PDA

View Full Version : Can we win against the Colts?

redwhiteANDblue
11-01-2009, 08:02 PM
We looked great out there today, well at least we did in the 2nd half. But we went against buffalo and colts surely aren't the same team as buffalo. With Peyton Manning as their QB it's going to be a tough time for our defense. What do you think we can do to win this? And a win here could technically announce a play off spot for Texans. And maybe turn this "corner" we've been trying to turn for years.

Mr teX
11-01-2009, 08:08 PM
we can, but the defense is gonna have to get turnovers and the offense is gonna have to be turnover free...cant give manning extra possesions.

I gotta say though, last week against SF, i got a extremely nervous watching Davis eat our lb core alive in the passing game. I was imagining what Dallas Clark and manning might do to us...yuck!

ChrisG
11-01-2009, 08:09 PM
last week: we will win

this week: we can, but I gotta say my confidence has significantly dropped w/o OD

sometexansfan
11-01-2009, 08:11 PM
I say we have to beat the Colts. This is year 8, it's time to beat Indy in their house. I know it's not going to be easy, but I believe we can do it. How are we going to do it? I really don't care how. Just do it.

infantrycak
11-01-2009, 08:11 PM
If they decide to bring their A game for 60 minutes, yes.

Trivia here - last year the Colts gave up 27 or more points 3 times and 2 were to the Texans. Both those games were lost by less than a TD. They shouldn't be close to a favorite but yes they can win.

RTP2110
11-01-2009, 08:12 PM
but I gotta say my confidence has significantly dropped w/o OD

Yea, hopefully Casey can step up quick. IIRC, Daniels has been huge against Indy's Cover 2 defense.

Goatcheese
We need Mario and Amobi to show up big and pressure Fetus Face. Other than that they just have to play good football and win the turnover battle.

dalemurphy
We have to win the turnover battle, dominate on special teams, and hope we get some calls...

We can beat Indy at home, but on the road, we are at a definite disadvantage.

Big Lou
11-01-2009, 08:13 PM
OD will definately be missed, but thank goodness we have some depth at TE. The Texans have the talent and confidence to win this game. They need to take this like any other game and not look back the past win/loss record against the Colts.

This ain't your Daddy's Texans, these boys can bring when they choose!!!

noxiousdog
11-01-2009, 08:18 PM
OD will definately be missed, but thank goodness we have some depth at TE. The Texans have the talent and confidence to win this game. They need to take this like any other game and not look back the past win/loss record against the Colts.

This ain't your Daddy's Texans, these boys can bring when they choose!!!

we can, but i wouldn't take even odds for sure.

Vinnie
11-01-2009, 08:31 PM
I like that the 49ers held them to 18 points today, that gives me hope for a win for some reason. It will come down to our :d: and if we can somehow get our running game clicking against them. Sure would be cool to see Moats have another day like today! Heck, maybe both him and Slaton have a day like he had today. :cowboy1:

GP
11-01-2009, 08:32 PM
What has hurt us in the past vs. Colts is that they picked the right offensive plays at all the right times.

When we played pass, they ran the ball down our throats.

When we played run, they passed it and ran circles around us with every conceivable WR, TE, and RB (on screen plays).

The game we were owning them in...we ended up blowing it royally.

I think we win.

I think there's going to be some motivation by our guys from a lot of different angles: Last year's blown game, Owen's injury, the lack of playing well at home thus far this season, guys on offense knowing they have to raise their game, etc.

dalemurphy
11-01-2009, 08:35 PM
What has hurt us in the past vs. Colts is that they picked the right offensive plays at all the right times.

When we played pass, they ran the ball down our throats.

When we played run, they passed it and ran circles around us with every conceivable WR, TE, and RB (on screen plays).

The game we were owning them in...we ended up blowing it royally.

I think we win.

I think there's going to be some motivation by our guys from a lot of different angles: Last year's blown game, Owen's injury, the lack of playing well at home thus far this season, guys on offense knowing they have to raise their game, etc.

though this is clearly our best football team, I don't think we match up well against Indy right now. Our Run game is suspect. And, our defense isn't exactly complex right now. I don't think they are at a point where they can be disciplined and be disguise coverage at the same time. Combine that with the home advantage and I'd say it's a steep uphill battle.

Dread-Head
11-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Can WE win? Hmmm. If I stop giving receivers a cushion in the middle, Joe Texan sticks to his coaching strategy, Bill gets healthy in time and Vinnie manages to get more yards per catch on screens...we might IF we're lucky...not get slaughtered.

Can THE Texans beat em? :bubbles: Bring on Manning. I want to see some Colts on their backs.

Nawzer
11-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Yes we can win. Kris Brown will kick a 75 yard field goal to bring us great glory!

Marcus
11-01-2009, 09:03 PM
It's really very simple for me. I don't care how good our offense is, we will not outscore Manning if we don't get in his face, and I don't see that happening.

Not without blitzing at least two people, and we'll get torched if they don't get a clear path.

