PDA

View Full Version : The big question is . . . can they block Freeney and Mathis?

Marcus
11-07-2009, 07:23 PM
They've never been able to do it before in Indy.

And with that secondary of theirs decimated, they will be coming at Schaub with their ears pinned back.

Same way on the other side of the ball, they've got to get pressure on Manning. They've never been able to do that before. He'll cut them to pieces if they don't.

So, as always, it will be who wins the battle up front. It will be the line play that will determine if we can finally win there.

redwhiteANDblue
11-07-2009, 07:36 PM
I say we blow them out 59-0! Who's with me!:jam:

DexmanC
11-07-2009, 07:55 PM
They've never been able to do it before in Indy.

And with that secondary of theirs decimated, they will be coming at Schaub with their ears pinned back.

Same way on the other side of the ball, they've got to get pressure on Manning. They've never been able to do that before. He'll cut them to pieces if they don't.

So, as always, it will be who wins the battle up front. It will be the line play that will determine if we can finally win there.

Freeney and Mathis are their ONLY hope at stopping Schaub and the offense.
If Moats and Slaton can wear them down with the run game, the floodgates
will open. Our defense, however, is at full strength and is playing better
than they ever have.

whiskeyrbl
11-07-2009, 08:05 PM
than they ever have.

If they are coming like that then you screen them to death.

m5kwatts
11-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Actually I think we're gonna run the ball A LOT. We're not gonna play to their strength and throw the ball 40-50 times and give those defense ends 40-50 attempts at hitting Schaub. It will be more runs than throws I guarantee. Keep Manning off the field and work Moats and Slaton all day.

was385
11-07-2009, 08:12 PM
I think we'll see the TE's in quite a bit to help blocking. With Daniels down, we aren't missing as much by keeping them in instead of sending them or another receiver out into a route.

Wolf
11-07-2009, 08:25 PM
If Brown and Winston want to be talked about taking the next step and become possible probowl material, they better start taking the steps and block those guys

CloakNNNdagger
11-07-2009, 09:18 PM
If Brown and Winston want to be talked about taking the next step and become possible probowl material, they better start taking the steps and block those guys

If Schaub doesn't learn to step into the pocket instead of stepping laterally into the rushing ends like he not uncommonly does under pressure, he and the Texans are going to have a rough day.

axman40
11-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Run delayed draws and let them spin their way out of the running lanes.
:fans:

Livid13
11-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Freeney is a monster and to be trite, you can't stop him and only hope to contain him. Matt will be on his ass for more than a few plays. You're correct about Schaub stepping UP in the pocket. He's done a fantastic job so far and I'm not going to tear every nuance of his game asunder.

PHAROAH
11-08-2009, 08:13 AM
than they ever have.

I agree bigtime we have to be successful running the ball with slaton & moats today and if we do I don't see them beating us, but we have to prove it on the playing field.

:brando::brando::brando::spin:

PHAROAH
11-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Guys i'm so hyped for this game I just can't wait until kickoff.

Marcus
11-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Evidently not.