PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Texans

powerfuldragon
11-08-2009, 11:56 PM
For making our games fun to watch again.

that's all.

m5kwatts
11-09-2009, 12:29 AM
What was fun about today's game? That was the most painful ending to a Texans game in recent memory.

Hookem Horns
11-09-2009, 12:48 AM
I agree with powerfuldragon. I don't know if "fun" is the best word to describe it however I did feel something today that I haven't felt since 1994, the last competitive year of the Oilers. That nervous feeling of rooting for a legitimate contending team going on the road to play against a heavy favorite hoping for an upset.

Until this week the Texans have never in their history been considered any kind of contender. This loss doesn't change any of that. Actually it only confirmed in my mind that they are a legitimate team now.

powerfuldragon
11-09-2009, 01:03 AM
I agree with powerfuldragon. I don't know if "fun" is the best word to describe it however I did feel something today that I haven't felt since 1994, the last competitive year of the Oilers. That nervous feeling of rooting for a legitimate contending team going on the road to play against a heavy favorite hoping for an upset.

Until this week the Texans have never in their history been considered any kind of contender. This loss doesn't change any of that. Actually it only confirmed in my mind that they are a legitimate team now.

exactly. i haven't been on tenterhooks like this since 19-10... it's nice.

Carr Bombed
11-09-2009, 01:20 AM
What was fun about today's game? That was the most painful ending to a Texans game in recent memory.

Rosencopter game was pretty much yesterday...I swear some of y'all have alzheimer's. I mean yes IT SUCKED BALLS, but we all checked this off as a loss before the year started...

:) Y'all should've been trashing the team during the Jets and Jags home losses like I was, instead of trashing me and a few others for "hopping off a bandwagon" :rolleyes:....those were the losses where Houston fell behind the 8 ball for the playoffs........ Those were the losses to get pissy and upset about...not this one.

Hell I'm not even upset at the team for this loss :).....It was expected. I'm actually optimistic that they're now on the right track with that defense and I couldn't even say that last year or earlier this year..

"the most painful ending to a Texans game in recent memory",...I can think of alot worse. This is what happens when you see a couple of people trip out early in the season and you tell them to "calm down....it's early in the season". If the Texans took care of business early in the season nobody would be pissing and moaning right now, but none of that really matters anymore. The thing that matters right now is that for the first time since forever they're building a legit kick ass defense.....so let's see where that takes us.

Sal Rosenberg
11-09-2009, 01:36 AM
GET TO THA CHOPPA!!!:kingkong:

powerfuldragon
11-09-2009, 01:51 AM

what's the matter dillon, cia got you pushing too many pencils?

Malloy
11-09-2009, 01:52 AM
Agree!

Sal Rosenberg
11-09-2009, 01:55 AM
what's the matter dillon, cia got you pushing too many pencils?

I woke up. Why don't you?

powerfuldragon
11-09-2009, 01:58 AM
We're a rescue team, not assassins.

wagonhed
11-09-2009, 02:34 AM
I guess that depends on your definition of fun.

Malloy
11-09-2009, 03:03 AM
I guess that depends on your definition of fun.

Excitement?

ATXtexanfan
11-09-2009, 04:41 AM
I walked into the stadium for the jets game with a nice buzz. By halftime I was sober and depressed. Other than that the games have been great. Jags game was the gut wrencher.

ObsiWan
11-09-2009, 05:31 AM

I can see where the others are coming from.

I ask you, what do you think is worse, this type of game where we're in it until the last second.
(and if you saw the post-game presser, The Forehead (Manning) KNEW they were lucky to escape with their lives!)

or

one of the past Colts beatdowns where we're pretty much out of the game by halftime and we're all looking for something else to watch.

Mark my words, the Colts knew they were in a fight today. We've gone from an "easy win" to an "oh sh!t, we have to play THEM again!?" game for everyone on the schedule

now if we can just get Schaub not to throw so many INTs.....

DexmanC
11-09-2009, 05:56 AM
I can see where the others are coming from. What's worse, this type of game where we're in it until the last second.
...and if you saw the post-game presser, The Forehead (Manning) KNEW they were lucky to escape with their lives!

or

one of the past Colts beatdowns where we're pretty much out of the game by halftime and we're all looking for something else to watch.

Mark my words, the Colts knew they were in a fight today. We've gone from an "easy win" to an "oh sh!t, we have to play THEM again!?" game for everyone on the schedule

now if we can just get Schaub not to throw so many INTs.....

..or if we can get the defense to not make silly penalties.
..or if we can not play so sloppy.

Ifs, ands, or buts, we've got a quarterback with a spine of steel,
that led us to a chance to win despite ourselves. The Texans showed
me a lot yesterday. In fact, on his last interception, if Schaub didn't
get clubbed in the head, that drive WAS going for a touchdown. We
are now a team that's good enough to go toe-to-toe with the best.
I really don't feel bad about yesterday's loss. I'm ready for Monday Night.
I remember this team when they didn't HAVE tough losses. They were
USED TO losing.

Since Kubiak got here, there is a HUNGER for winning. This is a VERY YOUNG
team we have here. They are where the Colts were about 6 years ago. It's
painful, but they are headed in "the right direction." They have yet to take
a step backwards under Kubiak. All this "FIRE EVERYBODY" bullshit needs
to stop. Richard Smith was replaced by the guy Kubiak wanted from the
beginning. Next year, this team should be top 10 in total offense AND
total defense. They've gotten THAT good. Despite the loss, the Texans
have the ability to go 12-4. I see EVERY game from here on out as a dogfight
no matter how sloppy this team plays.

SAMURAITEXAN
11-09-2009, 07:38 AM
..or if we can get the defense to not make silly penalties.
..or if we can not play so sloppy.

Ifs, ands, or buts, we've got a quarterback with a spine of steel,
that led us to a chance to win despite ourselves. The Texans showed
me a lot yesterday. In fact, on his last interception, if Schaub didn't
get clubbed in the head, that drive WAS going for a touchdown. We
are now a team that's good enough to go toe-to-toe with the best.
I really don't feel bad about yesterday's loss. I'm ready for Monday Night.
I remember this team when they didn't HAVE tough losses. They were
USED TO losing.

Since Kubiak got here, there is a HUNGER for winning. This is a VERY YOUNG
team we have here. They are where the Colts were about 6 years ago. It's
painful, but they are headed in "the right direction." They have yet to take
a step backwards under Kubiak. All this "FIRE EVERYBODY" bullshit needs
to stop. Richard Smith was replaced by the guy Kubiak wanted from the
beginning. Next year, this team should be top 10 in total offense AND
total defense. They've gotten THAT good. Despite the loss, the Texans
have the ability to go 12-4. I see EVERY game from here on out as a dogfight
no matter how sloppy this team plays.

I agree with you!

Go Texans!!!

Dread-Head
11-09-2009, 10:15 AM

[laughing maniacly]

chicagotexan2
11-09-2009, 10:43 AM
I have to agree. This team can play. I was started to be apathetic to my Texans, but I feel energized and excited again. I hated seeing them go down blow it, but I was entertained. (damn, that sounded a bit gay)

HOU-TEX
11-09-2009, 10:59 AM
I suppose I'm too emotionally involved with this team or something. I was completely drained after this game. As if someone gutted my dog in front of me.

Like the Texans, I need this bye week too.

bckey
11-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I really don't think Indianapolis is as good as their record of 8-0. Thats what they are though but they have been really lucky. They won't make it to the superbowl. I'm more worried about teams like Pittsburgh, New England and San Diego. Wouldn't it be ironic if the Texans just made the playoffs and had to go to Pittsburgh for their first ever playoff game. After the Steelers always kept the Oilers from advancing to the superbowl. I don't think this team would want to go there.

Pantherstang84
11-09-2009, 12:41 PM
I suppose I'm too emotionally involved with this team or something. I was completely drained after this game. As if someone gutted my dog in front of me.

Like the Texans, I need this bye week too.

I think we all do. I felt the same way. As if someone burned my house down and made me watch.

rollinstone18
11-09-2009, 12:48 PM
we're finally playing like we belong in the nfl. feels nice but i really wanna make the playoffs.

gotta give props to kubiak and his staff. they're really making a lot of posters here look like artards.

HOU-TEX
11-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I think we all do. I felt the same way. As if someone burned my house down and made me watch.

:spit: No doubt, huh?

I'm definitely going fishin this weekend. Gotta get Texans football out of my head for a few days.

m5kwatts
11-09-2009, 02:18 PM
ObsiWan & Carr Bombed - Reason why I thought it was the most painful and moreso than the Rosencopter game was I gave up on this one after the Schaub pick. Thought that ended the game then when we put that drive together, each reception was building more and more hope. Seemed it was destined for us to win. Really in the second half we were the better team so it shouldn't have surprised me. We had them on the ropes and just blew it. The Rosencopter game, it was the opposite in that as soon as we started turning it over, it seemed inevitable that we were going to lose. Then when it happened it was just bleh. Saw it coming.

I guess what I'm saying I'd rather have my hopes up and then shattered rather then have my hopes shattered, built back up and then shattered again. If that makes sense.