And it was unfortunate for us that the Colts lost today. They will not want to lose two in a row.

brakos82
11-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Can WE win? Hmmm. If I stop giving receivers a cushion in the middle, Joe Texan sticks to his coaching strategy, Bill gets healthy in time and Vinnie manages to get more yards per catch on screens...we might IF we're lucky...not get slaughtered.

Can THE Texans beat em? :bubbles: Bring on Manning. I want to see some Colts on their backs.

Hey, I've been doing decent over here... I got us 3 in a row, remember? :bat:

Jackie Chiles
11-01-2009, 09:07 PM
fortunate for us that the Colts lost today. They will not want to lose two in a row.

They won.

Nawzer
It's really very simple for me. I don't care how good our offense is, we will not outscore Manning if we don't get in his face, and I don't see that happening.

Not without blitzing at least two people, and we'll get torched if they don't get a clear path.

And it was unfortunate for us that the Colts lost today. They will not want to lose two in a row.

Uhh..The Colts won today. It wasn't pretty but they did win.

Dread-Head
Hey, I've been doing decent over here... I got us 3 in a row, remember? :bat:

Yeah, but they're probably scrutinizing your game film as we speak. You have a tendency to sidewind to your left. They're just going to shore it up and either you're going to lose yards on each carry in short yardage situations OR they're going to turn you into a glorified blocking back. I say you sit this one out and let Slaton and Moates handle this one.

HTown2ATX
11-01-2009, 09:10 PM
HELL YES we (the Texans) can!!!

You know the Colts have 0 respect for us and I do loooooove being the disrespected underdog!!

Texans win and "shock" the NFL and the little bitches on ESPN and NFLN and go into the bye week ready to wreck shop on the hapless Possum Squallor Hootinanies when they visit from Bumblescum Mountain on MNF!!!

:kingkong:

axman40
11-01-2009, 09:10 PM

When does 14 win over 18?
:spit:

TexanBacker93
11-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Yes this team can beat the Colts in Indy. They need to play a full game and can't lose the turnover battle. Mario hasn't been getting sacks, but he's getting pressures. Manning is hard to sack because he can get rid of the ball so dang quick. Forcing him to make quicker decisions will help the DBs. The front 7 has to keep shutting down the running game as well.

Marcus
11-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Uhh..The Colts won today. It wasn't pretty but they did win.

Jeez, my bad. I thought sure they had lost it from the last update I saw.

Well, I don't see us beating them in their house. We're a better team, but we're not good enough yet to beat the Colts. Like I said, it's all about getting in Manning's face, and we're not there yet.

Buffi2
11-01-2009, 09:17 PM
I actually think we can beat the Colts, but it won't be easy, that is for sure.

We have to play almost flawless football for the full 60 minutes. We can't start out with a nervous offense, we certainly can't turn over the ball, or commit the penalties we did today, and Moats has to have another good game. The defense needs to keep Manning from getting into his Manning rhythm mode for that is when he becomes like super human.

That is a whole lot of ifs. I certainly wouldn't stake my life on it but it is a better possibility this year than any other year thus far.

markn
11-01-2009, 10:00 PM
I think this game will be billed as Colts vs. Colts Lite, and despite the somewhat disrespectful nature of this comparison, there's a lot of positives to be drawn from it. Before I continue, let's get one thing straight: I HATE THE COLTS. But, the fundamental contributors of my loathing are proximity and grudging respect. If the Colts were in another division, I'd respect them - they lay the game it's meant to be played in my mind - entertaining, intelligent and adaptable. If we're going to be anybody 'lite', then this is the prototypical team to emulate.

Shaub may never become the QB that Manning is today, but he's certainly making great strides in that direction. The Texans version of the West Cost Offense bears great resemblance to Indy's attack, even if the underlying theme is different. The way Schaub manages his offense and effortlessly employs the variety of 6,7 or 8 different play-makers in a single drive means that the loss of a single cog in the machine is minimized. Daniels is probably out for the season, and he will be missed, but I suspect that between Casey, Davis, Jones, Anderson and Dressen there will be ample talent to take up the slakc- and that's not even mentioning our starting WRs.

Maybe we can't win against the Colts, and the Rosencopter failing is a symptom of curse we'll have to play though, but let's face facts - losing to Manning, and his array of weaponry will not isolate us to a sub-level of the NFL. Indianapolis have handled everything that has been thrown them this season with consummate ease, and should we lose bravely this coming weekend, we need to brush ourselves down and move on. Of our remaining fixtures, two games against Indy and one against the Patriots are the only match-ups that should concern a team with play-off ambitions.

We may not be ready to beat Indianapolis regularly yet, but we're certainly going to put an element of fear into them after last season's close call. The leap forward that our little team has taken so far this season in winning games we'd have lost last term should give us all hope. I'm not bold enough to guarantee any wins against the Colts yet, but finally after all this time, we're entering a super-important game against the perennial division titans (small 't') without the need to wish for a miracle. The most complimentary thing you can now say about our Texans, is that there is no longer a game we start in which a win is a flat-out surprise.

This is the game in which we genuinely measure how far we've come. I've a feeling we'll do ourselves proud.

El Tejano
11-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Sucks that Manning didn't throw a TD today. He's going to put even extra time in the film room now and he is going to see red against us.

