PDA

View Full Version : Will the moral victory crowd please shut up!

Pantherstang84
11-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Enough with the "we took them to the wire" crap. Ok? Just shut up already!

You ***** about not getting recognition from the national press. Today was the day to make a statement. This was the chance. Instead the Texans looked like the freaking Keystone Cops out there and you want to say we gave them a good game. That's what losers do.

Do you realize that if the Texans had won today that EVERY football writer on the North American continent would have been our bitches this week.

Instead the Texans were a head case from the beginning. I would rather they stay in Houston and forfeit the game than to pull the crap they did today. What a freaking joke.

Norg
11-08-2009, 04:27 PM
yes this team is supposed to be past Moral Victorys we want to WIN ..... has far has me has a fan i want to WIN Superbowls !!!!!!

Lucky
11-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Who are you talking to?

TexanSam
Another overreaction.

This is the NFL. There's a winner and a loser (usually). The Texans lost a close game to the best team in the NFL. The Texans are still 5-4 and in the middle of the wildcard hunt. This one loss is not the end of the 2009 season.

eriadoc
We definitely would have gotten a lot of positive pub if we'd won, but we did take them to the wire ...

:D

(kidding, of course)

hot pickle
11-08-2009, 04:31 PM
ummm i think we impressed more people that werent texans fans then didnt impress... so i dunno what ur talking about buddy..... im in canada and they showed the texans game instead of the pats and miami game... that means alot here cause there are so many pats fans here... everyone this week was saying how the texans were gonna get destroyed.... but... we didnt... so i think u should stop complaining about the complainers and maybe shouldnt have even made this thread

Pantherstang84
11-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Who are you talking to?

Just read the last few pages of the Gameday thread. Geez. We are supposed to be pissed after a loss not "happy we had a chance to win." Pfffft!

HJam72
11-08-2009, 04:32 PM
The rematch will be in Indy in January. It's gonna happen...

Before that, the Texans will route the Colts for the first time in Houston.

Malloy
11-08-2009, 04:33 PM

You ***** about not getting recognition from the national press. Today was the day to make a statement. This was the chance. Instead the Texans looked like the freaking Keystone Cops out there and you want to say we gave them a good game. That's what losers do.

Do you realize that if the Texans had won today that EVERY football writer on the North American continent would have been our bitches this week.

Instead the Texans were a head case from the beginning. I would rather they stay in Houston and forfeit the game than to pull the crap they did today. What a freaking joke.

erh... wtf?

Thanks for generalizing... how about you accuse me of beating kittens too ?

50boys
11-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Stop being a fan, that was a good game against a great team. They had all those problems and still " took them down to wire". You sir are the one that need to shut the F up and stop being a Texans fan.

Pantherstang84
erh... wtf?

Thanks for generalizing... how about you accuse me of beating kittens too ?

Hey. You're the one trying the shoe on.

MEGA SWATT
Penalties, fumbles, sacks, interceptions out the azz. We don't want to be a playoff team. For what? So we can go get owned and get bounced, for what? Just to say we made it to the playoffs. Please. This team can't handle the playoffs. Kris Brown let the colts off the hook. The biggest kick of his career and he blows it. Completely blows it. Wastes all the effort from everyone else that put the team in a position to go to OT.

This team pisses me off.

bckey
11-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Stop being a fan, that was a good game against a great team. They had all those problems and still " took them down to wire". You sir are the one that need to shut the F up and stop being a Texans fan.

How about you shut up newbie. 26 posts and telling someone to stop being a fan.

threeputtsam
11-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Same ole Texans, Same ole Texans, Same ole Texans

valleytexfan
11-08-2009, 04:37 PM
I hear you, but I'm not as pissed as I'd normally be. This team is better. Now we gotta win four in a row after the bye

PHAROAH
11-08-2009, 04:39 PM
I agree we have to win these close games but we get them again in 3 weeks.

Pantherstang84
11-08-2009, 04:39 PM

Correction. It was a horrible performance against a good team. From the coaching all the way down to the kicker. If the Texans that played Cinci had shown up this game wouldn't have even been close.

I'll see your "down to the wire" and raise you a "pathetic performance".

eriadoc
11-08-2009, 04:40 PM
I hear you, but I'm not as pissed as I'd normally be. This team is better. Now we gotta win four in a row after the bye

Better than what? This team is better half the time than the team that shows up the other half is about it. The second half team is better than the first half team. So OK, I'll give you that.

Carr Bombed
11-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Saying the team is not "the same ole texans" is not saying you like moral victories... (This team IS past moral victories)

It's just speaking the truth. The "same ole texans" get their ass packed up and mailed back to houston after a blow out if they play like that against the Colts.

