PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young Back in the Saddle Again!

Pages : [1] 2

MojoMan
11-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Vince Young is now 2-0 since regaining his position as the starting QB for the Tennessee Titans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/schedule?team=ten).

11/1 - Tennessee 30, Jacksonville 13
11/8 - Tennessee 34, @San Francisco 27

Just saying. It is hard to argue with the results. The Titans were 0-6 before Vince Young's return. Now they are 2-6.

Could the Titans be gearing up for a late season run led by Vince Young?

Also, here is an appropriate musical accompaniment to this thread for those of you who think you might enjoy it:

Aerosmith-Back in the Saddle (Again) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_aXyStWO0)
_

Khari
11-08-2009, 07:40 PM
the niners board imploded... screw vince young

Hookem Horns
11-08-2009, 08:20 PM
He doesn't look too good, rarely has good stats however they just find ways to win when he is in there. I am not even saying he is the one responsible for the winning however whatever it is they play better when he plays. Fisher is looking like a tool about now.

Of course I still hate the Titans but I am going to stop dissing on the guy until he proves otherwise.

eriadoc
11-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Just saying. It is hard to argue with the results. The Titans were 0-6 before Vince Young's return. Now they are 2-6.

And they were 13-3 without him last year. Which results point to him being a good QB again?

MojoMan
11-08-2009, 08:26 PM
And they were 13-3 without him last year. Which results point to him being a good QB again?

The 0-6 record under Kerry Collins before he returned (Collins was the QB for the Titans during the 13-3 season you mentioned).

And the 2-0 record after he returned.

I know that it is only two games. But 2-0 is quite a contrast to 0-6.

Seriously, this could be something to keep an eye on. This is Vince's opportunity to set the record straight with all the nay-sayers, and also to turn his NFL career around.

Carr Bombed
11-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Houston better win that MNF game or this city will burn to the ground.

toronto
11-08-2009, 09:28 PM
houston better win that mnf game or this city will burn to the ground.

lol

toronto
11-08-2009, 09:36 PM
He doesn't look too good, rarely has good stats however they just find ways to win when he is in there. I am not even saying he is the one responsible for the winning however whatever it is they play better when he plays. Fisher is looking like a tool about now.

Of course I still hate the Titans but I am going to stop dissing on the guy until he proves otherwise.

This is what I essentially said on our board. Fisher made this move 2 games too late, when the season was still salvagable. Now he looks like he's lost all decisionmaking power after having Bud dictate who starts. I don't give Fisher an ounce of credit for these two wins; they belong to a team that decided it had been humiliated enough for one season.

If anything, I'd bet anything Collins would still be starting if it had been up to Fisher. I'm no VY mark, but I'm strongly starting to believe Fisher is part of the reason VY regressed so much.

Second Honeymoon
11-08-2009, 09:47 PM

Fisher was going to look bad either way this went down. If VY fails then Fisher is the owner's lackey doing his bidding. If VY succeeds (which he is) then Fisher looks like a tool for not playing VY earlier.

VY is a long way from recovery, but the dude didn't forget to play football. He just needs to get some things right in his life and show even more dedication. I have always been a VY supporter but not so naive to think he is a great QB or that he is without fault or mistake.

When Haynesworth left Tenn, he had nothing but the highest praise for Vince and said that Vince was a special QB and that he is a franchise QB, but that he would never do it in Tennessee with Fisher. He said that Fisher has a problem with Vince, and it would be best for Vince to just leave when he is offered the opportunity...and he will be.

At the end of the day, Titan's defense and offense under Vince have rallied around their owner's critical comments and demand for Vince to get in the game. Props to the Tits but 2-6 still sucks and this whole Vince thing is going to get complicated in the offseason, especially if he continues to play and the Titans continue to win. Bud would almost have to consider hte pickup of the roster bonus/balloon salary = 14.5million.

hollywood_texan
11-08-2009, 10:01 PM

You are probably right, metaphorically speaking, with regard to the Texan fans that trace their allegiance back to the "Luv Ya Blue" days. Disappointment and heartache have a lot of historical signficance.

There only so many times you can kicked in the gut when you are so close to getting over the hump. Hopefully, Kubiak understands that.

infantrycak
11-08-2009, 10:34 PM
4 turnovers by Alex Smith. Funny I didn't see VY involved in any of those plays.

Mr. White
11-08-2009, 10:37 PM
All the signs are still there that this guy will never measure up to the pre-draft hype.
Vince's problem is between his ears. I don't see that anything's changed yet.

Marcus
11-08-2009, 11:33 PM

And I will pour the gasoline and light the f'king match.

I'm curious to how he performs when the Chris Johnson running show is not working.

MojoMan
11-08-2009, 11:46 PM
The Titans host the Bills next Sunday, and then the following week is the Monday night game against the Texans.

powerfuldragon
11-08-2009, 11:49 PM
mario'd better go out there with something to prove. i'm sure he's been itching to drop vince since he eluded williams on the way to scoring that game winning td.

chicagotexan2
11-09-2009, 12:06 AM
4 turnovers by Alex Smith. Funny I didn't see VY involved in any of those plays.

Maybe not, but Alex was doing his best VY impersonation so VY was sort of involved.

kastofsna
11-09-2009, 12:20 AM
more proof that he just wins games

mexican_texan
11-09-2009, 01:38 AM
more proof that he just wins games
Rex Grossman got to the Super Bowl.

Spled
11-09-2009, 01:49 AM
Say what you will, Vince has a knack for pulling out close games.

Hookem Horns
11-09-2009, 02:04 AM
Say what you will, Vince has a knack for pulling out close games.

Actually, the people around him are pulling out games. At least that is what has happened the last 2 weeks. However the bottom line is they have won with him in there and they weren't doing that with KC. So interpret that as you may.

MojoMan
11-09-2009, 02:10 AM
Actually, the people around him are pulling out games. At least that is what has happened the last 2 weeks. However the bottom line is they have won with him in there and they weren't doing that with KC. So interpret that as you may.

How come the people around Collins were not pulling out games during the previous six contests? How come it only started happening when Vince Young lined up under center? We might just all have to begrudgingly give Vince Young a little credit here.

bah007
11-09-2009, 02:21 AM
Tennessee was successful last year because their QB did just enough to not lose games. Let the other players make plays and just manage the game.

This year, Collins was terrible. He wasn't losing games single-handedly but he sure wasn't helping.

So far, Young has done enough to not lose. That's his job. He hasn't won the games for them, but he hasn't lost them either.

Hookem Horns
11-09-2009, 02:23 AM
How come the people around Collins were not pulling out games during the previous six contests? How come it only started happening when Vince Young lined up under center? We might just all have to begrudgingly give Vince Young a little credit here.

Actually you are making my point. I am giving VY credit. I watched both games and it's pretty bizarre that when Vince is on the field good things happen, even if he isn't the one doing them.

I think it is because of his mobility. Defenses are spying on him and blowing other assignments. You can't do that with Chris Johnson on the field. The Texans really need to find a way to stack the run and force VY to beat them throwing the ball. The more pass attempts he has the more mistakes he is going to make.

Mari-OWNED!
11-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Chris Johnson has a way of winning games, not Vince Young.

ObsiWan
11-09-2009, 09:17 AM
The 0-6 record under Kerry Collins before he returned (Collins was the QB for the Titans during the 13-3 season you mentioned).

And the 2-0 record after he returned.

I know that it is only two games. But 2-0 is quite a contrast to 0-6.

Seriously, this could be something to keep an eye on. This is Vince's opportunity to set the record straight with all the nay-sayers, and also to turn his NFL career around.

OMG! Look at the stat sheets. The Titans have gone back the the formula that got them to 13-3 last year. Solid, if not superior, running game, opportunistic defense, keepng the game close (like within one score), and not asking the QB to do very much. They went back to doing what worked for them in the past.

I guess Young intercepted those three balls from Alex Smith??
It ain't Young.

Talk to me when young puts up Matt Schaub or Peyton Manning or Drew Brees passing numbers.

ObsiWan
11-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Tennessee was successful last year because their QB did just enough to not lose games. Let the other players make plays and just manage the game.

This year, Collins was terrible. He wasn't losing games single-handedly but he sure wasn't helping.

So far, Young has done enough to not lose. That's his job. He hasn't won the games for them, but he hasn't lost them either.

Exactly.
Rep for your powers of observation.

chicagotexan2
11-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Chris Johnson has a way of winning games, not Vince Young.

But Chris Johnson isn't a local legend and former UT star. That alone is all one needs to be regarded as "the one who just wins". One day I too hope to be enchanted with "the one who just wins".

Dread-Head
11-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Not impressed.

Second Honeymoon
11-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Vince is doing well but its not that surprising. He is doing what he is asked to do and that is scramble/throw for 1st downs on 3rd down, be a threat out of the backfield, run the option, and not turn the ball over.

The Haterade is so strong here, but why not just give the guy credit and realize that you buried the guy a little early. I swear sometimes the tone and bias makes me think its about him being a black QB and being from UT.

Vince is playing well. Fisher said so. The players on his team have said so. The rest of the league has said so.

Nothing wrong with eating a little crow and showing a little class.

False Start
11-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Vince Young has magical powers.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/vywizard.jpg

;)

Hookem Horns
11-09-2009, 12:00 PM
I swear sometimes the tone and bias makes me think its about him being a black QB and being from UT.

Umm, I am a Longhorns fan and my first ever favorite QB was Doug Williams (I had the jersey to prove it).

I think Texans fans hating on Vince has more to do with a.) he plays for Bud Adams and the Titans, b.) all the abuse we took as fans when the Texans didn't draft him, and the biggest reason c.) http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50748

gwallaia
11-09-2009, 12:01 PM
I think Texans fans hating on Vince has more to do with a.) he plays for Bud Adams and the Titans, b.) all the abuse we took as fans when the Texans didn't draft him, and the biggest reason c.) http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50748

I was about to type the same thing.

That sums it up exactly.

Double Barrel
11-09-2009, 12:02 PM
I swear sometimes the tone and bias makes me think its about him being a black QB and being from UT.

That's horse crap, man. This has to do with the simple fact that he's a Tennessee Titan, and showed his complete lack of class by running around Reliant yelling "This is my house!" after winning a regular season game during his rookie season. I never disliked the guy until that specific moment, and because of that, I will never like the dude now.

This is what the myopic VY lovers will never get. Some of us are Houston Texans first and foremost. College allegiance to individual players is a distant second to many in that regard.

False Start
11-09-2009, 12:12 PM

Really man? You're gonna go with the race card? That's lame bro. As other have said, hes a Titan, the whole "this is my house" thing, and the VY worshipers make me dislike the guy. I would say the same things about him if he was white.

kastofsna
11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Vince is doing well but its not that surprising. He is doing what he is asked to do and that is scramble/throw for 1st downs on 3rd down, be a threat out of the backfield, run the option, and not turn the ball over.

The Haterade is so strong here, but why not just give the guy credit and realize that you buried the guy a little early. I swear sometimes the tone and bias makes me think its about him being a black QB and being from UT.

Vince is playing well. Fisher said so. The players on his team have said so. The rest of the league has said so.

there's definitely going to be some racism and bias, but the reaction here is just common fan stuff. if Tony Romo wins a Super Bowl i don't think anyone here will give him any credit. no one likes the other team's QB, period.

HOU-TEX
11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
While I don't think VY is the answer for the titans wins, I do think we're in for another brawl in 2 weeks. Stop the run and you beat the titans. Simple as that.

