PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak

TEXANS84
11-08-2009, 02:31 PM
That one is on you. You let the clock run out.
Thank god Bush and Pollard saves his ass.

Ryan
11-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Yeah Kubes is lucky we're only trailing by this much.

TexanDave
11-08-2009, 02:38 PM
I agree. I can't believe how bad we continue to manage similar situations all year. You have to know that is a play that could be reviewed and instead of running a play before the 2 minute warning you let the clock run out. That gave the Colts time to see they needed to challenge the call.

jaayteetx
11-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Kubiak shares a little of the blame, Schaub should've known to get up to the damn line and run the play. Also, Moats should've spoken the f up, he should've said "Hey Matt, I might have fumbled there, lets run a play quick!" Collabartive team effort of stupidity.

Ckw
11-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Alright I will try this again only this time I will make sure my post doesn't get deleted.

Schaub also deserves some blame for that situation. He was the one that walked away from the line and got too nervous about the upcoming play. He was on the field. Moats or someone should have told him Moats fumbled and that they needed to get the snap off.

TexanDave
11-08-2009, 02:41 PM
good point Jaay. I shouldn't blame Kubiak alone.

Ckw
11-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Kubiak shares a little of the blame, Schaub should've known to get up to the damn line and run the play. Also, Moats should've spoken the f up, he should've said "Hey Matt, I might have fumbled there, lets run a play quick!" Collabartive team effort of stupidity.

Jinx!

Hardcore Texan
When are they going to get a replay guy on staff that is worth a shit. Hell, I'll do it, can't do any worse.

And no matter what the issues are or whatever with punching it in. It's 2nd and goal with a questionable fumble that just happened, get up there and snap the ball, even if it goes for nothing you live to fight another down. Totally lack of alertness and communication.

ziggy29
Schaub also deserves some blame for that situation. He was the one that walked away from the line and got too nervous about the upcoming play. He was on the field. Moats or someone should have told him Moats fumbled and that they needed to get the snap off.
Shouldn't the coaching staff be radioing in to him even if to say run a quick QB sneak or spike into the ground before the 2:00 warning? Lose a down, but you still have have 3rd and goal at the 1.

TexanDave
11-08-2009, 02:43 PM
I wonder if Moats did say something because as Schaub was walking away toward the sideline he was looking at him like what the heck.

Ckw
11-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Total lack of communication.

tedr
Instead of all that, how about just holding onto the ball when you get close to the goal line.

TexanDave
We obviously don't have a staff that reviews the replays. We are at the bottom of the league in successful replay challenges.

jaayteetx
11-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Instead of all that, how about just holding onto the ball when you get close to the goal line.

Cause we don't roll that way....duh!

Lucky
11-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Kubiak shares a little of the blame, Schaub should've known to get up to the damn line and run the play.
Kubiak is in Schaub's ear via the helmet speaker. That was on Kubiak. As usual, he's incapable of making realtime decisions.

Fortunately, he's the master of halftime adjustments. Right???

jaayteetx
11-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Kubiak is in Schaub's ear via the helmet speaker. That was on Kubiak. As usual, he's incapable of making realtime decisions.

Hell, those helmet speakers don't work half the time and on the road you can barely hear anything through the crowd noise anyways.

Norg
11-08-2009, 02:47 PM
It was matt fault has well hes the one who gave up on the play a called timeout our who ever was talking in his helmet Both dropped the ball IMO

mexican_texan
11-08-2009, 02:48 PM
This is on Schaub. He just can't go through his progressions.

Malloy
To me it looked like the fumble touched the sideline before it touched the endzone. Thats a fumble out of bounds...

Carr Bombed
edit

Lucky
11-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Right.

TEXANS84
11-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Still blaming loss on Kubiak.
This one hurts bad.

Spike
11-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Still blaming loss on Kubiak.
This one hurts bad.

I hate to be critical because of the turn around this season, but I just come away from these close losses thinking that one or two failed decisions impacted the game.

I applaud what he has done this season, but I am just thinking that he may not be the guy to take us to the next level.

checo446
11-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I hate to be critical because of the turn around this season, but I just come away from these close losses thinking that one or two failed decisions impacted the game.

I applaud what he has done this season, but I am just thinking that he may not be the guy to take us to the next level.

I agree.

The combination of the defense and team not appearing ready to go at the beginning of the game as evidenced by the undisciplined penalties on defense especially.

The Moats fumble incident is yet another example of him and his staff sleeping at the wheel similar to all of the horrible non-red flag throws over the past couple years that cost us games.

Kubiak seems to be good overall at evaluating talent and getting his guys to give everything they have; however, game management and ability to get his team to come out and play without making stupid mistakes is a skill that doesn't seem to be ever within his grasp... If we miss the playoouffs, it was good knowing you Gary... We need someone else to take advantage of the talent on this team.

DerekLee1
11-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I get the impression that nobody on the field knew that the ball even hit the turf - including the Colts staff - until the 2:00 warning gave everyone upstairs a look, except for the Colts player that picked it up. By then it was too late. We have the benefit of tv and dozens of replays; they don't.

Jackie Chiles
11-08-2009, 05:09 PM
I get the impression that nobody on the field knew that the ball even hit the turf - including the Colts staff - until the 2:00 warning gave everyone upstairs a look, except for the Colts player that picked it up. By then it was too late. We have the benefit of tv and dozens of replays; they don't.

If they don't have people closely watching the replays of every single play, especially questionable plays like that, then we deserved what we got.

More likely we just have very little emphasis on this aspect of the game, and thats unfortunate because it has really cost us.

checo446
11-08-2009, 05:13 PM
If they don't have people closely watching the replays of every single play, especially questionable plays like that, then we deserved what we got.

