PDA

View Full Version : I want to see more JJ!

Trail.Blazr
11-02-2009, 04:53 PM
There's a notion that a receiver can take 3 years to develop in the NFL. JJ is a testament to that, as his collegiate background would indicate he needs to be coached up to the NFL level. All said, he's had some rough times, but I really am liking what I see on the field this season.

As a playmaker, he stands out to me above all other WR's on the team with exception to AJ. I don't recall seeing toting the ball in a screen yet, but I would think his open field talent would make that a very productive attribute as well.

I hope he continues to grow and develop into a real no.2 wr on the club.

Bubbajwp
11-02-2009, 05:04 PM
There's a notion that a receiver can take 3 years to develop in the NFL. JJ is a testament to that, as his collegiate background would indicate he needs to be coached up to the NFL level. All said, he's had some rough times, but I really am liking what I see on the field this season.

As a playmaker, he stands out to me above all other WR's on the team with exception to AJ. I don't recall seeing toting the ball in a screen yet, but I would think his open field talent would make that a very productive attribute as well.

I hope he continues to grow and develop into a real no.2 wr on the club.

I definetly think we need to come up with some new stuff on offense that the Colts have not seen yet. A Wr screen to JJ would be pretty sweet. I would also like to see some sort of a fake WR screen go route to jacoby with a pump fake by schaub and everything. I was going to say a TE screen to Casey but thats obviously not going to happen any time soon. I would like to see moats and Slaton on the field at the same time also.

TheIronDuke
11-02-2009, 05:06 PM
I'd at least like JJ to get the KR duties.

BrandonLwowski
11-02-2009, 05:06 PM
I would like to see moats and Slaton on the field at the same time also.

Hell yea im down for that...not a wild cat though...like moats in the back feild and slaton in the slot would be sick...i take back the wildcat part...lets give it a try

Goatcheese
11-02-2009, 05:13 PM
There's a notion that a receiver can take 3 years to develop in the NFL. JJ is a testament to that, as his collegiate background would indicate he needs to be coached up to the NFL level.

Yep. People are too quick to give up on a guy. Miles Austin was a guy I was high on coming out of college, where his only real knock was that he completely dominated everyone he faced, and just felt like he needed a few seasons of good coaching to put it together at the NFL level.

JJ has a lot of talent, and he's starting to put together the skills that will allow him to use it. Giving him the time he needs to develop is going to pay off big in the future.