PDA

View Full Version : Happy Trails, Kris Brown.

Ryan
11-08-2009, 04:18 PM
You had a great run here in Houston, and i will appreciate you forever, but you choked today and now we're still snake bitten against the Colts because of it. You weren't the only reason we lost, but that fg was nothing for you 2 years ago. That can cost us a playoff berth, or even for that matter, a winning record.

Stemp
11-08-2009, 04:19 PM
You had a great run here in Houston, and i will appreciate you forever, but you choked today and now we're still snake bitten against the Colts because of it. You weren't the only reason we lost, but that fg was nothing for you 2 years ago. That can cost us a playoff berth, or even for that matter, a winning record.

That is bull. Kris is a great kicker and everyone makes mistakes. It's not like he's missed a bunch of field goals this year. He made a 56 yard one in this game. Not many Kickers can do that.

Norg
11-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Bye kris u had a good run ..... :(

TexanSam
11-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Overreaction

Malloy
11-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Miss a 42 yarder but made a 56 yarder.. I'd say we're even :)

Kulluminatii
11-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Overreaction

Yup, what really killed the Texans would be all those penalties :choke:. Today's game was great, hope its even better when the Colts head to Houston.

50boys
Based on that, we should get rid of alot of Texans. Everyone's upset but don't put it on Brown. That 56 yarder seems to be forgotten.

Carr Bombed
please pull away from the computer and take a breath. Kickers miss kicks......it happens.

Did everybody just happen to forget about the 56 yarder he hit earlier? :rolleyes:

Brown is not going anywhere and nobody is sicker than he is right now. This loss is on our shitty ass center (seriously how the hell does Kubiak even justify trotting his sorry ass out there every week), Moats, Dunta, and Barwin before it is on Kris Brown

Goatcheese
11-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Yo Ryan, I know you overreacting, and Ima let you finish, but Texecutioner is the greatest overreacter of all time.

rmartin65
I am not upset. Bummed, but not upset. Yes, he should have made that kick, but the 56 yarder was impressive. If he had missed a 56 yarder, but made a 42 yarder, no one would be complaining. 3 points is 3 points. The team lost.

Wolf
oh my goodness

Revolution
11-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Brown HAS to make that kick. His miss typifies our history to date. I'm not in line for the FIRE Kris Brown bandwagon, however.

False Start
11-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Dumb a$$ penalties killed us, KB is human it happens.

Wolf6151
11-08-2009, 04:25 PM

That's a gross overreaction. Kris is one of the best kickers in the NFL, we'd be stupid to get rid of him because of one missed kick. If it wasn't for his 56 yrd'r we wouldn't even be in a position to tie or win.

Big Lou
11-08-2009, 04:26 PM

Bull shit on this thread.

CONNER BARWIN WAS NOT OFFSIDES.

Every time the Colts needs a penalty they got one.

Texans34Life
11-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Nothing is going to happen to him. It's just our freaking luck of a franchise.

50boys
11-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Brown HAS to make that kick. His miss typifies our history to date. I'm not in line for the FIRE Kris Brown bandwagon, however.

Kris Brown won the only win against the Colts, enough said. Blaming him is stupid. Maybe people blaming him had to many beers so I'll let it go.

eriadoc
11-08-2009, 04:27 PM

There was a time, a few years ago, when Kris Brown was among the worst kickers (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=661688#post661688), if not the worst kicker, in the AFC. He's been nails since then for the most part, and one mistake is nothing to fret about. If we've afforded Slaton 7 fumbles, we can give KB a miss, I think.

TexansBlood
11-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Miss a 42 yarder but made a 56 yarder.. I'd say we're even :)

Even? That missed field goal cost us what we're been striving for since day 1 and playoff spot!!!!

chicagotexan2
this isn't Ian Howfield. So calm the eff down. It's hurts, but calm down.

Ryan
I am overreacting. I just need to take the blame on somebody different besides the classic coach or referrees. But did anybody else notice how Schaub got punched in the face on that last INT?

Hervoyel
11-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Can't put this on Kris Brown. I personally hang it around Matt Schaub's neck for the most part. His first pick was an awful decision. He calls a timeout to "talk it over" with Gary Kubiak just when the Colts need time to decide whether to throw the red flag or not. Schaub is almost good enough to overcome his own mistakes.... but not quite.

The offense killed us in general though. Imagine how good they'd be if they played two halves of football every week? Imagine how good a QB Schaub would be if Gary, Rick, & Bob went to see the Wizard and got him a brain?

Duane Brown was owned by Freeney & Co. Myers was owned by everybody who ever stood in front of him including the kid who handed him the cup of Gatorade. I swear I saw that kid throw him to the ground and run past him to get to Schaub (and then hand him a cup of Gatorade). We aren't even in this game without our defense. I owe Frank Bush an apology. They weren't perfect of course but they at least showed up for the entire game.