Second Honeymoon
11-09-2009, 12:29 PM
for the record, i am not calling yall racists or anything like that. i just think black QBs are given a lot less patience than white QBs.

I think Vince's immaturity and sense of entitlement had more to do with his losing his job than anything else though. Maybe he learned a lesson. I still don't like his body language though.

I just hope the Texans can kick the Titans ass on MNF because if we falter, there will be hell to pay.

eriadoc
11-09-2009, 12:35 PM
for the record, i am not calling yall racists or anything like that. i just think black QBs are given a lot less patience than white QBs.

I think Vince's immaturity and sense of entitlement had more to do with his losing his job than anything else though. Maybe he learned a lesson. I still don't like his body language though.

I just hope the Texans can kick the Titans ass on MNF because if we falter, there will be hell to pay.

I think it has a lot to do with people just hate to hear a ton of hype that's BS. I don't hate Reggie Bush the player, and I didn't when he came out. I said at the time he'd be the next Eric Metcalf, which isn't bad, but it isn't a guy you spend a first round pick on.

The last couple years, I am seriously negative toward Reggie Bush, and it has very little to do with him, and everything to do with the hype machine for a guy who frankly isn't that good and hasn't earned anything.

At the risk of overgeneralizing, black QBs get a lot more hype up front before they've done anything, and for obvious reasons. Some people just get tired of hearing about how great VY is going to be, when in all honesty, if the guy was white, the media would have stopped talking about him at all by now.

So I guess race plays into it from that perspective, but the truth is, the unwarranted hype is what's created the VY "hating".

Khari
11-09-2009, 12:39 PM
i hate the colts
i hate the titans
i hate UT

that is all...i feel better now :pop:

Texan_Bill
11-09-2009, 12:44 PM
i hate the colts
i hate the titans
i hate UT

Get out of my head!!

StarStruck
11-09-2009, 02:48 PM
I think it has a lot to do with people just hate to hear a ton of hype that's BS. I don't hate Reggie Bush the player, and I didn't when he came out. I said at the time he'd be the next Eric Metcalf, which isn't bad, but it isn't a guy you spend a first round pick on.

The last couple years, I am seriously negative toward Reggie Bush, and it has very little to do with him, and everything to do with the hype machine for a guy who frankly isn't that good and hasn't earned anything.

At the risk of overgeneralizing, black QBs get a lot more hype up front before they've done anything, and for obvious reasons. Some people just get tired of hearing about how great VY is going to be, when in all honesty, if the guy was white, the media would have stopped talking about him at all by now.

So I guess race plays into it from that perspective, but the truth is, the unwarranted hype is what's created the VY "hating".

I don't think the hype was all about race. In high school, Vince could put more behinds in seats than the Houston Cougars. He went from local hero to National hero during his college years.

When Vince went to UT some of my son's friends went to see him practice, and came back shaking their heads, as if, he isn't ready yet! However, Vince developed a habit, same as in high school, conventional or unconventional as getting results. I don't mind being challenged, but I am still in amazement as to how in the world did he pull off that upset against USC.

I don't know anything about Jeff Fisher the coach and how he treats or relates to the athletes that he coaches, so it wouldn't be fair for me to suggest that he did anything to undermine Vince's career. It can happen, though, if you're in the wrong system, wrong team or job, your career can be hampered. Randy Moss was outstanding in Minnesota, but had a lot of baggage. Randy Moss didn't look too good in Oakland, and there were probably coaches or owners that wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole, yet look at him now in the system he's in.

My comments about Vince should be well documented, as I didn't give up on him and still haven't. I think there are things that he could have handled differently, and I'm sure when he is older and look back, he will agree as well. Hopefully he had enough people in his corner at his lowest point to encourage him to stay focused, and for God's sake not read or listen to sports critics. It is my desire that he will further his career as a successful NFL quarterback.

HTown2ATX
11-09-2009, 02:52 PM
I hate him beacuse the mouth breathing, jock swinging, leg humping UT drunks here in Austin keep trying to put him and Possum Squallor Hootinanies from Bumblescum Mountain on TV here.

Makes me crazy!

Yesterday was the worst possible day because:

Texans lost

Cowboys won

Rudy and the Hootinanies won.

DAMNIT!!!

StarStruck
11-09-2009, 03:03 PM
I hate him beacuse the mouth breathing, jock swinging, leg humping UT drunks here in Austin keep trying to put him and Possum Squallor Hootinanies from Bumblescum Mountain on TV here.

Makes me crazy!

Yesterday was the worst possible day because:

Texans lost

Cowboys won

Rudy and the Hootinanies won.

DAMNIT!!!

Ha ha ha ha..... tell us how you really feel. Tear of laughter, ROFLOL! :ahhaha: Sorry you feel that way since I was really sad that the Texans didn't pull out the win. Good luck next game!

ObsiWan
11-09-2009, 04:38 PM

If the Young-Love stopped with that sort of assessment I think most folks would be fine with it. I know I would. But it never does. We have to stomach all the "Vince makes the team perform better by his very presence" crap. That totally diss'es the fact that the Titans got back their starters on defense or the outstanding performances of Chris Johnson during the wins. It's the "all credit for any Titans success goes to VY" belief (and yeah, it's a religious zealot-like BELIEF at times) that bugs the crap outta me.

Seems like a year on the bench seems to have done him some good. But I'm not "annointing" him anything other than being a Kerry Collins with younger, faster legs until he starts posting 300-yd/2-3 TD games on a regular basis.

...and do I LOOK like I'd have an issue with a Black QB being successful??

SF49erFaithful
11-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see the Titans run the table. When they get hot, they get really, really hot.

Line_Producer
11-10-2009, 07:28 PM
c.) http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50748

Holy crap. I got through two pages before I was sick to my stomach. There are some idiots on this board, but Good Lord, what a bunch of morons on both sides of that argument.

Go Texans Talk . com

imatexan
11-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see the Titans run the table. When they get hot, they get really, really hot.

Says the guy whose team just got beat by them.

The Titans run will end this Sunday or the following Monday.

Silver Oak
11-10-2009, 08:14 PM
My comments about Vince should be well documented, as I didn't give up on him and still haven't.

http://iamcorrect.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/sucker.jpg

Wolf
11-10-2009, 08:54 PM
well I have no ill feelings for vince. I hope he does well in the NFL except when he plays the Texans.

He made his bed with the antics he pulled with pouting and the supposedly suicide thing.. Hopefully he has matured and can get on with his NFL career.

one thing Vince is good at is extending drives off of 3rd down plays, he is dangerous there ...

but I haven't seen any titans games so maybe they patched the hole in that secondary like we have patched a hole in our run defense (knock on wood)

so here is to the Texans beating down the Titans for the 3rd straight game :fans:

HJam72
11-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Young is big, fast, and just barely does anything else well enough to remain a QB, in spite of how very big and fast he is. He wins games. He changes the game, in fact. I have to be honest. I don't like him because, stupid or not, he wins stupid. He could literally be dumb as a cow and still win games at a position that normally takes skill and brains. It's irritating as Hell. Regardless of what his IQ may be, he plays like the ultimate dumb jock. He doesn't have to know what the heck he is doing, as long as he can wait for the backfield to spread back covering receivers, slip by a few DLs, break a LB arm tackle, and run over a few DBs. Size, speed...........air.

I hope Cushing knocks the air out of 'im.

imatexan
11-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Young is big, fast, and just barely does anything else well enough to remain a QB, in spite of how very big and fast he is. He wins games. He changes the game, in fact. I have to be honest. I don't like him because, stupid or not, he wins stupid. He could literally be dumb as a cow and still win games at a position that normally takes skill and brains. It's irritating as Hell. Regardless of what his IQ may be, he plays like the ultimate dumb jock. He doesn't have to know what the heck he is doing, as long as he can wait for the backfield to spread back covering receivers, slip by a few DLs, break a LB arm tackle, and run over a few DBs. Size, speed...........air.

Do you know his W-L record in the NFL?

HJam72
11-10-2009, 11:16 PM

I don't follow him that closely. I hate his team and I don't like watching him. If he wasn't a division foe, I'd barely know he existed anymore.

Hookem Horns
11-10-2009, 11:50 PM

I think he is 20-11. However if you want to verify that go over to shaggybevo.com and they can fill you in on all of his stats, including how many wipes he makes after taking a dump.

Hookem Horns
11-10-2009, 11:55 PM

OK, this HAS to be the greatest VY post I have ever read because it is SO true. The fact that he plays for the Titans makes this all the more true.

Napa Auto Parts
11-11-2009, 12:34 AM
What can you VY is a winner

ObsiWan
11-11-2009, 10:02 AM

The irritating piece of his story is one wonders how good he could be if he was a student of the game? That's what continually irks me about Young. He's like HWWNBN, just playing on a better team.

Dread-Head
11-11-2009, 10:38 AM
i hate the colts
i hate the titans
i hate UT

Khari is the experimenting with a new form of discipline called "Tough hate" it seems to be working.

SF49erFaithful
11-12-2009, 04:24 AM
Says the guy whose team just got beat by them.

The Titans run will end this Sunday or the following Monday.

Well, they say history repeats himself, and I seem to remember the Titans being in a very similar situation 3 years ago. Run the table? Probably not. But cap the year off very strongly? Very reasonable.

MojoMan
11-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Well, they say history repeats himself, and I seem to remember the Titans being in a very similar situation 3 years ago. Run the table? Probably not. But cap the year off very strongly? Very reasonable.

Before the season started, the Titans were widely expected to return to the playoffs this year. So this may not be as far fetched as some people think.

Thorn
11-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Before the season started, the Titans were widely expected to return to the playoffs this year. So this may not be as far fetched as some people think.

The Titans are the best of the so called "bad" teams in the league. They are better than their record.

TitanFan
11-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Everyone knows what happens to the Texans when it's on the line. MNF will be no different.

21-11, with 6th 4th quarter comebacks

None of you will talk about it, but as a Houstonian, I know how sick everyone of you is going to be after Vince wins again in Houston

Texan_Bill
11-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Everyone knows what happens to the Texans when it's on the line. MNF will be no different.

None of you will talk about it, but as a Houstonian, I know how sick everyone of you is going to be after Vince wins again in Houston

Go away troll, VY jock sniffin' boi!! Vincent, errrrrrrrr Radio sucks!

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/9/2/2/radiopuba.jpg

HOU-TEX
11-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Re: Vince Young Back in the Saddle Again!

I didn't know a Sybian was considered a saddle? :hmmm:

Honoring Earl 34
11-12-2009, 10:24 AM
You know , this might be in bad taste but as a Texan fan , I say we ought to boo him when he walks on the field . Why ... he thinks Reliant is his stadium , with his fans , so we boo him to hurt his feelings and make him quit again .

Texan_Bill
11-12-2009, 10:24 AM
I didn't know a Sybian was considered a saddle? :hmmm:

:spit: Holy shit that was funny!!!

Texan_Bill
11-12-2009, 10:25 AM
You know , this might be in bad taste but as a Texan fan , I say we ought to boo him when he walks on the field . Why ... he thinks Reliant is his stadium , with his fans , so we boo him to hurt his feelings and make him quit again .

I booooooo him anyway. ****in' 'Sip!!! :)

JDizzle
11-12-2009, 10:28 AM
i didn't know a sybian was considered a saddle? :hmmm:

lol!!

Dread-Head
11-12-2009, 11:00 AM
I don't think the hype was all about race. In high school, Vince could put more behinds in seats than the Houston Cougars. He went from local hero to National hero during his college years.