Texan4Ever
11-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Sucks that Manning didn't throw a TD today. He's going to put even extra time in the film room now and he is going to see red against us.

I disagree, I think the only thing Manning will see is Brian Cushing IN HIS FACE ALL DAY!

GOOOOOOOOOO TEXANS! :wild:

infantrycak
11-01-2009, 10:57 PM
You know the Colts have 0 respect for us and I do loooooove being the disrespected underdog!!

The Texans gave the Colts 2 of the toughest games they had last year. Fans shouldn't expect them sleeping on us.

SAMURAITEXAN
11-01-2009, 11:07 PM
I disagree, I think the only thing Manning will see is Brian Cushing IN HIS FACE ALL DAY!

GOOOOOOOOOO TEXANS! :wild:

I would love to see Cushing in Manning's face all day! Ohhh yeeesss!

Go Texans!!!

Speedy
11-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Hey, the TD leader, Matt Schaub didn't have a TD today either. I'm sure he'll be putting in extra film time and seeing some red too.

Norg
11-01-2009, 11:29 PM
well we only beat them once in our like 8 year history

Can we win against the colts SUre we can why couldnt we

note this is only the 2nd time Matty has played the colts the first time was only like his third game has a starter alot has changed since then

m5kwatts
11-01-2009, 11:53 PM
If our pass rush plays like it has all season, no

We will have to play beyond what we've shown this year and its entirely possible given that the line knows they must step their game up against Peyton and the Colts

Its possible, but it will require playing their best defensive game of the season

Scooter
11-02-2009, 08:33 AM
even as lopsided as the results have been, division games are always a coin flip so i think we can definitely win. it's going to take forcing a turnover or few on defense and we absolutely have to find our running game especially in the second half. this is how we got our last win against them (mario strip, dayne running), and the reason we lost with rosencopter (zero run game, too many chances for their pass defense). we can get a lead against the colts if we hold down big plays, but if we cant run them down late in the game it gives manning and their opportunistic defense the opportunities they're best at.

gtexan02
11-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Any. Given. Sunday.

Division games are usually always good. Colts were listed as a 9 point favorite today. I'll be curious to see if that comes down.

It would certainly help if Wayne couldn't play..

dsorc
11-02-2009, 08:39 AM
We have a chance, specially given our recent play. I think we hvae the right recipe to keep the game close. The offense has to limit TOs and just continue to control the Time of Possesion like they've done the past couple of games. If our defense can stay fresh, we should be able to put some pressure on them and hopefully limit their offense somewhat.

False Start
11-02-2009, 08:53 AM
We have been playing the Colts a lot better the past few seasons. We came really close last year with a team that had lesser talent than we have now. I think we have a really good chance this time, but I'm not going to get too confident.

Vinnie
11-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Just saw the Texans are nine point dogs in this game, wow.

kcdoubleeagle
11-02-2009, 09:18 AM
should get up to ten pretty soon considering everyone will still bet the Colts.

TexCanada
11-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Our run game is extra important this game, we need to keep the ball out of Peyton's hands as much as possible. Also, we can't give them extra possessions by turning the ball over.

Indy Skinnz
11-02-2009, 09:29 AM
HELL YES we (the Texans) can!!!

Texans win and "shock" the NFL and the little bitches on ESPN and NFLN and go into the bye week ready to wreck shop on the hapless Possum Squallor Hootinanies when they visit from Bumblescum Mountain on MNF!!!

:kingkong:

The Colts have not won all that they have over the years by not having respect for their opponents. Houston can absolutely win on Sunday and if they do, it will not be because the Colts overlooked them.

Thorn
11-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Can we win against the Colts? Yes, we can. This team has what it takes to beat the Colts.

Now will we beat the Colts on the road this Sunday? As soon as anybody is able to predict which Texans team will show up on any given day, let me know. LOL

nunusguy
11-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Ironically we could have very easily swept them last year, and last year was the year to do it as Peyton was off his usual flawless form in part do to a early season injury as I recall. And then there was the Rosencopter play in Reliant.
Very unlikely that we win in Indy, on the other hand I think there's a chance
even though most would say no as 1560 reported this morning that the Texans are a 9-91/2 point dog. Winning here in Reliant later in the month is far more possible though.

FirstTexansFan
11-02-2009, 09:39 AM
I don't wanna be overly optimistic, heaven knows I've had my heart broke so many times with this team, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say we take the Colts this weekend! 24-21 with a Kris Brown field goal for the win :)

76Texan
11-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Can we win against the Colts? Yes, we can. This team has what it takes to beat the Colts.

Now will we beat the Colts on the road this Sunday? As soon as anybody is able to predict which Texans team will show up on any given day, let me know. LOL

We can beat the Colts... but I really don't like the opening Vegas odds! http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif :scarygirl:

Blake
11-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Break out the brooms. We are going to sweep indy this year.

Hooston Texan
11-02-2009, 10:10 AM
This is the first time we've ever faced the Colts with both Schaub and AJ in the lineup together. (Knock on wood for no freak mid-week injuries)

Despite our struggles with QB continuity, injuries and the defense, we've been right there with the Colts in four of our last five games against them. We can beat this team. Won't be easy, but we can do it.