Kris Brown didn't do this. Our offense did this.

mariowillshine15
11-08-2009, 04:29 PM
He just missed. Kickers miss. Just he missed at the wrong time.

Jackie Chiles
11-08-2009, 04:33 PM
He just missed. Kickers miss. Just he missed at the wrong time.

No one has missed a FG against US all season. Not one.

I will be less upset at Kris if he comes and pays for the hole I put in my wall after he missed the most important FG he has kicked since he has been in Houston. I need some anger management, I don't even think I am done yet.

Carr Bombed
11-08-2009, 04:37 PM
In our only victory against the Colts it was because of the leg of Kris Brown.

People need to back off. How about you don't turn the ball over on the two and then you wouldn't have to worry about this crap. All houston would have to do is line up in the V formation if they don't fumble...

Or how about your charmin center doesn't get thrown around like a rag doll causing your QB to throw a late INT when he's driving your team down the field.

There's plenty of blame to go around.

TexansSeminole
11-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Dumb ass thread.

Ryan
11-08-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm in the mood to ***** right now. For sure the next matchup between the Colts is the difference between playoff team and slightly above average.

UK_Texan
11-08-2009, 04:41 PM
No probs with Mr Brown like people have said kickers can miss yes its their job not to. But then again when you give up so many penalties yes some of them were dodgy but some are very simple errors on our part. Which influenced the outcome no doubt.

This team is young and will grow from this when they come back to reliant

Mike Kerns
11-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Threads like these are why I usually stay out of here after a loss...

thunderkyss
11-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Dumb a$$ penalties killed us, KB is human it happens.

True......

maybe we were too amped. How many offsides did we commit? 4... 5?

MEGA SWATT
11-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Kris Brown let the colts off the hook. The biggest kick of his career and he blows it. Completely blows it. Wastes all the effort from everyone else that put the team in a position to go to OT.

This team pisses me off.

50boys
11-08-2009, 04:45 PM
This thread is B.S. Blame Brown if it makes you feel better.

awtysst
11-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Yup, what really killed the Texans would be all those penalties :choke:. Today's game was great, hope its even better when the Colts head to Houston.

There you go! Someone else who actually understand the game! Well done!

Malloy
11-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Kris Brown let the colts off the hook. The biggest kick of his career and he blows it. Completely blows it. Wastes all the effort from everyone else that put the team in a position to go to OT.

This team pisses me off.

Biggest game against the Colts for Brown would have been when he kicked the winning FG....

gwallaia
11-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Stupid Thread

Ryan
11-08-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm sorry y'all feel that way. But hey, if you're happy with 5-4, more power to you.

cdollaz
11-08-2009, 04:50 PM
He is fine for now, but when (or if) we ever get to be a serious SB contender, we need an upgrade.

MEGA SWATT
11-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Biggest game against the Colts for Brown would have been when he kicked the winning FG....

That's in the past bro. The biggest game of his career was today and he blew it. If you can't see that, then you're blind.

MannyFresh
11-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Think he'll cry too in his interview?

Malloy
11-08-2009, 04:55 PM
That's in the past bro. The biggest game of his career was today and he blew it. If you can't see that, then you're blind.

I disagree, but there is no way I'll be able to change your mind, so whatever makes you happy... :)

Hookem Horns
11-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Ian Howfield?? This isn't even close. Howfield missed a 31 yard field goal that would have won the game. Even if Brown makes the FG we go to OT and if the Colts won the toss I wouldn't like our chances.

gary
11-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Should Matt have taken the sack instead of forcing a pass? Yes sir.

MEGA SWATT
11-08-2009, 05:00 PM
I disagree, but there is no way I'll be able to change your mind, so whatever makes you happy... :)

I don't see how a game in the past is relevant to the now. Has-beens live in the past. What has he done for us lately? The biggest game of his career was the loss today. I think you just want to disagree for the sake of disagreeing. I'm not saying his best game, which is what I think you are reading into my post.

Ryan
11-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Should Matt have taken the sack instead of forcing a pass? Yes sir.

But he also got punched in the face. They would have called it on us if Manning got hit.

Jackie Chiles
11-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Even if Brown makes the FG we go to OT and if the Colts won the toss I wouldn't like our chances.

More like when the Colts win the toss. Seriously though, thats the third game this year that we fail to at least give ourselves an opportunity in OT. I have to believe this game would have been infinitely easier to swallow if we had lost in OT. So lame.

MojoMan
Kris Brown is a good kicker. He is not going anywhere. In all probability, he will be the Texans kicker for some years to come yet.

Malloy
I don't see how a game in the past is relevant to the now. Has-beens live in the past. What has he done for us lately? This was the biggest game of his career was the loss today. I think you just want to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

Nope, I disagree with you because I think your logic is rubbish.

But... following your logic, todays game is also in the past and therefore it does not matter.

The slate is clean, Next up Titans!

Ryan
11-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I will forget this game forever if we beat the Colts at home.

