PDA

View Full Version : Owen Daniels - Out for Season

gwallaia
11-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Anyone heard an update on his knee?

Ryan
11-01-2009, 02:52 PM
I'd probably say in the area of a sprain/bruise. I'm no doctor, but i think he'll miss next week.

gtexan02
11-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Im hoping its a good sign that his return was questionable and they didn't bring him back into the lockeroom

Malloy
11-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Him being on the bench was a good sign for me, he might miss some time, but hopefully he won't be IR.

I want him in the pro-bowl too...

GP
11-01-2009, 02:55 PM
I'd probably say in the area of a sprain/bruise. I'm no doctor, but i think he'll miss next week.

My guesses:

1. Hyper-extension, or...

2. Strained ligaments, or...

3. Bruise on kneecap

GuerillaBlack
11-01-2009, 02:58 PM
I think he'll be questionable or probable this week at Indy, but then be fully healthy after the bye against the Titans. At least I hope so.

Ryan
11-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Yeah, that bye can't come fast enough.

Jackie Chiles
11-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Casey looked solid, he just needs to keep his legs moving after he catches the ball, lol. Hopefully Owen is alright and gets back after the bye week. I would be really surprised if he played next week.

gary
11-01-2009, 03:03 PM
They must have him next week so I hope he is ok.

eriadoc
11-01-2009, 03:04 PM
I was actually pretty happy with Casey's play today. He's no Owen Daniels, but maybe he can be for the TE position what Andre Davis was to the WR position a couple years ago when AJ went down.

GP
11-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Casey looked solid, he just needs to keep his legs moving after he catches the ball, lol. Hopefully Owen is alright and gets back after the bye week. I would be really surprised if he played next week.

Yeah, he was leaving his feet on catches and then kinda' getting tripped up and not continuing the play.

Probably focusing on catching the ball and ensuring that he has the ball.

He sees what happens to those who don't end the play WITH the ball.

He made the 4th down punt fake play. Probably one of the most important plays.

gary
11-01-2009, 03:12 PM
If OD is at 85 percent at the end of this week then I'd play him anything less than that sit him.

Section516
11-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Texans TE Daniels sprains right knee against Bills
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -Texans tight end Owen Daniels sprained his right knee in the first quarter of Houston's game at the Buffalo Bills. Daniels was hurt during Houston's second possession Sunda...

Click Here For Full Story...

GP
11-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Not sure that the Indy game needs us to risk bringing him back too soon.

Does he give us a better chance? Obviously he does.

Do we risk losing him for longer if he comes back too soon? Yes.

He will have two weeks to get ready for the Titans in Reliant. Sprained knee sounds like he needs a week of rest and a week to slowly rehab it to 100%.

texasguy346
11-01-2009, 03:18 PM
I was actually pretty happy with Casey's play today. He's no Owen Daniels, but maybe he can be for the TE position what Andre Davis was to the WR position a couple years ago when AJ went down.

I was happy with Casey's play as well. He's got really good hands but like someone else mentioned he needs to be able to keep his feet moving so he can get upfield for some extra yards. I really hope OD is alright because I have really liked what I've seen out of the 3 TE formation we've been using so much the past couple of weeks.

Kimmy
11-01-2009, 03:45 PM
From @ChronicleTexans Twitter

John McClain reports that TE Daniels will undergo MRI on Monday but it appears he may be done for season with torn right knee ligament

SAD, SAD News .....

SoCalTexanFan
11-01-2009, 03:48 PM
This is why I side with the players during these holdouts and contract negotiations. I hope the Texans do the right thing and give this guy an extension despite the injury.

Wolf
11-01-2009, 03:48 PM

John McClain reports that TE Daniels will undergo MRI on Monday but it appears he may be done for season with torn right knee ligament

SAD, SAD News .....

damn..

well lets see what these draft picks can do now

Big Lou
11-01-2009, 03:50 PM

SAD, SAD News .....

Please don't let that be the case.

Well that TE pick in this years draft seems like it may have not been bad at all. Hopefully Dressen and Casey can hold it down until he's back no matter when that is.

This won't help his contract situation.

Kimmy
11-01-2009, 03:57 PM
This won't help his contract situation.