#1 *When Vince went to UT some of my son's friends went to see him practice, and came back shaking their heads, as if, he isn't ready yet! However, Vince developed a habit, same as in high school, conventional or unconventional as getting results. I don't mind being challenged, but #2 *I am still in amazement as to how in the world did he pull off that upset against USC.

My comments about Vince should be well documented, as I didn't give up on him and still haven't. I think there are things that he could have handled differently, and I'm sure when he is older and look back, he will agree as well. Hopefully he had enough people in his corner at his lowest point to encourage him to stay focused, and for God's sake not read or listen to sports critics. It is my desire that he will further his career as a successful NFL quarterback.

1. Well Ma'am, :tiphat: Vince wasn't ready to QB at the college level. He was blessed with one of the best college Offensive lines in football as was Matt Leinart. You'll note both of them have done equally well in the NFL.

2. I will draw some fire from Texas-Exes in here...but VUGG-IT! (excuse my language) One of U.T's first quarter TDs in that game was a pitch into the endzone by a player whose KNEE was on the deck who had a defender on his back. Mind you I'm not EXPERT in the game of football...but last time I checked if you had a ball in your hand, a knee on the ground and an opposing player on your back you were considered DOWN...but apparently in that game that rule didn't apply if you had on a white jersey. Also in the last minute and a half of play USC was called for a PHANTOM Unnessasary Roughness call out of bounds on a U.T. 3rd and long. The penalty gave U.T GREAT feild position and Vince ran it in for a TD. Poor officiating and dumb luck will get one far, but only to a point. As Bob Marley once said:

"Every day the bucket goes to the well, but one day the bottom will drop out." In other words you can get over for a while, but ultimately if you don't have what it takes you're not going to make it. If Vince was truly the messiah of the gridiron then Kerry Collins wouldn't have been given the nod in the first place. Vince wasn't doing so great, that's why he was benched. What is his record as a starter? And how did the Titans do once they sat him down? Night and day Ma'am wouldn't you say? It could be argued that Rex Grossman is a great QB because he made it to a Superbowl, but if nothing else that SB appearance proved what Rex's nay sayers had BEEN saying all season...he simply isn't up the NFL game but for what it's worth there are quite a few NFL QB's who aren't.

TitanFan
11-12-2009, 01:28 PM
vince young and matt leinhardt have both have the saem level of success in the NFL?

where are the rational Texans fans?

btw,
Vince is the greatest college football players of our life time

TitanFan
11-12-2009, 01:33 PM
My true fear is not the Texans improving defense, but that schaub and company will come out firing from the get-go against are beatable secondary.

Texans season on the line this week?

gwallaia
11-12-2009, 01:34 PM
vince young and matt leinhardt have both have the saem level of success in the NFL?

I almost forgot about Leinhart.

btw,
This has to be one of the most reserved comments I've heard from a VY fan. Most of them say Vince is the greatest God of all eternity.

JB
11-12-2009, 01:49 PM

btw,
players
???
Greatest QB...No
Greatest RB...No
Greatest WR...No
Greatest WaterBoy...Yes
Greatest Sideline Crybaby...Yes

I did not think even a VY BB could utter such an idiotic and delusional statement as that!:lol:

HOU-TEX
11-12-2009, 02:09 PM
My true fear is not the Texans improving defense, but that schaub and company will come out firing from the get-go against are beatable secondary.

Texans season on the line this week?

Our season's on the line on a bye week? :thinking:

JB
11-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Our season's on the line on a bye week? :thinking:

Well yeah! Could be major injuries on the beach and Schaub may pull a
Caminiti and fall out of the tree blind and Jackonsville may beat the Jets in NJ and the Titans will win out and Kubiak gets hit by a truck and....

This Titansfan obviously has no clue about the NFL or the Texans.

Double Barrel
11-12-2009, 02:30 PM
the greatest college football player of our life time

Earl Campbell

Texan_Bill
11-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Earl Campbell

While Earl definitely gets the nod, I would also put some of these guys ahead of Radio.

Bo Jackson
Archie Griffin (*ahem* two Heisman's to Vince's 0)

imatexan
11-12-2009, 02:43 PM

Is this Titans89 on gotitans?

The Titans are not winning this game.

You would think they are in first place, you are 2-6 and that is PATHETIC!

jaayteetx
11-12-2009, 02:44 PM
While Earl definitely gets the nod, I would also put some of these guys ahead of Radio.

Bo Jackson

I would add Tim Tebow to the list of players, did Vince even win a Heisman? Nope. Greatest college player of our time, yea right. And I'm a longhorn fan, too.

Texan_Bill
11-12-2009, 02:47 PM
I would add Tim Tebow to the list of players, did Vince even win a Heisman? Nope. Greatest college player of our time, yea right. And I'm a longhorn fan, too.

D'oh!!!

Double Barrel
11-12-2009, 03:08 PM

Bo Jackson

yep, no argument from me there! I just mentioned Earl because ICOUFan claimed to be from Houston and should be able to relate if he really is from Htown.

Dread-Head
11-12-2009, 03:31 PM

btw,

Leinart BACKED UP the guy who LOST the Superbowl last year...Vince saw his team make it to the play offs last year and lose...as a BACKUP. But I stand corrected, my logic here convaluted and has no basis in: facts, or data which could easily be confirmed by visiting the web-sites of either the Cardinals, Titans, NFL, ESPN, Associated Press, United Press International, Reuters or the NFL themselves. It's merely my OPINION that Kurt Warner is/was the Cardinals STARTER last season or that Kerry Collins was the STARTER for the Titans.
I'm merely a small minded hate filled man who attacks successful professional athletes whose offensive lines are so incredible and are so well paid that their teams went to the added expense of paying sub-par elderly QB's to APPEAR to be at the helms of their respective teams as to protect them from any form of injury. In fact I apologize especially to Matt Leinart and his back up Kurt Warner for thinking that they lost the Superbowl to the Pittsburgh Steelers, as that was merely a product of my fertile imagination as well along with the 'consolation tickertape parade' the Steelers threw themselves upon their return to the Steel city with the Lombardi trophy they borrowed from the victorious Cardinals in tow.

:sarcasm:

The preceding sarcasm was brought to you by the Dread-Head Foundation. The Dread-Head Foundation, providing sarcastic quips and diatribes since 1969: Texan Bill Treasurer

Dread-Head
11-12-2009, 03:43 PM

Wouldn't that depend on the AGE of the person you were talking to? I saw Barry Sanders, Troy Aikman Ricky Williams, Brian Bosworth, John Elway, Mr. Warren Moon , Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders and Andre Johnson play college ball. Some remember watching Earl Campbell, O.J. Simpson, Tony Dorsette and Roger Staubach play, and I'm relatively sure that there remain a handful of people who might have seen Jim Thorpe and the Late Great Red Grange play. I won't judge VY's career until it ends, but at present he hasn't done anything impressive ...YET.

JB
11-12-2009, 04:10 PM

For that matter, Eric Crouch had a better College Career than VY!

Thorn
11-12-2009, 05:00 PM

Please send me some of what you are smoking. It's obviously damn good.

MojoMan
11-12-2009, 05:06 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/stewart_mandel/01/05/rose.young/t1_stew_si.jpg

Double Barrel
11-12-2009, 05:20 PM
http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/archie-griffin1.png&usg=AFQjCNEVpXGAV0RD6dhDinTY7qpO9oW-ag

College football's only two-time Heisman trophy winner. In their four seasons with Griffin as their starting running back, the Buckeyes posted a record of 40-5-1 (all he did was WIN!). Griffin is one of only two players in collegiate football history to start four Rose Bowl games, the other being Brian Cushing.

Hookem Horns
11-12-2009, 05:22 PM
The problem with me naming VY the greatest college player of all time is that he really only had one dominant season. His sophmore year was good however he had meltdown vs OU.

If he would have played his senior season, had a similar season to his junior season and brought us another NC then I would consider him.

Earl Campbell is my personal favorite college player and NFL player for that matter however it's really hard to say he was the greatest if you look at this objectively. It's crazy to think Ricky Williams broke many of his school records because I would never think Ricky Williams should be mentioned in the same breath as Earl, however it's two different eras and I admit I am biased.

Wolf
11-12-2009, 05:29 PM
hmm as a running QB

Tommie James Frazier, Jr. (born on July 16, 1974, in Bradenton, Florida) is a former NCAA football quarterback for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. He is considered one of the greatest option quarterbacks in NCAA Division I-A history.

Frazier led his team to back-to-back consensus national championships in 1994 and 1995, and he remains the only quarterback to have done so since the 1950s. The 1995 Nebraska team is considered to have been one of the most dominant in the history of American college football.[1][2] In a 2006 ESPN.com poll, the results of which aired on SportsCenter, the 1995 Nebraska team was voted the best college team of all time.

Career Statistics

Record as starter: 33-3 (91.7%)
Passing: 250-509 (49.1%), 4,003 yards, 47 TD, 18 INT
Rushing: 386 carries, 2,263 yards (5.9 ypc), 36 TD
Senior stats (Heisman Trophy runner-up): 98-177 (55.4%), 1,467 yards, 18 TD, 6 INT
113 carries, 803 yards (7.1 ypc), 16 TD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommie_Frazier

ollege career statistics
Year Passing Rushing
Comp Att Yards TDs Int Att Yds Avg TD
2003 84 143 1,155 6 7 135 998 7.4 11
2004 148 250 1,849 12 11 167 1,079 6.5 14
2005 212 325 3,036 26 10 155 1,050 6.8 12
Totals 444 718 6,040 44 28 457 3,127 6.8 37

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Young

JDizzle
11-12-2009, 06:02 PM
The bar has been steadily lowered for Vince to the point where he can step over it by accident. On the rare occasion he plays up to his billing, it is treated by his loyal followers much like parents treat a 3 year old for making doody in the potty.

StarStruck
11-12-2009, 06:27 PM

I'm not ready to call VY the best ever, but I do give him credit for making things happen to get the win. As far as Heisman's, add a zero to Adrian Peterson and trophies to the following:

Andre Ware
Ty Detmer
Howard, Desmond
Torretta, Gino
Charlie Ward
Salaam, Rashaan
Wuerffel, Danny
Dayne, Ron
Weinke, Chris
Crouch, Eric
White, Jason
Leinart, Matt
Bush, Reggie
Smith, Troy

Double Barrel
11-12-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm not ready to call VY the best ever, but I do give him credit for making things happen to get the win. As far as Heisman's, add a zero to Adrian Peterson and trophies to the following:

Andre Ware
Ty Detmer
Howard, Desmond
Torretta, Gino
Charlie Ward
Salaam, Rashaan
Wuerffel, Danny
Dayne, Ron
Weinke, Chris
Crouch, Eric
White, Jason
Leinart, Matt
Bush, Reggie
Smith, Troy

They all had great COLLEGE careers, which was the focus of ICOUFan's statement about "greatest college football player of our life time". What they did in the pros has nothing to do with this debate. :)

Thorn
11-12-2009, 07:06 PM
They all had great COLLEGE careers, which was the focus of ICOUFan's statement about "greatest college football player of our life time". What they did in the pros has nothing to do with this debate. :)

Good point, but even with that VY isn't the greatest college player in our lifetimes. Very good, yes, very good for Texas, but most certainly not the best in college.

ObsiWan
11-15-2009, 01:36 AM

btw,

If by "in our lifetime" you mean this century, then that would be Tim Tebow. Hands down. Heisman, two National Championships, maybe a third (at the moment the Gators are on top of the AP and Coach's polls)... to Young's one national title and no Heismans.