ATXtexanfan
11-08-2009, 05:05 PM
wow, this thread actually exists. the O didn't show up till it was 13-0 and people are putting this on chris brown. LOL a hundred times. total lack of knowledge

gary
11-08-2009, 05:06 PM
But he also got punched in the face. They would have called it on us if Manning got hit.That's true but on a play like that you go down with the football and you live to play another down.

TexansBlood
It's ok guy Kris Brown only cost us the playoffs.

Ryan
wow, this thread actually exists. the O didn't show up till it was 13-0 and people are putting this on chris brown. LOL a hundred times. total lack of knowledge

Chris Brown didn't play oh wise one.:thisbig:

MannyFresh
11-08-2009, 05:07 PM
It's ok guy Kris Brown only cost us the playoffs.

You know..what if this is the game that did it...say they beat the Colts at home, but this game is the spoiler...then how do we react?

thunderkyss
11-08-2009, 05:09 PM
I am overreacting. I just need to take the blame on somebody different besides the classic coach or referrees. But did anybody else notice how Schaub got punched in the face on that last INT?

Surely if the QB got hit in the head the refs would have threw a flag.

MannyFresh
11-08-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm sorry guys...

gary
11-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Chris Brown didn't play oh wise one.:thisbig:I wonder why. Is he hurt? Before anyone says anything he is not good at all but for him not to get at least one carry is odd.

thunderkyss
11-08-2009, 05:14 PM
There you go! Someone else who actually understand the game! Well done!

There are a lot of people on this board who understand despite all those penalties, despite the offenses ineptitude...... with 1 second left, Kris Brown could have erased what you "actually understand" about the game.

ATXtexanfan
11-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Chris Brown didn't play oh wise one.:thisbig:

how do put this game on him? if the colts won the toss and scored who do you blame?

thunderkyss
11-08-2009, 05:18 PM
I will forget this game forever if we beat the Colts at home.

We would continue to control our own destiny with a win here, and continue to compete for the division.

This loss puts us in a position where we need more help, especially from the Titans & the Jags.

Not likely to happen I know. But sweeping the Colts was our best chance at winning the division.

Ryan
11-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I wonder why. Is he hurt? Before anyone says anything he is not good at all but for him not to get at least one carry is odd.

they never really needed him today. He isn't much of an asset in the receiving game, and Slaton and Moats did well enough on short yardage when required.

how do put this game on him? if the colts won the toss and scored who do you blame?

Well at least we get a second shot at the game. I don't like when games are decided by missed FG's. This team deserved a second chance, and KB couldn't give it to them.

PHAROAH
11-08-2009, 05:21 PM
This guy blew it today no matter if he made a 56 yard kick he missed a shorter kick and he was within his range.

thunderkyss
11-08-2009, 05:21 PM

Doesn't matter. Since he missed the field goal..... it doesn't matter.

Had he made the field goal, we could explore those possibilities...

he missed..... game over.

ATXtexanfan
11-08-2009, 05:22 PM
they never really needed him today. He isn't much of an asset in the receiving game, and Slaton and Moats did well enough on short yardage when required.

Well at least we get a second shot at the game. I don't like when games are decided by missed FG's. This team deserved a second chance, and KB couldn't give it to them.

why aren't you killing moats? he got the starting spot over salton due to fumbles just to fumble at the one?

Ryan
11-08-2009, 05:23 PM
We would continue to control our own destiny with a win here, and continue to compete for the division.

This loss puts us in a position where we need more help, especially from the Titans & the Jags.

Not likely to happen I know. But sweeping the Colts was our best chance at winning the division.

Winning the division even before today's game seemed like a stretch. It was definitely possible before today, but WC is still a legitimate possibility. Not if we're 6-5 after the Colts game again. Crazier things have happeend in the NFL though, and it seems 10-6 is a sure ride to the playoffs this year.

Ryan
11-08-2009, 05:25 PM
why aren't you killing moats? he got the starting spot over salton due to fumbles just to fumble at the one?

I blame it on Kubiak and Co. for not getting a play off and in fact giving the Colts a few minutes to decide if they should throw the challenge flag. Yes, Moats screwed up, but i don't think it decided the game in the long run. Even if he didn't fumble, and they scored, the 2nd half could have been completely different, maybe not in the Texans favor. Momentum shifts effect the game.

threeputtsam
11-08-2009, 05:28 PM
We would have found a way to lose even if Brown made the kick.

We're born LOSERS

ATXtexanfan
11-08-2009, 05:28 PM
I blame it on Kubiak and Co. for not getting a play off and in fact giving the Colts a few minutes to decide if they should throw the challenge flag. Yes, Moats screwed up, but i don't think it decided the game in the long run. Even if he didn't fumble, and they scored, the 2nd half could have been completely different, maybe not in the Texans favor. Momentum shifts effect the game.

you don't think it decided the game in the long run??????

Ryan
11-08-2009, 05:31 PM
you don't think it decided the game in the long run??????

