PDA

View Full Version : Texas Renaissance Festival, Anyone Interested?

GlassHalfFull
11-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Bill may or may not remember this, but he put me in charge of organizing an outing to the Texas Renaissance Festival for the upcoming weekend. Chime in if you are interested and which day would work best, Sat or Sun.

Link for info http://www.texrenfest.com/home.html

Ticket prices http://www.texrenfest.com/buytickets.html

Texan_Bill
11-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Bill may or may not remember this, but he put me in charge of organizing an outing to the Texas Renaissance Festival for the upcoming weekend. Chime in if you are interested and which day would work best, Sat or Sun.

Link for info http://www.texrenfest.com/home.html

Ticket prices http://www.texrenfest.com/buytickets.html

I don't remember, but I'm game to go.... So let's go!!!

GlassHalfFull
11-09-2009, 12:18 PM
I don't remember, but I'm game to go.... So let's go!!!

Ahem, which day? Probably Sat is best for me. But could make Sun work.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Ahem, which day? Probably Sat is best for me. But could make Sun work.

Beer wenches and belly dancers? Hell, I don't care if it's Saturday or Sunday!! You tell me!

bigbrewster2000
11-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Damn you guys for picking one of the only weekends that I wont be there. Any chance you guys push it to the following weekend?

Vinnie
11-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I was going to be there regardless with my family, let me know about where you guys usually hang out (Warfside, Sherwood, etc.). I'd love to drop in and introduce myself.

*edit* I'll be there Saturday

Joe Texan
11-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Acdc

GP
11-10-2009, 10:08 PM
This is weird.

Are you guys FOR REAL or you just B.S'ing and stuff?

I'm confused.

Of course, I dress up in WWII stuff and do that whole gig...so who am I to make jokes, eh?

I want to see Joe Texan in tights. Not really.

AnthonyE
11-11-2009, 02:09 AM
I'll likely be going saturday anyway.

I'd love to meet you guys!

GlassHalfFull
11-11-2009, 08:11 AM
This is weird.

I'm confused.

Of course, I dress up in WWII stuff and do that whole gig...so who am I to make jokes, eh?

I want to see Joe Texan in tights. Not really.

Other than Joe, I don't think the rest of us are planning on dressing up. We are going for the expensive beer, turkey legs and atmosphere.

Texan_Bill
11-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Other than Joe, I don't think the rest of us are planning on dressing up. We are going for the expensive beer, turkey legs and atmosphere.

There's a very good chance I won't make it.... Reference Joe's post below:

Acdc

hobie
11-11-2009, 10:30 AM
There's a very good chance I won't make it.... Reference Joe's post below:

ACDC played Sunday at the Toyota Center....unless there is a second show.

Texan_Bill
11-11-2009, 10:31 AM
ACDC played Sunday at the Toyota Center....unless there is a second show.

There was a little accident leaving Toyota Center Sunday night.

GlassHalfFull
11-11-2009, 10:33 AM
There was a little accident leaving Toyota Center Sunday night.

Posting from jail again?? Please expound, inquiring minds want to know.

Texan_Bill
11-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Posting from jail again?? Please expound, inquiring minds want to know.

A certain face plant took place, rendering me concussed and looking like a one eyed punch drunk fighter.

GlassHalfFull
11-11-2009, 10:36 AM
A certain face plant took place, rendering me concussed and looking like a one eyed punch drunk fighter.

Sorry to hear that. Take care. :rake:

Texan_Bill
11-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Sorry to hear that. Take care. :rake:

Thanks!!

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k325/Texan_Bill/Miscellaneous/IMG_0195.jpg

Dread-Head
11-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Part of me IS...but I'll pass.

Dr2bKay
11-11-2009, 11:58 AM
This is weird.

I'm confused.

That makes the two of us...I was like...Who goes to a Renaissance Fest over a certain age...especially single people....Only in Texas... i guess

Do they serve drinks there? What is the appeal for adults?

GlassHalfFull
11-11-2009, 12:04 PM
That makes the two of us...I was like...Who goes to a Renaissance Fest over a certain age...especially single people....Only in Texas... i guess

Kay, it really is a blast. We haven't been in several years, but used to go regularly. We wander around, drink beer, eat too much food, go to shows and enjoy the weather. It really only works if it is a perfect fall day.

Since Bill in on the disabled list, we will probably have to call it off for this weekend.

Texan_Bill
11-11-2009, 12:06 PM

Beer wenches and belly dancers? Hell, I don't care if it's Saturday or Sunday!! You tell me!

That's reason to go at any age.

Texan_Bill
11-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Kay, it really is a blast. We haven't been in several years, but used to go regularly. We wander around, drink beer, eat too much food, go to shows and enjoy the weather. It really only works if it is a perfect fall day.

Since Bill in on the disabled list, we will probably have to call it off for this weekend.

I'm not completely out. I want to see how the knee and shoulder feel.

