PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else...

tedr
11-06-2009, 10:32 AM
...feeling confident about Sunday's game?

I don't know what it is, and I guess I could be wrong, but I think the Texans are going to do well on Sunday. Really well.

The key will be our defense. They've looked really good lately, and although we have not faced anyone like Manning, I don't think he's going to dominate them like he has in the past. We've got young, hungry guys over there who have shown a lot of discipline over the last month. Plus, they don't look intimidated by anyone.

I'm pretty sure our offense will score- except for the Jets game, that's been the case. It'll be a little harder without Daniels, but I feel like the other receivers will step up. I'm also excited to see both Slaton and Moats involved this week.

Just a feeling, but I think Sunday will go well. JMHO.

Malloy
11-06-2009, 10:36 AM
I have a good feeling about the game too, we might not win it, but I have a feeling that we'll make it a very entertaining and competitive game.

Looking forward to it! :)

Vinnie
11-06-2009, 10:45 AM
I can't get myself confident about any game for some reason. :choke:

False Start
11-06-2009, 10:52 AM
As well as the team has been playing lately, they still need to show me just a bit more before I can be confident in them in games like this. Consistency breeds confidence.

BigBull17
11-06-2009, 10:56 AM
All I know is we play to competetion, so at least we're playing a great team. I'm kinda worried, but not scared.

Tailgate
11-06-2009, 11:06 AM
I wish I was. I am hoping for the best... but asking this team to go 4-1 on the road with a win at undefeated Indy, which would be back to back wins on the road, a week after losing OD is asking ALOT.

Come game time I will be as nervous as ever. A win this weekend would make me absolutely giddy.

EDIT: Bob Sanders likely not playing this week?

http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?t=47072&page=9

False Start
11-06-2009, 11:15 AM
EDIT: Bob Sanders likely not playing this week?

http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?t=47072&page=9

Bob Sanders injured....... no way! ;)

hookinreds
11-06-2009, 11:17 AM
I think it boils down to defense and turnovers. Manning is going to be Manning, so "shutting him down" is not realistic. If our defense holds it's own and doesn't give up the big play and can hold the Colts below 30pts, our offense can compete with that. As long as we don't have more than one tournover we can take them.

Tailgate
11-06-2009, 11:20 AM

Yeah, they are about done with him over on the Colts message board. But still, had played last couple of weeks and I was expecting him this week shockingly enough.

Check out the current list of injuries for Indy:

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=injuryreport

Makes me feel a little better considering all of ours.

Tailgate
11-06-2009, 11:21 AM
I think it boils down to defense and turnovers. Manning is going to be Manning, so "shutting him down" is not realistic. If our defense holds it's own and doesn't give up the big play and can hold the Colts below 30pts, our offense can compete with that. As long as we don't have more than one tournover we can take them.

We have to be plus in the turnover margin. period. We also absolutely have to contain the DE's and give Schaub enough time to pick apart the injury ravaged colts secondary.

gtexan02
11-06-2009, 11:22 AM
I was very confident going into Buffalo. Even when we started off poorly, I never felt that we were going to lose.

This game, I feel it could go either way. Dont know how we're 9.5 point underdogs though

hookinreds
11-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Hasn't Sanders been injured the last two or three time's we've played the Colts?

On a side bar, I didn't realize that #8 and #80 have never been on the field in the same time against the Colts.

Dread-Head
11-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Bring those muff-huggas on!

Tailgate
11-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Hasn't Sanders been injured the last two or three time's we've played the Colts?

On a side bar, I didn't realize that #8 and #80 have never been on the field in the same time against the Colts.

Yup. Missed both competitive games last year. Played in both in 2007, and missed the one we won in 2006.

RTP2110
11-06-2009, 11:30 AM
I think we've got a hell of a chance. Think about how close we were to actually sweeping Indy last year. The Rosencopter game, and we had the ball with a chance to win on the last drive in Indy.

This will be the best Texans team Indy has ever seen. It's time to get that first win in Indianapolis.

cuppacoffee
11-06-2009, 11:32 AM

As well as the team has been playing lately, they still need to show me just a bit more before I can be confident in them in games like this. Consistency breeds confidence.

This.

:coffee:

gtexan02
11-06-2009, 11:44 AM
The real key here is that no team should ever feel too confident (to a fault) when playing the Colts. They are a very, very, very good team

HOU-TEX
11-06-2009, 11:46 AM
This is a game my Doctor would highly recommend me not watching if he knew the kind of roller coaster my BP rides each gameday. I might have a ambulance readily available in my driveway.

Needless to say, I think the odds of a W is slim, but there's always that chance.

BigBull17
11-06-2009, 11:48 AM

He is a very fragile guy.

Dread-Head
11-06-2009, 11:51 AM

"Awwww man!...Can't you be cool for once?!"

:Anonymous 9th grader whose IPOD I confiscated.

Thorn
11-06-2009, 11:55 AM
We will win. I know we will, I am assured of that because my old TV died, and I'm getting a new one today or tomorrow. I know for a fact the first Texans game on my new TV will be a win. I just know it.

Take THAT Indy!!! :texflag:

Marcus
11-06-2009, 12:46 PM
I have a good feeling about Sunday. I think this comes off being wrong about the bad feelings I've had with the last 3 games.

I think the defense is going to be fired up. They know good and well that they've always had their heads handed to them everytime they played the Colts in their house. I get the feeling that they are feeling confident enough to go up there and make a statement.

The only chance they have, is to get in Manning's face enough to disrupt his rhythm. And this time, I think they have the confidence going in, to actually pull that off.

They've been playing well, at times, the last few weeks. But if they go up there and get a win against Peyton, against an undefeated team, in their house . . .

. . . it'll be fun listening to the pundits yak on ESPN for change. :)

Double Barrel
11-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Any given Sunday! :texflag:

I think we are good enough to win at Indy, but like mentioned above, we've got to bring our A-game. Don't give up the ball. Manning doesn't need it any more than he already does, and giving him momentum from a turnover is a shot to our own foot.

And hopefully, the Colts are looking ahead at their game against the Patriots the following week.

badboy
11-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Colts will not beat us. However the Texans might.

Giant Tiger
11-07-2009, 11:45 PM
The real key here is that no team should ever feel too confident (to a fault) when playing the Colts. They are a very, very, very good team

I agree with this. Even so, I still like our chances. I haven't felt this good about playing the Colts before. We have to get turnovers, though. It wasn't just Rosenfels who made mistakes against the Colts... Carr lost the snap right at the start of the game a couple of times.

Hervoyel
11-08-2009, 12:04 AM
I can't say I fee confident about tomorrows game but I can say that I don't feel like I'm attending a funeral tomorrow at noon. I often did in the past. Tomorrow I think that anything is possible. We might not win but I don't think losing is a forgone conclusion anymore.

Air Canada
11-08-2009, 12:21 AM
It's something that we've never had AJ and Schaub play the Colts in the same game together. That really has to make one feel better about our chances just by having them together for this game and the weaknesses in the Colts secondary this week is another.

GO PULL THE UPSET AND SHOCK THE NFL WORLD! :clap:

Easily put.... if they win they will be the story for the next 2 weeks going into our bye, but of course they have to win first.

Kulluminatii
11-08-2009, 01:01 AM
I feel pretty damn confident that the Texans will hand Indy their first loss. If Slaton can go back to being the play-maker he was (minus the fumbles)...Colts won't see what hit them; especially if Moats keeps playing like he did against Buffalo.

I'm not one to predict scores much...since I'm never good with them...but I am positive it will be close.

steelbtexan
11-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Colts will not beat us. However the Texans might.

True

I say Texans 28-20 but I always lose money when I bet on football.

That's why I'm not betting on this game.

