PDA

View Full Version : Live Brakos82 Press Conference.

brakos82
11-09-2009, 05:17 PM
*steps up to podium*

Okay, well, uh... let's see here...

I'll tell you what we did pretty damn good today. We had some issues with some bad merging here and there, and that really hurt us there for a while, but once we got through that things looked good. I'm gonna take a look at the kid who caused the merge later on, but uh... we did have a few issues there in the 4th as well. We're obviously going to need some more preparation for the next matchup in a couple weeks and uh, hope we can get things going better during the bye. Things are looking good outside of that early turbulence, I've been really impressed with these kids yesterday.

Any questions? :)

DiehardChris
11-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Brakos - what do you think about the six thousand Larry Johnson threads that started today? Are you going to be suspending or fining anyone for repeatedly starting new LJ threads when there are already clearly several threads already started?

brakos82
11-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Brakos - what do you think about the six thousand Larry Johnson threads that started today? Are you going to be suspending or fining anyone for repeatedly starting new LJ threads when there are already clearly several threads already started?

That's a good question Chris... uh... that's definitely something I'm going to need to talk to Khari about shortly, but yes, it does seem a bit obnoxious at this point.

Yes, you in the corner there?

ObsiWan
11-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Brakos, now that the Titans have won two in a row with Young as the handoff person (I can't bring myself to call him a QB) his minions have started creeping back out of their hiding places and making noise again. Is there anything you can do to stop this before it becomes insufferable? And more along the gameplan front, what will we have to do to stop the Titans' real threat, Chris Johnson?
:)

DiehardChris
/channeling John McClain and interrupting the person in the corner

Brakos - one more - there's been a lot of talk about releasing slatonisabeast. Obviously he's just a rookie and has room to grow, but do you think his potential outweighs the problems he's had to this point?

Mr. White
Do you wish you had Vinny in the lineup now that we see what he's doing on the 49er's board?

DiehardChris
11-09-2009, 05:34 PM
/punches ObsiWan in the face and eats his sandwich!!!

False Start
11-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Brakos......

I've noticed your gameday threads start off kind of slow, and then pick up in the later pages, will you change your threadplan to try and get this problem resolved?

Porky
11-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Brakos, do you think you should have hurried the mods and created another thread quickly before threeputtsam had time to regroup and say the Texans are losers again?

brakos82
11-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Brakos, now that the Titans have won two in a row with Young as the handoff person (I can't bring myself to call him a QB) his minions have started creeping back out of their hiding places and making noise again. Is there anything you can do to stop this before it becomes insufferable? And more along the gameplan front, what will we have to do to stop the Titans' real threat, Chris Johnson?
:)

Well from the last time we've played our defense has really started coming together, and we've been keeping an eye on Tennessee for a while now. They probably weren't as bad as their 0-6 record showed, and right now they're making up for that. Chris is one hell of a kid, and that's going to be our number one defensive priority going into the bye.

/channeling John McClain and interrupting the person in the corner

Brakos - one more - there's been a lot of talk about releasing slatonisabeast. Obviously he's just a rookie and has room to grow, but do you think his potential outweighs the problems he's had to this point?

Well I'll you what Chris, I think this kid's got a lot of potential, but he's been having quite a few fumbling problems with his posting. I think he's gonna be good, but we're gonna be working with him on Wednesday, hopefully we can get somewhere. I don't think we'll be looking at cuts until the off-season though.

Do you wish you had Vinny in the lineup now that we see what he's doing on the 49er's board?

He's been doing good over there for San Francisco, and obviously I wish we had 22 pro-bowlers on this team, but we win some, we lose some. The way that board's looking though, he's a real good fit over there.

Uh, security...

brakos82
11-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Brakos......

I've noticed your gameday threads start off kind of slow, and then pick up in the later pages, will you change your threadplan to try and get this problem resolved?

That has been a real problem so far getting things started early on. I think we'll have a much better shot next week considering we're not up against a great team like Indy. We might also need to get started well before the game starts next week as well.

Brakos, do you think you should have hurried the mods and created another thread quickly before threeputtsam had time to regroup and say the Texans are losers again?

Um... well... at the beginning things just looked like a bit of overreaction from him, but the way things have panned out since we do need to look over his posts and take critical action if we decide to do so.

