PDA

View Full Version : Crow Time!

Texecutioner
11-09-2009, 02:57 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/nickms/crowpic.gif

Well, it's officially that time to where I have to own up and eat some crow on behalf of Jacoby Jones. He still scares the hell out of me at times, but the guy continues to make plays in every game somehow and he really came through with some more important plays yesterday and stepped up for the Texans in Daniels absence. I've been very critical of the guy in the past and bashed him pretty hard at times and didn't really think he would ever start really rising up to his potential, but he is improving more and more and is helping this team. Now I have not been alone in this either though, so for all of the other folks in here that have wanted Jones thrown off of a cliff or a bus like I have in the past, come on guys own up a little and enjoy some of these bacon wrapped crow bites! Yummy!

Texan_Bill
11-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Still scares the ever living bejeeeeezus out of me with regards to returns. That said, I have to agree with Tex on this....

Malloy
11-09-2009, 03:04 PM
JJ has been a pleasant surprise this season, both on SS and Offense. I have a feeling that AJ has influenced him in a good way.

m5kwatts
11-09-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't wanna gloat and sound like a jerk but for the record I was never critical and always looked at JJ in a positive light.... 6'4" receivers with top end speed don't grow on trees. The kid has become a receiver other than a returner which was the next step in his career. The next step will be upping his snap count to 50-75% of the plays... Whether or not he does remains to be seen

TimeKiller
11-09-2009, 03:06 PM
My only problem with him was the fumbling last year. Same reason I'm down on Slaton right now. I don't think I should be eating crow but this can be me trying some crow soup for being down on him last year. JJ is making it happen and since he's devouring what's on his plate right now....maybe hit the dude up a little more. He and AJ out wide with KW in the slot makes me hurl. That's the most disgusting WR set ever.

HOU-TEX
11-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Well, he did drop that one ball..............:hides:

Texecutioner
11-09-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't wanna gloat and sound like a jerk but for the record I was never critical and always looked at JJ in a positive light.... 6'4" receivers with top end speed don't grow on trees. The kid has become a receiver other than a returner which was the next step in his career. The next step will be upping his snap count to 50-75% of the plays... Whether or not he does remains to be seen

Well good for you and you may gloat away :thisbig:. This is a case where I am happy to have been wrong and will gladly continue to CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP! :chef:

Thorn
11-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Slaton scares me more about dropping the ball than JJ does these days.

I'm glad JJ turned it around, and I was one of those that were hard on him as well.

brakos82
11-09-2009, 03:21 PM
It's a bit salty actually... :thinking:

BigBull17
11-09-2009, 03:53 PM

Well, it's officially that time to where I have to own up and eat some crow on behalf of Jacoby Jones. He still scares the hell out of me at times, but the guy continues to make plays in every game somehow and he really came through with some more important plays yesterday and stepped up for the Texans in Daniels absence. I've been very critical of the guy in the past and bashed him pretty hard at times and didn't really think he would ever start really rising up to his potential, but he is improving more and more and is helping this team. Now I have not been alone in this either though, so for all of the other folks in here that have wanted Jones thrown off of a cliff or a bus like I have in the past, come on guys own up a little and enjoy some of these bacon wrapped crow bites! Yummy!

At this point, I don't know why Andre Davis is still used as much as he is. JJ does everything he does, but is a better reciever. Davis is undersized, and can't play the slot because he turns like an Aircraft Carrier. Almost a wasted roster spot, except he's a decent gunner.

50boys
11-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Was I the only one scared to death with JJ catching those punts and kickoffs in the sun yesterday. I was saying a prayer. He made me proud though.

disaacks3
11-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Jacoby one-on-one is a matchup we can exploit againt all but a very select few CBs out there. Without safety help (achieved by putting Andre in the slot on the same side, the Texans should be able to exploit this to death.

Crow "tastes like chicken"! :chicken:

Mr. White
11-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Are there any drumsticks left?

Marcus
11-09-2009, 04:37 PM

While you're chomping away, do you still want Kubiak fired? Just thought I'd ask. :)

Texecutioner
11-09-2009, 04:47 PM
While you're chomping away, do you still want Kubiak fired? Just thought I'd ask. :)

I'm still not a fan of Kubes. Not at all. I think he's a glorified OC that is a head coach right now. I don't like a lot of his decisions that he's made this year and I think many of them have hurt this team especially in the win/loss column. Yesterday was a perfect example of that with how he nor anyone else was prepared for that situation where they needed to run a quick play so the Colts couldn't challenge. That was another big lapse that ended up hurting the outcome of the game.

This isn't a thread about Kubes though. This is a thread about Jacoby Jones and how many of us have doubted him and bashed the guy a lot and I think it's at the point where we or most of us can all agree that he's improved a lot and might not be a great player, but he's at least a player that we can expect to help us each week and I'm happy about that.

Wolf
11-09-2009, 05:36 PM
it is the power of the hair

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/174162/JonesJacoby.jpg

Wolf
11-09-2009, 05:43 PM
a better pic
http://images.chron.com/photos/2009/09/20/18395965/600xPopupGallery.jpg

BigTimeTexanFan
11-09-2009, 06:59 PM
At this point, I don't know why Andre Davis is still used as much as he is. JJ does everything he does, but is a better reciever. Davis is undersized, and can't play the slot because he turns like an Aircraft Carrier. Almost a wasted roster spot, except he's a decent gunner.

I completely agree. Jones has overtaken Davis as a wide receiver. The thing that stands out to me is his ability to catch the long passes down the field in stride. He has done it time and time again this season. Davis has good speed, but it's 50/50 if he catches those same passes.

Fox
11-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Posted on this very subject a few days ago, I've been pleasantly surprised by JJ this year and wasn't expecting that to be the case.

ObsiWan
11-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Well good for you and you may gloat away :thisbig:. This is a case where I am happy to have been wrong and will gladly continue to CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP! :chef:
Rep for starting this thread and admitting you might have been a bit premature regarding J.J.
:clap::clap::clap:

Joe Texan
11-10-2009, 10:59 AM
http://thm-a01.yimg.com/image/314fdc1da7ad04bc

mmmmm CHOMP CHOMP GULP

i AME EATING MY cROW FOR THE tEXANS lOSING TO THE cOLTS

NitroGSXR
11-10-2009, 11:09 AM

Jacoby Jones HAS looked great but I'll not jump on the eating crow bandwagon yet. He's only had 13 receptions this year. He still bobbles the football on the returns. Until he firmly catches the ball 10-15 times in a row... I'll continue to be on the trade Jacoby Jones bandwagon. In fact, I think that's why they've really limited his receptions thus far. They know he's a liability but they've got to give him some premiere catches to get someone to bite this offseason. He sure is fun to watch once he's got the ball in his hands though. I think I wish we'd utilize him as a slot receiver or a slot back (which is ridiculous but give him a little space and see what he does with it). I bet he makes things happen.

Go Texans!