No i think the two biggest things were for the lack of personal foul call on the Colts during their last INT when they decked Schaub and the KB miss.

Momentum shifts can happen over some weird things, and maybe if the Texans had gotten that TD before the half, they might of had a much less sense of urgency.

gary
11-08-2009, 05:32 PM
I say it should be titled happy trails Chris Brown.

ATXtexanfan
11-08-2009, 05:35 PM
No i think the two biggest things were for the lack of personal foul call on the Colts during their last INT when they decked Schaub and the KB miss.

Momentum shifts can happen over some weird things, and maybe if the Texans had gotten that TD before the half, they might of had a much less sense of urgency.

didn't you say the moats fumble had nothing to do with the end result? this game falls on the O for falling behind 13-0. like the zona game

Ryan
11-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Yes i did say that, because it didn't. Unfortunately i don't have psychic abilities and don't really know what would have happened had they scored the TD and Moats not fumbled.

TheRealJoker
11-08-2009, 05:42 PM
I cant believe Mr. Automatic missed that FG. With the game on the line Brown is usually ice in those situations but shit happens I guess.

I actually thought Schaub should've taken a shot at the endzone and went for the win in the play before where we threw it to JJ over the middle and barely got the ball spiked because I thought we were already in Kris' range and we might as well try to win the game. Plus I didn't think we could've spiked the ball going over the middle...LUCKY

Who knows? Maybe Kris would make the harder FG lol.

ATXtexanfan
11-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Yes i did say that, because it didn't. Unfortunately i don't have psychic abilities and don't really know what would have happened had they scored the TD and Moats not fumbled.

the offense cost us this game, can't give peyton a 13-0 lead and expect to win. don't know why everyone see's something different.

disaacks3
11-08-2009, 05:43 PM
didn't you say the moats fumble had nothing to do with the end result? this game falls on the O for falling behind 13-0. like the zona game Give up guys...Ryan wants to put this all on Kris Brown's shoulders. Did he miss? Yep, he sure did. Was the game result his fault...not by a long shot. Will Ryan ever be convinced otherwise? - not likely.

GP
11-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Kris Brown also nailed a freaking 56-yarder on the road when our offense had done jack until that point in time.

He pushed it left, and not by much.

It's not as if he shanked it so bad that we get to draft #1 next year. (Dang it)

Ryan
11-08-2009, 05:51 PM
We would've had a better chance at 6-3 had Brown made the FG. I've already said this earlier, if all of you are happy with 5-4, more power to you. All of the things that had happened earlier in the game were past history, and we couldn't do anything about it. Kris Brown had a chance to give us another shot and he failed, and now we're 5-4, and not 6-3. We might not have won in overtime, but i would have liked to have another chance, and probably wouldn't feel as devasted with this loss.

gary
11-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Hey, don't look at me I'm just trying to make certain they get rid of the right Chris Brown if they are going to get rid of one. You dig?

TheRealJoker
11-08-2009, 05:55 PM
There's plenty of blame to go around and Brown is included. Why did our offense go 3 and out after our defense intercepted it with 7 minutes left and a 4 point lead? Why did Schaub not just take the sack and instead threw the INT on the previous drive where a td was an option? Why did we get 13 penalties? Why did our offense do jack in the 1st quarter? Why did our defense allow Peyton to have a career high passing yards in the 1st half? Why did Moats fumble at the 1 yard line? Why cant we play inconsistent football? Why cant we play solid football at all levels for the whole game?

Why did our kicker miss a 42 yard FG to tie the game is one of many reasons we lost today but he's also been our most consistent player in franchise history. If this becomes a trend where he misses high pressure FGs then he should be gone but as it stands he made a mistake today just like a whole lot of other players on the team.

ATXtexanfan
11-08-2009, 06:00 PM
There's plenty of blame to go around and Brown is included. Why did our offense go 3 and out after our defense intercepted it with 7 minutes left and a 4 point lead? Why did Schaub not just take the sack and instead threw the INT on the previous drive where a td was an option? Why did we get 13 penalties? Why did our offense do jack in the 1st quarter? Why did our defense allow Peyton to have a career high passing yards in the 1st half? Why did Moats fumble at the 1 yard line? Why cant we play inconsistent football? Why cant we play solid football at all levels for the whole game?

Why did our kicker miss a 42 yard FG to tie the game is one of many reasons we lost today but he's also been our most consistent player in franchise history. If this becomes a trend where he misses high pressure FGs then he should be gone but as it stands he made a mistake today just like a whole lot of other players on the team.

if someone wants to blame brown they're idiots. just saying

GP
11-08-2009, 06:05 PM
We would've had a better chance at 6-3 had Brown made the FG. I've already said this earlier, if all of you are happy with 5-4, more power to you. All of the things that had happened earlier in the game were past history, and we couldn't do anything about it. Kris Brown had a chance to give us another shot and he failed, and now we're 5-4, and not 6-3. We might not have won in overtime, but i would have liked to have another chance, and probably wouldn't feel as devasted with this loss.