All time I'd have to go with Jim Thorpe or Red Grange or Jim Brown or Archie Griffin or Roger Staubach or even Orenthal James Simpson.

Spled
11-15-2009, 05:16 AM
Some of those people on that Shaggybevo UT board are real d-bags. Look at some of the quotes -

"I laughed when Daniels was lost for the year."

"I like how the only people who want the Texans game on in Austin LIVE IN HOUSTON.

Isn't there a strip mall with a Subway and NAIL shop you should be hanging out in?

The vast majority of Austin would rather watch the Titans for the rest of the season over having to watch some team called the "Texans"."

"My whole family is from Houston, and I'd rather watch VY than the Texans, 10 times out of 10. I don't know a single person in Austin who would rather watch the Texans than VY. I'm not saying they don't exist. Just that I don't know any retarded people."

"**** you, move to Houston."

"You need to reread you history books. Houston screwed the oilers not the other way around. Adams wanted what the Texans got. He knew where the NFL was going and what he'd need and our f-tard mayor and voters told him no. We got what we deserved...the laughable 'Houston' 'Texans'."

infantrycak
11-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Some of those people on that Shaggybevo UT board are real d-bags. Look at some of the quotes -

"I laughed when Daniels was lost for the year."

"I like how the only people who want the Texans game on in Austin LIVE IN HOUSTON.

Isn't there a strip mall with a Subway and NAIL shop you should be hanging out in?

The vast majority of Austin would rather watch the Titans for the rest of the season over having to watch some team called the "Texans"."

"My whole family is from Houston, and I'd rather watch VY than the Texans, 10 times out of 10. I don't know a single person in Austin who would rather watch the Texans than VY. I'm not saying they don't exist. Just that I don't know any retarded people."

"**** you, move to Houston."

"You need to reread you history books. Houston screwed the oilers not the other way around. Adams wanted what the Texans got. He knew where the NFL was going and what he'd need and our f-tard mayor and voters told him no. We got what we deserved...the laughable 'Houston' 'Texans'."

I didn't go to UT but respect it as a university.

That said, let's all give a collective F&*K YOU to people that have more allegiance to their university than their state.

Wait, I feel like well repeating that - F&*K YOU

Keep it going folks.

False Start
11-15-2009, 11:55 AM
I didn't go to UT but respect it as a university.

That said, let's all give a collective F&*K YOU to people that have more allegiance to their university than their state.

Wait, I feel like well repeating that - F&*K YOU

Keep it going folks.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/d_thumbsup.gif

That comment about OD just shows what a bunch of b!tches they are, that's just wrong. No matter how bad I dislike a team, I never want to see a player get hurt to the extent it takes them out for the season. Even if it is a division opponent, that's not cool.

Oh yeah, I forgot....... F&*K YOU!

Malloy
11-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Holy crap. I got through two pages before I was sick to my stomach. There are some idiots on this board, but Good Lord, what a bunch of morons on both sides of that argument.

Go Texans Talk . com

I lasted one page :)

eriadoc
11-15-2009, 12:17 PM
I know the mods here ban certain offensive words (like id io t). I would like to suggest a few additions to that list, if I may:

"VY"
"Vince Young"
"V!nce Y0ung" and all other numerically spelled versions.

It would reduce the trolling, spam, and useless posts, IMO.

:D

TitanFan
11-15-2009, 12:22 PM
re: austin quotes

how on earth can u all be mad at austin because they dont support the texans? utterly ridiculous.

the austin tv game should be ratings driven and thats it. if more people want to watch vince in austin, then good for them for supporting the guy who gave them the greatest sports moment they will ever have

as for their rage, eg laughing at daniels....many of us non texan fans were very excited to get vince in houston. when the texans passed it broke our hearts.

hate us if u must

why did u post the quote about houston not giving bud the stadium? thats true, isn't it? how much did we give mcnair to biuld reliant. i remember people saying he paid for everything, but im pretty sure houston gave some money up. they def did for the astros and i believe the rockets.

t minus 40 minutes
hey vince, make it do what it do baby

Wolf
11-15-2009, 12:33 PM
re: austin quotes

how on earth can u all be mad at austin because they dont support the texans? utterly ridiculous.

the austin tv game should be ratings driven and thats it. if more people want to watch vince in austin, then good for them for supporting the guy who gave them the greatest sports moment they will ever have

as for their rage, eg laughing at daniels....many of us non texan fans were very excited to get vince in houston. when the texans passed it broke our hearts.

hate us if u must

why did u post the quote about houston not giving bud the stadium? thats true, isn't it? how much did we give mcnair to biuld reliant. i remember people saying he paid for everything, but im pretty sure houston gave some money up. they def did for the astros and i believe the rockets.

t minus 40 minutes
hey vince, make it do what it do baby

the deal was set that we weren't going to get Vince when they signed Carr to the extension.. that should have been a given

If I remember correctly, some were more upset with not getting DJ and taking TJ instead (at the time)

Lucky
11-15-2009, 12:38 PM
If I remember correctly, some were more upset with not getting DJ and taking TJ instead (at the time)
I wanted Johnson (Derrick), and was surprised that the Texans passed on him. Though, truth be told, he's had an underwhelming NFL career, thus far.

(Can't believe I posted in a VY thread).

CloakNNNdagger
11-15-2009, 02:12 PM
He just threw another one of his sausage balls into the opposing team's hands.

MojoMan
11-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Vince Young has just led the Titans to a third consecutive victory. This time the Titans smashed the Bills 41-17. Vince Young passing statistics were 17 of 25 for 210 yards, with one TD and one interception. He also had 29 yards rushing on five attempts.

Here is a link to the box score:

Young goes to 3-0 at helm as Titans stomp Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=291115010)

With Vince Young at the helm the Titans have now won three straight. This follows 6 consecutive losses to begin the season with Kerry Collins under center.

The Texans will be favored at home next Monday against the Titans, but they better not take this game for granted or the Texans could certainly lose. Call him a lucky charm, or whatever you like, but Vince Young is once again quarterbacking a football team that wins football games.

I will be rooting for the Texans over the Titans to be sure, and I expect the Texans to win. But regardless of what happens next Monday night, the legend of Vince Young is still very much a work in progress.

kastofsna
11-15-2009, 04:36 PM
he's a winner

Wolf
11-15-2009, 04:40 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Pairing Chris Johnson and Vince Young in the same backfield is turning into a very potent combination.

Johnson ran for 132 yards and two touchdowns, and he caught nine passes for 100 more and the Tennessee Titans beat the Buffalo Bills 41-17 Sunday for their third straight victory.

Johnson still on a tear also
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291115010

Marcus
11-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Pairing Chris Johnson and Vince Young in the same backfield is turning into a very potent combination.

:spit:

Pairing Chris Johnson and David Carr in the same backfield would turn into a very potent combination.

Remove Chris Johnson, and see how impotent they get.:ant:

Lucky
11-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Young extended a couple of drives with his legs, today. That's what he does best, and that's really the only way he can hurt the Texans.

That's something Richard Smith could never quite figure out.

Wolf
11-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Young extended a couple of drives with his legs, today. That's what he does best, and that's really the only way he can hurt the Texans.

That's something Richard Smith could never quite figure out.

exactly and that makes him dangerous.

gary
11-15-2009, 05:39 PM
VY is now the guy once again. Does Fisher get sick over staying with Kerry for as long as he did? Any chance he keeps his job with an 9-7 or an 8-8 finish? Those are the that pop into my mind. Where would they be if VY had gotten his chance before he did? They might have been in the spot they are right now or they might have been better and maybe even right in the thick of things. You never know, do you? Their job now is to finish the season strong and see if they want to resign Young long term and allow him to be the guy and get some other guys around him and then see how he does.

kastofsna
11-15-2009, 05:54 PM
certainly helps to face some inept teams to go 3-0.

eriadoc
11-15-2009, 06:58 PM
VY usually does very little to help the Tacks win. Today, he actually contributed quite a bit.

Next week (specifically Monday), he'll be back to the same old 150 yards with a couple turnovers.

Spled
11-16-2009, 02:13 AM
It's sad that Austin can't get past the "just a college town" mindset. Along with Raleigh, NC they are the fastest growing metro in the country. Austin-Round Rock currently has over 1.7 million citizens. If they did a little business with Al Davis they might be able to have their own pro team but instead they just want to worship at the feet of Vince Young and Darrell Royal. How many people have to move there before they realize they have other options beyond UT sports?

bah007
11-16-2009, 02:35 AM
It's sad that Austin can't get past the "just a college town" mindset. Along with Raleigh, NC they are the fastest growing metro in the country. Austin-Round Rock currently has over 1.7 million citizens. If they did a little business with Al Davis they might be able to have their own pro team but instead they just want to worship at the feet of Vince Young and Darrell Royal. How many people have to move there before they realize they have other options beyond UT sports?

All it takes is one visit to HornFans.com to see that this mindset will never be cured.

As a big time Texas fan, I find it embarrassing.

HJam72
11-16-2009, 07:59 AM
He can't throw anyway.

One guy to shadow CJ, one guy to shadow VY, and nine to blitz. :kingkong:
911 D. :)

kastofsna
11-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Johnson is 45% of the team's offense, yardage wise

MojoMan
11-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Johnson is 45% of the team's offense, yardage wise

Actually, having a balance offense is not a bad thing. However, since the Texans have never really had a solid, consistent running game, it might be easy to forget that.

That is something the Titans do well, and that the Dolphins do well. I digress, but it sure would be nice to have two RB's like Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. If the Texans had those two guys this team would be ready to make a playoff run for sure.

Mr. White
11-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Actually, having a balance offense is not a bad thing. However, since the Texans have never really had a solid, consistent running game, it might be easy to forget that.

That's a stretch. Just because the run game is inconsistent this year, it doesn't mean that we've never had consistency in the run game.

Have you forgotten last season already?

TD
11-16-2009, 08:45 AM
I am getting a really, really bad feeling. :(

GlassHalfFull
11-16-2009, 09:14 AM
The Monday Night Football guys are happy. This makes our upcoming game much more interesting.

Second Honeymoon
11-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Anyone who watched the game knows Vince played well. He also conducted himself better both on the field in his body language and in the press conference afterwards.

Kudos to him to not listen to all the haters. Most of these haters are the same guys who were stroking it to pictures of David Carr and making excuse after excuse for the guy. Marcus comes to mind.

If you can't see that Vince has helped the Titans turn things around, you are a moron. Period.

kastofsna
11-16-2009, 09:49 AM
that's not balance. that's heavily unbalanced. one player shouldn't be half the offense.

also, Bud Adams apparently flipped off the Bills during the game. i'm sure you guys will have something to say about that. :)

Kaiser Toro
11-16-2009, 09:51 AM
VY's presence and the recent winning streak by Titans make for incredible drama at Reliant this Monday Night. I am very excited, and expect the Texans to rise to the occasion.

Honoring Earl 34
11-16-2009, 10:03 AM
VY's presence and the recent winning streak by Titans make for incredible drama at Reliant this Monday Night. I am very excited, and expect the Texans to rise to the occasion.

Yep ... it will be electric in Reliant , I wouldn't want it any other way . If the Texans don't kick VY and the Titans butt , then their pretenders and we'll wait until next year . This game is one of those tone setters for the rest of the year where you could end up 6-1 if you win or 3-4 if you lose .

As far as VY goes , he's not an elite QB . He may be an upgrade on Collins but at the end of the day I would put eight in the box an dare him to beat me . Heck I wouldn't blitz I would focus on Johnson and see what VY can do down the field .