We were thinking the same thing.

GuerillaBlack
11-01-2009, 03:58 PM
This sucks. :(

Goatcheese
11-01-2009, 03:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Jackie Chiles
11-01-2009, 04:00 PM

SAD, SAD News .....

Thats a kick to the nuts. Going to have to run the ball and incoprorate Casey/Dreessen/Jacoby more. I still love our offense, feel real bad for OD though.

Kimmy
11-01-2009, 04:02 PM
From @Adam_Schefter Twitter

Filed to ESPN: Texans TE Owen Daniels has been lost for the season with a knee injury.

Two words - overcome adversity!

Bubbajwp
11-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Damn we finally get on a roll and we loose one of our best players. What do you do if your the Texans in the offseason? Give OD the big contract he deserves or are you worried he wont return to his current form.

Bubbajwp
11-01-2009, 04:04 PM
The Texans need Slaton to step up big time now.

Kimmy
11-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Damn we finally get on a roll and we loose one of our best players. What do you do if your the Texans in the offseason? Give OD the big contract he deserves or are you worried he wont return to his current form.

Give him the money ... we should have already done it. This injury is season ending, but not career ... I was really hoping for his true Pro Bowl appearance.

Sucks on so many levels ....

jjjezebel
11-01-2009, 04:09 PM
What pisses me off the most is that CBS never replayed the play that took out O.D.

I'm thinking it was an obvious cheap shot by one of the Bills players, especially considering Kubiak's furious yelling at the refs after it was over...

These refs have been sucking seriously this season, and if it *was* a cheap shot - which we may never know - then that just makes it that much worse.

nunusguy
11-01-2009, 04:11 PM
I hope the Texans do the right thing and give this guy an extension despite the injury.
FYI the Houston Texans football team is not organized as a charitable organization, they rather as a corporation that is profit-oriented.

Goatcheese
11-01-2009, 04:13 PM

He's getting the top RFA tender again.

Maddict5
11-01-2009, 04:14 PM
this sucks. come back strong OD

False Start
11-01-2009, 04:16 PM

SAD, SAD News .....

Delete this post.....lol. ;)

This really sucks. I just had a feeling when they showed him lying on thr ground he was hurt bad. I could just tell by the way he was reacting.

DAMN! :(

TexanSam
11-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Damn :(

My gut tells me Casey will come up big, but it sucks having to rely on that rather a proven guy like OD.

Walters will probably start getting more looks as well. Tough loss for the Texans

Kimmy
11-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Delete this post.....lol. ;)

DAMN! :(

Hahaha -- glad you can take a joke! ;)

You could tell he was broken hearted ... Thing is, he wants to WIN! I think he is a class act, unlike some ... *couch* DR

DocBar
11-01-2009, 04:27 PM
FYI the Houston Texans football team is not organized as a charitable organization, they rather as a corporation that is profit-oriented. Good corporations do what is necessary to keep their top talent. That's exactly why they are good corporations. OD has left it all on the field for them. They need to show him some money.

Tailgate
11-01-2009, 04:31 PM
So wait, did he have the MRI already? Is it that easy to confirm torn ligaments? I am trying to hold out for some friggin hope here. This thread is SHITE!

TexCanada
11-01-2009, 04:37 PM
This is very humbling news...

Kimmy
11-01-2009, 04:38 PM
From @ChronicleTexans

More from Daniels: "There's always a little bit of hope, but the worst-case scenario is that I'll be back and ready to go next year."

ChronicleTexans #Texans TE Daniels: "My knee doesn't feel good, and I'm really concerned."

ChronicleTexans From John McClain: Daniels suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. "It doesn't look good," coach Gary Kubiak said.

Carr Bombed
11-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Give him the money ... we should have already done it. ....

The Texans would be stupid to give Daniels top FA money right now... It sucks he had a knee injury, but it's still business. Daniels is going to have to come back and prove he can still play at a high level before he'll get big bucks.

I also believe he had a torn ACL in college too (one of the reasons why he was available in the 4th round), so this is his second knee injury.

gtexan02
11-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Done for the year. Confirmed by ESPN:
http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/4613993

This sucks and puts the Texans in a really bad situation.