DiehardChris
11-09-2009, 05:44 PM
brakos, do you think you should have hurried the mods and created another thread quickly before threeputtsam had time to regroup and say the texans are losers again?

lolol

brakos82
11-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Do we have any other questions?

Texan_Bill
11-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Do we have any other questions?

Are you planning on cutting PapaL??

ObsiWan
11-09-2009, 05:47 PM
/whips out the lightsaber and cuts off DiehardChris's hand as Vader did to young Luke Skywalker
/uses the Force to retrieve his sandwich.

DiehardChris
11-09-2009, 05:49 PM
/whips out the lightsaber and cuts off DiehardChris's hand as Vader did to young Luke Skywalker

:spit::spit::spit:

brakos82
11-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Are you planning on cutting PapaL??

Uh.... I take it you didn't get the memo?

More security please... :foottap:

False Start
11-09-2009, 05:51 PM
That has been a real problem so far getting things started early on. I think we'll have a much better shot next week considering we're not up against a great team like Indy. We might also need to get started well before the game starts next week as well.

So that's what you liked about yesterdays thread, and the other stuff is filed away somewhere else? :shades: :thinking:

brakos82
11-09-2009, 05:52 PM
So that's what you liked about yesterdays thread, and the other stuff is filed away somewhere else? :shades: :thinking:

Well it's not like I'm gonna post my playbook on the Internet or anything.

Porky
11-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Brakos at the half way point of the season would you say that Porky is your most valuable poster and will you try to sign him to a long term extension in the offseason or would you risk letting him become a posting free agent and sign with another board and risk him coming back and talking smack next year?

SAMURAITEXAN
11-09-2009, 05:56 PM
What happen to your game time thread winning streak? And, what would you do different next time to prevent from L?

SAMURAITEXAN - Japan Sometimes(not Japan Times)

ObsiWan
11-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Well it's not like I'm gonna post my playbook on the Internet or anything.

well, if this isn't YOUR playbook, who's did I steal?
(oops, must control outside voice!)

FirstTexansFan
11-09-2009, 05:58 PM
I feel like I should contribute to this thread but as I've been on the practice squad since 2004 I feel I'm still not prepared :)

ObsiWan
11-09-2009, 06:00 PM

Um... well... at the beginning things just looked like a bit of overreaction from him, but the way things have panned out since we do need to look over his posts and take critical action if we decide to do so.

are you talking negative rep or a simple /ignore?

brakos82
11-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Brakos at the half way point of the season would you say that Porky is your most valuable poster and will you try to sign him to a long term extension in the offseason or would you risk letting him become a posting free agent and sign with another board and risk him coming back and talking smack next year?

Well we're definitely going to take a look at re-signings at the start of the off-season, hopefully in February. I wouldn't call anybody an MVP of the team, but we've had our stand-outs this season.

What happen to your game time thread winning streak? And, what would you do different next time to prevent from L?

SAMURAITEXANS - Japan Sometimes(not Japan Times)

Well our biggest issue was early on around 11 or so when we had that merge-up with one of Brandon's threads, and that caused some havoc in our gameplan.

well, if this isn't YOUR playbook, who's did I steal?
(oops, must control outside voice!)

Heh, no idea... :tiphat:

brakos82
11-09-2009, 06:02 PM
I feel like I should contribute to this thread but as I've been on the practice squad since 2004 I feel I'm still not prepared :)

Yeah, we've been waiting for our practice squad guys to really spark up here lately, and we've had a couple move up into the main line-up. Hopefully you can make it up here.

are you talking negative rep or a simple /ignore?

We'll figure that out once we get there, but like I said, only if we decide to do so.

brakos82
11-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Okay, I'm gonna have to go now, but I should be back later this week.

redwhiteANDblue
11-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Coach Brakos! Do you think we can win the super bowl? :drunk:

Kaiser Toro
11-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Brakos, what have you learned about game day thread starting this season?

ObsiWan
11-09-2009, 06:08 PM
one last follow-up to the Vinny question: What sort of compensation did we get from the SF boards in exchange for such an All-Pro talent? Two draft picks? Several terabytes of server space? A sizable contribution to the TT msg board fund? perhaps several DVDs full of new BotD picts? :D

steelbtexan
11-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Brakos if you could pick a nickname for the trifecta of current Texans RB's what would it be?