Double Barrel
11-16-2009, 12:03 PM
I got to give VY credit. The break helped him figure out how to play within himself. He's not losing games for them, and he's not trying to win games by himself. He's letting the strengths of the Titans carry the load and that's all you can ask for a game-managing QB.

I think it's going to be a really tough game on Monday, all things considered. The Titans on a three game winning streak with VY coming back to his hometown. If our defense can shut down the running game - a tall order, without a doubt - and force Young to pass more, then we have a good shot of winning it. But if CJ busts loose for some 60+ yard runs, watch out! The Texans season might hinge on this one game.

Thorn
11-16-2009, 12:22 PM
The Texans season might hinge on this one game.

I'm thinking the Texans can only lose one more game out of the last seven if they want to make the playoffs. It had better NOT be this one, because then we have to beat both Indy and NE, and I'm counting Indy or NE as our one allowable loss.

Double Barrel
11-16-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm thinking the Texans can only lose one more game out of the last seven if they want to make the playoffs. It had better NOT be this one, because then we have to beat both Indy and NE, and I'm counting Indy or NE as our one allowable loss.

That's my thinking, as well. 11-5 is the target, and since we've got two tremendously great teams left on our schedule (Colts / Patriots), we cannot lose the ones that we know we should win. Going 5-2 for the remainder of the season would probably put us in a wildcard tie that is anyone's guess right now about the tiebreaker.

StarStruck
11-16-2009, 03:57 PM
That's my thinking, as well. 11-5 is the target, and since we've got two tremendously great teams left on our schedule (Colts / Patriots), we cannot lose the ones that we know we should win. Going 5-2 for the remainder of the season would probably put us in a wildcard tie that is anyone's guess right now about the tiebreaker.

The interesting thing to me is that the Texans usually (well recently at least) play very well against the Colts, and it's possible they can take that game here. If New England wins its division and has home field advantage in the playoffs sealed, they probably won't do much toward trying to win the last game, and quite possibly rest their starters. Both could work out well for the Texans.

Vinny
11-16-2009, 04:13 PM
If we lose to the Titans the season is over. This may be Kubiak's biggest game because if we keep winning every game going forward will be more like a playoff game than anything we've ever had.

Double Barrel
11-16-2009, 04:13 PM
The interesting thing to me is that the Texans usually (well recently at least) play very well against the Colts, and it's possible they can take that game here. If New England wins its division and has home field advantage in the playoffs sealed, they probably won't do much toward trying to win the last game, and quite possibly rest their starters. Both could work out well for the Texans.

I am hoping that is the way it plays out. The Texans proved that they have the talent to be competitive against the Colts, but they need to stop the self-inflicted wounds that lose games. And hopefully the Patriots are resting players during week 17!

Blazing Arrow
11-16-2009, 04:21 PM
If you lose this game and probably the Colts game your shots at the playoffs are pretty low. That would put you at 1-4 in division maybe 2-4 if you beat the Jags. SD is already 3-1 and still gets to play KC. Denver is 2-0 in division and still plays O-town and the Chefs 2x. Pit and Cinci are both playing well and have a game lead. I don't think 10 wins is enough this year unless you are something like 4-2 in division.

infantrycak
11-16-2009, 04:23 PM
If we lose to the Titans the season is over. This may be Kubiak's biggest game because if we keep winning every game going forward will be more like a playoff game than anything we've ever had.

Close to it. I have never been a proponent of the important game theory. If we are thinking they end 10-6 to me it really doesn't matter when in the season the 6 come. But for some reason this game feels like a coming of age game. Totally irrational, but there it is. Maybe I am just annoyed at VY fans.

Thorn
11-16-2009, 04:29 PM
We can lose three more games and still have a winning season, but we won't make the playoffs with a 9-7 record unless there are a lot of other teams that go on a massive losing streak also. 10-6 might not get us into the playoffs. It's 11-5 or bust.

Wolf
11-16-2009, 09:39 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/SoonerBorn88/Misc/Radio-Motivation.jpg

Blazing Arrow
11-16-2009, 09:52 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/cellar.jpg

imatexan
11-16-2009, 10:02 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/cellar.jpg

Wait who is in the cellar rite now?

MojoMan
11-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Can we please not make this into a "trash-talking" thread? I think there is already a Titans trash-talking thread in progress in the rivalry forum.

Thanks.

Sal Rosenberg
11-16-2009, 10:05 PM
I wish they would black this game out in Austin except for the 30 or so real Texan fans.There would be a riot!I am just trying to keep it weird Vince.

JDizzle
11-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Can we please not make this into a "trash-talking" thread? I think there is already a Titans trash-talking thread in progress in the rivalry forum.

Thanks.

Normally I would agree however in this instance I have no problem watching a VY circle jerk thread crash and burn.

kastofsna
11-16-2009, 11:18 PM
BA seriously only has one comeback to any argument

Blazing Arrow
11-17-2009, 10:45 AM
BA seriously only has one comeback to any argument

Not really I am just not a swinger and never have been. Am I happy he is not coughing up the ball 3 times a game and just handing it over to the other team? Sure. Do I think the Jags, 9ers or Bill have top level D's that show he is not just playing poor game planning? No.

Exactly what I was afraid of is happening right now. Young gets the start against 3 poor teams and is asked to do little. We had a chance to regroup after the bye our D has made some major adjustments and Finni and Fuller are both healthy again. The Hood pickup was huge and he should be starting over Harper even if he gets healthy again. We are blitzing more and scheming better for what ever reason. All of this leads to the bandwagon effect and Young is hooked to this team for another 5+ seasons always searching out that potential.

On top of that Johnson is playing lights out right now which is helping the pass game. The WR and TEs are actually making an effort to catch a ball instead of the half arse shiet that they were dropping on the field in the first 6 games.

Young is benefiting from teams not having a lot of film on him since his reemergence, a powerful run game and an evolving offense play calling that changes enough each week that teams are having a tough time adapting.

If you factor out screen passes to Johnson, Young is averaging less then 125 yards per game passing in his 3 game return. Two of Young's long passes were highlight real material (Gage climbing the ladder, Britt over the shoulder with the CB on him like a blanket).

I want the guy to be great but to me the jury is still out.

BTW on 12/20 he will look like an all pro against the Blue Elderly.

Dread-Head
11-17-2009, 11:00 AM

I'm amazed at how legibly you're able to type with that crackpipe in your mouth. Your team has BARELY won three games against opponets who were watching Collins game film. Your LUCK is about to run out. When all is said and done the Titans are still going to be WATCHING the playoffs on tv baby...deal with it. You season hasn't turned around. Your team has been lucky.

Blazing Arrow
11-17-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm amazed at how legibly you're able to type with that crackpipe in your mouth. Your team has BARELY won three games against opponets who were watching Collins game film.

Yes winning with an average margin of 19+ points in the last 3 games is "barely" winning. Talk about crack pipes!

Your LUCK is about to run out. When all is said and done the Titans are still going to be WATCHING the playoffs on tv baby...deal with it. You season hasn't turned around. Your team has been lucky.

And you will be right next to us. This game makes or breaks your season. You lose to us your tie breaker scenario is horrid.

CloakNNNdagger
11-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm amazed at how legibly you're able to type with that crackpipe in your mouth. Your team has BARELY won three games against opponets who were watching Collins game film. Your LUCK is about to run out. When all is said and done the Titans are still going to be WATCHING the playoffs on tv baby...deal with it. You season hasn't turned around. Your team has been lucky.

The Man upstairs has seen fit to allow the Tacks some crumbs with 3 "gimme's." Monday will be a "gimme back." Vince needs to be prepared to play more D than in any of his previous NFL games..............watching runbacks of all the interceptions he will be thowing.

Texan_Bill
11-17-2009, 12:30 PM
The Man upstairs has seen fit to allow the Tacks some crumbs with 3 "gimme's." Monday will be a "gimme back." Vince needs to be prepared to play more D than in any of his previous NFL games..............watching runbacks of all the interceptions he will be thowing.

Hard to get any interceptions when the opposing QB is throwing check downs and 5 yard routes. The yardage (I believe 210) was mostly YAC.

Blake
11-17-2009, 12:46 PM
This game makes or breaks your season.

See that is the difference right there. We at least still have something to play for. The tacks are done.

We already beat yall in Tennesee, and somehow you think a QB who throws 15 times a game is going to make a difference.

You can pick and choose whatever stats you wanna throw at us, but after all is said and done, we are still playing for the playoffs. You are playing for a draft pick.

Honoring Earl 34
11-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Hard to get any interceptions when the opposing QB is throwing check downs and 5 yard routes. The yardage (I believe 210) was mostly YAC.

Right now the Titans are playing like the Texans would have if they had drafted Reggie Bush . The difference is CJ is better than RB and the Titans OL is better than the Texans of 2006 . Think of how teams stopped HWNSNBR and do the same thing .

Blazing Arrow
11-17-2009, 01:09 PM
See that is the difference right there. We at least still have something to play for. The tacks are done.

We already beat yall in Tennesee, and somehow you think a QB who throws 15 times a game is going to make a difference.

You can pick and choose whatever stats you wanna throw at us, but after all is said and done, we are still playing for the playoffs. You are playing for a draft pick.

We have a a few coaches who will either make or break there jobs on every game her on out. We have a ton of guys that will be FA next season and you are playing Johnson who rang up almost 280 yards on your "D" playing even better then he did the last time we met.

So lets honestly look at the playoff positions of all teams (6):
Indi and NE would have to completely fall apart to not win division. (-2)

Cinci and Pit are pretty solid and have weak schedules from here on out and one will most likely take one of the 2 Wild card spots. That only leave 1 WC spot left. (-3)

SD has a 2 game lead on you with its 3-1 in division. That means you have to sweep the rest of your division games [Colts, Jags, Tenn] and basically can only lose 1 game of the next 7.

Sure it is possible but is a reach.

jaayteetx
11-17-2009, 01:15 PM
We have a a few coaches who will either make or break there jobs on every game her on out. We have a ton of guys that will be FA next season and you are playing Johnson who rang up almost 280 yards on your "D" playing even better then he did the last time we met.

So lets honestly look at the playoff positions of all teams (6):
Indi and NE would have to completely fall apart to not win division. (-2)

Cinci and Pit are pretty solid and have weak schedules from here on out and one will most likely take one of the 2 Wild card spots. That only leave 1 WC spot left. (-3)

SD has a 2 game lead on you with its 3-1 in division. That means you have to sweep the rest of your division games [Colts, Jags, Tenn] and basically can only lose 1 game of the next 7.

Sure it is possible but is a reach.
San Diego is gonna win that division and the Broncos will go 8-8, if that. Johnson ran up all those yards on a defense without Pollard at the safety position. We've allowed a little over 60 yds a game rushing since then. We shut down Benson when he was the leading rusher and we'll shut down or at least limit Johnson too. Texans roll in this game.

Blazing Arrow
11-17-2009, 01:17 PM
San Diego is gonna win that division and the Broncos will go 8-8, if that. Johnson ran up all those yards on a defense without Pollard at the safety position. We've allowed a little over 60 yds a game rushing since then. We shut down Benson when he was the leading rusher and we'll shut down or at least limit Johnson too. Texans roll in this game.

Denver plays KC 2x and Oakland 1 time. Philly is playing on an empty tank. I highly doubt they go 2-5 with those machups.

Blake
11-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Denver plays KC 2x and Oakland 1 time. Philly is playing on an empty tank. I highly doubt they go 2-5 with those machups.

If Simms is at QB they might not even get those 2 wins lol.

