PDA

View Full Version : Ptsd

hadaad
11-09-2009, 10:14 AM
I didn't get a chance to watch the game this week. However, when I found out how the Texans lost, by missing a last-second field goal chance, my reaction was, "Of course they did." It wasn't a sarcastic thought, or an angry one. Just acceptance.

I was pulled back to the powder-blue days of my youth, when Warren Moon was still lighting up the scoreboard. How many times did I hear about a failed field goal try losing the game for my beloved Oilers?

Al Del Greco. There, I said it. The only football player to play for a team I rooted for that I actually hated. I mean, hated.

If you could never count on the weather, and you could never count on anything else, you could always count on good ol' ADG to come in with the game on the line and miss the kick.

God, but I hate football sometimes.

DerekLee1
11-09-2009, 10:23 AM
I didn't get a chance to watch the game this week. However, when I found out how the Texans lost, by missing a last-second field goal chance, my reaction was, "Of course they did." It wasn't a sarcastic thought, or an angry one. Just acceptance.

I was pulled back to the powder-blue days of my youth, when Warren Moon was still lighting up the scoreboard. How many times did I hear about a failed field goal try losing the game for my beloved Oilers?

Al Del Greco. There, I said it. The only football player to play for a team I rooted for that I actually hated. I mean, hated.

If you could never count on the weather, and you could never count on anything else, you could always count on good ol' ADG to come in with the game on the line and miss the kick.

God, but I hate football sometimes.

Automatic Al? Really? Funny, I don't remember it that way.

El Tejano
11-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Ummm....no! Al was called Automatic Al as the above poster posted and he was with the organization for many many years. I do recall Al bouncing a FG off the uprights in his first debut, only to comeback in the same game and beat the Cowgirls. Al has always said in this league it is "What have you done for me lately" when it comes to kickers.

Hookem Horns
11-09-2009, 10:33 AM
You thinking of Ian Howfield?

DiehardChris
11-09-2009, 11:02 AM
The Oilers always had good kickers - unless it was clutch (which is really the only time a kicker can prove his worth).

I don't remember ADG being a good clutch kicker. I don't remember Tony Z being a good clutch kicker. I do remember Ian Howfield very well, sigh.

KB has been a breath of fresh air, because he's always been clutch... until yesterday. You have to make a 42 yarder, man. Still, more times than not - he's clutch and he'll bounce back.