PDA

View Full Version : Joel and Thor... Multitaskers

Big Lou
11-03-2009, 12:08 PM
So now our Long Snapper is our starting TE.

Also our back up FB is out for the Colts.

Besides the Texans probably signing a TE so they can have three TE sets, will the Texans make some cuts to sign a Long Snapper and FB to have some depth for the Colts game, or should they roll the dice?

Although we were deep at TE, we also had a lot invested in they're ability to handle multiple roster spots. Now things have changed dramatically in one game.

I feel good about where this team is headed, but I'm very scared about thier current predicament.

Texan_Bill
11-03-2009, 12:18 PM
:cowboy1: Our back-up Long Snapper is out also.

InfantryCak heard something on the radio yesterday that was quite interesting. A caller reminded the hosts that Connor Barwin played TE for two years at Cincinnati before converting to the D-Line.

76Texan
11-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Barwin is a possibility to get a few snaps.

But don't we still have Clark Harris on the PS?
He's both a TE and a long snapper.

gtexan02
11-03-2009, 12:27 PM
AJ had a great comment on twitter:

Sign Tom Santi from the Colts PS!

He's got great hands and is an excellent receiver.
He knows the Colts offense.

barrett
11-03-2009, 12:50 PM
If they sign someone I think it will be for reps in practice because I imagine Shanniak will just shift to using 5 WR sets and activate Martinez for ST. They can still run alot of the same plays. At least in the passing game. It will be curious how this effects the run game though because of so many factors.

Slaton has his best game last year against the colts, he's got a lot to prove. Moats comes off his best game as a pro and we loose our best blocking TE and Casey who is above average blocking compared to some of the WR's, so there are several questions.

ObsiWan
11-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Barwin is a possibility to get a few snaps.

But don't we still have Clark Harris on the PS?
He's both a TE and a long snapper.

I think Harris is now the L/S for Cincy. He was signed the week before we played them.

barrett
11-03-2009, 12:58 PM
wasn't our LS prior to Harris picked up and then released by seattle after his suspension?

ObsiWan
11-03-2009, 01:01 PM
this is an interesting line of questioning... who will be brought in or up from the P/S to take O.D. spot?? Has that already been done? I haven't seen anything on it.

BigBull17
11-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Zoginna is also a guy who can long snap.

Texan_Bill
11-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Zoginna is also a guy who can long snap.

Yup. He's third on the depth chart behind Casey. Well, I guess that makes him second now.

Big Lou
11-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Found the answer to my question from the Houston Texans Examiner:

http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Houston-Texans-Examiner~y2009m11d2-Texans-face-short-term-crisis-with-injuries-to-Daniels-and-Casey

m5kwatts
11-03-2009, 03:03 PM
How ridiculous would it be to give Barwin some TE reps and have him sit in on some offensive meetings?

Worth a try for this week atleast.

noxiousdog
11-03-2009, 03:10 PM
How ridiculous would it be to give Barwin some TE reps and have him sit in on some offensive meetings?

Worth a try for this week atleast.

Kubiak said it came up, but decided he's got enough to worry about.

50boys
11-03-2009, 04:06 PM
I say put Slaton at TE. Since he's not doing much at running back. Worth a shot right????

rmartin65
11-03-2009, 04:38 PM
I say put Slaton at TE. Since he's not doing much at running back. Worth a shot right????

Joke? Slaton is way undersized. He better not be asked to block anyone then.