Seriously he looked bad. If they get Orton for all 7 games I think they could win 3-4 more games.

JDizzle
11-17-2009, 01:56 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/2nqftf.jpg

MojoMan
11-24-2009, 01:05 AM
If Vince Young's game tonight and his previous three games were any indication, he is the Titan's QB of the future. He was the difference in this game. Every time he started out of the pocket during the second half, I experienced a sort of sinking feeling in my gut, and it usually turned out to be for a good reason.

Overall, Vince Young threw the ball adequately well. Although he only threw for 116 yards, he demonstrated excellent accuracy when it was needed. Those people who keep insisting that Vince Young is not an accurate enough passer to be an effective QB in the NFL are mistaken.

However, it was with his legs that he did most of his damage. How many third down scrambles did Young have for first downs tonight? How many times did he keep his team's drives alive and his team marching down the field?

Vince Young is truly back in the saddle again after tonight's nationally televised Monday Night Football game. Every regular football fan who watched tonight saw it for themselves. And with the return of Vince Young, we also unfortunately have the return of the Tennessee Titans, who are starting to look like the playoff caliber team that everyone thought they would be before the season began.

Vince Young was the most valuable player of tonight's game. Tonight the Titans were clearly the better team. I am disappointed that the Texans lost. But I am happy for Vince Young. He played a great game and was the difference maker in this contest. And he is, against all odds, "Back in the Saddle Again."

kastofsna
11-24-2009, 01:32 AM
yeah he looked good tonight.

still, the Texans suck for not putting a spy on him or taking advantage of his floating passes.

Blazing Arrow
11-24-2009, 01:44 AM
yeah he looked good tonight.

still, the Texans suck for not putting a spy on him or taking advantage of his floating passes.

Your poor analysis always amazes me.

Young kept the ball moving. He had 73 rushing yards!

No Texans fan can say that that option play is not a killer. A D might figure it out but the Texans definatly did not.

gwallaia
11-24-2009, 02:09 AM
Young is playing much smarter than earlier in his career. The coaching staff is allowing him to do what he does. Tuck the ball and run. No high risk passes.

Blazing Arrow
11-24-2009, 02:13 AM
Young is playing much smarter than earlier in his career. The coaching staff is allowing him to do what he does. Tuck the ball and run. No high risk passes.

Hard pill to swallow but I am starting to swing a little. Not sure if it is the jack or just the win but Young looks 1000x better then he has any other season.

Bulluck53
11-24-2009, 02:31 AM

and thats what he needs to be all about. He probably won't ever hit an average of 225+ yds per game but he doesn't need to. If he has a running game he will be a successful QB, if he has to do it himself he will struggle. He's not built to carry a team over the long-term.

He made sound decisions all game, his turnover was kind of fluky as it looked like it hit off his knee. We played well.

MojoMan
11-24-2009, 08:19 AM
and thats what he needs to be all about. He probably won't ever hit an average of 225+ yds per game but he doesn't need to. If he has a running game he will be a successful QB, if he has to do it himself he will struggle. He's not built to carry a team over the long-term.

He made sound decisions all game, his turnover was kind of fluky as it looked like it hit off his knee. We played well.

This game did not appear to be any kind of fluke to me. I expect Vince Young to perform at this level or above from now on. Let the NFL beware.

chicagotexan2
11-24-2009, 08:51 AM
I rip Wonder(lic) boy all the time, but he played well last night. I thought for sure he'd get lit up on his runs. We just couldn't catch him. I don't think he'll ever live up to the hype, but he did his part to beat us last night.

gtexan02
11-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Vince Young and the Titans did not do anything tricky or unusual. Everything they did last night was something I had seen in other games or something they discussed on the pregame shows.

The option. The QB draws. The pocket break down - scrambles on 3rd and long.

The Texans should have known how to stop the option. They should have known how to prevent the draw. They should have known to put a spy on Young on 3rd and long because they know he likes to scramble.

So either:
1. The Texans defense was unprepared
2. The Texans knew what the Titans were going to do and couldn't stop it

Either way is depresssing

kastofsna
11-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Your poor analysis always amazes me.

Young kept the ball moving. He had 73 rushing yards!

what does this have to do with anything i said

Second Honeymoon
11-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Young played a good game and beat us...again.

Young isn't a fraction as bad as some around here would lead you to believe...

..but that ain't news to me. the guy can play football and can play QB.

most importantly, his teams win everywhere he has been even when other people don't win at that location.

Bulluck53
11-24-2009, 05:04 PM
This game did not appear to be any kind of fluke to me. I expect Vince Young to perform at this level or above from now on. Let the NFL beware.

I meant his turnover was kind of a fluke... weird how it happened.

He had a flawless game other than that.

jerek
11-24-2009, 05:08 PM
I'll give him props, he looked pretty good last night. Some of that was inept defense (D-Rob dropping an INT, odd schemes, poor tackling/angles, drive sustaining penalties) and some of that was just VY making plays. His decision making looked faster and more accurate and he slung a couple of beautiful throws. He made "the right play" the majority of the time.

Having said that he is still an average passer at best and it's his scrambling ability that makes him at all dangerous. If he continues to develop his game he might just turn out to be an incredible comeback story.

And no, Vince, the city of Houston "does not love you any way." :texflag:

Blazing Arrow
11-24-2009, 07:49 PM
what does this have to do with anything i said

The Texans did put a spy on him and Young was not floating passes. Get it now?

jaayteetx
11-24-2009, 07:52 PM
I meant his turnover was kind of a fluke... weird how it happened.

He had a flawless game other than that.

Good thing D Rob can't catch, huh?

Bulluck53
11-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Good thing D Rob can't catch, huh?

D Rob can't do a lot of things, I hope he gets his contract.

bah007
11-24-2009, 10:07 PM
The Texans did put a spy on him and Young was not floating passes. Get it now?

Eh we didn't put a spy on him until after he had already done most of his damage.

A great team would have taken advantage of the two mistakes Vince made (the throw that Robinson should have picked and the fumble). Lucky for the Titans we aren't a great team yet.

As has been the pattern this year, Young made just enough plays to win and few enough mistakes to not lose. With a running game like theirs, that is really all you need from your QB.

kastofsna
11-29-2009, 07:11 PM
holy shit

fikster
11-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Not rying to revive the old talk. Could you imagine though a quarterback with VY's will and heart and Schaub's skills? I don't see how this kid wouldn't fit in Kubiak's bootleggin system.

rockabilly
11-29-2009, 07:12 PM
I can't believe i'm saying this. I am jealous of the Titans and Vince Young. Look how they just knocked off Arizona - we could never do that. Sigh....

Norg
11-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Hmmmm maybe we should get Michale Vick For next year ???????????????/

i wouldnt want it but hey ??????? mabe other people would

Norg
11-29-2009, 07:15 PM
and PS

M. Leinart was playing Nuf said

If vince beats Indy then i would be impressed

Besides indy will prob give that game to them anywayz

GuerillaBlack
11-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Vince Young looking like a real NFL QB today.

Imatexanfan
11-29-2009, 07:17 PM
and PS

What?! I understand the year they were draftees but no way do they compare the same...VY will win "Nuf said"

VY 4 LIFE
11-29-2009, 07:18 PM
http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/images/smiles/vince.gif

nut
11-29-2009, 07:20 PM
VY had 387 py which doesn't matter. I did however watch his last drive on channelsurfing.net. He made a 99 yd drive at the end of the game with three 4th down completions including the game-winning touchdown to win by 3. Say what you want about the guy, he has the will to win. How many finishes have we had like that and come out on the winning side?

Wolf
11-29-2009, 07:21 PM
good for vince, good game.

Johnson with a buck 54 in rusing on 18 carries... impressive

kastofsna
11-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Young was absolutely fantastic today. period.

Imatexanfan
11-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Bam! So suck my ass say what you want but we'd be better off with VY:clap:

Until I getta yea ur right Ima rub that in all ur faces...(yea wasted)

steelbtexan
11-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Answer 1 @ GB last year.

VY is like PM they both have made a pact with the devil.

StarStruck
11-29-2009, 07:24 PM
I must have misunderstood, but I thought the commentators said that Vince threw for 387 yards. If so, :bravo:

Wolf
11-29-2009, 07:24 PM
sure, we could have weaver and smith at DE

:yawn:

come on people get a grip

young had a great game,but the writing on the wall way before the draft that we weren't going to draft him.

Blazing Arrow
11-29-2009, 07:25 PM
and PS

Leinart was playing very well.

Young drove 99 yards with less then 2 minutes to play including converting on 3 4th downs. He absolutly owned today.

Hookem Horns
11-29-2009, 07:25 PM
VY had 387 py which doesn't matter. I did however watch his last drive on channelsurfing.net. He made a 99 yd drive at the end of the game with three 4th down completions including the game-winning touchdown to win by 3. Say what you want about the guy, he has the will to win. How many finishes have we had like that and come out on the winning side?

Yep, the guy is a finisher and the Texans as a team are not. It's a shame Bud Adams ended up with the guy however that's just another kick in the face of the Houston fan and my face has grown acustom to it.

Spled
11-29-2009, 07:29 PM
The football Gods can be cruel sometimes.
http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52955&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

Imatexanfan
11-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Yep, the guy is a finisher and the Texans as a team are not. It's a shame Bud Adams ended up with the guy however that's just another kick in the face of the Houston fan and my face has grown acustom to it.

I've been saying that from day 1 and I do agree that he's on the evil side with Bud that's the only thing that kills me...:headhurts:

nut
11-29-2009, 07:32 PM
A bunch of Texan fans have hated VY because he went to Texas. That can't be changed.

Hookem Horns
11-29-2009, 07:37 PM
A bunch of Texan fans have hated VY because he went to Texas. That can't be changed.

As a Longhorn fan I hated on him because he went to the Titans. However I do remember before that draft getting bashed for saying I was in the VY camp and I even had to change my username for a short period of time because no one would take my opinions seriously because I obviously had "burnt orange glasses" on.

nut
11-29-2009, 07:54 PM
As a Longhorn fan I hated on him because he went to the Titans. However I do remember before that draft getting bashed for saying I was in the VY camp and I even had to change my username for a short period of time because no one would take my opinions seriously because I obviously had "burnt orange glasses" on.

I know this is old history, but, VY literally begged to come here. Kubiak, who was looking for Texans HC job, said David Carr had the tools to be an NFL QB. They had a huge investment in DC. There was no way they would draft VY. Most Texan fans were really happy when VY became a head case. I don't think Kubiak nixed it because he's an Aggie, but I couldn't figure out why we didn't pick up Cedric Benson last year. Figured it was the mandatory Boy Scout personality required to be a Texan. Sherman brought in Ahman the year before and that was crazy.

thunderkyss
11-29-2009, 07:55 PM
sure, we could have weaver and smith at DE

:yawn:

come on people get a grip

young had a great game,but the writing on the wall way before the draft that we weren't going to draft him.

So you're saying we made a stupid decision way before the draft?

Does it really matter when we made the dumb decision to grant David Carr an extension that blew up in our face less than a year later?

Do you think there could have been any way that we could have used those two 2nd rounders to get Jared Allen?

Maybe we could have Jared Allen & Javon Kearse as our book ends.

Imatexanfan
11-29-2009, 07:56 PM

I'm different, I don't care I knew from the beginning that VY would be better than MW in the short and long run. It's just the fact that we didn't draft him just because WE knew what he is capable of yet I think Bob wanted to try to prove us wrong yet he can't and it seems like he won't for a very long time.

