a FG. You do realize that, don't you?

We didn't have much of a coherent defense either. Griffin has had some major family issues this year but he still needs to get his crap together.
Plus like I said, Kearse was benched for William Hayes, who has been playing lights out. And our new CB, Rod Hood, has been playing lights out as well. It's also apparent that Cecil has dialed up the plays on defense as well.
And other than the aforementioned Chris Johnson, we really had no offense either

Tennessee is 3-0 since Vince rose from the dead and turned water into wine three weeks ago (which I'm sure is keeping Kerry Collins busy)
OMG that's some funny **** right there. I don't care what team you are a fan of.

but he did it against Jacksonville (nice), San Francisco (yawn, did that), and Buffalo (worst run defense in the universe). The Titans weren't 0-6 bad and they haven't become 3-0 great either. They're a good match for the Texans I think and we clearly have the edge. Home field, Rabid Battle Red MNF crowd, Defense that's pretty much stopped the run dead for the last 4-5 weeks.
Excuse me? SF has the #3 rush defense in the league. CJ ran for 135 yards against them. Last time I checked, a 100+ yard rusher is a good game. Did that change in the last few weeks or something?
Buffalo has the #9 pass defense in the league. Vince threw for 210 yards against them. Not stellar, but not much more is required when your feature RB also runs for 132 yards against them. You Texan fans might be downplaying that but I guarantee the Texans' coaching staff and players aren't.

I'll never say that an upset isn't possible but the Texans should be ashamed of themselves if they let Vince Young come in here and dance around screaming "My House" all around the stadium. We need to do everything in our power to stop Chris Johnson and then make Vince Young beat us with his legs or with his arm.
Go ahead and try to over-pursue or blitz. Go ahead and put a spy on either one of them.
(I'm even surprised that this but)...in case you didn't notice, VY and CJ have been nailin those screen passes. If there isn't a D player within arms grasp of CJ when he catches the screen pass, expect at least a 15 yard gain out of that.

I don't think he can do it with either one.
For you and anyone else who really think that, and haven't seen the last three games, you all are in for an unpleasant surprise.

GP
11-17-2009, 08:59 AM
That's what ALL the "Little" Johnsons say :)

LOL. Funny post, FTF. Rep your way.

HOU-TEX
11-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Re: How are we going to stop Chris Johnson?

Do not miss at the first chance to tackle him.

TBC_Titan
11-17-2009, 09:00 AM
You know, in the first game, he really truly did next to nothing except for three blown assignments. We are alot better since then, and their QB doesn't inspire fear either. I don't feel to bad about this match up.
Uhhhhhh...the last time I checked, quite a few big plays happen due to blown assignments. Sounds like you're just making up flimsy excuses and not giving CJ his due credit...but if you want to deny the obvious, that's on you.
Plus with a back like CJ, it only takes one tiny blown assignment. If you watch some of his highlights, all he needs is a tiny crease.

Texan_Bill
11-17-2009, 09:01 AM
How are we going to stop Chris Johnson?

Go Shane Stant on 'em:
http://rockymountainway.mlblogs.com/nancy_kerrigan_biography_2.jpg

"WHYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??" "WHYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??" "WHYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??"

HOU-TEX
11-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Uhhhhhh...the last time I checked, quite a few big plays happen due to blown assignments. Sounds like you're just making up flimsy excuses and not giving CJ his due credit...but if you want to deny the obvious, that's on you.
Plus with a back like CJ, it only takes one tiny blown assignment. If you watch some of his highlights, all he needs is a tiny crease.

:hmmm: Looks like you're making friends fast around here.

Texan_Bill
11-17-2009, 09:04 AM

I've never seen anyone with that much negative rep... Geeezus!!

BigBull17
11-17-2009, 09:10 AM

Oh, he can kill you if you mess up, due to his speed, but he hurt os on huge plays via blown assignments. Thats not an excuse, its the truth.

HOU-TEX
11-17-2009, 09:23 AM
I've never seen anyone with that much negative rep... Geeezus!!

No doubt. Makes me wonder what he posted to deserve all of it. Beside the fact he's a titan dumpster.

TBC_Titan
11-17-2009, 09:31 AM
I came here to have a normal football discussion with mature opposing teams fans. Seems like I came to the wrong place.

No doubt. Makes me wonder what he posted to deserve all of it. Beside the fact he's a titan dumpster.
Nothing I've said so far is false. If any of you think so, please prove me wrong.
I didn't insult any of you or your team, nor have I talked any ****; if any of you think so, please show me where. If you guys want to get all Baghdad Bob denial and butt hurt about some things, that's on all of you.
As far as all the negative rep, if you can't hold a mature discussion about the players and game play, once again, that's on you. Stay classy!