JWarren14
11-02-2009, 10:22 AM
I believe we have a great shot this Sunday against the Colts.

I will start with the Colts. They played from behind against San Francisco most of the game and it took a trick play to put them over the top. An Addai pass to Wayne who had to make a crazy catch for 6. Their schedule hasn't been too tough:

vs Jacksonville (W 14-12)
@ Miami (W 27-24)
@ Arizona (W 31-10)
vs Seattle (W 34-17)
@ Tennessee (W 31-9)
BYE
@ St Louis (W 42-6)
vs San Fran (W 18-14)

They are finding ways to win close games and we have found ways to lose close games (Jax & Ari). We know what we have to do on defense, stop Peyton Manning. Addai hasn't even come close to a 100 yard game all season and Donald Brown is banged up.

For whatever reason Lucas Oil Stadium isn't as intimidating as the RCA Dome. Last year at Lucas Oil we lost by 6 points. I know Owen Daniels is out, but he only had 1 catch for 14 yards last year in this match-up. Sage was playing instead of Schaub and our defense is much improved.

We lost the TO battle 1-0 with a Sage INT, so that will be a key. We won some hidden yardage, Penalty yardage and Return Yardage both in our favor.

We have a GREAT chance to get a W this Sunday in Indy. Moats was a beast and Brown was effective enough to get us some tough yards on Sunday if Slaton can get his issue fixed we could have a hell of a 3 headed-monster in the backfield. Schaub is in the discussion with Manning this season in terms of production and we have A LOT of targets for Matt to look for, I have 10 different players who caught a pass yesterday.

Our defense has really improved from last year and even as this season has progressed. The psychological edge has to be given to us as we have never won at Indy and we could be headed into the bye week 6-3. Indy has New England and Baltimore coming up followed by a trip to Reliant. Both teams will be amped up, but we have more to play for.

This is a crucial division stretch for the Texans with 4 division games in a row and none for the rest of the season. Our time is now ladies and gentlemen!

Texans 28 Colts 24
Let's get it done!

Norg
11-02-2009, 10:30 AM
we need a heavy dosege of Slaton and moats to win this game

Big Lou
11-02-2009, 09:30 PM
No way we can win when we're are clearly trying to rebuild. I say trade all our playmakers for picks!!!

:sarcasm:

Khari
11-02-2009, 09:32 PM
yer damn right we can!...too much perkiness?

redwhiteANDblue
11-02-2009, 10:47 PM
After looking at the colts narrow wins, I actually think we can win! If Slaton holds on to the ball and gets in some screen passes, we can rack up some serious points just in case our defense decides to fall against Peyton. Wow, I've never felt this confident with the Texans!:fans:

I believe we have a great shot this Sunday against the Colts.

I will start with the Colts. They played from behind against San Francisco most of the game and it took a trick play to put them over the top. An Addai pass to Wayne who had to make a crazy catch for 6. Their schedule hasn't been too tough:

vs Jacksonville (W 14-12)
@ Miami (W 27-24)
@ Arizona (W 31-10)
vs Seattle (W 34-17)
@ Tennessee (W 31-9)
BYE
@ St Louis (W 42-6)
vs San Fran (W 18-14)

They are finding ways to win close games and we have found ways to lose close games (Jax & Ari). We know what we have to do on defense, stop Peyton Manning. Addai hasn't even come close to a 100 yard game all season and Donald Brown is banged up.

For whatever reason Lucas Oil Stadium isn't as intimidating as the RCA Dome. Last year at Lucas Oil we lost by 6 points. I know Owen Daniels is out, but he only had 1 catch for 14 yards last year in this match-up. Sage was playing instead of Schaub and our defense is much improved.

We lost the TO battle 1-0 with a Sage INT, so that will be a key. We won some hidden yardage, Penalty yardage and Return Yardage both in our favor.

We have a GREAT chance to get a W this Sunday in Indy. Moats was a beast and Brown was effective enough to get us some tough yards on Sunday if Slaton can get his issue fixed we could have a hell of a 3 headed-monster in the backfield. Schaub is in the discussion with Manning this season in terms of production and we have A LOT of targets for Matt to look for, I have 10 different players who caught a pass yesterday.

Our defense has really improved from last year and even as this season has progressed. The psychological edge has to be given to us as we have never won at Indy and we could be headed into the bye week 6-3. Indy has New England and Baltimore coming up followed by a trip to Reliant. Both teams will be amped up, but we have more to play for.

This is a crucial division stretch for the Texans with 4 division games in a row and none for the rest of the season. Our time is now ladies and gentlemen!

Texans 28 Colts 24
Let's get it done!

tylercoltsfan
11-03-2009, 01:19 AM

We won man!! Like everyone has been saying it was ugly but it was a win.

Anyway can the Texans win?? They sure as hell can.... Would have they won last year if it was not for a stupid QB run and a fumble YES!!! Would have they blown out the Colts... YES.

The Texans are looking hot right now... Better then they have ever looked, and Ill tell you what this game seriously has me worried... This will be without a doubt the Colts toughest game to date this year.

