PDA

View Full Version : The thing that hacks me off the most about this game...

cdollaz
11-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Is Schaub not running a play before the 2-minute warning after Moats fumbled, giving the Colts time to review the play. WAKE UP, IDIOTS!!!!!

Stemp
11-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Is Schaub not running a play before the 2-minute warning after Moats fumbled, giving the Colts time to review the play. WAKE UP, IDIOTS!!!!!

That definitely was a game changer.
But so was giving up that last TD drive.
And over 100 yards in penalties.

Cut the penalties in half and we win this game.

Carr Bombed
11-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Umm......I still don't get why people are upset with Schaub about that. That's on the guy in the booth..........how the **** is Schaub supposed to know Moats fumbled the ball? He wasn't anywhere near the play. If nobody calls down from the booth and tells him to hurry up to the line and snap the ball how is he supposed to know?

Norg
11-08-2009, 04:17 PM
total team effort Loss except for maybe a few on the D

WHen we were getting Blazed up inthe first why we didnt tweek the D goes all on Bush 1000%

DerekLee1
11-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Umm......I still don't get why people are upset with Schaub about that. That's on the guy in the booth..........how the **** is Schaub supposed to know Moats fumbled the ball? He wasn't anywhere near the play. If nobody calls down from the booth and tells him to hurry up to the line and snap the ball how is he supposed to know?

That's exactly right. Someone should have been SCREAMING in Schaub's ear, "RUN A PLAY! RUN A PLAY!"

50boys
11-08-2009, 04:24 PM
That's exactly right. Someone should have been SCREAMING in Schaub's ear, "RUN A PLAY! RUN A PLAY!"

exactly, That's the booth's fault. plain and simple.

Wolf6151
11-08-2009, 04:29 PM

I thought the same thing, I was screaming at the TV. Run a play, run a play.

cdollaz
11-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Instinct. Or not taking a chance. He may not have known for sure it was fumble, but it was a possibility. I pretty much guarantee Peyton Manning would have run a play, with or without permission from the sideline.

jaayteetx
11-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Instinct. Or not taking a chance. He may not have known for sure it was fumble, but it was a possibility. I pretty much guarantee Peyton Manning would have run a play, with or without permission from the sideline.

Bingo! Exactly.

thegr8fan
11-08-2009, 04:38 PM
My pick would the Refs calling the unnecessary roughness call at the 1:50 left in the first half. Wilson nails Dallas Clark when the ball hits him in both hands and it is an incomplete pass, on a 3rd Down. Without the hit he catch's the ball. With the hit it is an incomplete. But the Refs give the Colts more time with a BS call.

That was a clean hit. THIS IS FOOTBALL. Let the players PLAY.

Texans Coaching Staff needs to learn how to come prepared to play 4 QTR's of football an stop this Tale of Two Half's stuff. Then we don't have to talk about the other Game changing plays.

Mailman
11-08-2009, 04:40 PM

Exactly!

This criticism is really, really stupid imo. Think about it from Schaub's perspective, not having the benefit of a slow-motion replay just moments before the team huddled up. HE. HAD. NO. IDEA. Even the announcers didn't, at least not until that last replay was run right before they went to commercial.

If you're gonna get pissed off about that turn of events, get pissed at Moats for fumbling. The game was getting away from the Texans, and that was the offense's best drive up to that point in the game. Caution was understandable because it was extremely important to come away with six. Yes, if Schaub thought there was any chance of a turnover resulting from not snapping the ball, he would've hurried up and taken a snap. However, given what he knew and when he knew it, I refuse to slam him for being careful.