HOU-TEX
11-17-2009, 09:36 AM
I came here to have a normal football discussion with mature opposing teams fans. Seems like I came to the wrong place.

Nothing I've said so far is false. If any of you think so, please prove me wrong.
I didn't insult any of you or your team, nor have I talked any ****; if any of you think so, please show me where. If you guys want to get all Baghdad Bob denial and butt hurt about some things, that's on all of you.
As far as all the negative rep, if you can't hold a mature discussion about the players and game play, once again, that's on you. Stay classy!

:spit: Dude, you think I care enough to want to dig up your post's from the past? That's special.

BuffaloglennTX
11-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Have you been eating 'shrooms? Vick and Dunn don't hold a candle to VY and CJ. A TAD slower....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hold on, let me catch my breath here for a min..

Chris Johnson had 284 all-purpose yards against your defense the first game with Immobile Statue Kerry Collins at the helm. You actually think he's going to do worse with one of the most mobile QBs in the league in the backfield with him? :lol:

Word of advice to your defense, if you see CJ split out wide, be sure to cover him this time!

We will. Your LBers better be fast. However, quickness isn't going to help if Vince pitches it to CJ if they commit to him or if he keeps it himself when you commit to CJ.

CJ had 135 yards against the Bills 'terrible' run defense yet had 187 yards against your defense. So does that make your run defense not even as good as Buffalo's?

But that's ok. You just keep underestimating CJ (and especially CJ with Vince in the backfield with him). We don't mind.

Gary/GP, it seems that you two aren't taking those two lightly. Good plan!
We will not be taking Moats, Slaton and A. Johnson lightly either.

And the Texans defense won't be the same one you saw at your house earlier this year. No one on the Texans will be foolish enough to underestimate CJ. Mike Vick was probably the fastest running QB the NFL has ever seen; some may disagree. He is definitely the fastest I have ever seen going back to Steve Young days.

Texan_Bill
11-17-2009, 10:08 AM

:spit: You went "Titans Dumpster" on him??

Honoring Earl 34
11-17-2009, 10:16 AM
The key is to make VY get some air on his screen pass by having Mario or Smith reading the screen and making VY loft it . The next part of the plan is in the video below .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQSpqE4fUGk

GP
11-17-2009, 10:26 AM

LOL. You came here. What did you expect?

And this is TUESDAY for crying out loud.

We've got 6 whole days before the game, and it's already getting predictable around here. So like it, or leave it.

You wander into an alley of the worst neighborhood in your town, at midnight, and you gotta' know what you are likely to get into. So stop crying and either take, dish it out, ignore it, or leave.

But we're not going to let visitors come here and start football conversations that soon turn into a "my dad can beat up your dad" session. If it goes there, then so what? It went there. You and your Titans fans, and the owner and the players, are all about "Doing what you want to do. Having fun." as the fake Irishman said in the post-game interview when asked about his owner going double-rods on Bills fans.

Malloy
11-17-2009, 11:24 AM

Funny... CJ gameplanning having its own thread here... how is that underestimating exactly?

Malloy
11-17-2009, 11:45 AM
In defense of TBC_Titan (I can't believe I really typed that...) he's been friendly and good mannered enough to not deserve negative rep, granted I've only read what he wrote in this thread, but still, nothing a 'good fan' wouldnt write.

Now excuse me while I go cleanse myself... I feel so dirty right now...

BTW, Titans suck, we'll beat the snot out of you on Monday, at least I hope that we do ;)

El Tejano
11-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Okay. So I'm one that is really taking CJ as a concern for this week coupled with VY being in there and converting those 3rd and 5's. So I will give a good conversation about the game.

Yes CJ went off on us. We still won, but CJ went off on us. His 3 TD performance is an indication of that. I'm not taking anything away but one of those TDs was a blown assignment. Anyone with a football IQ will tell you that was a blown assignment. Now if there was dude covering him when he went out wide and still got that TD I'd give it up to him.

CJ had a great game. He earned the 91 yard TD in the second half but then after that, nothing happened. We then began to shut him down.

You can bring up what CJ did last game, but I can guarantee you that the defense he played against is not the same. That same defense also held Manning to one TD thrown all game and forced him to punt more times than usual. That same defense has only been given up avg 60 ypg on the ground since week 4. One of those was the league leading rusher who went for over 180 and 130 against the Ravens defense and only came up with 45 yards against us.

You keep saying we are underestimating CJ but you are underestimating our D. I know you have reason to believe you are going to win because of the 3 game win streak. Trust me that has put doubt in some of us too though. However, failing to see that we are a much improved team even over the last time we met is what got you 0-2 against us over the last two times we met.

There are new starters to our defense that weren't playing then that have made all the difference in the world. Jacque Reeves and Bernard Pollard. Since Pollard and Reeves have joined the defense, we haven't given up 100 yards rushing to anyone.