Anybody who actually thinks this is the "Same ole Texans" needs to pull tape of 2005 and get a refresher on the definition of "suck". :rolleyes:

Good teams can play like crap against a quality opponent and still have a chance to win at the end......we are a good team. Playoff teams can play like crap against quality opponents and still find a way to win at the end........we are not a playoff team......but we're close.

THAT IS THE THRUTH.

hot pickle
11-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Correction. It was a horrible performance against a good team. From the coaching all the way down to the kicker. If the Texans that played Cinci had shown up this game wouldn't have even been close.

I'll see your "down to the wire" and raise you a "pathetic performance".

wow... did u watch the game??? we came back against the best team in football and had them on there heels... sure we didnt get the win... but no one expected us to... am i upset that we lost... sure i am... but not one person i talked to expected us to win .. everyone i know thought the texans would get destroyed... and i told them last night this game will be determined by 3 points and they all laughed... so now i believe that the jokes on them... u should settle down and have a beer after the games before u come here and sound completely ignorant

awtysst
11-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Just read the last few pages of the Gameday thread. Geez. We are supposed to be pissed after a loss not "happy we had a chance to win." Pfffft!

If you don't like our opinion, then DON'T READ IT! I am not going to censor my opinion just because YOU do not like it.

HJam72
11-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Penalties, fumbles, sacks, interceptions out the azz. We don't want to be a playoff team. For what? So we can go get owned and get bounced, for what? Just to say we made it to the playoffs. Please. This team can't handle the playoffs. Kris Brown let the colts off the hook. The biggest kick of his career and he blows it. Completely blows it. Wastes all the effort from everyone else that put the team in a position to go to OT.

This team pisses me off.

You definitely cannot count on the idea that we would have won in OT. I blame this game on the Texans guys upstairs for not screaming, "Run a play!!!! NOW!!!!" after the supposed fumble, which I still believe was basically a fumble out of bounds that Moats inadvertantly knocked back in. He was OOB and touching the ball. It's not like they would have counted it a TD if somebody on our team had grabbed it and stepped over the goal-line.

Penalties killed us too. I just looked at the stats on NFL.com and we just outplayed the Colts in their house....except for over 100 yards in penalties and a ridiculous fumble.

Pantherstang84
11-08-2009, 04:52 PM
wow... did u watch the game??? we came back against the best team in football and had them on there heels... sure we didnt get the win... but no one expected us to... am i upset that we lost... sure i am... but not one person i talked to expected us to win .. everyone i know thought the texans would get destroyed... and i told them last night this game will be determined by 3 points and they all laughed... so now i believe that the jokes on them... u should settle down and have a beer after the games before u come here and sound completely ignorant

Obviously you must have turned the game on at half time.

hot pickle
11-08-2009, 04:55 PM
hahah no my friend i watch the whole game.... but one half of bad football doesnt make it a shitty performance when u come back so strong in the second half and almost beat an undefeated team

50boys
11-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I need a beer. I don't know what's worse. The lost today or some fans pissing and moaning. I guess you can't make everyone happy. Oh well

MEGA SWATT
11-08-2009, 04:57 PM
You definitely cannot count on the idea that we would have won in OT. I blame this game on the Texans guys upstairs for not screaming, "Run a play!!!! NOW!!!!" after the supposed fumble, which I still believe was basically a fumble out of bounds that Moats inadvertantly knocked back in. He was OOB and touching the ball. It's not like they would have counted it a TD if somebody on our team had grabbed it and stepped over the goal-line.

Penalties killed us too. I just looked at the stats on NFL.com and we just outplayed the Colts in their house....except for over 100 yards in penalties and a ridiculous fumble.

I mentioned penalties in my post. I can tell you this, if you hit the field goal, you go to OT and give yourself a chance. You don't know if that momentum would have propelled the Texans on both sides of the ball to play a monster OT period. Kris Brown blew it. He should have nailed that kick like the experienced player that he is.

Malloy
11-08-2009, 04:57 PM
I need a beer. I don't know what's worse. The lost today or some fans pissing and moaning. I guess you can't make everyone happy. Oh well

I'm more irritated at some fans than I am with the team. :)

Oh well, time for more beer, and time to go cheer for the Chargers to kill the other Manning :)

Pantherstang84
11-08-2009, 04:58 PM

Go drink your beer and be happy about the LOSS.

Pantherstang84
11-08-2009, 04:59 PM
hahah no my friend i watch the whole game.... but one half of bad football doesnt make it a shitty performance when u come back so strong in the second half and almost beat an undefeated team

Yes it does. Get off of the plane ready to play football and this game isn't even close.

UK_Texan
11-08-2009, 05:00 PM
my 2cents, Colts had a tough game to 49ers last week and only just beat them this week they narrowley avoided going in to OT and the game could of gone either way.