Ryan, at some point...we have to look past WHO didn't make THE big play at the end of the game to save everyone's ass.

To me, I try to think "Who, or what could we have done, in order to NOT be put into that pressure-cooker situation like that?"

Kris Brown is the least of my worries about how this team somehow beats very good teams; the teams we lose to like this. Kris Brown makes other FGs in his sleep. He makes them even when those snaps are atrocious, which they had been up until today. Today was the first time I saw quality deep snaps to the holder that weren't fluttering and twisting and bouncing before reaching the holder.

I think if there's any "Big Moment" we need to look at, it's the play calls after the Pollard interception on the Reggie Wayne WR pass. That was as dubious of a three-down series of play calling that I have seen so far. It boggled my mind.

It also boggled my mind how many times we were in the neutral zone and gave Manning extra chances. Or how many times we let Dallas Clark come off the snap without even being covered until he was already well into his routes. Or why Moats didn't have the ball in his left arm when he fumbled it, meaning the ball carries out of bounds easily instead of staying in bounds. Or why Schaub throws into triple coverage for his first pick of the game. Or why a whole lot of other "why's" that we can think of.

But Kris Brown? Come on, man. I think you know that you can't hang a loss on the guy who has to come in and save the day with :01 on the clock. And even then, if we lose in OT...then his made FG means jack squat.

mariowillshine15
11-08-2009, 06:08 PM
We would have found a way to lose even if Brown made the kick.

We're born LOSERS

Somebody wanna ban negative nancy here? He hasnt said anything good in any post that ive ever seen.

gary
11-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Since the blame game is being played let's blame everyone from the cop standing outside to the water boy all the way down to folks who prepare the lockerooms before the game and last but not least the homeless man walking outside the stadium before and after the game.

IlliniJen
11-08-2009, 06:31 PM

Worst. Take. Ever.

ObsiWan
11-08-2009, 06:39 PM
I don't see how a game in the past is relevant to the now. Has-beens live in the past. What has he done for us lately? The biggest game of his career was the loss today. I think you just want to disagree for the sake of disagreeing. I'm not saying his best game, which is what I think you are reading into my post.

Then why keep records?
if the past means nothing, then why bother keeping any records??

ObsiWan
11-08-2009, 06:55 PM

yet, with all those Eff-ups - and that's what they were - we still had a shot at the end.
I remember days when this game would have been over by halftime.

wait until they come here.
I predict a home & home split. Just as I did during the preseason.
I'm not happy about this, but it's not all gloom & doom. No one's head should roll for this loss.

Moats will go back to being #2 and Slaton will go back to #1.

Kubiak will climb Schaub's a$$ about the picks - I warned y'all about that in one of those Slaton vs. Moats threads. That's two picks last week and another two this week. Four picks vs. 1 TD pass in the last two weeks. I don't like this trend.

oh and our defense is forcing turnovers for a change.

I'm not happy about the loss but it's not all gloom & doom.

Hervoyel
11-08-2009, 07:14 PM
yet, with all those Eff-ups - and that's what they were - we still had a shot at the end.
I remember days when this game would have been over by halftime.

wait until they come here.
I predict a home & home split. Just as I did during the preseason.
I'm not happy about this, but it's not all gloom & doom. No one's head should roll for this loss.

Moats will go back to being #2 and Slaton will go back to #1.

Kubiak will climb Schaub's a$$ about the picks - I warned y'all about that in one of those Slaton vs. Moats threads. That's two picks last week and another two this week. Four picks vs. 1 TD pass in the last two weeks. I don't like this trend.

oh and our defense is forcing turnovers for a change.

I'm not happy about the loss but it's not all gloom & doom.

Just curious but why? Granted the running game didn't exactly stand out today as a beacon of success but there were times when we moved the ball consistently on the ground and when that was happening it was Ryan Moats who was doing it. Yes, he fumbled the ball on the 2 yard line. He's just got to get what? 7 more of those and lose 4 of them to catch Steve?

I don't really care at this point as I don't think our running attack is eventually going to be hitched to either one of them but I'm just curious why you think Slaton reclaimed anything today.

texanmojo
11-08-2009, 07:31 PM
I don't really care at this point as I don't think our running attack is eventually going to be hitched to either one of them but I'm just curious why you think Slaton reclaimed anything today.

I thought Moats did just fine. Its nice to see us getting 4 to 5 yards on a carry.

MannyFresh
11-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Did I say how sorry I am...I'm reeeeeeally sorry...LOL

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Antonio2006_photos/IanHowfield.gif

DiapHer
11-08-2009, 10:41 PM
:rake:

GNTLEWOLF
11-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Somebody wanna ban negative nancy here? He hasnt said anything good in any post that ive ever seen.

I'm not sure why we would want to ban someone for expressing his views on a public forum....unless we are just banning people for not being beaming members of the sunshine club...