More likely we just have very little emphasis on this aspect of the game, and thats unfortunate because it has really cost us.

yep, this isn't the first close play our replay crew missed over the past few years...

HJam72
11-08-2009, 05:16 PM
The Texans replay crew (or whatever they're called) needs to be replaced. They just suck.

HTown2ATX
11-08-2009, 05:20 PM
The Texans replay crew (or whatever they're called) needs to be replaced. They just suck.

Agreed.

I can't even guess how many times I have been screaming at my TV for the Texans to hurry up and run a play...even if they just spike the friggin ball or do a QB sneak when there is a questionable play.

You see alot of other teams do it...but not us. Not on the laminated Denny's menu I take it......

PHAROAH
11-08-2009, 05:25 PM

I agree none of them were thinking and it cost us.

:gun::gun::gun:

axman40
11-08-2009, 05:28 PM
This one is on Kubiak .the game is 60 minutes and The Texans have not put a full 60 minutes ALL F ING SEASON!
:fans:

GP
11-08-2009, 06:17 PM

Yeah, had Moats switched arms and carried it with the left arm...this is not even a discussion.

Fundamentals. Again.

IlliniJen
11-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Schaub doesn't share any of the blame. The coaching staff doesn't let him call the plays. They radio them into him. Kubes and his crew put no trust in their QB to make decisions.

My friend and I were yelling at the tv for the Texans to snap the ball. We saw that the ball was fumbled in bounds while watching at freakin' Texadelphia, and the damn folks in the Texans booth can't see it?

Jesus Christ, anyone not suited up in pads is pretty moronic on this team.

gary
11-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Just when I start to trust in Gary he let's me down. He does not prepare his team well enough week in and week out.

rollinstone18
11-08-2009, 07:22 PM
When are they going to get a replay guy on staff that is worth a shit. Hell, I'll do it, can't do any worse.

And no matter what the issues are or whatever with punching it in. It's 2nd and goal with a questionable fumble that just happened, get up there and snap the ball, even if it goes for nothing you live to fight another down. Totally lack of alertness and communication.

this. unless kubiak just ignored it, but i kinda doubt that. how else was kubes suppose to know he fumbled the ball?

TexanBacker93
11-08-2009, 07:26 PM
this. unless kubiak just ignored it, but i kinda doubt that. how else was kubes suppose to know he fumbled the ball?

From the post game stuff it sounds like Kubiak believed it wasn't a fumble and believes it even after watching replay. A whole lot of good that does the team, though. You have to coach the players to be aware of those situations and instill in them the understanding that they can't leave that up to chance. If the same play happened at the other end of the field Manning would have snapped the ball and probably put 6 on the board. Poor game and clock management skills continues to dampen any positive momentum this team gets.

Hervoyel
11-08-2009, 07:35 PM
From the post game stuff it sounds like Kubiak believed it wasn't a fumble and believes it even after watching replay. A whole lot of good that does the team, though. You have to coach the players to be aware of those situations and instill in them the understanding that they can't leave that up to chance. If the same play happened at the other end of the field Manning would have snapped the ball and probably put 6 on the board. Poor game and clock management skills continues to dampen any positive momentum this team gets.

Yeah, that's because Kubiak is a ****ing retard as a HC. I've never seen a less competent head coach. He's a brilliant offensive coordinator but do we benefit from that "in-game"? Of course not. We have his frigging mentors kid calling plays because Gary is out there trying to be the HC and doing it just as badly as he did when he was calling the plays. It's not like he's gotten better at in game decisions or clock management since he gave baby Shanahan the play calling duties.

This whole experience reminds me of how we all looked at each other and said "How could a Dom Capers coached team have this crappy a defense?" Dom was busy doing a lousy job of being the head coach and leaving it up to that ***** Vic Fangio to run the defense. That's how.

Gary is an offensive coordinator. Nothing more. The sooner he gets back to that the better off everybody will be. Unfortunately all of this we've experienced is Gary learning how to be a HC. Maybe he becomes one at some point but right now he's just a coordinator in over his head.

DiehardChris
11-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Schaub doesn't share any of the blame. The coaching staff doesn't let him call the plays. They radio them into him. Kubes and his crew put no trust in their QB to make decisions.

My friend and I were yelling at the tv for the Texans to snap the ball. We saw that the ball was fumbled in bounds while watching at freakin' Texadelphia, and the damn folks in the Texans booth can't see it?

Jesus Christ, anyone not suited up in pads is pretty moronic on this team.

Same here. SCREAMING at the TV like a lunatic and wondering why in the hell I can see it (and have several other times) and they never seem to. What other duties do they have that keep them from seeing the blatantly obvious?

Texecutioner
11-09-2009, 02:22 AM

How does he not understand that situation for what it was and know that a play needs to be ran immediately? Coaches are supposed to know that stuff and be ready for things like that. Man, that was a lost opportunity that could have changed the game. It sucks to lose another one like this with a major coaching mistake like that to brew on afterward.

bah007
11-09-2009, 02:26 AM
How does he not understand that situation for what it was and know that a play needs to be ran immediately? Coaches are supposed to know that stuff and be ready for things like that. Man, that was a lost opportunity.

If Kubiak was told by the man upstairs that we had nothing to worry about then there would be no reason for him to hurry.

I agree that it was a colossal mistake, but we don't really know enough about it to put it all on Kubiak.

I read a good post earlier (I think it was Hervoyel, but not sure) about how we make all of our decisions in slow motion. It's something we have struggled with for a long time now. I don't know if our guys suffer from a lack of confidence, or awareness, or whatever, but we just seem incapable of taking a situation like that and making the right call.

Sal Rosenberg
11-09-2009, 02:30 AM
why not run it immediately?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? ??????:roast: