PDA

View Full Version : With Slaton benched, Moats steps in to lead Texans over Bills (NFL.com article)

Cjeremy635
11-02-2009, 12:03 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009110101/2009/REG8/texans@bills/recap/full-story

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- If Texans running back Steve Slaton's latest turnover means he's fumbled away his starting job in Houston, Ryan Moats is certainly ready to step in.

In a game the Texans lost star tight end Owen Daniels to what's feared to be a severe knee injury, Slaton was sent to the bench after losing his fifth fumble of the season. But Moats took control, becoming the first player in franchise history to score three touchdowns in one game in a 31-10 win over the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.

"I wasn't thinking about that," Moats said, referring to setting personal and team records. "I was thinking about the time that I would get and try to do the best that I could."

Thanks to Moats, a career backup, the Texans (5-3) won their third straight, second in a row on the road, and are off to the best start in team history.

Moats finished with 126 yards rushing and another 25 yards receiving, and more important, went without a turnover in scoring touchdowns on three straight fourth-quarter possessions.

He got in the game after Slaton lost a fumble on the Texans' third drive as part of a three-turnover first half.

Coach Gary Kubiak wouldn't say whether Slaton lost his job, and was more concerned about Daniels, who didn't return after hurting his right knee. Kubiak said "It doesn't look good."

Walking on crutches, Daniels acknowledged he's afraid the injury could be season ending.

What also mattered to Kubiak was how his young team bounced back.

"Through adversity, teams get stronger or they can go the other way," Kubiak said. "This tells you about the character of the group. They didn't make excuses."

Rest of article in link posted above. Nice to see us getting a little positive press coverage. I think if we can keep building on our progess, we will see a lot more of it.

Dan B.
11-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Great. Now NFL.com is hurting Steve's feelings. I hope they didn't ruin his psyche and cause him to fumble the football.

Beer and Metal
11-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Great. Now NFL.com is hurting Steve's feelings. I hope they didn't ruin his psyche and cause him to fumble the football.

And now you're hurting his feelings by bringing his fumbles up again!

Crap! I just did it too!

Hookem Horns
11-02-2009, 12:32 PM

Crap! I just did it too!

Are you guys talking about Steve Slaton or Vince Young?

BigBull17
11-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Are you guys talking about Steve Slaton or Vince Young?

Hey, VY makes every one better...!!! :peek:

Cjeremy635
11-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Hey, VY makes every one better...!!! :peek:

According to the fans at Gotitans.com he does. Those people there are in the "I told you so" and the "If he would have started at the beginning of the season, we would be going to the playoffs" delusional bunch. Some still think they can now go 10-6....I say yeah right. Dude's the same clown who was playing this preseason.

Thorn
11-02-2009, 12:53 PM
According to the fans at Gotitans.com he does. Those people there are in the "I told you so" and the "If he would have started at the beginning of the season, we would be going to the playoffs" delusional bunch. Some still think they can now go 10-6....I say yeah right. Dude's the same clown who was playing this preseason.

With Vince starting, it will make the Monday night game more interesting.

As to the subject of this thread, I loved what Moats did yesterday, if he can do that against Indy the conversation will be over with. If...If....If....

We need Slaton. We need his open field running ability. But we DON'T need his fumbling. If he fixes the fumbling problem, maybe we'll have our two back system we've needed so bad for so long.

Dan B.
11-02-2009, 12:55 PM

Crap! I just did it too!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:nA5rBLVlVyUUSM:http://broadband.lifelounge.com/resources/IMGTHUMB/LeaveBritneyAlone_thumbnail.jpg

LEAVE STEVIE ALONE! After all he's been through?!?!?! Don't you know he's trying?!?!?! All you people care about is fumbles and turnovers. HE'S A HUMAN BEING!!! You're lucky he even played for you bastards. LEAVE HIM ALONE!! PLEASE.

Cjeremy635
11-02-2009, 12:57 PM
With Vince starting, it will make the Monday night game more interesting.
As to the subject of this thread, I loved what Moats did yesterday, if he can do that against Indy the conversation will be over with. If...If....If....

We need Slaton. We need his open field running ability. But we DON'T need his fumbling. If he fixes the fumbling problem, maybe we'll have our two back system we've needed so bad for so long.

Again, not wanting to hijack the thread, but I have a bad feeling about the last "THIS IS MY HOUSE" game. Hopefully that dog won't hunt this time around.

Sal Rosenberg
11-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Where is Ron Dayne?

gtexan02
11-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Poor Ron