PapaL
11-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Brakos if you could pick a nickname for the trifecta of current Texans RB's what would it be?

Fumble, Fumblia, Fumblruski.

PapaL
11-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Brakos,

When do you think you'll stop posting in my Threads?

PapaL
11-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Coach Brakos! Do you think we can win the super bowl? :drunk:

If we execute better, anything is possible.

PapaL
11-09-2009, 07:00 PM

I've learned it is a tough tough thing. Have to prepare hard through out the week. Hit the film room extra hard and put in work Mon-Sat.

awtysst
11-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Brakos,
We're gonna throw a playoffs party in my backyard. There's gonna be girls at our party, do you think we should talk to them about the playoffs?

awtysst
11-10-2009, 06:13 PM
And I killed yet another thread. Man, I am on a roll this month.

ledzeppelin229
11-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Fumble, Fumblia, Fumblruski.

I like Fumbelina, personally.

PapaL
11-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Brakos,
We're gonna throw a playoffs party in my backyard. There's gonna be girls at our party, do you think we should talk to them about the playoffs?

Girls? :turtle:

PapaL
11-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Thank You! I'll be here all day. Keep those questions coming.

Thorn
11-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Should we discontinue a manned space presence and go with more robotic craft? And speaking of our offense line, are we going to draft a Center next year?

Wolf
11-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Should we discontinue a manned space presence and go with more robotic craft? And speaking of our offense line, are we going to draft a Center next year?

cyberball?
http://www.videogamey.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/cyberball.gif

Joe Texan
11-10-2009, 08:42 PM
(wakes up on the floor)

HMM where the hell am I

what did I eat?

(scratches head)

:yikes:

GlassHalfFull
11-10-2009, 08:45 PM
(wakes up on the floor)

HMM where the hell am I

what did I eat?

(scratches head)

Are you and Bill just getting home from Sunday?? How was treasures?

GP
11-10-2009, 08:58 PM
All Brakos82 did was tap the podium and make mean faces.

Weak.

ObsiWan
11-10-2009, 10:54 PM
where's the real food?
all Brakos set out was potato chips and cocktail weinies...
...reeeal weak
:foottap:

Signed, John McClain

SAMURAITEXAN
11-10-2009, 11:21 PM
where's the real food?
...reeeal weak

Signed, John McClain

Don't forget. There was diet beer as well.

sbalderrama
11-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Brakos,

I thought the end of this was gonna be "are we living the high life?"

Clearly I hear too many commercials.

GP
11-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Don't forget. There was diet beer as well.

LOL.

Good one.

(McClain with a very angry look on his face, shoving his glasses farther up the bridge of his nose)

Malloy
11-11-2009, 04:01 AM
'Throws shoe at Brakos!'

brakos82
11-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Coach Brakos! Do you think we can win the super bowl?

Well, uh... we'll do our best to get there, but you know how things go.

Well, I noticed that it's a good thing to keep at it, because things have been pretty damn good so far.

one last follow-up to the Vinny question: What sort of compensation did we get from the SF boards in exchange for such an All-Pro talent? Two draft picks? Several terabytes of server space? A sizable contribution to the TT msg board fund? perhaps several DVDs full of new BotD picts? :D

We're not ready to release that information quite yet, but you'll hear when we are.

Well I'm not the one that hands out nicknames. You should talk to the PR department.

Brakos,

When you get away from my podium. :bat:

Brakos,

Playoffs?! You wanna talk about... Playoffs?!

And I killed yet another thread. Man, I am on a roll this month.

As long as you keep your thread killing out of the gameday threads, I don't care.

It's a good idea, but I'm still worried about the AI's flexibility, so we'll keep our 5 guys in there until we can get that fixed. And we're also looking at taking a center around the 2nd, maybe trade down our 1st to pick up an early 3rd.

(wakes up on the floor)

HMM where the hell am I

what did I eat?

(scratches head)

You're at my press conference. And I dunno what you ate, but it's in PapaL's seat now.

All Brakos82 did was tap the podium and make mean faces.

Weak.

where's the real food?
...reeeal weak

Signed, John McClain

Hey, I put out some Oreo's.

