PDA

View Full Version : 0-16 Can it happen again?

thunderkyss
11-04-2009, 06:04 PM
I was looking at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. A team ruined by John "Chucky" Gruden and others.

After week 8, they are 0-7 if it weren't for their bye week, they would probably 0-8.

They've played & lost to the Cowboys, the Bills, the Giants, the Redskins, the Eagles, the Panthers, & the Patriots.

& that was the easy part of their schedule.

in the future, they will face

the Packers....
the Dolphins..
the Saints..
the Falcons..
the Panthers...
the Jets..
the Seahawks..
the Saints..
the Falcons..

It's not looking good for the Bucs.

Thorn
11-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Perhaps they should go back to the winking Buccaneer on their helmets. LOL

kastofsna
11-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Perhaps they should go back to the winking Buccaneer on their helmets. LOL

they're wearing those uniforms this weekend against the Packers, actually. fitting.

Bubbajwp
11-04-2009, 09:25 PM
I was looking at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. A team ruined by John "Chucky" Gruden and others.

After week 8, they are 0-7 if it weren't for their bye week, they would probably 0-8.

They've played & lost to the Cowboys, the Bills, the Giants, the Redskins, the Eagles, the Panthers, & the Patriots.

the Packers....
the Dolphins..
the Saints..
the Falcons..
the Panthers...
the Jets..
the Seahawks..
the Saints..
the Falcons..

There only chance for a win.

swtbound07
11-04-2009, 09:33 PM
they will probably beat seattle. They just need one good game out of derrick ward to pull out a win. don't see them as 0-16 bad. Just don't.

kastofsna
11-04-2009, 10:18 PM
they will probably beat seattle. They just need one good game out of derrick ward to pull out a win. don't see them as 0-16 bad. Just don't.

derrick ward? i don't think the coaches even know he's still on the team.

gtexan02
11-05-2009, 09:02 AM
as they get worse, teams will overlook them. This 1st round QB may help them a bit

BigBull17
11-05-2009, 09:18 AM
They are an awfull team. Love how you say Gruden "ruined" them. He led almost the same team to 9-7. They have a head coach in way over his head. They reached on a very rough, raw QB in Freemen. They traded for K Squared and gave him all that jack. What a train wreck.

thunderkyss
11-05-2009, 09:35 AM
as they get worse, teams will overlook them. This 1st round QB may help them a bit

Which is why people thought it was impossible for a team to go 0-16 before last year.... but it did happen.

They are an awfull team. Love how you say Gruden "ruined" them. He led almost the same team to 9-7. They have a head coach in way over his head. They reached on a very rough, raw QB in Freemen. They traded for K Squared and gave him all that jack. What a train wreck.

That team used to be loaded with talent. Anybody on that team worth talking about now, that wasn't part of Dungy's team?

BigBull17
11-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Which is why people thought it was impossible for a team to go 0-16 before last year.... but it did happen.

That team used to be loaded with talent. Anybody on that team worth talking about now, that wasn't part of Dungy's team?

But, how did they go 9-7 under Gruden, yet can't win a game under Morris? Not only can't they win, they look 100% putrid. Maybe Gruden made some mistakes, but I don't think he ruined it. Also love people making a big deal that Gruden won with Dungy's team, when Dungy couldn't win with his team. Also couldn't win with Peyton save one year.

infantrycak
11-05-2009, 10:17 AM
But, how did they go 9-7 under Gruden, yet can't win a game under Morris? Not only can't they win, they look 100% putrid. Maybe Gruden made some mistakes, but I don't think he ruined it. Also love people making a big deal that Gruden won with Dungy's team, when Dungy couldn't win with his team. Also couldn't win with Peyton save one year.

Dungy had one losing season in his 13 years as a head coach (his 1st) and 10 double digit wins in those 13 years. Good call on any sentence including "Dungy couldn't win."

BigBull17
11-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Dungy had one losing season in his 13 years as a head coach (his 1st) and 10 double digit wins in those 13 years. Good call on any sentence including "Dungy couldn't win."

One ring. The best QB of all time, and a favorite to win it all how many times. One ring. Ran out of Tampa because he couldn't finish the deal. One ring. In Indy they underachieved alot. He almost was the new Marty Schotenhiemer.

kastofsna
11-05-2009, 10:56 AM
maybe winning a Super Bowl is harder than it sounds. a crazy thought.