HTown2ATX
11-08-2009, 04:47 PM
What hacks me off the most is that the 1st half was sooooooooo bad. Who knows what would be the outcome if things had been different.:gun:

What hacks me off too, maybe even more is, living in Austin, you know that the ***guzzling VY crowd will be all over the Texans if Radio and the Possum Squallor Hootinanies from Bumblescum Mountain get a W today.:gun::gun::gun::gun

threeputtsam
11-08-2009, 04:56 PM
When Moats fumbled, there was around 15 seconds left to the 2 minute warning. I was screaming at the TV set for the Texans to run another play. Instead, they let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning and gave Indy time to look at the replay. I saw it at home; wht didn't anyone on the Texans see it? That is unforgivable and someone should be fired. We had time to run a play thus voiding any replay thoughts. Once again stupid football, stupid football, stupid football

Jackie Chiles
11-08-2009, 04:58 PM
When Moats fumbled, there was around 15 seconds left to the 2 minute warning. I was screaming at the TV set for the Texans to run another play. Instead, they let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning and gave Indy time to look at the replay. I saw it at home; wht didn't anyone on the Texans see it? That is unforgivable and someone should be fired. We had time to run a play thus voiding any replay thoughts. Once again stupid football, stupid football, stupid football

It was plain as daylight, no idea why we are so stubborn in those situations. I would love to get a straight answer on who exactly is responsible for looking at that stuff during the game because whoever it is has been religiously sucking at his job since Kubiak got here. Too bad we will never know.

TheIronDuke
11-08-2009, 05:00 PM
There's been several times this season where a questionable call went our way and we took forever to run a play. Kubes just needs to prepare the "kids" up in the booth to do their friggin' jobs.

hot pickle
11-08-2009, 05:02 PM
ya i was thinking the same thing but i guess they figured that it was not challengable cause the whistle blew and it was never called a fumble in the first place...

PHAROAH
11-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Hey Brethren lets forget this game and get ready for next game and lets win because that's all that matters, we get the colts in H-Town in 3 weeks and we fix all the B.S. that took place today. This game hurt me to the core but I will say this we are playing at another level guys where we are playing with the best of the best to the wire that is much better than getting toasted like in the past.

dream_team
11-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I have no idea why people are flaming Schaub or Kubiak on this play. At first glance, no one thought it was a fumble... it wasn't until we at home had the luxury of instant replay to notice it.

There's really only two people you can blame. Most blame goes to Moats. First of all, he's the one that fumbled. Second, he should've said something in the huddle... like "I may have fumbled that one, hurry up the snap!"

The only other people you can blame are the guys in the booth that have the luxury of looking at replays. My guess is, though, from their view in the booth, it didn't look like a play they should hurry up & review.

ATXtexanfan
11-08-2009, 05:20 PM
what hacks me the most is the O no call no showing in the first half, repeat of the zona game

Carr Bombed
11-08-2009, 05:33 PM

LMAO.....I've heard it all now.

Poor Schaub, his psychic ablilities were lacking today. :rolleyes:

Again.... It's the same thing that's been killing this team time and time again. Whoever is our "replay guy" is KILLING THIS TEAM. People even bag on Kubiak about that, but even Kubiak doesn't have a screen to look at.

Whoever's responsibility it is to tell Kubes when to throw a flag or to relay when we need to hurry up and snap a ball in these cases is failing at their job. Seriously I would love to know who's job that is, because EVERY TEAM in the NFL has a guy who's sole responsibility is to take care of that....our guy needs to be fired.

For you to say "Peyton would've done it, because he has "instincts"...that's just dumb. Even Peyton needs someone to tell him when a guy fumbled the ball across the field. :rolleyes:

If you noticed the play, it happened on the sideline, on the complete other side of Schaub.......even if he was looking at the play he can't see the ball come out.

So again, if you want to blame someone for that play.....blame the guy in the booth (you know the guy who saw the replay) or blame Moats for not running up to Schaub and telling him he might've fumbled the ball. You can't blame a guy who has no idea that a ball was put on the ground just because "he's the QB".

This is the classic definition of "too much credit and too much blame". Schaub screwed the pooch while if it was Peyton he would have psychic powers and nobody would have to tell him anything about a fumble........he would just "know it happened" LMAO..

Second Honeymoon
11-08-2009, 09:37 PM
I gotta agree with Carr Bombed. Whoever is in charge of their replays clearly blew it. Your replay needs to be able to do more than just watch replay and relate information. He needs to be able to know the rulebook and know if the Texans are in trouble....clearly, they were.