As a Colts fan obviously I still think we will win, but it is going to come down right to the wire..... I am not going to get into stats and this and that... bla bla bla.

You will hear me say it first... Texans will not win in Indy Sunday, but they will beat the Colts in Houston... They will split them a game a piece this year.. 2 extremely evenly matched teams. This is going to be a very good game.

Oh and by the way whoever said the Texans cant out score Manning.... This could be true but out of any team we have played this year, if anyone is able to do it.... it will be the Texans!! I cant wait for this game.

Good luck Texans fans :) Ill be around all week...

Silver Oak
11-03-2009, 05:58 AM
IMO, and not happy about it, but a loss on the road to Indy, followed up by consecutive wins at home against the Titans and Colts is much more likely.

Indy Skinnz
11-03-2009, 08:29 AM
After looking at the colts narrow wins, I actually think we can win! If Slaton holds on to the ball and gets in some screen passes, we can rack up some serious points just in case our defense decides to fall against Peyton. Wow, I've never felt this confident with the Texans!:fans:

I don't get the "narrow win" line of thinking. The fact is the Colts have won close games and isn't that a sign of a pretty good team?

The Colts are 7-0 and currently on a 16 game regular season win streak. They are unbeaten but not unbeatable. They are a better team than Houston faced twice last year but that is very clearly the case for Houston too.

Regardless the outcome of this game, I fully expect both teams to be in the playoffs come January.

HOU-TEX
11-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Do I think we're able to go to Indy and win? Yes. Do I think we go up to Indy this Sunday and win? No.

The Colts have been consistently playing 60 minutes a game up to the 49er game. I'm not sure we've had a full 60 minute performance this season.

tylercoltsfan
11-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Its going to be a good game regardless who wins it or not. And I agree with expecting both the Colts and the Texans in the playoffs... The Colts will win the division with Houston getting the wild card at possibly 10-6 or 11-5.

76Texan
11-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Its going to be a good game regardless who wins it or not. And I agree with expecting both the Colts and the Texans in the playoffs... The Colts will win the division with Houston getting the wild card at possibly 10-6 or 11-5.

Were you at the home game last year?
It sounded to me that there was a lot of nervous energy in the air that day, especially toward the end of the game.
I thought it was the first time the Colts players and fans were actually concerned that the Texans might be able to pull out a win there.

I hope it turns out to be a great rivalry game.
We need something up north to compare with the Oilers-Steelers games of the past!

BigBull17
11-03-2009, 11:02 AM
The Colts have not won all that they have over the years by not having respect for their opponents. Houston can absolutely win on Sunday and if they do, it will not be because the Colts overlooked them.

The Colts almost never over look teams. To disciplined.

Indy Skinnz
11-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Were you at the home game last year?
It sounded to me that there was a lot of nervous energy in the air that day, especially toward the end of the game.
I thought it was the first time the Colts players and fans were actually concerned that the Texans might be able to pull out a win there.

I hope it turns out to be a great rivalry game.
We need something up north to compare with the Oilers-Steelers games of the past!

I was at the game in Indy and I don't recall the nervous energy that you mention. I think that was in large part due to when the Texans actually got the ball back at the end of the game, there was a time shortage and Rosenfels was the QB. There was comfort in that.

76Texan
11-03-2009, 11:51 AM
I was at the game in Indy and I don't recall the nervous energy that you mention. I think that was in large part due to when the Texans actually got the ball back at the end of the game, there was a time shortage and Rosenfels was the QB. There was comfort in that.

It was before we got the ball back.
I think it started with the challenge on a Manning pass to Harrison that the ref spotted short of the first down.
They reverse the call and gave the Colts a first down.

Then we stopped Rhodes for a one-yd loss, and Manning threw an incomplete pass to Clark on 3rd and 7.

The Colts settled for a FG, but only led by 6.

I guess there were those plays that can make the fans nervous.
I actually saw the players on the sideline being quite nervous.
And a lot of worried faces in the stand.

Hey, maybe you knew all along that Sage was gonna throw a pick so you had no worries there, LOL!

FU_ImaTexan
11-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Hey frank gore ran da ball well against
Them and they got beat by a
Trick play....Its goin 2 be tough
But we have a chance to beat
Them in their back yard!

FirstTexansFan
11-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey frank gore ran da ball well against
Them and they got beat by a
Trick play....Its goin 2 be tough
But we have a chance to beat
Them in their back yard!

I thought it was a limerick :)

thunderkyss
11-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I don't know that we can beat Indy in Indy.

But I can't wait to see us try.

Indy Skinnz
11-03-2009, 02:08 PM
It was before we got the ball back.
I think it started with the challenge on a Manning pass to Harrison that the ref spotted short of the first down.
They reverse the call and gave the Colts a first down.

Then we stopped Rhodes for a one-yd loss, and Manning threw an incomplete pass to Clark on 3rd and 7.

The Colts settled for a FG, but only led by 6.

I guess there were those plays that can make the fans nervous.
I actually saw the players on the sideline being quite nervous.
And a lot of worried faces in the stand.

Hey, maybe you knew all along that Sage was gonna throw a pick so you had no worries there, LOL!