On the flip to that, you are also underestimating someonelse who went off in that game - Andre Johnson. All your starters were in, and he was blasting them. How are you going to stop him. Kevin Walter was also not in that game, so you want to double on AJ - A) he'll beat it and B) White Lightning will make you pay as well and he is due for a big game. He's had a few against yall before.

So answer those things and lets talk football.

disaacks3
11-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Hey, you guys only won by a FG. You do realize that, don't you? Hey, we WON in YOUR house..you do realize that don't you? This was on the heels of a Titans team that gave the Steelers all they could handle in the opener.

We didn't have much of a coherent defense either. Griffin has had some major family issues this year but he still needs to get his crap together.
Plus like I said, Kearse was benched for William Hayes, who has been playing lights out. And our new CB, Rod Hood, has been playing lights out as well. It's also apparent that Cecil has dialed up the plays on defense as well.
And other than the aforementioned Chris Johnson, we really had no offense either So, you had starters on defense that had missed all of Training Camp w/ a new DC? Really?

Go ahead and try to over-pursue or blitz. Go ahead and put a spy on either one of them.
(I'm even surprised that this but)...in case you didn't notice, VY and CJ have been nailin those screen passes. If there isn't a D player within arms grasp of CJ when he catches the screen pass, expect at least a 15 yard gain out of that.

For you and anyone else who really think that, and haven't seen the last three games, you all are in for an unpleasant surprise. I guess that scrub Peyton Manning can't hold a candle to VY huh? Remember...he's that QB that severely struggled against our Defense in the last half of football our Defense has played (before a bye week to get rested). CJ is VERY good, I'll grant that, but guaranteeing 15-yard gains when nobody is within immediate tackling range is quite a stretch.

No More 8-8's
11-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Lets be honest........this game is not about Vince Young.....its about the hell of a streak that CJ is putting up. Do any of you Titan Fans believe that VY can win a game solely with his arm, and no running game?

Texan_Bill
11-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Funny... CJ gameplanning having its own thread here... how is that underestimating exactly?

You're exactly right! This guy must be drunk. :drunk:

HTown2ATX
11-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Lets be honest........this game is not about Vince Young.....its about the hell of a streak that CJ is putting up. Do any of you Titan Fans believe that VY can win a game solely with his arm, and no running game?

Yeah.......the leg humpers here in Austin, that's who! :gun:

Didn't you know, he just wins because he is inVINCEible! :gun:

Didn't you also hear that even his dook twinkles with diamonds, he's a BALLER! :gun::gun::gun:

No More 8-8's
11-17-2009, 03:34 PM
As a fellow Longhorn, who was at the RoseBowl, needs to tell the UT Folks to quit this fascination with vince young. Yes he was amazing for us, but get over it, quit acting like you will never get that experience again. Hell colt may do it this year.

The thing that bugs me about VY fans, is that a good majority of them are also cowboy fans as well. Reasons being location of UT, as well as overwhelming support state wide of the Cowboys. im not here to argue that, cowboys have a good fan support, and cant hate. BUT IMAGINE IF VINCE YOUNG WAS DRAFTED BY THE EAGLES. Do you think their would be that many fans. I dont think so.

Hervoyel
11-17-2009, 03:49 PM
In defense of TBC_Titan (I can't believe I really typed that...) he's been friendly and good mannered enough to not deserve negative rep, granted I've only read what he wrote in this thread, but still, nothing a 'good fan' wouldnt write.

Now excuse me while I go cleanse myself... I feel so dirty right now...

BTW, Titans suck, we'll beat the snot out of you on Monday, at least I hope that we do ;)

Texans fans are just being friendly and hospitable. We're helping him get his "Battle Red" on. :pepper:

Malloy
11-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Texans fans are just being friendly and hospitable. We're helping him get his "Battle Red" on. :pepper:

That's not the kind of 'Texan hospitality' I enjoyed for years.

Of course that was with women, in Austin, me with a dialect ;)

TBC_Titan
11-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Haha...well saying that CJ is only a TAD faster than Warrick Dunn for starters. LOL

LOL. You came here. What did you expect?
True true. You guys are better than quite a few of the other teams' fans.
I came on here because for one, you guys have a good team now. Plus you guys aren't douches like Jax/Pats/Colts/Chargers fans.

I guess that scrub Peyton Manning can't hold a candle to VY huh? Remember...he's that QB that severely struggled against our Defense in the last half of football our Defense has played (before a bye week to get rested).
Well, that same Peyton Manning is the one that severely struggled against San Francisco's defense as well, almost losing to them. That's the same defense that one of you guys on the first page was saying is no big deal.