If you choose not to give Daniels the money and wait until he comes back full strength, you run a huge risk of totally pissing off your players. The Texans told him they'd give him the money if we were winning, he puts it 100% on the field, and this is what happens.

If you do give him the contract, you run the risk of him not coming back full strength.

Ryan
11-01-2009, 04:44 PM
A torn knee ligament isn't the end of a career. He'll be good and ready for next season and he'll be the same OD.

TexCanada
11-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Looks like we are going to get a very good look at Dreesen and Casey, and perhaps Hill too. Losing OD is huge, but it is one of our deepest positions supposedly

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-01-2009, 04:47 PM
OD will most likely get the franchise tag now.

nunusguy
11-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Good corporations do what is necessary to keep their top talent. That's exactly why they are good corporations. OD has left it all on the field for them. They need to show him some money.
What smart, successful companies do is pay the going rate for assets and
human talent, whatever that rate is.

wagonhed
11-01-2009, 04:49 PM
goddammit :crying:

ATXtexanfan
11-01-2009, 04:49 PM
terrible news, he's a grinder he'll be ok. at least we're deep at TE

jaayteetx
11-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Man, this just sucks. Well, better hope our young TEs step up. I hate feeling bummed after a "W".

TheRealJoker
11-01-2009, 04:53 PM
We're gonna need the TEs we've got to step up now. Anthony Hill should get his first game time next week and we're gonna need him to help out against the Colts edge rushers. Casey and Dreesen have to make up for OD's loss as well with key catches.

One thing is for sure: The debate over how much OD means to this team will be answered :-(

Some people think he's easily replaceable, I personally think that is far from the truth but I hope our replacements can do a solid job like Andre Davis and Kevin Walter combined helped out when AJ went down 2 years ago.

Marcus
11-01-2009, 04:57 PM
This sucks BIGTIME. We just lost our Pro Bowl TE.

Any way you cut it, the offense is not as good as was before. But to use the dreaded coachspeak, it's all just part of the game.

We'll probably lose more players before it's said and done.

Ryan
11-01-2009, 05:00 PM
We need to stop moping around like our season is over. Dreesen will play well, and we actually have a winning &*$^&$ team.

barrett
11-01-2009, 05:00 PM
this is ideal! we loose my favorite player for the season and we get to finally see how brilliant our FO is for drafting based on BPA and not paying out for players based on system performance. I love this guy and I don't think that Dreesen or Casey is as good as "Open" Daniels but I'm glad that this is happening now. We're getting very lucky with our "contract year" injuries. I hope we get to keep 81 but if we loose him because we aren't willing to pay top 3 TE money to a top 3 injured player we could be in a position to really improve come March!

Go Texans! Get well "Open"!

Carr Bombed
11-01-2009, 05:01 PM
James Casey can play....(we all saw the highlight catches he was making in camp and during the preseason) as soon as he builds chemistry with Schaub and gains his trust, he'll be a good replacement.

Kal
11-01-2009, 05:04 PM
It will be interesting to see how this changes the Texans offence. Tbh Daniels isn't a very good blocker so I wonder if this may see more 3 receiver sets on early downs. A team like the Cardinals compensates for their lack of a decent tight end with multiple receiver sets and the Texans have the talent to be able to do the same. Maybe we'll see more spread sets, and that can sometimes open things up in the run game - at least change things around a little.

Mailman
11-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Does anyone else think this portends an uptick in plays called JJ's way? He's too dangerous to not use more in the passing game.

ATXtexanfan
11-01-2009, 05:10 PM
James Casey can play....(we all saw the highlight catches he was making in camp and during the preseason) as soon as he builds chemistry with Schaub and gains his trust, he'll be a good replacement.

FO drafted him expecting to lose OD if you ask me, not mid year but in the future.

Lucky
11-01-2009, 05:20 PM
We need to stop moping around like our season is over.
It's not over. But, this deals a blow to the offense. Daniels was playing as well as any TE in the league. Dreessen is serviceable. Casey has talent. But, neither have Schaub's confidence as Daniels had.

I look for Walter to take a bigger role on 3rd down. And the Texans will need more big plays. Which is why I would like to see Jacoby Jones getting more snaps and more touches.