I was there and did not sense what you are talking about. If you picked up on the crowd being nervous through the TV, you probably have better sensibilities than I. But there is no way you saw from the players. They kept their poise when they were down 21-3 to the Pats in the AFC Championship Game. No way they would be nervous about a random game they were leading in November. And certainly no way you would sense that through the television.

Norg
11-03-2009, 02:10 PM
i was at the home indy game last year and once the rosencopter happend

the Crowd was rdy to jump off a bridge we had hope but it was the begining of the end a dark day in texans history if u will

Norg
11-03-2009, 02:13 PM
I was there and did not sense what you are talking about. If you picked up on the crowd being nervous through the TV, you probably have better sensibilities than I. But there is no way you saw from the players. They kept their poise when they were down 21-3 to the Pats in the AFC Championship Game. No way they would be nervous about a random game they were leading in November. And certainly no way you would sense that through the television.

When Sage was melting down i seen Mattys Face he was like "iam glad iam not that guy face LOL"

and to see sages face after he fumbled the ball for the 2nd time man that was the lowest of low faces

gary
11-03-2009, 04:42 PM
The running game and secondary still scare me against their passing game. Anything might happen on any given Sunday though but I don't see the Texans beating the Colts. Their D is too unpredictable still and so is their running game. They'll have to play very hungry and mistake free football.

Ryan
11-03-2009, 05:32 PM
It's okay everybody, brakos82 declared victory this sunday. All is good.:fans:

redwhiteANDblue
11-03-2009, 05:36 PM
I don't get the "narrow win" line of thinking. The fact is the Colts have won close games and isn't that a sign of a pretty good team?

The Colts are 7-0 and currently on a 16 game regular season win streak. They are unbeaten but not unbeatable. They are a better team than Houston faced twice last year but that is very clearly the case for Houston too.

Regardless the outcome of this game, I fully expect both teams to be in the playoffs come January.

Well I'm not saying Colts are bad if that's what you thought I meant to say, but I was meaning to say there is a way to beat them. The narrow wins mean that the opposing team "almost" won. Meaning they're might be a weakness we can find because these narrow wins mean that they aren't impossible to beat. Wow I just confused myself :thinking:

Anyways I have a hard time seeing this as a blowout. This is the best game of the year for the Texans. If they win, people will finally open their eyes to Texans and notice them as a real threat. Not just some raiders type team. No offense to any raiders fan by the way. But if Colts win, I guess they can go on being the great team that they are!

Ryan
11-03-2009, 05:41 PM
I've had this game in particular marked off as a win since the preseason. I predicted that they'd be 5-3 at this point(not in this way by any means), but i thought that they would have a hot hand coming into this game and finally beat Indy in their place. That being said, i think Peyton comes into Reliant in three weeks and throws all over us in a relatively close loss for us. I have the same feeling about this game that I had against Tennessee in week 2. Maybe i'm just drunk on the battle red kool-aid, but i expect the Texans to be 6-3 heading into their bye.:whip:

hradhak
11-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Sure we can win. Both sides of the ball need to show up though, and that too for 60 min. If moats can get us another 100+ yard game and our d can scare manning. We just need to take care of the football. Anything negative on the to battle and we lose

silvrhand
11-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Uh bob sanders is back in the starting rotation for them.. not good for us.. crapola.

Kaiser Toro
11-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Of course we can compete and beat the Colts, we have done so with lesser teams. What makes this game different, is that we are playing for something other than pride or respect. This is a big game, and could be a defining one for the season, just as each game after it will be.

thunderkyss
11-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Has anybody actually watched the Colts?

I haven't. I'm just going on past history.

Ryan
11-04-2009, 12:41 PM

I think they're more beatable than ever this year to be honest. They've only played one team with a winning record(AZ) and when they played each other, the Cardinals were at .500. Their only really impressive win was that game. Their other 3 big wins came against the Seahawks, Titans, and Rams. Not too impressive. And they played really close games against Jacksonville, Miami, and San Fran. Not exactly the cream of the crop.

This game is the start of a pretty tough stretch for them. After this, they have NE at home, than have a 2 week road trip in which they play Baltimore and us again. They get a vacation against Tenn the next week, than they have the Broncos at home. I have a feeling they could be sleeping on us in this first game.

TheRealJoker
11-04-2009, 01:24 PM
They just lost one of their starting LBers for the year:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d813f1f5f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Tyjuan Hagler

jaayteetx
11-04-2009, 01:25 PM
They just lost one of their starting LBers for the year:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d813f1f5f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Tyjuan Hagler

that time of the year, injuries are starting to mount

silvrhand
11-04-2009, 01:58 PM

I watched the Cardinals vs. Colts:

Freeney almost single handed won that game from them on the defensive side, he was a beast.

76Texan
11-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Hagler has been playing well for them!

Indy Skinnz
11-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Hagler has been playing well for them!

He was playing pretty well too.

They had penciled in Phillip Wheeler to start in training camp but he was unimpressive and Hagler played well so they moved Hagler up.