Even if we did offer VY an he wouldn't take it just the fact that we passed on him in the draft. Plus that would make us seem like dumbasses but hell at least we would be winning, right?!:clap:

Vinny
11-29-2009, 07:59 PM
I know this is old history, but, VY literally begged to come here. Kubiak, who was looking for Texans HC job, said David Carr had the tools to be an NFL QB. They had a huge investment in DC. There was no way they would draft VY. Most Texan fans were really happy when VY became a head case. I don't think Kubiak nixed it because he's an Aggie, but I couldn't figure out why we didn't pick up Cedric Benson last year. Figured it was the mandatory Boy Scout personality required to be a Texan. Sherman brought in Ahman the year before and that was crazy.
That's how Kubiak got his job...he had to tell Bob that his widdle QB was cute enough to play. McNair wanted someone to tell him his boy wonder was gonna make it. I hope Bob's next HC litmus test is more sophisticated next time.

Vinny
11-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Does it really matter when we made the dumb decision to grant David Carr an extension that blew up in our face less than a year later? yeah it does. Stupid decisions add up and the sum equates to mediocre teams.

thunderkyss
11-29-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm different, I don't care I knew from the beginning that VY would be better than MW in the short and long run. It's just the fact that we didn't draft him just because WE knew what he is capable of yet I think Bob wanted to try to prove us wrong yet he can't and it seems like he won't for a very long time.

Even if we did offer VY an he wouldn't take it just the fact that we passed on him in the draft. Plus that would make us seem like dumbasses but hell at least we would be winning, right?!:clap:

Well, in the short run, I think Mario was better for our franchise, than Vince was for his.

& I don't think Bob was trying to prove anybody wrong. If nothing else, he was feeling guilty about what this team did to David Carr, & wanted to make it right.

At least that's what I hope he was doing. I can respect that.

TitanFan
11-29-2009, 08:03 PM
its never too late. tennessee has mistreated VY. Houston can embrace him, unite the city, and win 4 superbowls.

it can still happen

thunderkyss
11-29-2009, 08:05 PM
yeah it does. Stupid decisions add up and the sum equates to mediocre teams.

Like what we've got now?

So your saying it didn't matter if we made the stupid decision the night before the draft, or a month prior. The end result is the same...

Silver Oak
11-29-2009, 08:07 PM
That's how Kubiak got his job...he had to tell Bob that his widdle QB was cute enough to play. McNair wanted someone to tell him his boy wonder was gonna make it. I hope Bob's next HC litmus test is more sophisticated next time.

you were sitting in on the interview, or are you just guessing?

gwallaia
11-29-2009, 08:07 PM
I take back all the bad things I have said about VY in the past.

He has heart, Schaub has nothing.

Mailman
11-29-2009, 08:09 PM
aww man not this shit again!

can we please just move on from the Mario/VY thing?

FirstTexansFan
11-29-2009, 08:09 PM

Sell out! :)

WWJD
11-29-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how Vince could be sitting on the bench one week..people saying he wasn't going to be a Titan next year cause well he stinks and is a bust...to this.

How in the heck did that happen? Did he get a vitamin shot or something?

Thorn
11-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Get a grip folks. VY is the enemy, just like Manning and what's his name in Jacksonville. He doesn't play for the Texans, and isn't going to. Get over it.

If we had a team that could win frigging games maybe we wouldn't have to keep visiting this same shit over and over again.

Wolf
11-29-2009, 08:16 PM

exactly

Wolf
11-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Get a grip folks. VY is the enemy, just like Manning and what's his name in Jacksonville. He doesn't play for the Texans, and isn't going to. Get over it.

If we had a team that could win frigging games maybe we wouldn't have to keep visiting this same shit over and over again.

no joke.. hell Manning is 15-1 against us

TitanFan
11-29-2009, 08:19 PM

youre a bigger man than most

nunusguy
11-29-2009, 08:21 PM
The good news is that VY kicked Matt Leinerts azz again.

nut
11-29-2009, 08:33 PM
The mods can't move this stuff quick enough to this forum. Last thing they want is that Kubiak hire (DC) and that draft (VY) coming up again.

toronto
11-29-2009, 08:45 PM
its never too late. tennessee has mistreated VY. Houston can embrace him, unite the city, and win 4 superbowls.

it can still happen

As long as Adams decides Young is worth the cap hit, and it sure as hell is starting to look like it, VY isn't going anywhere, at least for 2 seasons.

Vinny
11-29-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how Vince could be sitting on the bench one week..people saying he wasn't going to be a Titan next year cause well he stinks and is a bust...to this.

How in the heck did that happen? Did he get a vitamin shot or something? people calling him this or that doesn't change him. He was the same guy before and after the name calling. It's a reflection of the name callers, not the name calleez.

TEXANRED
11-29-2009, 09:00 PM

I agree with this completely.

All VY does is win games. He makes plays at the crucial points in the game. Matt Schaub? He throws pic 6's and fumbles the football.

Matt Schaub is a between the 20's QB. He puts up a bunch of numbers and some pretty plays, but once he gets into the red zone then forgets what to do with the ball.

VY? scores.

And I hate VY and the Titans and I am saying this.

Silver Oak
11-29-2009, 09:00 PM

horn fans will never be cut from the vy teat.

SheTexan
11-29-2009, 09:12 PM

How in the heck did that happen? Did he get a vitamin shot or something?

Because Kerry Collins got screwed by the Titans per order of Bud Adams. They were told to make KC look bad. Bud wanted VY in the saddle that bad. The Titans have NEVER been an 0-6 team, they are much better than that. think about it. Dropped passes, RBs sucked, missed calls, crappy defense, then all of a sudden they are playing playoff calibur football. It's not VY, it's the same Titan team that won the division last year playing for VY because they were told to NOT play for KC.

BTW: I heard this from a Titan fan. Seems like it is no secret in Nashville. Bud got what he wanted and KC paid the price. Screwed over bigtime!!! Who's to say KC wouldn't have taken the Titans to another playoff if given an honest chance. Something smells really bad in Nashville, and I think it's Buds lieing, dying ass!!!

larryk
11-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Wow, some people really go out of their way to try and bring the guy down.

You can't argue with this though. You are on your own 1 yard line with 2:37 left in the 4th quarter. You must march 99 yards and score a touchdown to win:

2:37

1st and 10 at TEN 1 V.Young pass short right to K.Britt to TEN 7 for 6 yards (D.Rodgers-Cromartie).
2nd and 4 at TEN 7 V.Young pass incomplete short right to B.Scaife.
3rd and 4 at TEN 7 V.Young pass incomplete short right to K.Britt (D.Rodgers-Cromartie).
4th and 4 at TEN 7 V.Young pass short left to K.Britt to TEN 17 for 10 yards (B.McFadden).
1st and 10 at TEN 17 (No Huddle, Shotgun) V.Young pass short middle to B.Scaife to TEN 36 for 19 yards (B.McFadden, A.Wilson).
1st and 10 at TEN 36 (No Huddle, Shotgun) V.Young pass short left to L.Hawkins pushed ob at TEN 38 for 2 yards (B.McFadden).
2nd and 8 at TEN 38 V.Young pass short left to J.Cook ran ob at 50 for 12 yards.
1st and 10 at 50 V.Young pass incomplete deep left to N.Washington.
2nd and 10 at 50 V.Young scrambles right end pushed ob at ARZ 44 for 6 yards (M.Adams).
3rd and 4 at ARI 44 V.Young pass incomplete short right to B.Scaife [D.Dockett].
4th and 4 at ARI 44 V.Young pass short left to L.Hawkins pushed ob at ARZ 31 for 13 yards (M.Adams).
1st and 10 at ARI 31 V.Young pass short left to B.Scaife ran ob at ARZ 26 for 5 yards.
2nd and 5 at ARI 26 V.Young pass incomplete deep left to N.Washington.
3rd and 5 at ARI 26 V.Young pass short middle to J.Cook pushed ob at ARZ 9 for 17 yards (R.Brown).
Timeout #1 by ARZ at 00:21.
1st and 9 at ARI 9 V.Young pass incomplete short middle to B.Scaife.
2nd and 9 at ARI 9 V.Young sacked at ARZ 10 for -1 yards (sack split by C.Campbell and C.Haggans).
Timeout #2 by TEN at 00:11.
3rd and 10 at ARI 10 V.Young pass incomplete short middle to N.Washington.
Timeout #3 by TEN at 00:06.
Timeout #2 by ARZ at 00:06.
4th and 10 at ARI 10 V.Young pass short middle to K.Britt for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 17 19

0:00

TEXANRED
11-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Because Kerry Collins got screwed by the Titans per order of Bud Adams. They were told to make KC look bad. Bud wanted VY in the saddle that bad. The Titans have NEVER been an 0-6 team, they are much better than that. think about it. Dropped passes, RBs sucked, missed calls, crappy defense, then all of a sudden they are playing playoff calibur football. It's not VY, it's the same Titan team that won the division last year playing for VY because they were told to NOT play for KC.

BTW: I heard this from a Titan fan. Seems like it is no secret in Nashville. Bud got what he wanted and KC paid the price. Screwed over bigtime!!! Who's to say KC wouldn't have taken the Titans to another playoff if given an honest chance. Something smells really bad in Nashville, and I think it's Buds lieing, dying ass!!!

No offense but if you believe that than I got some ocean front property to sell in Arizona. Real cheap too.

Adams is the owner of the team. Owner. He gets what he wants when he wants. If he wanted to trot out his team in all pink he would. If he wanted VY to start from the word jump it would of happened.

And I guess the moon landing didnt happen either.

toronto
11-29-2009, 09:21 PM

This is one funny-ass post.

toronto
11-29-2009, 09:22 PM
All I know is I wanted to see if VY was capable of winning a game of this magnitude with his arm, when a D clearly has him in check mobility-wise.

The kid has a ton of heart and showed me a level I didn't think he had today.

Thorn
11-29-2009, 09:30 PM
So, Vince Young is currently playing well. Lot's of players have hot streaks, look no further than Steve Slaton last year and this year. The only reason this is a topic is the same old Mario/Vince/Reggie crap that keeps coming up over and over and over again.

The problem I see is if VY is for real, then when Manning retires we still have VY to deal with twice a year. The problem is the Texans themselves, it isn't VY or Manning.

Goatcheese
11-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Solid game by VY this week. He played like an actual QB, and made some good throws.

TD
11-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Seems like we have seen this before. I'll wait and see how handles losing a few in row before jumping on (back on) the VY bandwagon. He's always a winner when things are going well....its when they didn't that he completely went to crap. I'm not sold on his mental toughness yet.

VY 4 LIFE
11-29-2009, 10:29 PM

El Oh El :goodpost:

9nines
11-29-2009, 11:19 PM

Huh?

You think an owner told a team to be bad so he could demand the coach play a different player? That makes no sense. Why wouldn't the owner just tell the coach to play whomever he wanted?

So this is what you think happened:

Owner, thinking to himself: Coach wants to start Player A but I want him to start player B. Uhmm, what do I do? Being the owner, I could make the coach start player B. All that would take is a phone call. Uhmm, that would be too easy. Uhm,... I know what I will do - l will tell the coach to make the team play badly for six games, that way I can demand the coach play the player I want. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Napa Auto Parts
11-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Man that VY he just keeps winning why cant we have have a "Winner"

thunderkyss
11-30-2009, 09:28 AM

All we've got to do is make it to the play-offs.

Just imagine how bad it will be if we finish behind the Titans in the division, when they started 0-6.

DexmanC
11-30-2009, 09:47 AM
All we've got to do is make it to the play-offs.