Mr. White
11-08-2009, 10:58 PM
I can't think of many kickers in the league that are better than Kris Brown.

The bashing is misguided.

SteveSlaton20
11-08-2009, 11:15 PM

you're pathetic

Runner
11-08-2009, 11:26 PM

I thought Moats did just fine. Its nice to see us getting 4 to 5 yards on a carry.

Moats: 16 carries, 38 yards. 2.4 yards/carry.

Kimmy
11-08-2009, 11:31 PM

I'm kind of glad my mistakes at my job aren't on TV and people scream for me to be fired.

I make them all the time, as we all do, I'm sure. I do the same thing pretty much everyday and STILL slip up every now and then. And trust me, there are a LOT of people who could do my job better than me.

I'm just glad my boss doesn't read message boards to get any crazy ideas ...

DexmanC
11-08-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm kind of glad my mistakes at my job aren't on TV and people scream for me to be fired.

I make them all the time, as we all do, I'm sure. I do the same thing pretty much everyday and STILL slip up every now and then. And trust me, there are a LOT of people who could do my job better than me.

I'm just glad my boss doesn't read message boards to get any crazy ideas ...

Alex Gibbs had to chew Slaton's ass on his last run. The kid doesn't
get North/South fast enough. It's trying to bust EVERYTHING to the
outside. Steve needs to get back with the program.

superdave532
11-09-2009, 12:12 AM
All of you who point fingers at Kris Brown for missing a kick. All of you who say the Texans are a bunch of losers. All of you who say here we go again. All of you who are jumping off the band wagon even quicker than you jumped on.

The Colts were and still are undefeated. Peyton Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. And we barely lost. Say whatever the hell you want about this loss, about how bad you think this team is. The Texans pushed one of the best teams in the NFL to the brink and it didn't go there way this time. This is a damn good team and I'm proud that they're representing Houston.

Here's to beating the BESF's on Monday night, and getting even with the Colts when they come to our house. The Texans will bounce back and they will finish this year strong. If you doubt that, or if you're sick of supporting a bunch of "losers" then go root for the cowboys - Have fun with that.

Carr Bombed
11-09-2009, 12:16 AM
You just opened up another tampon for TPS to bleed on....

redwhiteANDblue
11-09-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm with you man. Why does everyone have to be so down after a loss? Yes we can talk about what we did wrong but bashing isn't going to change the outcome. Now look, we have a bye week and we have easy games in front of us. Let's drop this game and go get us a play off berth! :texflag::d::marionaner::fans:

Carr Bombed
11-09-2009, 12:34 AM
I'm with you man. Why does everyone have to be so down after a loss? Yes we can talk about what we did wrong but bashing isn't going to change the outcome. Now look, we have a bye week and we have easy games in front of us. Let's drop this game and go get us a play off berth! :texflag::d::marionaner::fans:

I have no problem with "bashing" as long as the "basher" is actually making a point and types up why he's so upset and actually has a point....it's part of the venting/healing process after a tough loss. However I do have a problem with a certain someone who just flies around every single thread and drops the "they're just losers" in every single thread without typing any kind of argument. It's just redundant bullcrap. I mean it would be one thing is we weren't trying or we got our asses handed to us on the road, but that didn't happen.....these "losers" are playing their ass off and are trying to compete week in and week out. If you can't at the very least try to respect just a little bit of that, go hop on the Colts' bandwagon....I hear everything is smooth over there.

This isn't a "homer" response either....anybody who has read my posts know that I'm not a "homer", it's more of a "stop kicking a dead horse when every player feels as sick as you post". Honestly how the hell do you think Owen feels right now.....how about Andre, but I guess they're just a "bunch of losers" also.

P.S.

Chris Myers is a loser though :) yeah, I want that guy gone.

m5kwatts
11-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Thoughts on Kris Brown:

He's been in a season long slump.

His kicks are line drives and don't have the initial lift that NFL kicks need.

There's no excuse for the blocked kicks, he didn't have a problem with this last year or the year before when he arguably had Pro Bowl seasons.

The missed FG to lose the game was hooked inside, he scooped the kick soccer-style and has lost sight of his kicking motion which is more pendulum-like than wedge-like.

He needs to get his head right during the bye week because he's a big-time kicker and has been before. He can kick the 55+ yarders and I have faith in the guy. But he does need some serious fixing.

Spled
11-09-2009, 01:27 AM
The blocking could have been better on that kick.

imatexan
11-09-2009, 02:18 AM
I knew I would see this kind of thread/posts here.

Sad how little football knowledge some of our fans have.

I did not even bother reading the comments.

A tough one for KB, he should have made it.

But he will come back strong like he always does.

Sal Rosenberg
11-09-2009, 02:19 AM
KB is a great kicker.He is only human. What a bunch of punks!:ahhaha:

TimeKiller
11-09-2009, 08:28 AM
I will say I'm getting pretty sick of him floating kickoffs all the way down to the 10 or 15 yard line. That's pretty average for a guy who sits at home watching sports. That's welll below average for anyone who deems himself an NFL kicker.