This is a loss, but I don't think it is an insurmountable loss.

thunderkyss
11-04-2009, 02:13 PM
I think they're more beatable than ever this year to be honest. They've only played one team with a winning record(AZ) and when they played each other, the Cardinals were at .500. Their only really impressive win was that game. Their other 3 big wins came against the Seahawks, Titans, and Rams. Not too impressive. And they played really close games against Jacksonville, Miami, and San Fran. Not exactly the cream of the crop.

Nothing against your post.... but this is what I'm thinking.

W-L records mean nothing right now.
Big Wins against Seattle, Tennessee, & St Louis are what good teams do.
Close games against Jacksonville, Miami & San Francisco...... strong defensive teams... sounds about right.

Watching only a little bit of those other teams.... I think our defense is as good or better than those. & our offense is better than all of them.

If we can keep our head in the game & not get distracted by the "little" things that come up in a game. Mistakes, bad calls, turnovers.... we can really make a statement here.

This game is the start of a pretty tough stretch for them. After this, they have NE at home, than have a 2 week road trip in which they play Baltimore and us again. They get a vacation against Tenn the next week, than they have the Broncos at home. I have a feeling they could be sleeping on us in this first game.

I'm thinking the same thing. Except I don't think Jacksonville & Tennessee are going to lay down the rest of the season. They aren't as bad as their record indicate.... I don't care what Parcells says.

Indy Skinnz
11-04-2009, 02:16 PM

Virtually nothing of what you said is accurate. More beatable than ever? Really? That is kind of odd considering:
1) They have won 7 in a row to start the year
2) They have won 16 regular season games in a row
3) They are significantly better defensively than last year
4) They are just an overall better team than last year
5) They are at or near the top of turnover ratio
6) They are near the top of explosive plays
7) They are the # 1 scoring defense in the league

The whole schedule thing is just ridiculous and your logic is horribly flawed. They beat who they were scheduled to play. What more can you do? And the Colts only impressive win was the Cards? Well even if that were true, which it is not, the Texans lost to them. And one of their unimpressive wins, J'ville was to a team the Texans again lost to.

The last part of your faulty logic is suggesting the Colts will look past Houston. How many games in a row do they have to win before it becomes apparent that is not accurate? And why on this earth would they overlook a division game to the team that is their closest pursuer?

None of that means they will win. The Texans are clearly better this year too and are capable of winning.

thunderkyss
11-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Virtually nothing of what you said is accurate. More beatable than ever? Really? That is kind of odd considering:
1) They have won 7 in a row to start the year

3) They are significantly better defensively than last year

4) They are just an overall better team than last year
5) They are at or near the top of turnover ratio
6) They are near the top of explosive plays
7) They are the # 1 scoring defense in the league

The whole schedule thing is just ridiculous and your logic is horribly flawed. They beat who they were scheduled to play. What more can you do?

None of that means they will win. The Texans are clearly better this year too and are capable of winning.

all these "facts" kind of feed one another.

You played week teams... makes your team look really good in every category.

Same thing applies to us. So I won't go into using current rankings to prove that current rankings don't mean anything.

We are undoubtably a better team than we were last week. & exponentially better than what we were 6 weeks ago.

Totally different team than we were last year, & last years team was good enough to beat you. We didn't. But we were good enough.

You have been arguably the best team in the league over the last decade.... how much better can you be now, than you were last year?

Indy Skinnz
11-04-2009, 03:08 PM

Same thing applies to us. So I won't go into using current rankings to prove that current rankings don't mean anything.

We are undoubtably a better team than we were last week. & exponentially better than what we were 6 weeks ago.

Totally different team than we were last year, & last years team was good enough to beat you. We didn't. But we were good enough.

You have been arguably the best team in the league over the last decade.... how much better can you be now, than you were last year?

You seem a level headed fan and I appreciate your points. All I wanted to do was disprove Ryan's nonsense, which is what I did.

But to answer your question, they are better because of basically the reasons I listed. They have won games in the 4th quarter with defense. They have hit on several big plays this year, which was not the case last year. They are creating turnovers and holding onto the ball. And they are limiting opposing offenses to field goals. They have no aged Marvin Harrison and have some playmakers in his place. That is how they are better than last year.

GP
11-04-2009, 03:37 PM
While we deal with the loss of Owen Daniels on our side, the season-ending injury bug has bitten the Colts, too:

INDIANAPOLIS -- The unbeaten Indianapolis Colts have lost starting linebacker Tyjuan Hagler for the rest of the season with a ruptured biceps.

Coach Jim Caldwell said Hagler was placed on injured reserve Wednesday.

Second-year linebacker Philip Wheeler and undrafted rookie Ramon Humber are expected to replace Hagler. Indy also will promote rookie linebacker Cody Glenn to the active roster from the practice squad.

Hagler was fourth on the Colts with 36 tackles.

Running back Donald Brown (shoulder) and cornerback Marlin Jackson (strained ACL) were expected to practice Wednesday. Caldwell did not say whether they would play against Houston this weekend.

link: Colts starting LB out for the year (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4622689)

Is it just me, or does it seem there have been more season-ending injuries so far this season (as compared to last season)?