Just imagine how bad it will be if we finish behind the Titans in the division, when they started 0-6.

VY threw for 387, and only ran for SIX????

I knew he was a better passer from what I saw from Monday Night, but
DAMN!!!

GuerillaBlack
11-30-2009, 10:14 AM

DAMN!!!

You top his passing, he'll run on you. You stop his runs, and he'll pass all over you. Dude is good. Let's see if he can do the passing thing consistently in the NFL though. I liked what I saw yesterday, though.

Hey, maybe we can pick him up in the offseason. :kitten:

jerek
11-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Seems like we have seen this before. I'll wait and see how handles losing a few in row before jumping on (back on) the VY bandwagon. He's always a winner when things are going well....its when they didn't that he completely went to crap. I'm not sold on his mental toughness yet.

QFT.

Stellar stat line and though I didn't see the game it seems like he really came to play today.

I would still take Mario+Schaub over VY though.

Second Honeymoon
11-30-2009, 10:21 AM
QFT.

Stellar stat line and though I didn't see the game it seems like he really came to play today.

I wouldn't. It's not a popular opinion but I even held that opinion when VY was in the tank floundering away his career.

Stick with me though. VY would have been good in Houston and that would have meant no Carr re-signing.

So the true tradeoff is this

Schaub and Mario versus VY, 2 2nd Rounders, Carr's cap space and Mario's cap space.

That is the difference. Clearly I would rather have VY over Matt if you are going to give me over 12million in cap space and 2 2nd Rounders. We could have used the cap space to sign Haynesworth and a quality corner.

I love Matt but VY was the right selection...especially now when you see that Vince can play football at a very high level.

Second Honeymoon
11-30-2009, 10:23 AM
people calling him this or that doesn't change him. He was the same guy before and after the name calling. It's a reflection of the name callers, not the name calleez.

yup. lots of people around here were drunk on sausage parties and wunderlich scores. piling on. I would say that Vince was good and people would say I was a loser. Apologies accepted.

the people who know football knew that Vince wasn't finished. He just needed to get some things straight and get a chance. He lost his job due to injury and how he handled the demotion/injury. it's not like he was losing it was just tough to bench KC after a 13 win season.

I am proud of Vince for showing all the haters that they know nothing, but I wish he would leave Tennessee. I don't want to play him 2 times a year and manning 2 times a year. That just sucks.

GuerillaBlack
11-30-2009, 10:28 AM
So, when is Vince's contract up with the Titans?

Blazing Arrow
11-30-2009, 10:37 AM
So, when is Vince's contract up with the Titans?

He has 2 more seasons on his contract but it balloons next season to $14 million. I am pretty sure he will get a nice extension come the end of the season.

Blazing Arrow
11-30-2009, 10:43 AM

DAMN!!!

The Cards had at least one at times two spies on him. They were playing for him to run the entire game. Anytime he even hinted at running they would collapse on the running lanes.

silvrhand
11-30-2009, 11:24 AM
oh god.. more vince young "bandwagon" fans come out.. I think I'm going to be sick.. I'm so tired of the VY callers in to talk about him over the Texans and how the Texans suck cause they didn't pick him..

:deadhorse

TEXANRED
11-30-2009, 11:35 AM
QFT.

Really? Why? How many playoffs have we been to with Mario and Schaub? How many W's do we have with Mario and Schaub -vs- VY? This season alone out of 11 starts Schaub has 5 W's. VY has started 5 and won 5.

Neither Mario or Schaub take over a game the way that Young does.

And again, I hate the Titans and Vince but lets at least be truthful to ourselves.

kastofsna
11-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Really? Why? How many playoffs have we been to with Mario and Schaub? How many W's do we have with Mario and Schaub -vs- VY? This season alone out of 11 starts Schaub has 5 W's. VY has started 5 and won 5.

Neither Mario or Schaub take over a game the way that Young does.

And again, I hate the Titans and Vince but lets at least be truthful to ourselves.

football is a team game, btw

disaacks3
11-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey - I hate all the VY=Football Jesus stuff myself, but I give the man his due. He had a GREAT game yesterday.

SheTexan
11-30-2009, 11:50 AM
I didn't say I believed anything, just what was told to me. It's pretty simple really. THe Titan TEAM quit on Kerry Collins. WHY, I don't know nor do I care. They had a tough road their first 6 games, and I still say they are better than an 0-6 team. THey came off the bye with VY at the helm and played the Jags, Buffalo, Niners, Texans and Cards. WOW, I'm really impressed!! :sarcasm:We'll see how the almighty Vince does against the Colts next week.

MojoMan
11-30-2009, 11:55 AM
I didn't say I believed anything, just what was told to me. It's pretty simple really. THe Titan TEAM quit on Kerry Collins. WHY, I don't know nor do I care. They had a tough road their first 6 games, and I still say they are better than an 0-6 team. THey came off the bye with VY at the helm and played the Jags, Buffalo, Niners, Texans and Cards. WOW, I'm really impressed!! :sarcasm:We'll see how the almighty Vince does against the Colts next week.

If the Titans beat the Colts next Sunday, and Vince Young has any kind of a productive game, then everyone will have to bow the knee to the Prince of Vince.

If the Titans beat the Colts on Sunday, the will have followed six consecutive losses without Vince with six consecutive wins with him. If that happens, everyone will need to come clean and admit that this has been quite an accomplishment, and that Vince's contribution to this effort was not inconsequential.

Don't you think?

Second Honeymoon
11-30-2009, 12:14 PM

don't diminish those wins. the texans lost to two of those teams themselves and the Titans didn't quit on KC. we haven't even won four games in a row as a franchise in 8 years...much less 5 games in a row. don't diminish what they are doing...Vince is playing well and winning while our team is in a meteoric free fall since 5-3.

at first it was the TItans players didn't like Vince and didn't believe in him and didn't want him playing. now that Vince is winning and its time to eat some crow and humble pie for all the haters, its some sort of conspiracy where the players wanted Vince to start so bad they were willing to tank their own season.

it doesn't add up and is pretty ludicrous to be honest.

that being said, ihope you had a great holiday weekend SheTexan. your a good fan and i know it all comes from a good place.

Double Barrel
11-30-2009, 12:18 PM
VY's break from football definitely did him some good. That, and he's got the best RB in the league. That never hurts.

Hookem Horns
11-30-2009, 12:19 PM
The Colts game will be very interesting. Honestly I wouldn't be too shocked if they beat the Colts because the Colts just look due for a loss.

We can downplay who Vince has beaten however the Texans wouldn't have won many of those games. There is no way the Texans would have pulled that game out yesterday the way the Titans did. There would have been a meltdown somewhere along the way. Actually, now that I think about it the Texans were in the same situation vs the Cards. Both had 4th and goal with the game on the line. VY converted, the Texans failed.

It is what it is and my therapist says that it is healthy for me to accept all of this instead of continuing to deny and harbor so many negative emotions.

toronto
11-30-2009, 12:26 PM

The Titan team quit on themselves and on their coach. That's what makes the last 5 weeks that much more surreal.

Second Honeymoon
11-30-2009, 12:51 PM
The Titan team quit on themselves and on their coach. That's what makes the last 5 weeks that much more surreal.

they only quit in the Snow Bowl game in Foxboro v. the Pats. It was a monumental quit but still just one game.

There is nothing surreal about what is happening. Vince has some tools that allow him to be a very difficult QB to prepare for and to stop on 3rd Down. He is a tough guy to stop especially when you have to worry about stopping the most explosive player in the league, Chris Johnson.

I saw what a Collins Titans team did in Week2. Fail. I saw what a Young Titans team did in Week 10. Young is good and he better be because they spent a #3 overall pick on him and lots of $$.

I will always hate the team thieving Titans but in the end it won't matter. Because as magical as Vince can be, he will never be able to break the Bud Adams' Curse. If Vince wants to win a championship one day (long way off) he needs to know that he will never win one with the Titans. They will always and forever be one yard short.

Spled
11-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Does anyone think Vince would be so great if he didn't have the best running back in the game in his backfield along with one of the top 2 or 3 o-lines in the league? Mediocre Collins went 13-3 with the same team last year. It's not like you could just plug Vince into the Texans and you'd start winning. He'd have an inferior o-line, running attack and defense.

toronto
11-30-2009, 06:00 PM
they only quit in the Snow Bowl game in Foxboro v. the Pats. It was a monumental quit but still just one game.

There is nothing surreal about what is happening. Vince has some tools that allow him to be a very difficult QB to prepare for and to stop on 3rd Down. He is a tough guy to stop especially when you have to worry about stopping the most explosive player in the league, Chris Johnson.

I saw what a Collins Titans team did in Week2. Fail. I saw what a Young Titans team did in Week 10. Young is good and he better be because they spent a #3 overall pick on him and lots of $$.

I will always hate the team thieving Titans but in the end it won't matter. Because as magical as Vince can be, he will never be able to break the Bud Adams' Curse. If Vince wants to win a championship one day (long way off) he needs to know that he will never win one with the Titans. They will always and forever be one yard short.

I always chuckle when I see this, because say it went to OT and they lose the coin toss they may lose anyways ya know.

Dan B.
11-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Does anyone think Vince would be so great if he didn't have the best running back in the game in his backfield along with one of the top 2 or 3 o-lines in the league? Mediocre Collins went 13-3 with the same team last year. It's not like you could just plug Vince into the Texans and you'd start winning. He'd have an inferior o-line, running attack and defense.

Collins also went 0-6 before Vince went 5-0 with the same RB and OL this year.

Of course Vince benefits from having a good offensive line and RB. Anyone would. But he has been able to adapt to the situation that is presented to him this season, unlike his second year when he tried to force things to happen when they weren't there. I just don't see how anyone can deny that he has been extremely good this year since he got back into the starting lineup. This week will tell us a lot.

TheRealJoker
11-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Inserting VY back into the lineup forced the Titans to quit screwing around and get back to what they do best which is play Fisherball. VY is averaging 18 passes per game and 144 yards through the air...a stat skewed by the Cardinals game btw.

The Titans are relying mainly on running the ball with the most dangerous player in the league right now, Chris Johnson who is even tougher to defend with a threat to run like VY at QB and an OL that has allowed the fewest sacks in the league while also being # 1 in rushing (that makes them the best statistically methinks)...

VY is doing very well right now because he's in the perfect situation and he has some talents himself. I think that drive was a thing of beauty, I wish that the Texans would call for more short passes especially considering the deficiencies on our OL. I think we could shred defenses, especially when OD was in the lineup, by dinking and dunking down the field and letting our skill players make plays in space. Plus it would mask our deficiencies in the running game and would help open up the deep ball that we're currently trying to force all too often now that OD is out of the lineup.

I hate that the Titans are back to their winning ways because it means that Jeff Fisher is still gonna be their coach...which sucks for us because we're still the weakest in the division when it comes to HCs.

Wolf
11-30-2009, 07:34 PM
on a side note, I wonder if fisher took over the playcalling duties on defense, they fixed that debacle it seems

TheRealJoker
11-30-2009, 07:44 PM
on a side note, I wonder if fisher took over the playcalling duties on defense, the fixed that debacle it seems

I'm sure a combination of him taking a more hands-on role with the defense combined with injured players in the secondary returning helped them out a lot.

ReliantTexan
11-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Is anyone else seeing a trend with VY? He's great when he's taking over winless teams whose playoffs aspirations are pretty much shot. We'll see next year if he reverts back to his old self when he's back to being the "guy" on a team expected to be in the playoffs.