Texans fans are just being friendly and hospitable. We're helping him get his "Battle Red" on.
Hehe...I'm here doing the same for you guys!

You're exactly right! This guy must be drunk.
Pfff. I wish I were hammered.

And the Texans defense won't be the same one you saw at your house earlier this year.
I know! That's why I think it will be a good game and a good test for VY/CJ and crew.

No one on the Texans will be foolish enough to underestimate CJ. Mike Vick was probably the fastest running QB the NFL has ever seen; some may disagree. He is definitely the fastest I have ever seen going back to Steve Young days.
Guaranteed. Vick was the fastest running QB I've ever seen. He's definitely faster than Vince. But Vince has some deceptive elusiveness...especially given how big/tall he is.

But we're not going to let visitors come here and start football conversations that soon turn into a "my dad can beat up your dad" session. [/quote]
That wasn't my intention. I just wanted to defend my guys.

If it goes there, then so what? It went there. You and your Titans fans, and the owner and the players, are all about "Doing what you want to do. Having fun." as the fake Irishman said in the post-game interview when asked about his owner going double-rods on Bills fans.
Some think that the Twin Birds weren't for the Bills fans (cough cough...for Fisher...cough cough) LOL
I dunno who it was to, but it was funny.

On the flip to that, you are also underestimating someonelse who went off in that game - Andre Johnson. All your starters were in, and he was blasting them. How are you going to stop him. Kevin Walter was also not in that game, so you want to double on AJ - A) he'll beat it and B) White Lightning will make you pay as well and he is due for a big game. He's had a few against yall before.
Thanks for your post Tejano. You bring up some good points.
As for AJ, NOBODY on the Titans' squad is underestimating him.
Some of the things that I saw (some of which we've corrected since then) that caused AJ to go off are:
-Griffin bit like a little ***** on the run when AJ blew past him. It was too late by then. Griffin has not been playing well AT ALL this year. Some say it's because of some personal family issues back in yall's neck of the woods.
-Harper was starting. He's great in run support and zones, but sucks ass in m2m and gets beat often. Hood is starting in his place whilst he's injured and hopefully Hood will continure to start.
-before the bye, Finny was strictly a weak side CB. If AJ wasn't lined up on that side, Finny wasn't covering him. Now they have him all over the field. That's one thing we've switched up on defense. Finny should be on AJ all damn day this time.

Man I can't wait for this game.

jaayteetx
11-17-2009, 05:07 PM
If AJ wasn't lined up on that side, Finny wasn't covering him. Now they have him all over the field. That's one thing we've switched up on defense. Finny should be on AJ all damn day this time.

Man I can't wait for this game.[/QUOTE]

God, I hope so. AJ gonna use that fake Irishmen.

Carr Bombed
11-18-2009, 01:41 AM

That's not the kind of 'Texan hospitality' I enjoyed for years.

Before some of y'all start feeling sorry for this tack fan......check out the thread he started over at his board...

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=53956

Yeah, the guy who "just wants to talk football" thinks we're a bunch of "crackheads" because we won't kiss his favorite players' ass...

So what happened to this guy's rep.....He used to have like 7 red boxes. I would add some more to them, but I must spread rep :). Don't be fooled by the clown.....he's just over here to see his idols stroked, a whole entire thread dedicated to us thinking of ways to stop one of his players isn't good enough for him. :rolleyes: So now he has to cry about it.....he's just looking for attention.

Another thing I find funny is how these guys disappeared after the first couple of games and were never heard from.....then their team wins a couple of games and they start coming out of the woodwork beating their chests again. Hopefully we can get a win and send them back to whatever safehouse they were hiding in the entire season.

Malloy
11-18-2009, 01:54 AM
CB, you :stirpot:

:)

Carr Bombed
11-18-2009, 01:55 AM
CB, you :stirpot:

:)

:texflag:

TonyBrownTown
11-18-2009, 01:50 PM
You know what. Living here in Austin, at this point, I'm focused on shutting down Rudy.

I am so freaking tired of the leg humping, jock swinging, mouth breathing yocals who keep calling for the Hootinanies to be on TV over the Texans.

Seeing the score today and the fact that now sausage boy has been ON the team (I refuse to say LEAD the team) to 3 straight wins only fuels my never ending hatred for the Hoot's.

I am not calling for some illegal hit or career ending injury. But, if MW plants him so friggin hard that he has to leave the game, I am satisfied regardless of what C. Johnson does.

I'd even take a loss as long as that **** sausage boy Rudy looks like ****.:voodoo:

Sorry.

I know what I have said may make no sense in regards to making the playoffs. I have stated before, I can debate and be level headed about any opponent, accept the Hoot's from Bumblescum Mountain. I'm blinded by hatred for them and only hope the worst for that franchise now and forever!

If the Hoot's beat us on MNF, I literally may need to seek professional help.

If the sausage king looks like a friggin hall of famer AND the Hoot's win, hell, I may just need to stop watching football. (JK) My blood pressure is already too high for my age.

:texflag::d:

HAHAHAHA. At least the "Hoot's from Bumblescum Mountain" know how to correctly spell "except" as opposed to "accept." Great job big shot.

TonyBrownTown
11-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Give him a serious case of Cushlash. He needs to hit him so hard it knocks the gold off his teeth!!!

Well that will be hard because he does not have a grill OVER his teeth, he got actual solid gold teeth put into his entire top row!

HTown2ATX
11-18-2009, 02:03 PM
HAHAHAHA. At least the "Hoot's from Bumblescum Mountain" know how to correctly spell "except" as opposed to "accept." Great job big shot.

Wow. You caught me on a grammatical error. WOO!!

I wouldn't be too sure that all the toothless wonders on Possum Squallors squad could catch that. What was Rudy's score on the Wonderlic test again?

I'll stop there as to stay classy.

Try again.:cool:

Texan_Bill
11-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Before some of y'all start feeling sorry for this tack fan......check out the thread he started over at his board...

Yeah, the guy who "just wants to talk football" thinks we're a bunch of "crackheads" because we won't kiss his favorite players' ass...

So what happened to this guy's rep.....He used to have like 7 red boxes. I would add some more to them, but I must spread rep :). Don't be fooled by the clown.....he's just over here to see his idols stroked, a whole entire thread dedicated to us thinking of ways to stop one of his players isn't good enough for him. :rolleyes: So now he has to cry about it.....he's just looking for attention.

Another thing I find funny is how these guys disappeared after the first couple of games and were never heard from.....then their team wins a couple of games and they start coming out of the woodwork beating their chests again. Hopefully we can get a win and send them back to whatever safehouse they were hiding in the entire season.

Repped!!

*and I mean a positive rep ;) *

Texan_Bill
11-18-2009, 02:09 PM

http://extra.listverse.com/amazon/englisherrors/grammar-nazi-tm.jpg

Texan_Bill
11-18-2009, 02:10 PM

He lives in Tennessee. His teeth will fall out soon enough. :lol:

HTown2ATX
11-18-2009, 07:08 PM
http://extra.listverse.com/amazon/englisherrors/grammar-nazi-tm.jpg

Repped!

Wolf
11-20-2009, 06:14 PM
rinse and repeat

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/NBCSports/Sections/Personal/Jervay%2C%20John/NFL/Season%20Slide%20show/Week%20fifteen/1214_Chris-Johnson.hlarge.jpg

JDizzle
11-20-2009, 06:18 PM
rinse and repeat

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/NBCSports/Sections/Personal/Jervay%2C%20John/NFL/Season%20Slide%20show/Week%20fifteen/1214_Chris-Johnson.hlarge.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2elcspe.jpg

TBC_Titan
11-23-2009, 11:43 AM

Hey, I'm sorry but I can't take the credit for that. You can go ahead and pin it on the guys at Titanscentral. I appreciate the gesture though. :bravo:
http://www.titanscentral.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4478[/quote]
I just merely relayed the thread @ TC over to GoTitans.
And if yall are going to sit there and say that CJ is only a TAD better than Dunn and say that CJ won't do anything when he leads the league in rushing by a wide margin (along with several other stats), then did you 'spect me to come on here and agree with you? You are smoking crack if you don't think CJ is effective and better yet, if you don't think he's been more effective with VY behind center. You can deny that all you want, doesn't make it any less true.
Oh, and don't feel sorry for me. I'm here to have a discussion about football, not garner sympathy.

So what happened to this guy's rep.....He used to have like 7 red boxes.
I'm going to go with 'who cares?' Certainly not me. If you guys want to neg rep for me coming on here and defending my guys whilst not being an arrogant douche about it, go right ahead.

I would add some more to them, but I must spread rep . Don't be fooled by the clown.....he's just over here to see his idols stroked, a whole entire thread dedicated to us thinking of ways to stop one of his players isn't good enough for him. So now he has to cry about it.....he's just looking for attention.
You're right...especially since I've had so many chances to get on here in the last six days to troll for attention. Pfft. My bad. I won't let my full-time job that supplies my income that lets me keep my house, cars and pets, get in the way of trolling for attention next time.

Another thing I find funny is how these guys disappeared after the first couple of games and were never heard from.....then their team wins a couple of games and they start coming out of the woodwork beating their chests again.
First couple of games? You do realize that I didn't join this site until the weekend before last, don't you? Believe me, if I was all about being condescending towards other teams, don't you think that I would have been here long, long ago...during all those years that the Texans never went above .500 let alone the playoffs. It's funny how I'm coming on here during your first potentially good season, merely correcting misinfo on some players, not condescending your team, yet get flamed.

