PDA

View Full Version : I hate Bye-weeks because........

No More 8-8's
11-12-2009, 11:02 AM
i dont get my Texan fix this Sunday.....and i am forced to wait for the epic MNF match up.

BigBull17
11-12-2009, 11:12 AM
i dont get my Texan fix this Sunday.....and i am forced to wait for the epic MNF match up.

Damn, two Texans free Sundays in a row.

GP
11-12-2009, 11:20 AM
because we lost and that's what we have to live with for two weeks and one day.

And then we better perform well on MNF.

But hey, other than that...it's a blast. :truck:

m5kwatts
11-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Think of it this way...

After this bye there's 2 Texans games within 1 week

Thats a pretty good deal huh?

hobie

There are other good matchups this weekend...you'll be just fine !

Khari
cuz i have nothing to do but cheer for my fantasy football team members this weekend

go vernon davis & gates
god favre
peterson
ocho cinco!

Showtime100
11-12-2009, 12:15 PM
I hate Bye-weeks because........

.........I don't. I miss having a Texan game to deal with each week, but I kind of enjoy watching a Sunday's worth of NFL football with no stress and tons of chicken wings. Tonight I get the (her) stress out of the way early due to my wife's team playing NFLN's first Thursday night'er of the year.

Also, the Texans deserve a bye week, last year they got one but it wasn't really a bye week at all due to Ike.

eriadoc
11-12-2009, 12:28 PM
It falls at a great time for me. I have to catch up on Physics and Calculus because Organic Chemistry has been taking up a ton of time.

badboy
11-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Yeah but I'm loving this one. Texans should come out much healhier with Cush, Mario, Wilson and AJ getting better. We should man handle Titans and body slam Colts. Team should be very motivated by first Colt game.

HTown2ATX
11-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Cannot wait for the Monday Nighter!!!!!!

I just want to reiterate my eternal, smoldering, deep seeded and absolute hatred for the Possum Squallor Hootinanies from Bumblescum Mountain and king sausage himself...Rudy.

I'm trying not to think too much about this game yet as it may cause me to lose focus at work and possibly be sent to a doctor for foaming at the mouth in anticipation of the absolute beat down we are gonna wreck on the Hoot's and Rudy. Bye bye Rudy!!!

Get ready to be moved to an NFC team next year, finally shutting up the last of the jockswinging, leg humping fans of his here in Austin who keep demanding he be put on the air here in place of the Texans! Finally, if all goes well, we Texans fans here in Austin will just be able to enjoy our team on TV while the UT fans leg hump Colt and get ready for the meltdown of the millenia if Colt doesn't win the Heisman. Here's to hoping that Colt goes to an NFC team BTW while I'm on that subject.

I went ahead and ordered a straight jacket just in case the Hoot's win so that I'll be restrained from flinging fecal matter and banging my head against the wall in frustration like a wild animal!

This is why I can't even start talking about the Hoot's game yet. I get on these long rants....

G-D I hate the Hoot's!!!!!

Highlight of the year for me would be to see MW just friggin PLANT Rudy!!!
aaahhhhh...............

In the interim though....I am looking forward to the ol' Colts-Pats re match.

:fans::fans:

JB
11-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Cannot wait for the Monday Nighter!!!!!!

I just want to reiterate my eternal, smoldering, deep seeded and absolute hatred for the Possum Squallor Hootinanies from Bumblescum Mountain and king sausage himself...Rudy.

I'm trying not to think too much about this game yet as it may cause me to lose focus at work and possibly be sent to a doctor for foaming at the mouth in anticipation of the absolute beat down we are gonna wreck on the Hoot's and Rudy. Bye bye Rudy!!!

Get ready to be moved to an NFC team next year, finally shutting up the last of the jockswinging, leg humping fans of his here in Austin who keep demanding he be put on the air here in place of the Texans! Finally, if all goes well, we Texans fans here in Austin will just be able to enjoy our team on TV while the UT fans leg hump Colt and get ready for the meltdown of the millenia if Colt doesn't win the Heisman. Here's to hoping that Colt goes to an NFC team BTW while I'm on that subject.

I went ahead and ordered a straight jacket just in case the Hoot's win so that I'll be restrained from flinging fecal matter and banging my head against the wall in frustration like a wild animal!

This is why I can't even start talking about the Hoot's game yet. I get on these long rants....

G-D I hate the Hoot's!!!!!

Highlight of the year for me would be to see MW just friggin PLANT Rudy!!!
aaahhhhh...............

In the interim though....I am looking forward to the ol' Colts-Pats re match.

:goodpost: Would another by Cushing not upset you too much?

No More 8-8's
11-12-2009, 02:59 PM
MW = Modern Warfare = Mario Williams

HTown2ATX
11-12-2009, 03:46 PM
:goodpost: Would another by Cushing not upset you too much?

Love the Cush!

But it would be all that much sweeter for MW to get a good 3+ sack game in on Rudy with the whole draft bs and all that!

I have nothing against VY as a person. The whole TV thing here on KEYE CBS a while back is what drove me nuts!

My hatred for the Hoot's extends beyond that though and is all encompassing and will remain so until the Texans win a Super Bowl and hopefully Bud Adams is around to see it!

This is why you never see me post in threads that Hoot fans post in. I know myself well enough that I may say something I shouldn't. I don't want to be classless so I just hold my tongue. Any other team I can debate and be level headed....not with the Hoot's and I make no apologies for that!

Marcus
11-14-2009, 11:24 AM
I hate Bye-weeks because........

.........I don't. I miss having a Texan game to deal with each week, but I kind of enjoy watching a Sunday's worth of NFL football with no stress and tons of chicken wings. Tonight I get the (her) stress out of the way early due to my wife's team playing NFLN's first Thursday night'er of the year.

Also, the Texans deserve a bye week, last year they got one but it wasn't really a bye week at all due to Ike.

That's what I liked about not having a team here. You could watch NFL football games for what they were.

False Start
11-15-2009, 08:28 AM
So......its Sunday........and....:sleep:

ObsiWan
11-15-2009, 10:32 AM
That's what I liked about not having a team here. You could watch NFL football games for what they were.

Amen to that.
Stress-free football watching is soooo relaxing.
:popcorn:

SheTexan
11-15-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm BORED! Woke up EARLY this morning thinking about tailgating and watching Texan football! NOT gonna happen! Niners played Thurs, and the cowpokes and meatballs DO NOT grace my TV screen! What to do??! Maybe I'll clean out the garage, maybe NOT! :texflag:

Dan B.
11-15-2009, 11:24 AM
... our next game isn't until a Monday night, so that's over 14 consecutive days with zero Texans football.

False Start
11-15-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm BORED! Woke up EARLY this morning thinking about tailgating and watching Texan football! NOT gonna happen! Niners played Thurs, and the cowpokes and meatballs DO NOT grace my TV screen! What to do??! Maybe I'll clean out the garage, maybe NOT! :texflag:

I feel ya Sandy, its just feels weird. I'm gonna take the kid to play putt-putt at Mountasia. It will be good to get out and spend some fun time with the girl.

Malloy
11-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Hey, we can always cheer for the Bills to smack the Tits around.

Probably not going to happen, but one can wish for it! :)

False Start
11-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Hey, we can always cheer for the Bills to smack the Tits around.

Probably not going to happen, but one can wish for it! :)

That's what I'm going to do, even though I cant watch it.... and GO PACK! :cool:

Its reminds me of the days when the Texans didn't exist. My favorite team changed on a week to week basis, whoever the Titans were playing, and whoever the Girls were playing.

Buffi2
11-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Maybe I'll clean out the garage, maybe NOT! :texflag:

I wouldn't make any rash decisions due to lack of football. Take a deep breath, think about garage cleaning in rational manner, then go sit on the couch and have a buffalo wing and a beer:good: - that is my advice.

m5kwatts
11-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Technically were NOT in a bye week

We're Jets (vsJAX) and Bills (vsTEN) fans for a day

If JAX wins they're 5-4 tied with us

If the butth0les win they're 3-6

Lets go Jets and Bills!

SheTexan
11-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Lets go Jets and Bills!

Not looking to good right now. Tits and Jaga**es are both holding leads. Hopefully, Bills and Jets will have a better 2nd half.

mattieuk
11-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Stress free Sunday?! I wish.

My Sunday has consisted of scrambling to replace my 4 starting FF players who are on bye weeks, resulting in a start for JaMarcus Russel of all people in one of my teams.

As for actually watching football goes, I've got the lopsided Vikes and Lions game, and the Bengals and Steelers....neither really grabbing my attention.

Come back Texans! My only Houston football contact of the last week has been booking off a certain Monday evening from work, and buying a new television to make sure that it looks super awesome to watch on!

:texflag:

HTown2ATX
11-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Stress free Sunday?! I wish.

My Sunday has consisted of scrambling to replace my 4 starting FF players who are on bye weeks, resulting in a start for JaMarcus Russel of all people in one of my teams.

As for actually watching football goes, I've got the lopsided Vikes and Lions game, and the Bengals and Steelers....neither really grabbing my attention.

Come back Texans! My only Houston football contact of the last week has been booking off a certain Monday evening from work, and buying a new television to make sure that it looks super awesome to watch on!

:texflag:

Dude boo. LOL.

JaMarcus is the butt of so many jokes between me and a co-worker. Would take too long to explain. Suffice it to say we believe that he watches sponge bob during half time while eating orange slices and drinking juice boxes with his spin and say playbook that consists of a cow, a pig and a duck....which he still screws up.

Whenever one of us screws up at work, we tell the other person they pulled "A JaMarcus" and that offending person keeps a post it that says "JaM" on their cube for the day.

LMAO

Air Canada
11-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Technically were NOT in a bye week

We're Jets (vsJAX) and Bills (vsTEN) fans for a day

If JAX wins they're 5-4 tied with us

If the butth0les win they're 3-6

Lets go Jets and Bills!

Come on man....a lot of people are off on this. We needed the Jags to win and it's a good thing they did. As I've been saying if the Jets finish with the same record as us we are screwed since we don't play them again. We can avenge our loss to Jax and take control of the tiebreaker.

HTown2ATX
11-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Come on man....a lot of people are off on this. We needed the Jags to win and it's a good thing they did. As I've been saying if the Jets finish with the same record as us we are screwed since we don't play them again. We can avenge our loss to Jax and take control of the tiebreaker.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I want that tiebreaker with the Jets nullified.

I gotta believe that we will have a better record than the Jags in the end.

Anyone else see that the Hoot's from Bumblescum won today.

G-Damnit.

Sucks to live in Austin if you are a Texans fan!

Cannot wait for the Monday Nighter! MW....Please, please, please plant Rudy the sausage king at least 3 times!

Do it for Austin Mario!!!!

Air Canada
11-15-2009, 04:18 PM
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I want that tiebreaker with the Jets nullified.

I gotta believe that we will have a better record than the Jags in the end.

Anyone else see that the Hoot's from Bumblescum won today.

G-Damnit.

Sucks to live in Austin if you are a Texans fan!

Cannot wait for the Monday Nighter! MW....Please, please, please plant Rudy the sausage king at least 3 times!

Do it for Austin Mario!!!!

That's right we needed the NYJ to fall behind us in the standings to nullify that tie-breaker more than a loss for the Jags.