GP
11-08-2009, 01:22 AM
I can't say I fee confident about tomorrows game but I can say that I don't feel like I'm attending a funeral tomorrow at noon. I often did in the past. Tomorrow I think that anything is possible. We might not win but I don't think losing is a forgone conclusion anymore.

We're going to put the word "Fun" back in "funeral."

Ryan
11-08-2009, 01:40 AM
No Slaton fumbles(or any fumbles) and Schaub picks and I don't think they can beat us, unless we can't get any pressure on Manning.

disaacks3
11-08-2009, 03:40 AM

:ahhaha::spit::redtowel:

ObsiWan
11-08-2009, 05:10 AM
Nope.
Sorry.
I can never feel "confident" when we're going up against The Peyton.
TC is right, The Peyton is EVIL (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2006/09/18/peyton-manning-is-evil/).

Last year, in Reliant, we flat had them BEAT when The Peyton possessed Sage's soul and made him believe that he could fly. And we all know how that turned out.
Last week when he couldn't manage to throw a TD pass himself, he possessed poor Joseph Addai - who had never thrown a pass in his whole NFL life - and channeled Steve Young into the kid's body for the winning TD.
I'm afraid to imagine what despicable machinations he will be up to without the balancing presence of Saint Tony on the sidelines. Goodness gracious, he may possess Matt Schaub and make him believe that he has become Jim Brown.

Don't you see that Beelzebub protects him. I mean, has he even been sacked this season?? How many times...? 2-3 times? Those were for show. They had no impact on the game and they keep the less observant from getting suspicious.

But, like TC, I'm on to him.

I think the whole defense should wear garlic onto the field for protection.

He's evil. The Voices told me so.
:)

Malloy
11-08-2009, 05:33 AM
We will win. I know we will, I am assured of that because my old TV died, and I'm getting a new one today or tomorrow. I know for a fact the first Texans game on my new TV will be a win. I just know it.

Take THAT Indy!!! :texflag:

Your TV broke down and so did OD.

Its all your fault Thorn! :)

Grams
11-08-2009, 08:12 AM
On any given Sunday, any team can win.

The win by the Texans today will show the rest of the NFL - that maybe it is not the other team playing badly, but the Texans playing great.

:fans:

PHAROAH
11-08-2009, 09:18 AM
...feeling confident about Sunday's game?

I don't know what it is, and I guess I could be wrong, but I think the Texans are going to do well on Sunday. Really well.

The key will be our defense. They've looked really good lately, and although we have not faced anyone like Manning, I don't think he's going to dominate them like he has in the past. We've got young, hungry guys over there who have shown a lot of discipline over the last month. Plus, they don't look intimidated by anyone.

I'm pretty sure our offense will score- except for the Jets game, that's been the case. It'll be a little harder without Daniels, but I feel like the other receivers will step up. I'm also excited to see both Slaton and Moats involved this week.

Just a feeling, but I think Sunday will go well. JMHO.

The winds of change are coming guys and if we play up to our abilities I see us winning if we contain that pass rush because there secondary is going to be a bit week so look for more blitzing from the colts as they need to really get to shaub or our huge wr's are going to eat them up!!!!!!

:roast::roast::roast:

axman40
11-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Can the Texans beat the Colts ? HELL YES!
Will they? Check back later.
:fans:

Hervoyel
11-08-2009, 12:07 PM

You know, a truly confident Texans fan would say "You are going to a funeral tomorrow.... just not the one you expected!"

I woke up today and feel good about this game. It's time to put this losing at Indianapolis thing behind us. Last night the Cougars showed me that literally anything was possible. Peyton Manning's "reign of terror" over the AFC South and the Texans in particular needs to come to a screeching halt today.

TheRealJoker
11-08-2009, 12:17 PM
I took a shower earlier and found myself singing, "We are the champions!!!"

I've never felt so confident going into a game against the Colts, I know that this team is capable of not only making the playoffs but outright taking the AFC South and it all starts today when we go into Indy and take our shot!!!