PDA

View Full Version : Game Stats

Pollardized
11-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Just looked at the stats from today's game and we actually had more net offensive yards than the Colts. Thinking back over the past few years, when we played someone like the Colts, on fire, great QB, playing at the top of their game, in their house, we got blown away ----- ALOT. The stats today show a close game all around. I was heartbroken at the end; now after a few hours, I'm thinking what that game says about our little team. These guys are on the cusp of being a very good NFL team. The Colts are the best team in the AFC without a doubt. I hate them as a rival, but respect them as a team for what they do. They got a lot of favorable calls today, but that's not their fault. I can handle a loss to the Colts. It's those dang Pats I hate to see win a game. We just think the Colts got calls today; Brady calls for his flags and the ref obliges.

I am calling it here - Texans will go 6-1 rest of the way and get in with the wild card. Our defense will continue to improve and our opponents will be POLLARDIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hradhak
11-08-2009, 10:11 PM
I think you are right that any previous Texans team would have folded when down 13-0. Instead we played well, rallied and made it a close game. We haven't been a good team long enough to know how to take care of the little things. That will come with time. The improvement from the beginning of the season to now is impressive. I think the step to playoff team now is to win games that we should win, and beat teams, like the Colts, in our house. I don't think there are too many teams in this league that we can't beat. The problem is we can't / haven't played a full 60 minutes to this point.

tedr
11-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Just looked at the stats from today's game and we actually had more net offensive yards than the Colts. Thinking back over the past few years, when we played someone like the Colts, on fire, great QB, playing at the top of their game, in their house, we got blown away ----- ALOT. The stats today show a close game all around. I was heartbroken at the end; now after a few hours, I'm thinking what that game says about our little team. These guys are on the cusp of being a very good NFL team. The Colts are the best team in the AFC without a doubt. I hate them as a rival, but respect them as a team for what they do. They got a lot of favorable calls today, but that's not their fault. I can handle a loss to the Colts. It's those dang Pats I hate to see win a game. We just think the Colts got calls today; Brady calls for his flags and the ref obliges.

I am calling it here - Texans will go 6-1 rest of the way and get in with the wild card. Our defense will continue to improve and our opponents will be POLLARDIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with this. In fact, call me a foolish optimist, but I think 7-0 is a possibility as well. These guys can play with anyone. I think two weeks from tomorrow, we will see a team beginning a roll to the playoffs.