Should be a good game tonight.

Texan_Bill
11-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Re: How are we going to stop Chris Johnson?

Simple. Knock the piss out of him.

TBC_Titan
11-23-2009, 11:45 AM

People from Texas making fun of people from Tennessee being hicks and rednecks is pretty much like New Yorkers calling Bostonians dirty Yankees.
Just sayin.

TimeKiller
11-23-2009, 12:40 PM
People from Texas making fun of people from Tennessee being hicks and rednecks is pretty much like New Yorkers calling Bostonians dirty Yankees.
Just sayin.

Yeah....except in both cases one group is worse than the other.

Texas > Not-Texas

Runner
11-23-2009, 02:21 PM

Just sayin.

Hmmmm.....

I may open a jar of corn liquor for the game to honor both sides. I received it as a gag gift, but this may be my opportunity to use it.

NitroGSXR
11-23-2009, 02:32 PM
All we gotta do is whip out our Johnson!

TBC_Titan
11-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Yeah....except in both cases one group is worse than the other.

Texas > Not-Texas

Uh yeah...
http://msp325.photobucket.com/albums/k375/TexasCasey/dont.jpg

Your Alamo battle was won partly due to the help of Tennessee Volunteers.

Get over yourselves.

Hmmmm.....

I may open a jar of corn liquor for the game to honor both sides. I received it as a gag gift, but this may be my opportunity to use it.
Hey, if it has alcohol in it and gets you hammered, drink away! :spin:

All we gotta do is whip out our Johnson!
I'm sure there will be Johnson-whippin aplenty from both sides tonight.
Can't wait. Let's get this MF started already!

Vinny
11-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Your Alamo battle was won partly due to the help of some 40,000 Tennessee Volunteers.

Get over yourselves.

Hey, if it has alcohol in it and gets you hammered, drink away! :spin:
won? Hey history buff...there were over 100 men stationed at the Alamo and only 2 survived at the end of the day. Thanks for the help.

TBC_Titan
11-23-2009, 02:48 PM
won? Hey history buff...there were over 100 men stationed at the Alamo and only 2 survived at the end of the day. Thanks for the help.
Yes WON. Are you guys part of Mexico or the U.S.?

gwallaia
11-23-2009, 02:48 PM

There again, this is the uninformed Titan fan.

Vinny
11-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Yes WON. Are you guys part of Mexico or the U.S.? We lost the battle of the Alamo Mr. Einstein....hence the term, "remember the Alamo!"

Texan4Ever
11-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Chris Johnson CAN be stopped. Titans fans say: *gasp*, you don't say!?!?!

Yall herad me right, Chris Johnson can be stopped. Don't forget that the Texans have a solid LB core and if Johnson gets passed our defensive line then Ryans, CRushing, and Diles will be waiting to greet him :)

All our defensive line has to do is close all holes and force him to the outside at which our LBs need to play in the zone and just track him down and tackle him.

TBC_Titan
11-23-2009, 02:57 PM
There again, this is the uninformed Titan fan.
...kinda like you guys are with CJ and VY. You felt the need to correct me about something that you would know about TX that I wouldn't...pretty much the same reason I came into this thread.
See the relation there? Probably not.
And let me correct myself, the battle of San Jicento was won, and where Santa Anna was captured.
But it doesn't take away from the TN Volunteers coming to help you out, and giving their lives for TX.
So answer my question, is TX part of Mexico or the U.S. now?

Vinny
11-23-2009, 02:59 PM
...kinda like you guys are with CJ and VY. You felt the need to correct me about something that you would know about TX that I wouldn't...pretty much the same reason I came into this thread.
And let me correct myself, the battle of San Jicento was won, and where Santa Anna was captured.
But it doesn't take away from the TN Volunteers coming to help you out, and giving their lives for TX.
Figures you wouldn't know. Hell you didn't know the simple history of the Alamo. Also, that's San Jacinto, not Jicento. It's hard to watch you make fun of yourself.

JDizzle
11-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Someone needs to go Google himself.

TBC_Titan
11-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Figures you wouldn't know. Hell you didn't know the simple history of the Alamo. Also, that's San Jacinto, not Jicento. It's hard to watch you make fun of yourself.
Why? because I don't have my head so far up my ass preventing me from making fun of myself?
I'm not from TX. So I'm not really concerned, let alone ashamed that I don't know every detail of Texas history.
You wanna tell me how Nashboro came to be known as Nashville? Didn't think so.
And thanks for correcting my spelling on San Jacintoe there Grammar Nazi. It's hard to watch you correct people on the most asinine of spelling mistakes.

Anyway, you are correcting me just like I was correcting you guys about VY and CJ, but you don't have to take my word for it. You will see it first hand tonight.

