PDA

View Full Version : October Defense compared to NFL Team Stats for the season

UberDork
11-02-2009, 08:08 AM
I've been curious how the numbers flushed out. The comparison in not apples to apples...maybe apples to pears:), but I think it is good for comparison's sake.

Our team rushing defense averaged 58.2 yards/game in the month of October.
Our team passing defense averaged 211.4 yards/game in the month of October.

Those stats compared to Season Team Totals would put our rush D at the top of the league...again, not an apples to apples comparison.

Pittsburgh, the league's leading rush D, averaged 76.5 yards/game on October, and their season average is 76.6 yards/game...for what that is worth.

Our pass D would be around #13...which is about where we stand anyhow.

Ryan
11-02-2009, 12:45 PM
It's been a real pleasure watching this defense play all last month. Hope the trend continues, because we're a very tough team to beat if our D keeps playing like this.

utahmark
11-02-2009, 12:57 PM
I've been curious how the numbers flushed out. The comparison in not apples to apples...maybe apples to pears:), but I think it is good for comparison's sake.

Our team rushing defense averaged 58.2 yards/game in the month of October.
Our team passing defense averaged 211.4 yards/game in the month of October.

Those stats compared to Season Team Totals would put our rush D at the top of the league...again, not an apples to apples comparison.

Pittsburgh, the league's leading rush D, averaged 76.5 yards/game on October, and their season average is 76.6 yards/game...for what that is worth.

Our pass D would be around #13...which is about where we stand anyhow.

we would actually be number 1 overall as well.

Big Lou
11-02-2009, 10:27 PM
we would actually be number 1 overall as well.

That totally kicks ass!!!!!!

We played teams of all levels so this bodes well for us.

Let's go "#1" on Indy's ass this week!!!!!!!!