On the left hash why are you aiming for the left goalpost?

GP
11-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Did I say how sorry I am...I'm reeeeeeally sorry...LOL

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Antonio2006_photos/IanHowfield.gif

Hey, anybody remember a few years back when we started talking about Ian Howfield and the botched kick...and this poster showed up and started rattling off come-back posts against us?

It was creepy. As if it was Ian himself. Anybody here remember that?

Anyways, thank you for posting that photo of him. To remind us that we do NOT have a kicker problem. Not by a mile.

Mr. White
11-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Hey, anybody remember a few years back when we started talking about Ian Howfield and the botched kick...and this poster showed up and started rattling off come-back posts against us?

It was creepy. As if it was Ian himself. Anybody here remember that?

Anyways, thank you for posting that photo of him. To remind us that we do NOT have a kicker problem. Not by a mile.

I don't remember anyone resembling him ever coming into the forum, but there was an old article about him getting into a flame war with Keith from ITB (HPF back then.)

The term "jocksniffer" got used more than once.

HOU-TEX
11-09-2009, 10:20 AM
I didn't bother reading through this ridiculous thread, but wanted to post my thoughts after that kick.

I admit, I thought for sure KB would drill the kick. After the kick was missed, the thought of blaming KB never even crossed my mind. Sure, it should've been a chip shot, but the game was given away before that field goal.

Whether it was Myers helping Studdard when a defender was stunting where Myers should've been, ending in Schaub's arm getting hit for an INT. Schaub forcing a ball to AJ in triple coverage. Moats fumbling on the 2. Stupid ****in penalties on the defense. Coaches not knowing that Dallas Clark's a pretty good TE and LB's can't cover him. I can go on and on, but to me, it's once again, the Texans being the Texans.

Yankee_In_TX
11-09-2009, 10:55 AM
overreaction

qft

4Texans
11-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Overreaction

Oh yeah..... We haven't lost many games because of KB.

Ryan
11-09-2009, 12:10 PM
People don't seem to realize how tongue-in-cheek my post really was. I was mainly wanting to put the blame on somebody else besides the normal people that we call out for costing us ball games. Your panties are in a bunch right now. I love getting neg repped for that stuff. Awesome.

HOU-TEX
11-09-2009, 12:15 PM
People don't seem to realize how tongue-in-cheek my post really was. I was mainly wanting to put the blame on somebody else besides the normal people that we call out for costing us ball games. Your panties are in a bunch right now. I love getting neg repped for that stuff. Awesome.

I wasn't one that neg repped, but telling people their "panties are in a bunch" after starting a thread like this? Come on, dude. Pot calling a kettle black kinda thing dontcha think?

Ryan
11-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Possibly. But people that don't agree just need to stay out of these threads and post in their own threads about moral victories and all that good stuff. When people go in between threads with differing opinions after losses we usually go at each other's throats, and i'm sick of it. I haven't voiced my opinion in any of the "positive" threads that i've seen after yesterday's loss, and i wish other people would do the same.

Mr. White
11-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Possibly. But people that don't agree just need to stay out of these threads and post in their own threads about moral victories and all that good stuff. When people go in between threads with differing opinions after losses we usually go at each other's throats, and i'm sick of it. I haven't voiced my opinion in any of the "positive" threads that i've seen after yesterday's loss, and i wish other people would do the same.

So you're saying that you don't want people to argue with you on a message board?

Good luck with that.

No More 8-8's
11-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Anyone else notice that for the second game this year a "Kris(Chris) Brown" cost us a game. Maybe its the name thats bad luck.

gtexan02
11-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I blame this miss on the blocking. I think Kris saw that guy diving in from the right and tried to sneak it through the left upright. That guy was a 1/2 second from blocking it completely. If Kris had angled it down the middle it may have been blocked. Watch the replay. Even if it wasn't going to get blocked, a guy diving in from the right is bound to make you correct left a little.

Not saying this wasn't Kris's fault, just that I think there is reason to blame the blocking as well

Texan_Bill
11-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I wasn't one that neg repped, but telling people their "panties are in a bunch" after starting a thread like this? Come on, dude. Pot calling a kettle black kinda thing dontcha think?

Come on, man!! You know your pink, lacy thong was riding up that ass!!

Second Honeymoon
11-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Brown made a mistake and pulled his head up too early. High school mistake cost the Texans a game.

But Brown has been pretty good for us and we wouldn't have even been in that position if not for his 56 yarder at end of 1st Half.

KB, your off the hook...for now. Don't blow it again.

GP
11-09-2009, 12:33 PM
I don't remember anyone resembling him ever coming into the forum, but there was an old article about him getting into a flame war with Keith from ITB (HPF back then.)

The term "jocksniffer" got used more than once.

