PDA

View Full Version : Texans A 9 Point 'Dawg??

Drew_Smoke
11-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Wow...I just locked in the Texans +9 points. Get it before it drops.

m5kwatts
11-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Wow.... I bet 10% of the experts all over the internet ESPN sporting news SI etc will pick the Texans to win... And definitely the guys with Bronco ties (Schlereth, Tom Jackson)

This game is gonna be so hyped... I'm already getting excited

76Texan
11-02-2009, 03:54 PM

What I said earlier in the day.
Do not take that spread if you wants the Texans to win the game.
Stay far far far away! :cow::cow::cow:

kcdoubleeagle
11-02-2009, 04:07 PM

Well....obviously the oddsmakers see something that makes them think the spread should be that high....I'm not sure it won't go up considering all the public money that will come in on the Colts...

I was trying to think what the line would be before it came out....I figured it would be 8+...seems about right...Peyton Manning..undefeated at home..that's tough to beat.

Mari-OWNED!
11-02-2009, 04:21 PM
I've heard a saying that was something like "If you think Vegas made an error on the spread, you may need to rethink about it."

Not trying to be a pessimist or anything, but I could definitely see Peyton Manning torching our secondary. (Pretty sure I'm not alone)

utahmark
11-02-2009, 04:24 PM
I've heard a saying that was something like "If you think Vegas made an error on the spread, you may need to rethink about it."

Not trying to be a pessimist or anything, but I could definitely see Peyton Manning torching our secondary. (Pretty sure I'm not alone)

The line isnt a prediction on what they think will happen. its a prediction on what they think the betting public thinks will happen.

76Texan
11-02-2009, 04:28 PM
The line isnt a prediction on what they think will happen. its a prediction on what they think the betting public thinks will happen.

ding ding ding!

or they want to influence how the betting public would think!

TexCanada
11-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Why are we suprised with that spread?? Colts are 7-0, playing at home, have won 16 straight reg season games, have Peyton Manning on their team, have only lost to us once, and have a top Defense to go along with their offense.

I predict Houston wins 28-21

76Texan
11-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Why are we suprised with that spread?? Colts are 7-0, playing at home, have won 16 straight reg season games, have Peyton Manning on their team, have only lost to us once, and have a top Defense to go along with their offense.

I predict Houston wins 28-21

A 9 - 9/1-2 pt spread means youre' a dog of a dog!
Nobody comes off a 31-10 win with a lot of positive media activity, considered to be a play-off contender; who has been playing the Colts tough with lesser personnel, get such a spread.

I can see it if the Colts had just won a game convincingly, but they did not!

But no, I'm not surprised at the spread.
They can put it wherever, whatever they want.
So, no... I'm not surprised at all.

MojoMan
11-02-2009, 05:58 PM
The Texans still have not proved themselves against the league's elite teams. Until they do, this is not an unfair spread. If Indianapolis was coming to Houston, they would be favored here as well, just by a bit less.

HOU-TEX
11-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Being down a top tier TE and his backup probablt doesn't bode well for the Texans odds either. :gun:

76Texan
11-02-2009, 06:04 PM
The NFL Betting Odds to bet Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts are: +8(1/2) -110 in a moneyline of +275 for the Houston Texans, while Indianapolis Colts betting odds are: -8(1/2) -110 in a moneyline of-335 in BetUS betting lines.

The Houston Texans take on the Indianapolis Colts in what almost assuredly should be a blow-out. The Texans start Sage Rosenfels again at quarterback. He just isnít as good as Matt Schaub. Sports betting fans have to love how Rosenfels goes in there and then just gets absolutely pummeled by opposing defenses.

kcdoubleeagle
11-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Compare this line to the Saints v Falcons.....

Saints are a ten point favorite at home over a Falcons team that probably gets a little more respect from the public than the Texans....The Colts and Saints are about the same in the public's eye. So...compared to that line I would say that 9 is just about right...if not a little low. Doesn't mean we can't go in there and kick their butt....just that I am not surprised at all by that line.