Ryan
11-04-2009, 11:29 PM
You seem a level headed fan and I appreciate your points. All I wanted to do was disprove Ryan's nonsense, which is what I did.

But to answer your question, they are better because of basically the reasons I listed. They have won games in the 4th quarter with defense. They have hit on several big plays this year, which was not the case last year. They are creating turnovers and holding onto the ball. And they are limiting opposing offenses to field goals. They have no aged Marvin Harrison and have some playmakers in his place. That is how they are better than last year.

I'm not doubting that y'all are a good team, i know that. We've beaten y'all once since we came into existence. And you are right, despite of what i think, you are 7-0, regardless of how pretty your wins were. However, you are more beatable than ever because this is the best team the Texans have ever had and for the last couple of years we've played some pretty close games against each other, even with our awful defenses that we've fielded over these last few years. Your top playmakers I would put up against nearly anyone's in the league. But we also have our fair share of elite playmakers, although now we are one short. I honestly just think you are a Manning injury away from your team imploding, and that's the way it's been IMO and will stay that way. Fortunately for us, though, Manning won't be going anywhere for a while, so we'll see him for probably another 10 years.

But you also have horribly flawed logic in trying to compare some of the teams that y'all beat that we lost to. First of all, we were 2 inches away from sending the JAX game potentially into overtime, and if our defense could have stopped anything, we would have won the game with ease. AZ gave us some matchup problems that you didn't quite have. Teams match up differently. Can you explain why the Raiders beat the Eagles? I thought so. And in previous years, I think the Colts have overlooked the Texans, but for a long time it didn't matter because they could've played half-assed and still beaten us with relative ease. You took us incredibly lightly for 3 1/2 quarters last year, until you finally woke up and we imploded.

Should be fun though.

DerekLee1
11-05-2009, 12:01 AM
"Beatable" does not translate to "will beat". The Texans have to play 60 minutes of perfect football to have a chance. I think they will, because I think they have had this trip on their minds since the Tennessee game. They'll play up to it, and they'll win. It will be a bit of a shootout, but I think we have control by midway through the 4th quarter.

Texans 31, Colts 24.

tylercoltsfan
11-05-2009, 02:21 AM

Im not trying to jump on you man or even argue... I just want to give my opinion... Honestly we are a WAY better team then last year... yes WAY better...

Simply because our defense is so much better... We are number one right now in fewest points allowed, and have a 9th over all defense. That is HUGE compared to last year. Also last year our rush defense was I think was like 3rd last... And now we are middle of the pack in stopping the run. If it had not been for that huge run Gore had we would be even higher right now.

Also the first game we played in Houston last year Peyton was out of sink still with his knee and all... As you can tell he is having a career best right now. The O line also has got some beef and improved... I think we have the number one o line...

Basically all this team needs is a running game and we are probably the most stacked team in the NFL. So if you ask me how much have we improved from last year?? I would say ALOT!!

This is going to be an extremely good game as the Texans have improved from last year big time... But to say the Colts cant improve anymore is dead wrong. They are a totally different team then they were last year.

They have played some good teams this year.

Jacksonville always plays their division opponents tough.. We beat them
Tennessee.. We showed what a good team does by blowing them out.
Arizona is a very good team and again.. blow out
Seattle and St Louis were both blow outs.

The Colts might not have had as tough of schedule as alot of teams but against the teams they have played they have shown why they are such a good team... Teams like Miami, Arizona, San Fran are all playoff teams and we beat all three. Ever since The Colts defense was embarrassed by the Miami offense they have really played their ass off and that is why they are doing so well shutting Arizona and San Fran down to a total of 24 points.

TexCanada
11-05-2009, 12:53 PM
We are not getting much support from the "experts". 10/10 of the espn guys picked Indy (straight up) and 5/6 on cbs picked Indy (against the spread).

thunderkyss
11-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Im not trying to jump on you man or even argue... I just want to give my opinion... Honestly we are a WAY better team then last year... yes WAY better...

Simply because our defense is so much better... We are number one right now in fewest points allowed, and have a 9th over all defense. That is HUGE compared to last year. Also last year our rush defense was I think was like 3rd last... And now we are middle of the pack in stopping the run. If it had not been for that huge run Gore had we would be even higher right now..

I gaurantee you your numbers/ranking would be different, had you played NE, Baltimore, Houston, & Denver in the front half of your schedule.

Not saying that there isn't any truth to your "better defense" argument, just saying your defense hasn't really been tested yet.

We would have the #1 defense, if we played St Louis 4 games, and Oakland for the other 4.

tylercoltsfan
11-06-2009, 12:01 AM
I gaurantee you your numbers/ranking would be different, had you played NE, Baltimore, Houston, & Denver in the front half of your schedule.

Not saying that there isn't any truth to your "better defense" argument, just saying your defense hasn't really been tested yet.

We would have the #1 defense, if we played St Louis 4 games, and Oakland for the other 4.

Fair enough... And you very well could be right, hell look what happened when the Colts played Miami... That is why I am excited to start the teeth of our schedule now so the Colts defense can prove they are more then a good defense against bad teams... Then again I wouldnt count Arizona, and San Fran as bad teams.