This play was part of the problem I have with Kubiak. Sometimes, it seems like he is completely lost out there in situational settings. He is OK down and distance with his playcalls but his situational decision making is spotty at best. I wish it was just random stuff but now its clearly a trend. We just find ways to lose and to not succeed.

fwiw - Kubiak blew one of his first opportunities to outcoach someone today. He had Caldwell on the ropes if he just gets a play off before they can decide to throw a challenge flag. Then you compound that error by letting the clock dwindle to 2 minutes when you know that is going to give Caldwell another 3 minutes to decide whether to throw the challenge flag. Kubiak blew it. He couldn't even outcoach a rookie head coach in a simple simple play. Its 1st and Goal from the 1...why the timeout? for 7 secs against Peyton. Peyton can score in :30 much less 2:07. Kubiak and to a lesser extent Schaub, blew it in that situation....big time. There is no arguing that.

oh and can we please cut Myers...please...please send him packing...he sucks at such a high level

HoustonFrog
11-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Agree with some on here. The guys upstairs or even on the sidelines should have had him snap it as soon as possible. TV or not there was a bang bang reaction where the Colts players reacted and picked up the ball. You take your chances and run a play

ArlingtonTexan
11-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Actually, I am more hacked off at the fumble. The ball was not jarred from Moats. Right now the Texans don't have a RB that they can trust to secure the ball.

El Tejano
11-09-2009, 12:34 AM

All I kept saying is Peyton would've ran a play. The coaching screwed that one though.

I also was pretty ticked off on Connor Barwin's convenient offsides call with no replay on it like the other ones had.

Second Honeymoon
11-09-2009, 09:53 AM
All I kept saying is Peyton would've ran a play. The coaching screwed that one though.

I also was pretty ticked off on Connor Barwin's convenient offsides call with no replay on it like the other ones had.

offsides isn't reviewable but there was no way in hell Barwin was offsides.

the officiating was freaking abysmal but the dumbass move by Kubiak of not running a play was on him. not refs.

OzzO
11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
From the chronic (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6710617.html):

...The Texans let the last seconds tick down to the two-minute warning rather than hustling to the line to run another play before Colts coach Jim Caldwell could challenge it.

“We didn't know until play had been stopped because of the two-minute warning there was even an issue,” coach Gary Kubiak said. “Someone (an assistant coach) in the press box said, ‘I think they're looking at where the ball was.' We thought it was out of bounds.”

So did Moats.

“I didn't know it was an issue,” Moats said. “I thought it was out of bounds.

“It was just a freaky play. I didn't have control of my body at the time. It's something you just have to play through.”

During the two-minute timeout, the Colts had plenty of time to watch the replay. When the teams went back on the field, Caldwell threw the red flag to challenge.

“That play turned out to be a perfect play for those guys, not so good for us,” cornerback Dunta Robinson said. “A lot of guys on the sideline were saying, ‘Run another play; run another play.'

“Obviously, our staff didn't think it was a fumble. Those are things you're not too sure about. I think it could have gone either way. We're at their house, and that play went their way.”

After watching the replay, referee Jeff Triplette ruled that when Moats came down, he came down on Bethea and not on the ground, so it was a fumble.

Cornerback Jerraud Powers had picked up the ball on the goal line, but because he had been out of bounds and had one foot out of bounds when he picked up the ball, it was ruled a fumble out of the end zone and a touchback for the Colts....

I think someone shouldn't be guessing at what others are looking at but if that someone sees something - act accordingly.

bckey
11-09-2009, 02:32 PM
“That play turned out to be a perfect play for those guys, not so good for us,” cornerback Dunta Robinson said. “A lot of guys on the sideline were saying, ‘Run another play; run another play.'

Unfortunately the Texans coaching staff didn't have a clue. Like Herv said. We have rookies in all key areas. Owner, general manager, head coach, offensive cordinator and defensive cordinator. It shows up at times just like this. And I still can't figure out why you throw over the middle with no time outs and just seconds on the clock. Kris Brown almost didn't get to even try a field goal. How pissed would we have been if the clock had run out which really almost happened. Stop the boneheaded mistakes please.