PDA

View Full Version : It's al bout the Dfence

stingray
11-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Slaton fumbling, Owens out, Moats looking good...

Don't matter if the defense sucks. The D is what pretty much won this game. Three to's in the first quarter. A weak defense would have folded. This defense is keeping the O in the game when they struggle. I actually look forward to see what the defense does when they take the field. Before I would cringe when the D took the field. We gotta be in the top ten in rushing D by the end of the season. We were ranked 32 after three games.

Goatcheese
11-01-2009, 07:45 PM
We were ranked 32 after three games.

Now we're ranked 15th in points, 16th in yards, 14th against the pass, but still 21st against the run. :clap:

It's hard to erase over 600 yards rushing from the first 3 games.

Mailman
11-01-2009, 07:49 PM
You say that now, but wait until TC gets an advance copy of those fancy Football Outsiders stats that say otherwise. This defense is actually quite bad and ranks in the lower half of the league.:texflag:

Goatcheese
11-01-2009, 07:53 PM
You say that now, but wait until TC gets an advance copy of those fancy Football Outsiders stats that say otherwise. This defense is actually quite bad and ranks in the lower half of the league.:texflag:

Yeah, I don't know why they even bother to take the field. They should just stay on the sideline, sipping Gatorade, because it's going to be the same result. :d:

Big Lou
11-01-2009, 09:00 PM

So we have held our last four opponents to 304 yards or less, and held all of them to under 100 yds rushing. I can't see how our defense sucks now. Maybe week 3, but not now!!!!