The more I think about this, I realize that this puts more pressure on the defense to continue to improve. Daniels made a lot of 3rd down plays to extend drives. The defense will need to pickup some of the lack, as well.

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2009, 05:21 PM
OD will most likely get the franchise tag now.

He will be a RFA next year so I don't think he will have to be tagged, just have to match whatever tender he is offerred by any other team to retain him and coming off injury that might not be the demand that it was about to be, hopefully that will give him time to bounce back from the injury and us to lock him down longterm.

gtexan02
11-01-2009, 05:21 PM
FO drafted him expecting to lose OD if you ask me, not mid year but in the future.

The Texans targeted a 5th rounder that happened to fall quite a bit farther than anyone expected to replace their pro bowl, all pro TE?

I don't really buy this argument. Casey fell a lot more than anyone could have expected, and we picked BPA. Simple as that

TexanBacker93
11-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Sad to see, but I think they have enough pieces to be alright. It's a tough loss and he will be missed, though.

DexmanC
11-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Good corporations do what is necessary to keep their top talent. That's exactly why they are good corporations. OD has left it all on the field for them. They need to show him some money.

I understand the sentiment, but the Texans have to do what's best for
the team. Remember all the "feel good" contracts the Texans signed under
the Casserly regime? Remember ALL THE YEARS it took to get all the bad
contracts off the table? Players have to do what's best for the players.
The Texans have to do what's best for the Texans. Negotiations take
place to meet in the middle of those two extremes.

Yes, Rick Smith may be an a$$, but he's gotten the Texans to the most
talented and deep they've ever been. O.D. went down, but we still
have Dreesen, Casey, and Hill to step in. Hope O.D. gets well, and I also
hope the Texans continue to build their depth.

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2009, 05:26 PM
It's not over. But, this deals a blow to the offense. Daniels was playing as well as any TE in the league. Dreessen is serviceable. Casey has talent. But, neither have Schaub's confidence as Daniels had.

I look for Walter to take a bigger role on 3rd down. And the Texans will need more big plays. Which is why I would like to see Jacoby Jones getting more snaps and more touches.

The more I think about this, I realize that this puts more pressure on the defense to continue to improve. Daniels made a lot of 3rd down plays to extend drives. The defense will need to pickup some of the lack, as well.

Yep. There was a huge drop off today when Daniels got hurt and was replaced on the field. I hope Schaub, Dreessen/Casey can build some chemistry and confidence quick to help close that gap. It's pretty obvious that Schaub and his primary targets are heavily in sync with each other, hopefully getting a bunch of first team snaps in practice this week will help, but you're right we need others around Schaub to pick up the load OD was carrying.

Ryan
11-01-2009, 05:27 PM
If there is a positive to be taken out of this, Demeco should be first on the list now to get payday.

CloakNNNdagger
11-01-2009, 05:33 PM
So wait, did he have the MRI already? Is it that easy to confirm torn ligaments? I am trying to hold out for some friggin hope here. This thread is SHITE!

A significantly torn anterior cruciate ligament can usually presumptively be diagnosed upon physical exam. With the lower leg bent, and with traction placed upon it, the leg will abnormally slide forward (at the knee) due to the lack of an intact check ligament. As an aside, ACL tears are commonly associated with other knee ligament injury as well as meniscus cartilage damage. Certainly, one of the worst classic knee injuries that one can sustain, if that's what he has.

Fox
11-01-2009, 05:39 PM
OD has a history of knee injuries to boot. Very sad news indeed. Here's hoping he makes a quick recovery and gets the long term deal he deserves in Houston.

Dreessen and Casey are solid options but Daniels was playing out of this world and taking the passing game to another level. Hopefully Casey can progress quickly into the player we're going to need him to be.

Thorn
11-01-2009, 05:49 PM
If OD had kept his performance up, he'd have gone to the probowl for sure. This is really sad.

gtexan02
11-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Daniels was on pace for close to 100 catches, over 1000 yards, and close to double digit TDs
Schaub is a good QB who can spread it around, Dreesen and Casey are capable backups, but to pretend like the loss of Daniels production wont impact us negatively is short sighted.

