PDA

View Full Version : james harrison helmet to helmet hit?

texan9885
11-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Did anyone see that hit to buckhalter, which I thought was uncalled for at that juncture? Wonder why that wasn't called when it was very obvious???

TheRealJoker
11-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Did anyone see that hit to buckhalter, which I thought was uncalled for at that juncture? Wonder why that wasn't called when it was very obvious???

Late in the game and the penalty would've only prolonged the game because the Steelers were up by 18 and there was little time to play was the likely reason it wasn't called. They just wanted to get the game over with...

I'd expect to see a fine come down for Harrison from the league offices.

For the conspiracy theorists however: The Broncos dont have a Manning on their roster so they're less likely to get preferential treatment from the officials!!! The Steelers are the defending super bowl champs and wont get those calls!!!

kastofsna
11-11-2009, 12:44 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/2817rc3.gif

Showtime100
11-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Yep, that says it all right there. I wonder what fatso in the stripes was looking at? Bad angle and all it still had to have been clear enough for a flag.

DiehardChris
11-11-2009, 01:15 AM
In real time, the torque on the spin that hit generated was amazing. I did not expect C-Buck to get up.

Dread-Head
11-11-2009, 10:12 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/2817rc3.gif

Okay, if you look at this in slow motion the defender doesn't lower his shoulder or head once he's in motion. He's already coming in low. He was headed for a high hit on the ball carrier (who is considerably smaller than he is), but not a head shot. The ball carrier lowered himself and pretty much came in the path of a charging defender.
It's the equivilent of you attempting to hit me in the mid section with a bat and me ducking and getting hit in the head. Sure you hit me in the head, but you wouldn't have had I not ducked. Its not your fault I'm a nidiot. The ball carrier took a shot to the head, but had he not attempted to try to look like Barry Sanders out there by adjusting his center of gravity...he would have been alright.
Refs made the right call. Homeboy needs to learn about the basic physics involved in * an object with a mass of X increasing in momentum and coming in contact with a stationary object with a X-Y and the force that will invariably be absorbed by the stationary object.

Translation: some muff-hugga twice your size is running at cha like a bat outta hell and you're standing still and KNOW you're about to get hit...have enough common sense to get the VUGG out of the way!

El Tejano
11-11-2009, 10:13 AM
The answer to your question is because Harrison is one of old Art Rooney's boys.

HOU-TEX
11-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Okay, if you look at this in slow motion the defender doesn't lower his shoulder or head once he's in motion. He's already coming in low. He was headed for a high hit on the ball carrier (who is considerably smaller than he is), but not a head shot. The ball carrier lowered himself and pretty much came in the path of a charging defender.
It's the equivilent of you attempting to hit me in the mid section with a bat and me ducking and getting hit in the head. Sure you hit me in the head, but you wouldn't have had I not ducked. Its not your fault I'm a nidiot. The ball carrier took a shot to the head, but had he not attempted to try to look like Barry Sanders out there by adjusting his center of gravity...he would have been alright.
Refs made the right call. Homeboy needs to learn about the basic physics involved in * an object with a mass of X increasing in momentum and coming in contact with a stationary object with a X-Y and the force that will invariably be absorbed by the stationary object.

Translation: some muff-hugga twice your size is running at cha like a bat outta hell and you're standing still and KNOW you're about to get hit...have enough common sense to get the VUGG out of the way!

Buckhalter is listed at 6'0" 223 lbs. Harrison's listed at 6'0" 242 lbs.

Ain't much size difference there, but I agree with you on the hit. I have no problem with that tackle.