At the end of the day this is a team with 100% and we kept the game down to the final second after the poor start we had.

It shows the colts are beatable, analyse todays game and we will have them back at reliant

Khari
11-08-2009, 05:01 PM
lol@overreactions

Goatcheese
11-08-2009, 05:02 PM
What is it about a loss that makes the posters here stupid?

I'm not talking your ordinary run of the mill stupid. I mean painful to read, embarrassed for the poster stupid. :gun:

MannyFresh
11-08-2009, 05:04 PM
blame Ian

Malloy
11-08-2009, 05:05 PM

I'm not talking your ordinary run of the mill stupid. I mean painful to read, embarrassed for the poster stupid. :gun:

must spread rep....

With those words GoatCheese, I'll go get more beer and watch a acouple more games. Have a great evening y'all :)

HJam72
11-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Hey, we got a great moral victory today! :fans::fans::fans:

Uh....what were y'all talkin' about?

MannyFresh
11-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Hey, we got a great moral victory today! :fans::fans::fans:

Uh....what were y'all talkin' about?

I think we have the SuperBowl wins of Moral victories...

Jackie Chiles
11-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Too many real wins have gotten in the way of our typical moral victory this year. If we want to get back in the moral victory playoff hunt to defend our moral victory title we are going to have to step it up and let a few more games slip away from us.

Hervoyel
11-08-2009, 06:37 PM
There are no moral victories anymore. That tank is empty. Anyone who sees a moral victory in this game needs to have their head examined. Almost winning against the Colts doesn't cut it. It particularly stinks when we spend almost the entire first half making fools of ourselves on offense and bumbling around without a single first down until late in the 2nd quarter. THIS is supposed to be our vaunted "top-ten offense"? I'm supposed to get excited about Matt Schaub when he throws into triple coverage and gets picked off like he's trying to look like David Carr? Then he can't run a play from first and goal without calling a time out and checking with Gary and Baby Shanahan? What does "Gomer" have between his ears? They don't have a play ready for first and goal at the 1 or 2?

This team isn't untalented. It's unintelligent. These guys play and coach a stupid brand of football that's filled with mistakes and miscues. When it goes on for multiple years that's institutional. That's something in their preparation process coming through. You practice how you play and we play like a team that takes half a game sometimes to even appear to know we're in one.

Pantherstang84
11-08-2009, 06:42 PM
There are no moral victories anymore. That tank is empty. Anyone who sees a moral victory in this game needs to have their head examined. Almost winning against the Colts doesn't cut it. It particularly stinks when we spend almost the entire first half making fools of ourselves on offense and bumbling around without a single first down until late in the 2nd quarter. THIS is supposed to be our vaunted "top-ten offense"? I'm supposed to get excited about Matt Schaub when he throws into triple coverage and gets picked off like he's trying to look like David Carr? Then he can't run a play from first and goal without calling a time out and checking with Gary and Baby Shanahan? What does "Gomer" have between his ears? They don't have a play ready for first and goal at the 1 or 2?

This team isn't untalented. It's unintelligent. These guys play and coach a stupid brand of football that's filled with mistakes and miscues. When it goes on for multiple years that's institutional. That's something in their preparation process coming through. You practice how you play and we play like a team that takes half a game sometimes to even appear to know we're in one.

I want to rep you again Herv. But I probably should spread it around.

Thorn
11-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Moral victory, no moral victory, over reacting fans, or fans just pissed at the same ole bullshit. Whatever.

All this means is we now have four losses. We can only lose one more time, maybe twice, the rest of the season if we are to make the playoffs. And we got another game with Indy and New England. The Texans better quit this playing half a game shit unless they want to be watching the playoffs on TV again.

Carr Bombed
11-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Moral victory, no moral victory, over reacting fans, or fans just pissed at the same ole bullshit. Whatever.

All this means is we now have four losses. We can only lose one more time, maybe twice, the rest of the season if we are to make the playoffs. And we got another game with Indy and New England. The Texans better quit this playing half a game shit unless they want to be watching the playoffs on TV again.

They will be watching the playoffs again.....but then again it wasn't this loss that did that to us. (that's probably why I'm not upset right now). It was the loss at home to Jacksonville and the loss at home to NY against a rookie HC and a rookie QB making his first start.... (which is why those were the games where I ranted and raved....not this one)

Those two losses mortally wounded us as far as playoff chances go. In order to make the playoffs (especially in this conference) you need to beat the teams you're supposed to beat (Jax and NY) and knock off a few you aren't (Cincy). We beat NY and Jax AT HOME and we're 7 and 2 right now and nobody is pissing and moaning like a bunch of babies.