'Throws shoe at Brakos!'

:tomato: Security...

Texan_Bill
11-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Brakos,

If we execute better, anything is possible.

I've learned it is a tough tough thing. Have to prepare hard through out the week. Hit the film room extra hard and put in work Mon-Sat.

Girls? :turtle:

Thank You! I'll be here all day. Keep those questions coming.

Brakos,

I thought PapaL was /cut(??)

Ryan
11-11-2009, 11:33 AM
brakos, first off i still trust you as our thread starter. We had some bad penalties made this week by some other fellow posters, but hopefully this week you'll be the only thread starter or there will be no merge.

Were the Colts who you thought they were?

Joe Texan
11-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Oh now I remember, Brakos, the Coach failed to call a play resulting in another Red flag blunder for this team, Can you tell me just how many times the coach has blown the red flag situatiuons and why we have to lose games because of it.

brakos82
11-11-2009, 11:41 AM
brakos, first off i still trust you as our thread starter. We had some bad penalties made this week by some other fellow posters, but hopefully this week you'll be the only thread starter or there will be no merge.

Were the Colts who you thought they were?

Well we knew this one was gonna be a tough one going into Indy, but the penalties really killed us, especially that one in the 4th that ended up giving the Colts a new set of downs.

Brakos,

I thought PapaL was /cut(??)

He was. He just has nothing better to do. He's not on the payroll, so don't worry about it.

brakos82
11-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Oh now I remember, Brakos, the Coach failed to call a play resulting in another Red flag blunder for this team, Can you tell me just how many times the coach has blown the red flag situatiuons and why we have to lose games because of it.

I'm not sure how much that call really resided on the coach. We talked with our guys upstairs and they didn't see any problems at the time, but obviously Indy's booth saw something we didn't and called us out on it.

badboy
11-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Brakos if you could pick a nickname for the trifecta of current Texans RB's what would it be?May I suggest, UH OH, OH NO ! and WHO?

badboy
11-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Brakos, I realize we have had 5 positive posts and 4 that were actually not winners but could have gone the other way. Having said that, I like to look to the future. Have you noticed any posters on other message boards that might give up that MB and come to ours? If we could get a starting thread starter, I'd be willing to give up two seconds and any future posts about Sage Rosenfels. I know it's early, but no way can I focus on just this thread.

brakos82
11-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Brakos, I realize we have had 5 positive posts and 4 that were actually not winners but could have gone the other way. Having said that, I like to look to the future. Have you noticed any posters on other message boards that might give up that MB and come to ours? If we could get a starting thread starter, I'd be willing to give up two seconds and any future posts about Sage Rosenfels. I know it's early, but no way can I focus on just this thread.

We've been looking at bringing in Kastofsna as a full-time poster, and hoping for the best. Also I have to wonder what somebody like Bulluck53 could bring to the table for us too. As far as starting out of the gate goes, we've been working on that in practice lately.

drewmar74
11-11-2009, 01:56 PM
So, Brakos, what's happening? Aahh, now, are you going to go ahead and have those injury reports for us this afternoon?

Also, we're gonna need to go ahead and move your thread downstairs into the No Sports Talk Allowed forum. We have some new threads coming in, and we need all the space we can get. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your stuff and move it down there, that would be terrific, OK?

Big Lou
11-11-2009, 02:12 PM
cyberball?
http://www.videogamey.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/cyberball.gif

Holy Crap I can't believe that you posted this. I haven't though about Cyberball in like 14 years, but it popped in my head over the weekend.

I loved that game, I used to play it all the time at Baybrook Mall.

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!

brakos82
11-11-2009, 02:13 PM
So, Brakos, what's happening? Aahh, now, are you going to go ahead and have those injury reports for us this afternoon?

Also, we're gonna need to go ahead and move your thread downstairs into the No Sports Talk Allowed forum. We have some new threads coming in, and we need all the space we can get. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your stuff and move it down there, that would be terrific, OK?
Bob, get out from behind John McClain...

Showtime100
11-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Bob, get out from behind John McClain...