I'm not worried about the eye or my head. It's not as though I really had much there anyway.

Yankee_In_TX
11-11-2009, 12:22 PM
So this is not actually a thread about Bill and fairies?

On a serious note we go every year.

Plus: Lindsay has 'media' privileges which gets us some serious discounts.

The first year we went together and she didn't have that, well, $40 to get in, $10 for a map/program, $20 on food, $30 on beer..... It adds up QUICK.

Texan_Bill
11-11-2009, 12:24 PM
So this is not actually a thread about Bill and fairies?

It's about Bill and buxom beer wenches!!

SheTexan
11-11-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm off Sat and Sun, but, to much walking! Think I'll just stay at home. Gettin to damn old!!

Porky
11-11-2009, 09:42 PM
We went last weekend. Had a blast. But let me give you fair warning. We left after the fireworks and it took 2 full hours after we got to the car before we could even worry about starting the engine. So be prepared for an ungodly wait to get out of there.

Txn_in_FL
11-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm off Sat and Sun, but, to much walking! Think I'll just stay at home. Gettin to damn old!!

http://www.electroease.com/Scooter-No-Boundaries.jpg

You can ride on the handle bars. :bender:

Tedc
11-12-2009, 06:34 AM
You know, if you put a bunch of Texans stickers all over that, she might consider it.:fans:

Vinnie
11-12-2009, 07:34 AM
We went last weekend. Had a blast. But let me give you fair warning. We left after the fireworks and it took 2 full hours after we got to the car before we could even worry about starting the engine. So be prepared for an ungodly wait to get out of there.

A crap, I'd hoped they'd fixed that situation. Oh well, we have to leave by about 4 anyway, so hopefully we won't run into that.

bigbrewster2000
11-12-2009, 08:36 AM
A crap, I'd hoped they'd fixed that situation. Oh well, we have to leave by about 4 anyway, so hopefully we won't run into that.

You wont run into that at 4. You might get the beginning of it at 5 and then its full blast from 6 to 8. You can avoid a good chunk of it if you go up to the camping entrance and park there. The camping entrance is the one just north of the main entrance.

gwallaia
11-12-2009, 12:32 PM
The camping entrance....

I've heard stories from several people about the "activities" that take place at the campground after hours. A lot of the people who work the Festival spend the weekends at the campground. There's quite a bit of hippy loving and mushroom haze things going on.

Porky
11-12-2009, 12:44 PM
The parking is terrible. We started walking to the car about 6:15. Got to the car about 6:30. It was 9pm when we finally got out of the lot and onto 1774. That is pathetic. What I noticed was no cops out there directing traffic. They had a couple of guys with flashlights on the road and any time a car was coming they would stop the people leaving and let the car pass. Why not stop those people for a few minutes? Hell, I literally had a 12 yr old girl with me who had to drop her drawers and take a pee in public because she couldn't hold it anymore. I also had to let it hang out and take a whiz. I mean come on. An hour....maybe. But 3 hours to clear a parking lot? Someone needed to get ***** slapped.

bigbrewster2000
11-12-2009, 05:08 PM
I've heard stories from several people about the "activities" that take place at the campground after hours. A lot of the people who work the Festival spend the weekends at the campground. There's quite a bit of hippy loving and mushroom haze things going on.

LOL. It's not really like that. There are cops on the premises. There is some pretty heavy drinking that occurs at the bonfire. But the majority of the people that work there stay in different camping areas away from the patrons. I have friends that work there. Sound and Fury. They are awesome. They are straight down to the left when you walk in the front gate. They share the stage with the magician that doesnt talk. Arsene. He is really good too.

Dr2bKay
11-12-2009, 05:19 PM

What in the 1960's is going on at this event...

I did want to ask if this is a diverse event? Or will I be out of place?

Texecutioner
11-12-2009, 05:31 PM
What in the 1960's is going on at this event...

It's just a Renaissance Festival where families show up and watch performances of old knights going to battle in a friendly fascion and where kids can get their faces painted and enjoy activities like jousting and other things like that. There will be different foods out there like turkey legs and many other things that people eat at festivals. There will be people employed there that are dressed up and most likely playing into character.

Festivals do not discriminate against race. They just want your money and want you to have a good time.

Joe Texan
11-13-2009, 12:41 AM
ac/dc

Tedc
11-13-2009, 06:22 AM

There are plenty of short people there. You will fit right in.:handshake:

AnthonyE
11-14-2009, 04:15 AM
There are plenty of short people there. You will fit right in.:handshake:

Like me! Standing a towering 5'4", one can notice me walking from a mile away.

Anyway, I don't know if people are still going to this, but I'm definitely going. Will be there from about 10 to 3:30, so if you see a short mexican in a White, faded Demeco Ryans jersey. That's me. Feel free to say hello. :)

Andrew6
11-14-2009, 04:51 AM
I've never been but looks like the only date I'll be able to go is the weekend after thanksgiving. Anyone down?