ObsiWan
11-08-2009, 07:12 PM

I'm sorry. If you chose to whine and ***** about this loss then have at it.
I could care less about what football writers think. I didn't give a crap what they thought when they were dissing the Texans, why the hell would I seek their "approval" now??

Screw 'em all, dammit.

Pantherstang84
11-08-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm sorry. If you chose to whine and ***** about this loss then have at it.
I could care less about what football writers think. I didn't give a crap what they thought when they were dissing the Texans, why the hell would I seek their "approval" now??

Screw 'em all, dammit.

And I could care less about the press either. But I swear I better not ever see a "(insert your favorite media outlet here) thinks we will lose this weekend Wahwahwah!" thread again this season.

jppaul
11-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Funny stuff. Don't worry guys I am confident that we will destroy the bye week.

We should win out for the rest of the schedule with the possible exception of the Colts. I don't see the Patriots playing thier starters for the week 17 game.

MannyFresh
11-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Funny stuff. Don't worry guys I am confident that we will destroy the bye week.

We should win out for the rest of the schedule with the possible exception of the Colts. I don't see the Patriots playing thier starters for the week 17 game.

and I will still miss a field goal on the Bye week...LOL..."sniff" why do i keep showing up in threads? "sniff,sniff"
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Antonio2006_photos/IanHowfield.gif

GNTLEWOLF
11-08-2009, 08:22 PM
I have to say....I'm not upset about this loss today. The losses I was upset about were the losses to the Jags and the Jets and the Cardinals. I felt we should have won those games. I fully expected a loss today to a team that has proven to be superior to the Texans since our inception. I am a bit surprised that the score was as close as it was, but not upset. I am not amoung the moral victory crowd either. There are no more moral victories for a team that should be becoming a play-off caliber team. Notice the words "should be". I firmly believe any team is only as good as it's record, no excuses. You win or you lose. So I gues I'm not upset because this team is who I thought they were.

Pantherstang84
11-08-2009, 08:32 PM
I have to say....I'm not upset about this loss today. The losses I was upset about were the losses to the Jags and the Jets and the Cardinals. I felt we should have won those games. I fully expected a loss today to a team that has proven to be superior to the Texans since our inception. I am a bit surprised that the score was as close as it was, but not upset. I am not amoung the moral victory crowd either. There are no more moral victories for a team that should be becoming a play-off caliber team. Notice the words "should be". I firmly believe any team is only as good as it's record, no excuses. You win or you lose. So I gues I'm not upset because this team is who I thought they were.

*sigh* The life of a Texans fan.

gtexan02
11-08-2009, 09:10 PM
I would rather they stay in Houston and forfeit the game than to pull the crap they did today. What a freaking joke.

I couldn't tell if this thread was serious or not, and then I read this line.

A 3 point loss to an undefeated Colts team? FIRE EVERYONE

Pantherstang84
11-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I couldn't tell if this thread was serious or not, and then I read this line.

A 3 point loss to an undefeated Colts team? FIRE EVERYONE

Don't go there. Show me where I said everyone should get fired. Again obviously you missed the first half. This team cannot get off of an airplane ready to play football to save their lives. You think the Colts will take the first half off in three weeks? I am talking about having a football team that will actually play 4 quarters of football. Yes a football game does have 4 quarters not 2.

If you are satisfied with a mediocre football team then so be it.

Mr. White
11-08-2009, 09:18 PM
If anyone thought that we were actually going to win this game before it started, then you're delusional.

We all knew this game was going to be a loss....it was just a question of how bad we were gonna lose.

I'm just glad it was close. Is that a "moral victory?" I don't care what it's called.

hot pickle
11-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Don't go there. Show me where I said everyone should get fired. Again obviously you missed the first half. This team cannot get off of an airplane ready to play football to save their lives. You think the Colts will take the first half off in three weeks? I am talking about having a football team that will actually play 4 quarters of football. Yes a football game does have 4 quarters not 2.

so if we woulda gone to OT and won you would still be saying this?? i doubt that u would be all gung hoe about the win and saying how great this team is... ever comment that u have in this thread is probably the most retarded things ive heard so every time u post something its even more retarded then the last cause ur making ur self look more like an *****

LonerATO
11-09-2009, 12:20 AM

I would also like to add the fact that this place is like an elephant graveyard during a win, but explodes during a loss

bckey
11-09-2009, 12:30 AM
I would also like to add the fact that this place is like an elephant graveyard during a win, but explodes during a loss

It might have something to do with the way we lose. Every loss was winnable up to the end except the Jets. The Texans are giving games away. Playoff teams don't do that. They find a way to win.

Texan4Ever
11-09-2009, 01:17 AM
I think some of the fans need to take it easy. Yes, the Texans got killed by penalties. Yes, Schaub was not his usual self today. Yes, our defense sucked it up on many plays.

But, you know what?

Its the NFL, this is why teams play every game one at a time. Lets not over react, the Texans played a tough team and gave up only 2 sacks to possibily the best defensive end duo in the league which is darn good if you ask me.

Now this doesn't mean we (the Texans) lay low and pop open a nice Coors Lite, we need to open up more holes for our running game and the defense needs to communicate better, especially our DBs (Dunta, you looked lost today and Dallas Clark totally wrecked your unit in this game, and this is why your ass doesn't get paid the BIG BUCK$)

But we still have 7 more games to go and all that matters is that we build on the positives and correct the negatives and gear up against the Titans.

So, untill then...

Us fans need to chill a bit' before saying our goodbyes to Kris Brown or calling for Kubiaks head or whatever else.

Just what I'm thinking...:bender:

TexCanada
11-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Some of the fans of this team are ridiculous. The ups and downs are incredible. The same people who are booking their playoff trips one week are swearing they will never watch a Texans game again the next week. How about a little support for our team.

We are a much better team this year. Fact.
We still have a very reasonable shot at playoffs.
We lost to a top team in the league today on the road, did we really expect a win?

The truth is that we are putting a very competitive football team on the field every week this season. We are in a position, despite shooting ourselves in the foot with a few bad losses, to make a playoff run. Our team and our coaches are all very young and still learning!

imatexan
11-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Will the:

Haters,overeacters,no football knowledge,bandwagoners,trolls...

Please leave now!

That is the way this thread needs to go...I am not claiming a moral victory but come on people this has to end soon.

Sal Rosenberg
11-09-2009, 02:27 AM
Blow it out your...excuse I am hurting :voodoo:

tylercoltsfan
11-09-2009, 03:00 AM

Wow.... You need to relax.... That was the closest game the Colts have had all year.... Your this mad about them losing by 3 points in which it could have went into over time, I would hate to see what you would be like if they lost by 40....

Whats wrong with people being positive and rooting for their team.... Yes the Texans lost, but do you know what this shows.... That the Texans are DAMN GOOD TEAM!!! I was nervous all throughout the game, and if we didnt have that huge lead of 13-0 going into the 2nd half?? the game could have ended alot different....

What are Texans fans suppose to say?? We got our ass'es kicked, thats it pack it up were done... No you came into our house (in Indy) And almost won as the under dog!! This shows that you guys can EASILY win at home in Houston as long as you dont make stupid mistakes....

IT also shows if you guys get the wild card and have to face us in the Playoffs you can win there to, where Peyton usually (Hate to say it) CHOKES!! Peyton played extremely well again today, if he was so much as slightly off today the Texans would have won.

I really hope the Texans make the playoffs, they deserve it... They are a good team... Buts its fans like you that give other proud fans of their team a bad name by completely over reacting... The Colts were 7-0, and it was in their house and the Texans lost by 3 friggin points!!

Houston should beat Tennessee (its in Houston), Against Indy (I am neverous about that game) Houston can take that as well... Then they play a bad Jacksonville team, a bad Seahawks team, St Louis, and Miami... Those should all be winners!! New England at the end of the season will be tough depending if they have their starters in or not. Houston is still very much alive for the wild card race. They gave Indy the toughest game they had all year, and I respect Houston a hell of alot.... I cant believe your giving your team this much crap over losing to an undefeated team by 3 points wow.

tylercoltsfan
11-09-2009, 03:06 AM

Believe it or not the Colts had the 8th OVER ALL best defense in the NFL coming into this game. Teams struggle sometimes, sh*t happens!! The Colts couldnt do a lick against San Fran last week... I think they scored a total of 9 pathetic points going into the 4th quarter. If it had not been for that fumble the Texans would have won today.

I cant believe your this upset over the game, I will be the first to admitt the Colts got VERY lucky with a missed field goal, and a fumble in the red zone.... The Texans wont make those stupid mistakes every week BELIEVE ME!! You need to re watch the game again and see how good your team actually played. Shutting the Colts down to 20 points all game.... And coming out in the 2nd half and scoring 17 unanswered points.

wagonhed
11-09-2009, 03:30 AM
Not that anyone cares, but....

I wasn't furious about the Cardinals game, or the Jags game. But I'm still furious about this game. I'm not angry at our players, though. I'm angry at the refs, because they stole this game from us, and I'm angry at whoever we put in the skybox to help us with replay calls. Our team played well enough to beat the best team in the NFL and it was stolen from us by the refs and by some asshole who doesn't know how to do his job.

As far as I'm concerned, this game was a victory. I don't watch football for the stats pages, or the standings, or even for "titles". I don't give a shit what the box score says. I watch it because I like to see the guys and the team I care about succeed. I like to see them struggle and fight and have their efforts pay off. Today, our guys fought hard and the refs decided they weren't gonna let that happen. To me, football is more than Ws and Ls. The Colts got a W today, but they know in their hearts that they were bested.

**** the refs. They don't matter. I'm proud of the Texans.

Pantherstang84
11-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Now that I've had a good night's sleep….

Yeah. I'm still pissed.

Many of you jumped my case yesterday because I fail to see the good in yesterday's loss.

There is no comparison between the defense of the first 3 weeks to now. Yeah I get that. Glad for it. Defense is now fixed. Good.

What I am pissed about and have been consistent with this argument, is the Texans inability to go on the road and play decent offense in the first half. It is like they forget their brains in the locker room and go back and retrieve them at the half. It has to stop!

Anyone remember last season when you could just about count on the Texans taking their opening possession and getting points? What happened to that? How has the strength of the team become the weakness in the first half? This is a pattern developing. I don't get it.

Good teams get off of the plane ready to play regardless of the venue. Playoff teams do this.

There have been a lot of posts the last 20 hours about wild card scenarios. Screw the Wild Card win the Division!

Is the goal here to just make the playoffs through the back door or to be a championship contending team?

I'm telling you if the offense came ready to play in the first half the Texans would have won this game by 10+ points. This in spite all of the flags, the free gift at the 2 yard line, etc.

And for people to excuse that lack of preparation just gets me steamed. Sorry, we have have to start holding this team to a higher standard or be content with another 8-8 finish.

Regarding the officiating crew…

I'm not a ref bitcher. I'm a firm believer that good teams play through the adversity and find ways to win, but come on? 13 penalties? Really? When is the last time the Texans have ever had 13 penalties called against them?

I'm not a black helicopter conspiracy theory guy, but something was up yesterday.

Anyway, here's hoping to see this team someday take the next step and join the big boy club in the NFL.

Call me a hater if you want, call me irrational if you want, that is just how I see it.

Is Kubiak happy with this loss? I doubt it. :texflag:

Malloy
11-09-2009, 09:06 AM
First good post from you in a while, perhaps you should stay away from the boards until the day after a loss, much more coherent and intelligent :)

Personally I like the fact that we have shown to progress as a team, not in all facets and not at the same speed. But things ARE moving forward, things ARE getting better. If we went 2-14 again I too would be less than happy.

Anyway, the game is over, lets deconstruct the sucker and see if we can identify our weaknesses and what we can do to deal with them. :)

Pantherstang84
11-09-2009, 09:20 AM
First good post from you in a while, perhaps you should stay away from the boards until the day after a loss, much more coherent and intelligent :)

Personally I like the fact that we have shown to progress as a team, not in all facets and not at the same speed. But things ARE moving forward, things ARE getting better. If we went 2-14 again I too would be less than happy.

Anyway, the game is over, lets deconstruct the sucker and see if we can identify our weaknesses and what we can do to deal with them. :)

Same thing I said yesterday partner. Pissed at mediocroty and those who accept it.

Mr. White
11-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Same thing I said yesterday partner. Pissed at mediocroty and those who accept it.

I'm with you. I'm pissed with mediocrity as well. I've piled on every "Fire _____" thread from Richard Smith to Rick Smith.

But what we saw yesterday was an improvement. I have a hard time being mad at that.

ChampionTexan
11-09-2009, 09:34 AM

PS84 -

As a fan, what exactly does "not accepting mediocrity" consist of? It's a serious question. If every fan acted exactly like you believe they should, what would we be seeing?

Pantherstang84
11-09-2009, 09:39 AM
PS84 -

As a fan, what exactly does "not accepting mediocrity" consist of? It's a serious question. If every fan acted exactly like you believe they should, what would we be seeing?

What you would see is fans pissed at the lack of preparation consistently this year. Instead, you get, "Gee. Two years ago this game would have been a blow out. So I'm happy with the result."

Is this team better than 2 years ago? Yes it is.

Look, if the Texans had showed up to play all 4 quarters and still lost, I can live with that. I can.

It is the sloppy play and the acceptance of it that chaps me.

ChampionTexan
11-09-2009, 09:49 AM
What you would see is fans pissed at the lack of preparation consistently this year. Instead, you get, "Gee. Two years ago this game would have been a blow out. So I'm happy with the result."

Is this team better than 2 years ago? Yes it is.

Look, if the Texans had showed up to play all 4 quarters and still lost, I can live with that. I can.

It is the sloppy play and the acceptance of it that chaps me.

Can't you be pissed/disappointed with the current result yet still be optimistic about the general direction of the team and the possibilities the current season still offers?

Pantherstang84
11-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Can't you be pissed/disappointed with the current result yet still be optimistic about the general direction of the team and the possibilities the current season still offers?

Four losses in the first half of the season gives very little wiggle room for the rest of the season. Thinking the Texans will run the table the rest of the season is a little unrealistic. They will lose a game or 2 they should win the rest of the way. Probably 10-6 at best, looking at the rest of the AFC, 10-6 will most likely not be good enough. Getting beat by a better team is acceptable. Beating yourself is not.

TexCanada
11-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Four losses in the first half of the season gives very little wiggle room for the rest of the season. Thinking the Texans will run the table the rest of the season is a little unrealistic. They will lose a game or 2 they should win the rest of the way. Probably 10-6 at best, looking at the rest of the AFC, 10-6 will most likely not be good enough. Getting beat by a better team is acceptable. Beating yourself is not.

So you would rather have a Texans team that just loses because they are not as good? The mistakes we made in this game ones that can be fixed with a little more maturity and mental preparation. While I am not happy with this loss, I take solace in the fact that I know we can beat almost anybody in this league by correcting a few small things.

Pantherstang84
11-09-2009, 01:46 PM
So you would rather have a Texans team that just loses because they are not as good? The mistakes we made in this game ones that can be fixed with a little more maturity and mental preparation. While I am not happy with this loss, I take solace in the fact that I know we can beat almost anybody in this league by correcting a few small things.

Yep. I would rather they bring their A game and lose then lay a big turd on the field and stink up the joint. This team does not need a coach. It needs a shrink.

TexCanada
11-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Yep. I would rather they bring their A game and lose then lay a big turd on the field and stink up the joint. This team does not need a coach. It needs a shrink.

So you are basically saying that you are happier with the Texans teams of a few years ago then the current one? I can't even comprehend that. This is a really solid team with potential to be great. We finally have enough skill on this team to win some games, but this potential can't be reached over night.

Pantherstang84
11-09-2009, 01:57 PM
So you are basically saying that you are happier with the Texans teams of a few years ago then the current one? I can't even comprehend that. This is a really solid team with potential to be great. We finally have enough skill on this team to win some games, but this potential can't be reached over night.

Nope don't try that. I did not say that and you know it. Try again.

I said I would rather the team bring their A game and lose to a better team. If you bring your A game and still fall short, there is no shame in that. I did not say in any way that I was happy with the Texans from a few years.

TexCanada
11-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Nope don't try that. I did not say that and you know it. Try again.

I said I would rather the team bring their A game and lose to a better team. If you bring your A game and still fall short, there is no shame in that. I did not say in any way that I was happy with the Texans from a few years.

If we bring our A game and lose, how do we fix that? What would your solution to our problem be if we had played our best, and the score came out the same way it did?

I didn't say you were happy with that, I said happier. Big difference. The texans of old could bring their A game and lose, thats why their records were so terrible. If our current team brings their A game, we win. We just have to figure out how to consistenly bring our A game. I would much rather have that as a problem then just having players that aren't good enough.

Pantherstang84
11-09-2009, 03:25 PM
If we bring our A game and lose, how do we fix that? What would your solution to our problem be if we had played our best, and the score came out the same way it did?

I didn't say you were happy with that, I said happier. Big difference. The texans of old could bring their A game and lose, thats why their records were so terrible. If our current team brings their A game, we win. We just have to figure out how to consistenly bring our A game. I would much rather have that as a problem then just having players that aren't good enough.

Thank you for making the point. The fact of the matter is the Texans did not bring their A game and lost.

If the 2009 Texans had brought their A game and still lost, then you fix that in the off season by upgrading the roster.

My point throughout this thread and continues to be that as fans we should expect and demand the Texans bring their A game to every game. We should expect and demand they quit spazzing out on the road.

If as fans we continue to accept the spazzing out because they had a chance to win at the end, then be prepared to be perpetually disappointed.

imatexan
11-09-2009, 04:01 PM

Most of America gets by on mediocroty, not saying it is the rite thing but it is the truth.

Anyways, I do not accept mediocroty anymore either as I stated earlier in the season.

Thank goodness the Texans are not that kind of team this year.

Marcus
11-09-2009, 05:50 PM
I think there should be a 48 hour lockdown on this board after every game. Don't open it up to posts until about 7:00 Tuesday night.

I think it would smooth out the shin-banging roller-coaster around. Playoffs after a win, fire everyone after a loss. You hear the same knee-jerk phrases over and over again. It gets old.

threeputtsam
11-09-2009, 06:11 PM

That's a negative post. I hate negative people. You need to be more positive like me.

ObsiWan
11-09-2009, 06:51 PM
I think there should be a 48 hour lockdown on this board after every game. Don't open it up to posts until about 7:00 Tuesday night.

I think it would smooth out the shin-banging roller-coaster around. Playoffs after a win, fire everyone after a loss. You hear the same knee-jerk phrases over and over again. It gets old.

:clap::clap:

Pantherstang84
11-09-2009, 06:54 PM

Please provide a quote where I called for anyone to be fired. At the same time provide quotes where I was saying playoffs after a win. Go ahead. I'll wait.

ObsiWan
11-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Please provide a quote where I called for anyone to be fired. At the same time provide quotes where I was saying playoffs after a win. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Actually, I'm thinking that there isn't anyone on this MB that was satisfied with yesterday's loss. No one. I'm not as irate as you are but I'm disappointed.

We spent all week wondering if Moats would start because of Slaton's fumbling - then Moats fumbles!

I warned folks about Schaub throwing picks against Manning & the Colts because we can't afford it. What does he do? Throw a pair of them. One in crunch time.

But I see the good that came from that adversity. Three turnovers and the Manning only turned them into 3 pts. That says a lot for our defense. It also says the offense needs to step it back up to last year's level.

Bottom line: No one is "happy" about this loss. No one. (and yes, you did say that) But don't be down on us because we see positives in defeat. That, I think, gives them more confidence for next time.

And, lastly, for the record, I completely agree that we do need to start putting four quarters of good football together, on both sides of the ball, and for the rest of the season, or they will be watching the playoffs from home.
Again.
Peace.

DBCooper
11-09-2009, 07:32 PM
The whole problem stems from the fact that people rationalize a loss with positives. Nothing wrong with that, except the fact we have been "rationalizing" for the last 7 years now. I know what I want, wins, not a rationalization of why we are getting better.

Win! Win! Win!

Marcus
11-10-2009, 12:04 AM

Holy shit! I just figured out what my new sig is going to be.

:yahoo:

Pantherstang84
11-10-2009, 01:01 AM
Nothing wrong with that, except the fact we have been "rationalizing" for the last 7 years now. I know what I want, wins, not a rationalization of why we are getting better.

Win! Win! Win!

And I have found my new signature.

Speedy
11-10-2009, 01:01 AM
In the end, it's a loss. Doesn't matter if they played like crap and lost 59-0 or played them "down to the wire", it's ONE loss.

And yes, I'm pissed that they lost. I'm more pissed that it's a game they could have, should have won, but I'm pissed that they lost.

Are there positives in the loss? Yes. Just like there are negatives in a win. Just because I point out a positive in a loss doesn't mean I've come to accept losing. I repeat, I'm PISSED that they lost!!! In no way shape or form am I happy and content that the Texans came away with a L in that game. But that doesn't mean there weren't positives in the game. And anybody that can understand the game just a little can see that.

And I don't give a crap what the media thinks. I couldn't care less what they say or write. All I care about are wins. I want this team to win games. That's it. I don't care if they do it 49-48 or 3-0, just win the damn games.

Pantherstang84
11-10-2009, 01:03 AM
In the end, it's a loss. Doesn't matter if they played like crap and lost 59-0 or played them "down to the wire", it's ONE loss.

And yes, I'm pissed that they lost. I'm more pissed that it's a game they could have, should have won, but I'm pissed that they lost.

Are there positives in the loss? Yes. Just like there are negatives in a win. Just because I point out a positive in a loss doesn't mean I've come to accept losing. I repeat, I'm PISSED that they lost!!! In no way shape or form am I happy and content that the Texans came away with a L in that game. But that doesn't mean there weren't positives in the game. And anybody that can understand the game just a little can see that.

And I don't give a crap what the media thinks. I couldn't care less what they say or write. All I care about are wins. I want this team to win games. That's it. I don't care if they do it 49-48 or 3-0, just win the damn games.

And because of this the orignal post was not directed at you. You must go read the last few pages of the Gameday Thread.

Goatcheese
11-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Funny how it's ok to criticize bad plays in a win, but it's nerd rage inducing to mention good plays in a loss. :choke:

BuffaloglennTX
11-10-2009, 08:08 AM

I don't ***** about not getting recognition from the national press. I couldn't give a $H!T what they think. This Texans team is light years ahead of the 2006 team. Keystone Cops; I don't think so. I think losers are those who whine and ***** about every loss like it was the super bowl.

Blake
11-10-2009, 11:55 AM
I have to agree. This team had every opportunity to steal one from an undefeated colts team in indy and the "let em off the hook"

3 defensive starters out. a couple offensive starters out. Colts offense struggling the last few weeks. And how do we take advantage of that?

By coming out flat and starting slow. Causing penalty after penalty, turning the ball over. And missing a 42 yard field goal in an indoor facility.

What more is there to say? They may have cost themselves a spot in the playoffs today. Instead of battling the colts for the playoffs, we are now battling 5-6 teams for a wild card spot.