PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Alterations?

NitroGSXR
11-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I need a Foreman jersey altered into a Cushing. Any suggestions as to where to go?

MannyFresh
11-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I think any cleaners/alterations place will do it and those 'jersey shops' around town possibly...

False Start
11-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Link (http://easternlettering.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=11)

You can order any number and name.

Hervoyel
11-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Link (http://easternlettering.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=11)

You can order any number and name.

Yes, you can but keep an eye on them. I ordered a Steve Slaton "kit" to transform an old jersey I had to him and the stuff was nice but the red around the white numbers was very thin and noticeably different from the original numbers. I did not get after them about it though. I didn't notice right away and then I got busy and by the time I saw it I had wasted a few weeks. I let it go and I still need to sew them on. I've got them ironed on but not sewn. I've had a hard time finding a shop that will do the ziq-zag stitching. I had a Schaub conversion done by another place and they didn't do the zig-zag stitches and the letters look bad. I may pull those off and redo it.

On an unrelated note I've been looking for a place to buy a UH football jersey and those things seem damn hard to find. Anyone know where I can get one of those? ebay has some older game used jerseys but they're not what UH is currently wearing and they want a bundle for them. I thought surely there would be a place I could order a custom UH jersey like I do the Texans stuff. I can't find it though.

False Start
11-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Yes, you can but keep an eye on them. I ordered a Steve Slaton "kit" to transform an old jersey I had to him and the stuff was nice but the red around the white numbers was very thin and noticeably different from the original numbers. I did not get after them about it though. I didn't notice right away and then I got busy and by the time I saw it I had wasted a few weeks. I let it go and I still need to sew them on. I've got them ironed on but not sewn. I've had a hard time finding a shop that will do the ziq-zag stitching. I had a Schaub conversion done by another place and they didn't do the zig-zag stitches and the letters look bad. I may pull those off and redo it.

On an unrelated note I've been looking for a place to buy a UH football jersey and those things seem damn hard to find. Anyone know where I can get one of those? ebay has some older game used jerseys but they're not what UH is currently wearing and they want a bundle for them. I thought surely there would be a place I could order a custom UH jersey like I do the Texans stuff. I can't find it though.

Yeah there are some bad vendors out there. I've ordered from this site before, its top notch gear. I ordered an Astros number/name kit to transform my brick red Stros jersey into a modern day Nolan Ryan jersey.

Hervoyel
11-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah there are some bad vendors out there. I've ordered from this site before, its top notch gear. I ordered an Astros number/name kit to transform my brick red Stros jersey into a modern day Nolan Ryan jersey.

I understand. This is where I ordered my Steve Slaton kit. Eastern. Good quality but mine was slightly off in size and I didn't get around to asking them to correct it in a reasonable amount of time so I didn't bother following up on it. I'm not sure how they would have responded had I asked them to make it right. Probably they would have been fine with it.

NitroGSXR
11-10-2009, 02:44 AM
Anybody else? I seem to remember that we've got a poster here on the boards from Kingwood who does alterations? I can't seem to remember who exactly though.

RTP2110
11-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Whoa, where in the world did you get a Foreman jersey!? I can't believe they even made those, lol.

OzzO
11-14-2009, 12:31 PM
I think nflnuts wife mentioned something to do with this.