12 straight winning seasons also isn't easy. Dungy's one of the all-time greats. just because he didn't win in Tampa doesn't me he COULDN'T win there. the Bucs' defense didn't hit their prime until the next season under Gruden. good timing for him. of course, Gruden immediately demolished the team after that.

anyway, the Bucs were pretty bad last year, but had a fluke of a run to start the year, and are the only team ever to start 9-3 and miss the playoffs. so they've lost 11 straight now i believe.

word is that Josh Freeman has gained 20 pounds since the draft. that combined with the fact that he's already had 2 offensive coordinators in his FIRST season, we could be looking at a special hybrid of JaMarcus Russell and Alex Smith. its almost like the Bucs are going out of their way to make sure Freeman sucks. although just being an awful player doesn't help that. i have no clue how he could possibly be good, ever.

infantrycak
11-05-2009, 10:56 AM
One ring. The best QB of all time, and a favorite to win it all how many times. One ring. Ran out of Tampa because he couldn't finish the deal. One ring. In Indy they underachieved alot. He almost was the new Marty Schotenhiemer.

I'll take double digits wins from now to eternity. I think it is silly to act as if the coaching underachieved under Dungy. What was the question before they won the SB? - it wasn't Dungy choking, it was whether Manning choked in the playoffs. What did he throw, 4 or 5 picks the year before they won? Was that on Dungy? Different philosophy. Unless there are some obvious brain dead decisions causing loses I am not going to ditch a double digit winning coach based solely on not winning the SB enough. Heck the Cowboys should have an extra SB trophy right now but for being pre-review era. Is that Landry's fault?

HOU-TEX
11-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Monte Kiffin leaving is a primary reason for their suckage. The defense is the only thing the Vols have keeping them in games right now.

IMO, they lacked consistency at the QB position and Gruden knew it. Which is why he went after Plummer, Favre and who knows else.

They also purged older players for youth.

Ryan
11-05-2009, 11:01 AM
The Bucs won't go 0-16. The only team i thought had a chance to(St. Louis) won last weekend.

kastofsna
11-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Monte Kiffin leaving is a primary reason for their suckage. The defense is the only thing the Vols have keeping them in games right now.

IMO, they lacked consistency at the QB position and Gruden knew it. Which is why he went after Plummer, Favre and who knows else.

They also purged older players for youth.

the primary reason is Gruden and Allen's horrible drafting and the money spent on abysmal players. also they have dead cap money of 25 million bucks in two guys who got paid league minimum. how is that possible, you ask? Bruce Allen!

the reason they lacked consistency at the QB position was Gruden. he kept wanting to bring in new veterans every single year, never looking at the position in the draft, and never sticking with one guy. he HATED Brad Johnson. Jeff Garcia was the closest he had to a consistent starter, and Garcia wound up hating him after a while. little known fact: many many players hate Gruden.

BigBull17
11-05-2009, 11:44 AM
I'll take double digits wins from now to eternity. I think it is silly to act as if the coaching underachieved under Dungy. What was the question before they won the SB? - it wasn't Dungy choking, it was whether Manning choked in the playoffs. What did he throw, 4 or 5 picks the year before they won? Was that on Dungy? Different philosophy. Unless there are some obvious brain dead decisions causing loses I am not going to ditch a double digit winning coach based solely on not winning the SB enough. Heck the Cowboys should have an extra SB trophy right now but for being pre-review era. Is that Landry's fault?

BS. If we hade that many winning seasons combined with not getting out of the 1st game, you would be pitching a freakin fit. Everyone should. Marty won lots of games without winning shit. Just sayin. I just get annoyed when people act like Gruden was a complete POS and Dungy was God when Gruden did better with Dungy's team then he did.

infantrycak
11-05-2009, 11:51 AM
BS. If we hade that many winning seasons combined with not getting out of the 1st game, you would be pitching a freakin fit.

Don't project you onto me. No I would not be.

Everyone should.

We simply disagree. I would have been very happy as a Colts fan over the last decade even without the Super Bowl. Super Bowl's are tough and ephemeral. I like watching a winning team on a consistent basis and Dungy has done that with the best. How many home games did Colts fans walk away from the stadium with a L under Dungy? 10-14 total? I'll take that.