Oh yeah! That was it.

Thanks for the correction.

Man, that was bizarre stuff. LOL.

HOU-TEX
11-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Come on, man!! You know your pink, lacy thong was riding up that ass!!

Dude, my game rituals were meant to stay a secret. :foottap:

Ryan
11-09-2009, 12:42 PM
So you're saying that you don't want people to argue with you on a message board?

Good luck with that.

I'm not gonna say i want them to argue with me, but i know it's going to happen anyway. Emotions are high after losses like the one we had yesterday.

Cjeremy635
11-09-2009, 12:46 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/ray.gif

Texan_Bill
11-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Dude, my game rituals were meant to stay a secret. :foottap:

:spit: My bad!!

wagonhed
11-24-2009, 12:18 AM
bump, might need this thread

gtexan02
11-24-2009, 12:18 AM
He deserves to be cut tomorrow

Ryan
11-24-2009, 01:34 AM
epic bump.

GuerillaBlack
11-24-2009, 01:34 AM
This thread definitely deserves five stars. Happy trails Kris Brown. Maybe he can go back to the Browns?

Blazin' Toro
11-24-2009, 01:35 AM
Kris, thank you for everything but after this year, I believe it is time to say goodbye :crying:

Goatcheese
11-24-2009, 01:37 AM
It hurts, but you can't give up on a guy over 2 bad games. Especially not with how good he's been the last few years.

GuerillaBlack
11-24-2009, 01:38 AM
It hurts, but you can't give up on a guy over 2 bad games. Especially not with how good he's been the last few years.

Yes you can.

When your team is trying to get a playoff spot, and all you need is a FG to send the game into OT, then you're out of here. Kris Brown=Brad Lidge. He's done here.

Ryan
11-24-2009, 01:41 AM
There are plenty of guys fresh out of college that would love to come kick these game winning/tying FGs. I think all the "original" Texans need to be gone anyway, we havent done any good with them in the first place. I like Chester though.

ATXtexanfan
11-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Yes you can.

When your team is trying to get a playoff spot, and all you need is a FG to send the game into OT, then you're out of here. Kris Brown=Brad Lidge. He's done here.
So how did you feel after that pick six in zona? Seriously, giving up brown is stupid. The team as a whole isn't ready.
It's close though.

GuerillaBlack
11-24-2009, 01:47 AM
So how did you feel after that pick six in zona? Seriously, giving up brown is stupid. The team as a whole isn't ready.
It's close though.

Pick six in Zona? Schaub still had us back to tie it on the next drive. Kris Brown was 1-3 tonight. I'm surprised he even made the extra points.

imatexan
11-24-2009, 01:49 AM
I will admit I was defending KB and I was wrong.

ATXtexanfan
11-24-2009, 01:54 AM
If your hoping your kicker makes a kick to send it into overtime did your O and D do it's job in the previous 60 monutes? If he makes the kick does it matter when your inept O and D is back on the field?

Ryan
11-24-2009, 01:57 AM
I'd rather lose by my team playing sh*tty defense and offense than lose because of a guy that has ONE job and one job only, and that is not to beat the living sh*t out of the other team like these other guys are paid to do, but simply just kick a g*dd*mn ball.

GuerillaBlack
11-24-2009, 01:57 AM
If your hoping your kicker makes a kick to send it into overtime did your O and D do it's job in the previous 60 monutes? If he makes the kick does it matter when your inept O and D is back on the field?

All of that doesn't matter. It was still a very make-able kick and Kris brown blew it. Doesn't matter what our O and D did the other 59 minutes and 55 seconds of the game. We were in a position to tie the game in the end and send it into overtime.

utahmark
11-24-2009, 01:58 AM

if he would of made his first kick it would of been for the win. even his short kick did'nt look good. i like the guy but if we have a kick for a chance at the playoff's i'm not sure i want him to be the one kicking. tough call though, he has been good in the past.

Norg
11-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Even Ohico Cinco could have made that kick :texans:

ATXtexanfan
11-24-2009, 02:03 AM
If we walk away from a loss blaming our kicker then we suck as a team. Anyone who disputes is foolish.

TheBigpaki
11-24-2009, 02:04 AM
I think if Kris Brown was to hit Rihanna, he would miss far left.

Kimmy
11-24-2009, 02:05 AM
I've never been the type to write "FIRE XXX" .... I prefer ... release ... that is all.

Kimmy
11-24-2009, 02:05 AM
I think if Kris Brown was to hit Rihanna, he would miss far left.

LMAO -- best thing about the night? This post right here, brother!

Dishman
11-24-2009, 02:33 AM
I'd rather lose by my team playing sh*tty defense and offense than lose because of a guy that has ONE job and one job only, and that is not to beat the living sh*t out of the other team like these other guys are paid to do, but simply just kick a g*dd*mn ball.

Yeah, but there were a few guys out there besides Brown not doin their jobs, though I asssume Dunta will make it through the season.