DocBar
11-02-2009, 08:00 PM
The NFL Betting Odds to bet Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts are: +8(1/2) -110 in a moneyline of +275 for the Houston Texans, while Indianapolis Colts betting odds are: -8(1/2) -110 in a moneyline of-335 in BetUS betting lines.

The Houston Texans take on the Indianapolis Colts in what almost assuredly should be a blow-out. The Texans start Sage Rosenfels again at quarterback. He just isnít as good as Matt Schaub. Sports betting fans have to love how Rosenfels goes in there and then just gets absolutely pummeled by opposing defenses. I'm a gambling *****. I know the spread and O/U, but what do these other numbers mean? And a 9 pt. spread doesn't surprise me in the least.

imatexan
11-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Compare this line to the Saints v Falcons.....

Saints are a ten point favorite at home over a Falcons team that probably gets a little more respect from the public than the Texans....The Colts and Saints are about the same in the public's eye. So...compared to that line I would say that 9 is just about right...if not a little low. Doesn't mean we can't go in there and kick their butt....just that I am not surprised at all by that line.

I sure do see the Falcons on national TV a lot more than the Texans this season.

DocBar
11-02-2009, 09:19 PM

The Houston Texans take on the Indianapolis Colts in what almost assuredly should be a blow-out. The Texans start Sage Rosenfels again at quarterback. He just isnít as good as Matt Schaub. Sports betting fans have to love how Rosenfels goes in there and then just gets absolutely pummeled by opposing defenses.[/QUOTE

[QUOTE=imatexan;1291286]I sure do see the Falcons on national TV a lot more than the Texans this season.With the year Ryan had after all the Vick saga and with a rookie HC, they're gonna get that. If we keep playing like we have been, we'll get our due. If we can go 3-1 over our next 4 games, we'll be in the limelight like the Oilers of yesterday. Houston will have earned national respect. Except for maybe Cris Collingsworth. SOB is a Houston hater.

thunderkyss
11-02-2009, 09:53 PM
I like our team.

But I'm putting my money on the Colts to cover the spread.

c'mon guys 4 game win streak??

2 in a row on the road??

sometexansfan
11-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I like our team.

2 in a row on the road??

We're going to have to do it sometime dude. :texflag:

dc_txtech
11-02-2009, 10:00 PM

The Houston Texans take on the Indianapolis Colts in what almost assuredly should be a blow-out. The Texans start Sage Rosenfels again at quarterback. He just isnít as good as Matt Schaub. Sports betting fans have to love how Rosenfels goes in there and then just gets absolutely pummeled by opposing defenses.

What year is this post from?

Dan B.
11-02-2009, 10:01 PM
I like our team.

2 in a row on the road??

We're currently in the midst of a 2 game win streak on the road already.

Cincy
Buffalo

Buffi2
11-02-2009, 10:02 PM
I like our team.

2 in a row on the road??

Stranger things have happened in the football world. Besides, the Colts have to lose sometime...they can't keep winning forever.

DocBar
11-02-2009, 10:02 PM
I like our team.

2 in a row on the road??The Texans could very well win this game. I was glad the Colts beat the 9ers because the law of averages HAS to catch up with them. Why not this week, against a hot Texans team? The law of averages applies to our losses against the Colts, also. 7 straight losses. That can't go on forever.

:fans::fans::fans:

pappy
11-02-2009, 10:14 PM
I like our team.

2 in a row on the road??

Just a note if you examine who the colts have played to obtain this 7 game streak maybe just maybe you will not try betting them to cover the spread .:chef:

Speedy
11-02-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm a gambling *****. I know the spread and O/U, but what do these other numbers mean? And a 9 pt. spread doesn't surprise me in the least.

-110 means the payout is 10/11 odds, meaning that for every $11 you bet you win $10, or every $110 would net you $100.

The -335 on the Colts is the money line. That means the bet is on the Colts to win straight up and the payout is $335 bet to win $100.

+275 for the Texans means you bet $100 on the Texans to win straight up to win $275.

thunderkyss
11-02-2009, 10:50 PM
-110 means the payout is 10/11 odds, meaning that for every $11 you bet you win $10, or every $110 would net you $100.

