PDA

View Full Version : That's Where the Texans Are

Scooter
11-08-2009, 04:15 PM
the texans are as good as anybody in the NFL. peyton threw everywhere, we spotted the colts 3 turnovers (one at the goalline), had around 150 yards in penalties, and missed a gimme fieldgoal ... and still should have won that game. the colts didnt beat the texans, the texans beat the texans. that's the youth of this team reading their press (and listening to their fat little girlfriends) and letting small mental mistakes make a huge impact on the game. we're going to win the majority of our remaining games this season, and today's performance convinced me of that. i'm not an optomistic fan, i didnt expect us to win this one ... nor am i thinking the sky is falling. we're a very young and very talented team that just showed (as we did in our first few games), that we can beat anyone when our mistakes dont become excessive.

Jackie Chiles
11-08-2009, 04:18 PM
the texans are as good as anybody in the NFL. peyton threw everywhere, we spotted the colts 3 turnovers (one at the goalline), had around 150 yards in penalties, and missed a gimme fieldgoal ... and still should have won that game. the colts didnt beat the texans, the texans beat the texans. that's the youth of this team reading their press (and listening to their fat little girlfriends) and letting small mental mistakes make a huge impact on the game. we're going to win the majority of our remaining games this season, and today's performance convinced me of that. i'm not an optomistic fan, i didnt expect us to win this one ... nor am i thinking the sky is falling. we're a very young and very talented team that just showed (as we did in our first few games), that we can beat anyone when our mistakes dont become excessive.

What else is new? Seriously, I think Sage Rosenfels knew Kris was going to miss that kick.

HJam72
11-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Only thing I disagree with is that I doubt these multi-millionaires have fat little girlfriends. :)

Lucky
11-08-2009, 04:51 PM
the texans are as good as anybody in the NFL....
Nope. The Texans are 5-4. And you are what your record is.

Maybe the Texans will improve over the 2nd half, and finish with a good record. But, there are still plenty of teams better than the Texans. They just played a team that is better, today.

TexanBacker93
11-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I did some quick research on the league since the Texans have been around.

Only 3 teams haven't made the playoffs in those 7 years: Buffalo, Detroit, and Houston.

22 teams have been there at least twice.

The Colts are the only team to be there each year.

8 teams have gone from picking in the top 3 to playoffs sometime after that draft.

Tennessee, San Diego, Cincinnati, New Orleans, Arizona, Miami, Atlanta, and Carolina.

The Texans have picked top 3 twice and are still waiting on their first playoff appearance. Not as bad as Detroit, though.

Hervoyel
11-08-2009, 05:49 PM
The Texans are well on their way to a third .500 record and may even surprise everybody and come in a game above that. We are ordinary. Stupid but ordinary.

cdollaz
11-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Yeah, we may be able to beat anyone (although we haven't proven that yet), but we can also lose to the Jets and Jaguars at home, so who cares.

Norg
11-08-2009, 06:29 PM
"the texans are as good as anybody in the NFL" wrong intill proven otherwise

5-4 we are has good has our record

TexanSam
11-08-2009, 06:32 PM
The Texans are well on their way to a third .500 record and may even surprise everybody and come in a game above that. We are ordinary. Stupid but ordinary.

The Texans are better than .500. I predict they'll finish 10-6.