PDA

View Full Version : Best Texans CB and Other Thoughts

TimeKiller
11-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Jacques Reeves. Again.

:locked: <- Jeeves against T.O.

-Really thought the 1st quarter was sloppy with all the turnovers and penalties but the D really shouldered the load until the offense could pull through.

-Hope for the best on OD's knee. Didn't really see what happened but I hope he's okay. James Casey looked decent in replacement duty, maybe not the best blocker but fills the safety valve role pretty well. Had happy feet hahaha...dude was so happy to get the ball with room to run he just fell over!

-Brian Cushing is a monster. DROY consideration for sure, I think we might've help J-Byrd's case by throwing him another 2 picks and hopefully 1 gaudy stat won't hold our guy out of the talk but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

-Pass rushing seemed to be very hit or miss. Like a blitz would be super effective or completely snuffed. I think that's the result of high effort guys getting the job done occasionally and needing a superstar individual player to step up and fill in the gaps. Maybe it's just me but Mario didn't look solid vs. the pass blocking or run blocking today.

-Andre Johnson was cut out of stone, made to look human but infused with a bio-mechanical brain. He can breathe fire, turn you into a people-popsicle with his freezing glare and bend reality with his will. When AJ runs the earth turns a little faster and we had to make up for it by adding an extra hour to the day.

-Andre Davis is a bad kick return guy.

-Schaub had a pretty good day from the 2nd quarter on.

-Congratulations to the 1st 100 yard rusher of the season: Ryan Moats.

Wolf
11-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Cushing is tied with wilson for the Texans INT leaders of 2

eriadoc
11-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Reeves wasn't playing the ball (again) on that broken up TD, and to be honest, he made contact a little before the ball got there. CBs usually get away with that if they're playing the ball, but Reeves was not. I was actually surprised that the refs didn't flag him.

That said, sometimes it just doesn't matter how you get from Point A to Point B, just as long as you get there.

-Pass rushing seemed to be very hit or miss. Like a blitz would be super effective or completely snuffed. I think that's the result of high effort guys getting the job done occasionally and needing a superstar individual player to step up and fill in the gaps. Maybe it's just me but Mario didn't look solid vs. the pass blocking or run blocking today.

It's just you. Both of our sacks today were because of Mario.

Goatcheese
11-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Jacques Reeves. Again.

:locked: <- Jeeves against T.O.

Reeves and Robinson should both be ranked in the top 16 in my coverage statistics after this game. I only saw D-Rob give up the one 5 yard catch, but it's possible that I missed something.

After they both missed time in camp and preseason I was worried that they wouldn't be at their best, but they're both playing really well.

Jackie Chiles
11-01-2009, 04:36 PM
D-Rob played a great game outside of that horrendous angle on the Owens TD. Looked like Dunta was trying too hard to limit TO from getting decent yardage instead of just getting him on the ground any way possible. He won't make that mistake again.

TimeKiller
11-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Reeves wasn't playing the ball (again) on that broken up TD, and to be honest, he made contact a little before the ball got there. CBs usually get away with that if they're playing the ball, but Reeves was not. I was actually surprised that the refs didn't flag him.
I didn't see the contact and thought his coverage on that play was phenomenal. He may not have watched the QB but he was looking in his rear view a.k.a. TO and slapped the ball out with perfect timing. The only thing that would've beat him there was a perfect throw and a good catch, something neither Fitzpatrick or TO are capable of.

It's just you. Both of our sacks today were because of Mario.

Fair enough haha...

Lucky
11-01-2009, 04:43 PM
The Texans corners played well today. Still, despite the Bills talent on the outside, Reeves and Robinson were rarely tested. That will change, next week.

mexican_texan
11-01-2009, 04:47 PM
I like Quin, especially with some more development.