Marty won lots of games without winning shit. Just sayin. I just get annoyed when people act like Gruden was a complete POS and Dungy was God when Gruden did better with Dungy's team then he did.

I didn't say Gruden was a POS. I just endorsed Dungy as an excellent coach. As between the two I would take him every time over Gruden. I don't like Gruden's approach to QB's at all.

kastofsna
11-05-2009, 11:52 AM
BS. If we hade that many winning seasons combined with not getting out of the 1st game, you would be pitching a freakin fit. Everyone should. Marty won lots of games without winning shit. Just sayin. I just get annoyed when people act like Gruden was a complete POS and Dungy was God when Gruden did better with Dungy's team then he did.
because a coach's career shouldn't be defined by one season. nor should a quarterback, or whatever. sustained success is the key here. fact is that Dungy completely turned the Bucs around, and he took a struggling Colts team and got 6 straight seasons of 12 wins or more. and Dungy leaves the Colts with a great future, and a 7-0 record now. Gruden left the Bucs in shambles. oh, and shortly after leaving the Raiders, they completely fell apart, too. what a coincidence.

Second Honeymoon
11-05-2009, 11:55 AM

the Packers....
the Dolphins..
the Saints..
the Falcons..
the Panthers...
the Jets..
the Seahawks..
the Saints..
the Falcons..

ruined by Gruden? more like ruined by firing Gruden. Last year the Bucs were relevant and competing for playoffs. Then they fire Gruden out of nowhere and the team goes into the tank.

Gruden didn't ruin that team. Far from it. He got a lot out of that team in recent years with scrubs at QB. It's not his fault that his teams never sucked enough to draft early enough to get a decent QB.

I don't understand the hatred of Gruden around here. It's like 2 players complained about his style and they were underachieving scrubs. When you ask Sapp, or Brooks, or any of the other real players that played under him, they will say they love the guy and that he was a good coach.

The people that ruined the Bucs are the owners, the Glazers, who decided to put their focus and their money into the English Premier League when they bought the #1 sports franchise in the world Manchester United. Once they did that, they were leveraged for cash and couldn't help the team improve. Gruden wasn't happy about it and the owners fired him for not toeing the company line.

The Bucaneers lost a few veterans and Gruden and they go from playoff caliber to one of the worst teams in the league. yeah, Gruden sucks.

Whatever.......next.

kastofsna
11-05-2009, 12:11 PM
ruined by Gruden? more like ruined by firing Gruden. Last year the Bucs were relevant and competing for playoffs. Then they fire Gruden out of nowhere and the team goes into the tank.

Gruden didn't ruin that team. Far from it. He got a lot out of that team in recent years with scrubs at QB. It's not his fault that his teams never sucked enough to draft early enough to get a decent QB.

I don't understand the hatred of Gruden around here. It's like 2 players complained about his style and they were underachieving scrubs. When you ask Sapp, or Brooks, or any of the other real players that played under him, they will say they love the guy and that he was a good coach.

The people that ruined the Bucs are the owners, the Glazers, who decided to put their focus and their money into the English Premier League when they bought the #1 sports franchise in the world Manchester United. Once they did that, they were leveraged for cash and couldn't help the team improve. Gruden wasn't happy about it and the owners fired him for not toeing the company line.

The Bucaneers lost a few veterans and Gruden and they go from playoff caliber to one of the worst teams in the league. yeah, Gruden sucks.

Whatever.......next.

actually, the team started going into the tank last year. remember, the only 9-3 team to miss the playoffs. ever. they choked big time.

his teams actually sucked quite a bit! they picked in the top 5 twice, and there are very few players from any of his drafts who are on the team, and certainly very few who are actually doing anything worth a damn on the team.

it's COMPLETELY his fault that they never got a decent QB. every year he would bring in new veterans and never did he make an attempt on developing a young quarterback. why? because he can't. he couldn't teach worth a damn, he could only coach veterans with his very complex offense.

and despite being an offensive genius, the team under his watch never ranked higher than 18th in the NFL in points scored. the offensive ranking Dungy's final year? 15th.

also, Warren Sapp has said that the team was going to win the Super Bowl that year, regardless of who was coaching. why? because of Dungy.

Gruden was fired because he sucks. the team has gotten progressively worse under his guidance, with his horrific drafting and disregard for developing young players (except defensively - that credit goes to Kiffin), he should've been gone years ago.