The -335 on the Colts is the money line. That means the bet is on the Colts to win straight up and the payout is $335 bet to win $100.

+275 for the Texans means you bet $100 on the Texans to win straight up to win $275.

stay in school kids....... that's all I got to say. Stay in School.

valleytexfan
11-02-2009, 11:20 PM
The law of averages applies to our losses against the Colts, also. 7 straight losses. That can't go on forever.

Not trying to look like a hero, but isn't it 4 straight losses rather than 7? Beat them the second time in '06. Lost twice in '07 and '08...

Speedy
11-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Not trying to look like a hero, but isn't it 4 straight losses rather than 7? Beat them the second time in '06. Lost twice in '07 and '08...

7 straight in Indy. 0-7.

Also, Indy would be smart to keep their barn door/roof closed as the Texans have yet to win a road game indoors. (0-12)

imatexan
11-03-2009, 01:43 AM
ESPN is talking playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls

We have not won over the nation YET but we are close!

ObsiWan
11-03-2009, 02:51 AM
ESPN is talking playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls

We have not won over the nation YET but we are close!

28,000+ votes and 53% still say "no".

until we prove it, that's probably right.

beerlover
11-03-2009, 05:45 AM
maybe they forgot & thought Rosencopter was still @ the helm :roflcopter:

76Texan
11-03-2009, 08:12 AM
What year is this post from?

Last year!
We came in there with Sage and only got an 8 point spread.

This year, we have better personnel (making more improvements than the Colts); we're getting more recognition around the country etc. and yet the point spread is higher!

DBCooper
11-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Peyton Manning eats Texans CBs for breakfast.

How can anyone be surprised by this?

76Texan
11-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Peyton Manning eats Texans CBs for breakfast.

How can anyone be surprised by this?

Nobody is surprised by that.
He's difficult on a whole load of DBs around the league.
Nobody questioned the OVER/UNDER.

I questioned the point spread though! :good:

Kaiser Toro
11-03-2009, 08:44 AM
I am taking the nine points

infantrycak
11-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Last year!
We came in there with Sage and only got an 8 point spread.

This year, we have better personnel (making more improvements than the Colts); we're getting more recognition around the country etc. and yet the point spread is higher!

Last year the Colts came into the 1st game 1-2 and the 2nd game 5-4. Little different than 7-0.

valleytexfan
11-03-2009, 11:17 AM
7 straight in Indy. 0-7.

10-4...mea culpa

76Texan
11-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Last year the Colts came into the 1st game 1-2 and the 2nd game 5-4. Little different than 7-0.

Good points!
Even though we all knew that Peyton needed some time to adjust to playing condition after being out the whole TC and PS.

DocBar
11-03-2009, 02:06 PM

+275 for the Texans means you bet $100 on the Texans to win straight up to win $275.That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the info and for getting what I meant by 0-7 against Indy.

valleytexfan
11-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the info and for getting what I meant by 0-7 against Indy.

Was nothing personal, man. Just misunderstood the statement. Like I said, I wasn't trying to look good or anything...

GuerillaBlack
11-03-2009, 02:28 PM
I sure do see the Falcons on national TV a lot more than the Texans this season.

An 11-5 record will do that for a team.

imatexan
11-03-2009, 02:36 PM
An 11-5 record will do that for a team.

Ya.

I was referring to the comment that said that the Falcons do not get any respect either.

They do because they earned it last year.

DocBar
11-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Was nothing personal, man. Just misunderstood the statement. Like I said, I wasn't trying to look good or anything... I know. No big deal at all.

valleytexfan
11-03-2009, 09:09 PM
I know. No big deal at all.

OK cool just wanted to be sure...Go Texans

CloakNNNdagger
11-07-2009, 10:33 PM
The Texans have worked their way all the way down to 8.5 "dawgs." Probably would be worth remembering that the Colts have scored 30 or more points in seven of their last eight games against the Texans. We're going to have to whittle that magic number down while we top it ourselves.