Vinny
11-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Why? because I don't have my head so far up my ass preventing me from making fun of myself?
I'm not from TX. So I'm not really concerned, let alone ashamed that I don't know every detail of Texas history.
And thanks for correcting my spelling on San Jacintoe there Grammar Nazi. It's hard to watch you correct people on the most asinine of spelling mistakes.

Anyway, you are correcting me just like I was correcting you guys about VY and CJ, but you don't have to take my word for it. You will see it first hand tonight.You are the one who started the history smack, brainiac. All I did was point out that your grasp of history was as bad as your smack.

Showtime100
11-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Yes WON. Are you guys part of Mexico or the U.S.?

That just made my day. You, TBC, are NOT smarter than a fifth grader.

infantrycak
11-23-2009, 03:14 PM

Try Fort Nashborough and then talk smack.

And thanks for correcting my spelling on San Jacintoe there Grammar Nazi.

You do realize grammar and spelling are two distinct things right? Silly me - no just like you don't understand cousin and girlfriend are two different things.

gwallaia
11-23-2009, 03:16 PM

Who in the hell cares?

Blake
11-23-2009, 03:19 PM

You do realize grammar and spelling are two distinct things right? Silly me - no just like you don't understand cousin and girlfriend are two different things.

lol Burn. On the money with that one. :fans:

TBC_Titan
11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
You are the one who started the history smack, brainiac. All I did was point out that your grasp of history was as bad as your smack.
Fair enough. But likewise I said that I really didn't give a **** about the grasp of history. Apparently you all got the jest...followed by some correction.
All I did was correct you guys about CJ, but alas, you weren't having any of it. But you'll get plenty of it this evening.

That just made my day. You, TBC, are NOT smarter than a fifth grader.
I'm smart enough to know that my team has been above .500 since their inception and have made the playoffs. At least you guys did sweep us back in 2004...the year we went 4-12.
And I'm sorry that I've been too busy with my I.T. job to learn about the history of the most arrogant state in the union.
Maybe we should come up with a Don't Mess With Tennnessee slogan.

Vinny
11-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Fair enough. But likewise I said that I really didn't give a **** about the grasp of history. Apparently you all got the jest...followed by some correction.
All I did was correct you guys about CJ, but alas, you weren't having any of it. But you'll get plenty of it this evening.
You didn't correct me since I don't generally do smack and most Titan fans who come here know I'm fair to them since I used to live there and really don't care for "regional smack" (Nashville is actually one of my favorite cities). 'Most of them' doesn't include you apparently.

MeLoveTexans
11-23-2009, 03:23 PM

I'm smart enough to know that my team has been above .500 since their inception and have made the playoffs. At least you guys did sweep us back in 2004...the year we went 4-12.
And I'm sorry that I've been too busy with my I.T. job to learn about the history of the most arrogant state in the union.

All is forgiven. All of us here are ready anytime you want to give a lesson on the history of the most toothless state in the Union

Showtime100
11-23-2009, 03:24 PM

Haven't you had enough of Texas hand-me-downs?

JDizzle
11-23-2009, 03:25 PM

http://i26.tinypic.com/2mq48lu.jpg

Vinny
11-23-2009, 03:25 PM
:cow: nice

TBC_Titan
11-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Who in the hell cares?
Internet forum rhetorical questions > you

Wow. You know how to use Google.
*runs to the kitchen to get you a cookie*

You do realize that spelling typically falls under grammar (and English composition), don't you? I'm sorry for not realizing that I need to be more specific when crowning you a certain title....Spelling Nazi. That better?

gwallaia
11-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Sarcasm > you

mattieuk
11-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Chris Johnson CAN be stopped. Titans fans say: *gasp*, you don't say!?!?!

Yall herad me right, Chris Johnson can be stopped. Don't forget that the Texans have a solid LB core and if Johnson gets passed our defensive line then Ryans, CRushing, and Diles will be waiting to greet him :)

All our defensive line has to do is close all holes and force him to the outside at which our LBs need to play in the zone and just track him down and tackle him.

Damn straight. I want to see him get past out D line actually to see our LBers put the hit on him. Actually, I want him to get a little further and meet our new friend Mr Pollard.

COME ON TEXANS! :texans:

TBC_Titan
11-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Nah. You guys did give us one hand-me-down that knows how to get winning seasons and make the post-season.

TBC_Titan
11-23-2009, 03:31 PM
You didn't correct me since I don't generally do smack and most Titan fans who come here know I'm fair to them since I used to live there and really don't care for "regional smack" (Nashville is actually one of my favorite cities). 'Most of them' doesn't include you apparently.
Uhhh....'you guys' doesn't mean just you. Maybe you should reread the thread from the beginning.
And I'm deeply hurt that I'm not included in 'most of them'.

infantrycak
11-23-2009, 03:32 PM
You do realize that spelling typically falls under grammar (and English composition), don't you?

You really want to dig this hole deeper? No, grammar is the proper usage of words, spelling is the proper formulation of words - wait that was polysyllabic and might confuse you, spelling is putting the right letters together.

Now go kiss your cousin good bye and adjust the rabbit ears on your TV - see if you can get the tin foil adjusted just right.

TBC_Titan
Damn straight. I want to see him get past out D line actually to see our LBers put the hit on him. Actually, I want him to get a little further and meet our new friend Mr Pollard.

COME ON TEXANS! :texans:
Uhhh, he did that the last time we played. One of them resulted in a 91 yard TD run. Did you forget about that?

gwallaia
Going back to the original topic of this thread. How to stop Chris Johnson.

It comes down to the old saying, "You can't stop him, you can only hope to control him."

CJ is one of my fantasy backs and has been getting me a ton of points all season. I hope we can control his points tonight. :gun:

JDizzle
11-23-2009, 03:34 PM
CJ is one of my fantasy backs and has been getting me a ton of points all season. I hope we can control his points tonight. :gun:

Try dealing with having AJ left up by 6 points, while your opponent has Schaub.

:gun::gun:

TBC_Titan
11-23-2009, 03:35 PM
You really want to dig this hole deeper? No, grammar is the proper usage of words, spelling is the proper formulation of words.

Now go kiss your cousin good bye and adjust the rabbit ears on your TV.

Easily butt-hurt much?
You really want to argue about mundane crap like this? Wow. Who cares if my history isn't entirely accurate on a football forum. Am I on an English composition forum full of English (and Spelling) nerds? Must be.
If you guys want to continue to try to teach Elementary English, go right ahead. I'll be here if you want to continue discussing football.

Double Barrel
11-23-2009, 03:36 PM
Nah. You guys did give us one hand-me-down that knows how to get winning seasons and make the post-season.

You got suckered by chokers, son. Trust us, we watched enough of that franchise to know as much.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WAi2txkagVM/SZzHFvgHZPI/AAAAAAAAEvE/V5pENLwbaB4/s400/titans_superbowl_falling_short_dyson.jpg

HTown2ATX
11-23-2009, 03:38 PM
You got suckered by chokers, son. Trust us, we watched enough of that franchise to know as much.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WAi2txkagVM/SZzHFvgHZPI/AAAAAAAAEvE/V5pENLwbaB4/s400/titans_superbowl_falling_short_dyson.jpg

:goodpost:

LMAO

That was just low.....:user:

JB
11-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Try dealing with having AJ left up by 6 points, while your opponent has Schaub.

:gun::gun:

Same situation here...exactly!

infantrycak
11-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Easily butt-hurt much?

Nope, just laughing at you.

Like:

Must be. If you guys want to continue to try to teach Elementary English, go right ahead.

Seriously, you just slammed yourself. You're right this crud is elementary and you got it wrong.

Showtime100
11-23-2009, 03:42 PM

Beat me to it by that much.

I honestly believe if Houston won a Super Bowl during the Luv Ya Blue days they would be over here boasting how they have a ring and we don't. :spit:

Beer and Metal
11-23-2009, 03:46 PM

Actually, Santa Ana wasn't captured on the battlefield. He was captured a day later near the present day Washburn tunnel.

Rmuor has it he was wearing a Colts jersey mumbling something about "feeling like being on a winning team".

Dan B.
11-23-2009, 04:01 PM
How the heck do you know that there were volunteers from Tennessee at the Alamo, but not know they died there? Is there some version of The Alamo where Davy Crockett singlehandedly takes on the entire Mexican Army and wins?

You do know John Wayne dies in the movie right?

Showtime100
11-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Honestly, I've seen trolls step in a pile before but this one is HOF material. :texflag:

Wolf
11-23-2009, 04:46 PM
How th' heck does yo' knows thet thar were volunteers fum Tennessee at th' Alamo, but not knows they died thar? Is thar some vahshun of Th' Alamo whar Davy Crockett sin'lehan'edly takes on th' entire Mexican Armah an' wins? Yo' does knows John-Boy Wayne dies in th' movie right?

Dan, I will fixed it so they can understand

:truck:

back to topic.. no miss tackles!!!

mattieuk
11-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Uhhh, he did that the last time we played. One of them resulted in a 91 yard TD run. Did you forget about that?

Yea, that game before we were competent at safety, and our D was still struggling to find its feet with a new coordinator?

I'm making no guarantees, but our D is a lot better than that game where we game we gave up 31 points, and still won.

Oh, and enjoy watching Pollard out there. He serves some serious ass whoopings.