BigBull17
11-05-2009, 12:15 PM
because a coach's career shouldn't be defined by one season. nor should a quarterback, or whatever. sustained success is the key here. fact is that Dungy completely turned the Bucs around, and he took a struggling Colts team and got 6 straight seasons of 12 wins or more. and Dungy leaves the Colts with a great future, and a 7-0 record now. Gruden left the Bucs in shambles. oh, and shortly after leaving the Raiders, they completely fell apart, too. what a coincidence.

Yeah, AFTER he left, the Raiders started to became awful. Nice way to make my argument for me. I'm also not saying Gruden is the best coach ever, or that Dungy is the worst or even a dog, Im just saying that people who destroy Gruden are unjustified.

kastofsna
11-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Yeah, AFTER he left, the Raiders started to became awful. Nice way to make my argument for me. I'm also not saying Gruden is the best coach ever, or that Dungy is the worst or even a dog, Im just saying that people who destroy Gruden are unjustified.

yes, after he left, because all he did was sign veterans and didn't focus at ALL on developing young players. once the veterans got too old....poof. same thing with the Bucs.

infantrycak
11-05-2009, 12:30 PM
it's COMPLETELY his fault that they never got a decent QB. every year he would bring in new veterans and never did he make an attempt on developing a young quarterback. why? because he can't. he couldn't teach worth a damn, he could only coach veterans with his very complex offense.

For example he could have had Aaron Rodgers in 2005.

BigBull17
11-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Don't project you onto me. No I would not be.

We simply disagree. I would have been very happy as a Colts fan over the last decade even without the Super Bowl. Super Bowl's are tough and ephemeral. I like watching a winning team on a consistent basis and Dungy has done that with the best. How many home games did Colts fans walk away from the stadium with a L under Dungy? 10-14 total? I'll take that.

I didn't say Gruden was a POS. I just endorsed Dungy as an excellent coach. As between the two I would take him every time over Gruden. I don't like Gruden's approach to QB's at all.

It's just like the Rockets getting bounced in the 1st round every year. It gets old to be the 2-4 seed, have home court, and still not win a series for as long as they did. But, whatever. The Bucs are VERY no bueno

thunderkyss
11-05-2009, 02:54 PM

Gruden may be a good "coach" which would explain why he won in Tampa & in Oakland with what was there. But look at the talent that we've acquired since Kubiak has got here, and look at the talent that they lost since Gruden got there.

I know the coach shouldn't be the end all be all when it comes to player personnel.. but he is.

You're just the kind of guy I targeted when I made that comment. We don't want Gruden here in Houston. This division won't allow for the short sited success he had in Tampa Bay.

Think about it.

the primary reason is Gruden and Allen's horrible drafting and the money spent on abysmal players. also they have dead cap money of 25 million bucks in two guys who got paid league minimum. how is that possible, you ask? Bruce Allen!

the reason they lacked consistency at the QB position was Gruden. he kept wanting to bring in new veterans every single year, never looking at the position in the draft, and never sticking with one guy. he HATED Brad Johnson. Jeff Garcia was the closest he had to a consistent starter, and Garcia wound up hating him after a while. little known fact: many many players hate Gruden.

Read it again..... we're not making this stuff up. Gruden had one good year in Tampa, with the team he was left with. Everything after that, was because of luck & circumstance.

Think about it.

kastofsna
11-08-2009, 04:28 PM
wow, what an awesome win for the Bucs

Texans34Life
11-08-2009, 04:31 PM
/close thread.

mariowillshine15
11-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Ironic they get their first win in those creamsicle jerseys they went 0-14 in. Good for them.

kastofsna
11-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Josh Freeman looked like a stud

thunderkyss
11-08-2009, 05:24 PM
What is wrong in GreenBay?

I didn't get to watch the game, but I thought no way the Packers lose to this team.

over 400 yards of offense, & they lose.

kastofsna
11-08-2009, 05:26 PM
rodgers was sacked 6 times

business as usual, basically

ObsiWan
11-09-2009, 10:16 AM
What is wrong in GreenBay?

I didn't get to watch the game, but I thought no way the Packers lose to this team.

over 400 yards of offense, & they lose.

Me neither. Damned Packers cost me 12 pts on the Pick 'Em yesterday.