Tall order :peek:

brakos82
11-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Tall order :peek:
Heh heh...

badboy
11-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Brakos, do you have any movie offers that we fans desperately want you to inform us about? If so, will you please talk on and on and..

brakos82
11-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Brakos, do you have any movie offers that we fans desperately want you to inform us about? If so, will you please talk on and on and..
Umm... no, can't say I do. Well, besides standing on this podium talking to mindless *coughmcclaincough* people of course.

PapaL
11-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Brakos,

How do you feel about the infidels?

brakos82
11-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Brakos,

How do you feel about the infidels?

Well we've been studying game film this week on Tennessee, and we should be ready for them come next Monday.

badboy
11-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Well we've been studying game film this week on Tennessee, and we should be ready for them come next Monday.Brakos, are you concerned that if your posts do not quickly improve this message board Hook'em Horns may not allow you to be with us next season?

brakos82
11-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Brakos, are you concerned that if your posts do not quickly improve this message board Hook'em Horns may not allow you to be with us next season?

Well we've been talking over our history together so unless things turn way downhill I think I'll be here at least through 2010.

ObsiWan
11-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Well we've been talking over our history together so unless things turn way downhill I think I'll be here at least through 2010.

Isn't that the same as the dreaded "Vote of confidence"?

brakos82
11-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Isn't that the same as the dreaded "Vote of confidence"?

Well yes, I did vote in the elections this year. But I don't think any of my picks got elected. :thinking:

76Texan
11-14-2009, 11:32 AM

:spit:

Any chance of an early extention, Brakos?

brakos82
11-14-2009, 11:34 AM
:spit:

Any chance of an early extention, Brakos?

That's entirely possible, but don't bank on anything.

76Texan
11-14-2009, 11:38 AM
That's entirely possible, but don't bank on anything.

Maybe it would help if you stop tapping at the side of the keyboard! :goodluck:

brakos82
11-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Maybe it would help if you stop tapping at the side of the keyboard! :goodluck:

But I need to click on stuff with the mouse pointer-thingy. :user:

ObsiWan
11-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Well yes, I did vote in the elections this year. But I don't think any of my picks got elected. :thinking:

hmmm.... maybe it's this kind of decision-making that have some un-named sources thinking that PapaL is up for your position. Comments?

brakos82
11-14-2009, 03:33 PM
hmmm.... maybe it's this kind of decision-making that have some un-named sources thinking that PapaL is up for your position. Comments?

I think we should stab bad guys. Yeah, let's stab bad guys. :pirate:

PapaL
11-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Brakos,

Do you think an established "franchise" QB throws 5 picks in a game?

Vinny
11-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Hey Brakos, I'm finally off IR....I thought you said I couldn't lose my starting job to injury? What gives?

brakos82
11-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Brakos,

Do you think an established "franchise" QB throws 5 picks in a game?

Only if he throws 8 TD's as well. But if you're hinting at what I think you are, then no.

Hey Brakos, I'm finally off IR....I thought you said I couldn't lose my starting job to injury? What gives?

Well Khari's been performing great so far, no pun intended, and why ruin a good thing?

Vinny
11-15-2009, 09:12 AM

Well Khari's been performing great so far, no pun intended, and why ruin a good thing?
PFT's rumor mill has it that Khari offered you a smiley. What's gonna happen when Roger Goodell hears about this?

Wolf
11-15-2009, 09:32 AM
He was. He just has nothing better to do. He's not on the payroll, so don't worry about it.

so /papaL

http://www.yunasville.com/img/102005/milton.jpg

ObsiWan
11-15-2009, 09:52 AM

See the Drew Bledsoe/Tom Brady episode of "Dear Modern Day NFL,"... there's a valuable "what have you done for me lately" lesson hidden inside.
:D

brakos82
11-15-2009, 04:51 PM
PFT's rumor mill has it that Khari offered you a smiley. What's gonna happen when Roger Goodell hears about this?

I have no idea what you're talking about. :user:

brakos82
11-15-2009, 04:51 PM
so /papaL

http://www.yunasville.com/img/102005/milton.jpg

Yeaaaaah, ummmmmmmmm... we're gonna have to move you to Storage B... yeah....

PapaL
11-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays.

brakos82
11-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays.
Yep. Now go away before I knock you into next Monday.

badboy
11-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Brakos, is there any truth to the rumor that you have been looking through little holes in hotel room doors recently?