OD was the top tight end this season in the NFL so far, has been our most consistent player on offense, and has developed an unbelieveable chemistry with MS.

He attends special teams meetings just to learn how to block. He puts in tons of extra time. The guy is a worker. His loss is going to hurt us eventually.

Hookem Horns
11-01-2009, 06:08 PM
A significantly torn anterior cruciate ligament can usually presumptively be diagnosed upon physical exam. With the lower leg bent, and with traction placed upon it, the leg will abnormally slide forward (at the knee) due to the lack of an intact check ligament. As an aside, ACL tears are commonly associated with other knee ligament injury as well as meniscus cartilage damage. Certainly, one of the worst classic knee injuries that one can sustain, if that's what he has.

Is this the same injury that Dunta Robinson had?

gtexan02
11-01-2009, 06:09 PM

No, Robinsons injury was much more severe and involved multiple injuries to the area (I think)

Jackie Chiles
11-01-2009, 06:11 PM

Dunta tore just about every ligament in his knee and his hamstring to boot.

Lucky
11-01-2009, 06:12 PM
How the Daniels injury occurred (The Chronic (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6697657.html)):

Daniels, who suffered a torn ACL as a senior in high school, was hurt on a third-down incompletion on the Texans' second series of the game.

"I was running my route, and I planted and made my cut and felt something," he said. "There was some contact, but it wasn't like I was being tackled."
Damn Field Turf. :mad:

Mailman
11-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I watched the play again and even though the cameras don't capture the exact moment he went to the ground, it's obvious that the turf grabbed him as he was trying to juke the LB off the line of scrimmage and get downfield.

Nawzer
11-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Oh man. I knew it looked bad but I was hoping it wasn't anything too serious. Loosing OD is a huge blow to our offense. You can't really replace a guy like him, but hopefully someone will step up pick up some of the slack. I think we're going to see a lot more of Kevin Walter over the middle and Joel Dressen becomes our primary tight end. I wonder what's the status of Anthony Hill and maybe we'll see James Casey more now. But loosing OD hurts.

gtexan02
11-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Anyone wonder if this is football karma for OD taking out Odom for the year?

Mailman
11-01-2009, 06:25 PM

If it exists, when does Fat Al get his payback?

Jackie Chiles
11-01-2009, 06:26 PM

I'm not convinced it was the block that took Odom out, it looked like it was Odom recovering after the block. I have seen it played a few times. Clean block either way.

Bubbajwp
11-01-2009, 06:31 PM

He signed with the Redskins which basically means his NFL career is over.

PapaL
11-01-2009, 06:33 PM

You franchise him unless he agrees to your terms. This is a business and if you want to build long term success you have to treat it as such. Yeah it sucks for him but that is why they have contracts.

I know thats going to be an unpopular view but hey its the honest Truth. Want an example? See DRob.

Bubbajwp
11-01-2009, 06:36 PM
You franchise him unless he agrees to your terms. This is a business and if you want to build long term success you have to treat it as such. Yeah it sucks for him but that is why they have contracts.

I know thats going to be an unpopular view but hey its the honest Truth. Want an example? See DRob.

I completely agree just curious to see how many people think this way.

SAMURAITEXAN
11-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Hate to see OD injured. Just when OD started to get respect he deserves from media nationwide, this sXXt happens. Even OD is injured, hope Texans sign OD and pay what he deserves.

Speedy recoverly OD. We need you!

Now we need Dreesen, Casey, and Hill to step up.

Go Texans!!!

PapaL
11-01-2009, 06:38 PM

He plays for the laughing stock Washington Redskins and for an owner who will never be able to buy a Championship.

Wolf
11-01-2009, 06:38 PM

agreed

if Casey steps up in the roll and does a pretty good job, then I feel all bets are off when it comes to re-signing OD

time will tell

PapaL
11-01-2009, 06:39 PM
I completely agree just curious to see how many people think this way.

I've already dropped him from my FF team. So much for loyalty huh? lol.

infantrycak
11-01-2009, 06:41 PM

Unless there is a new collective bargaining agreement he will not be franchised as he will still be an RFA so will be subject to a tender offer like this year.

brakos82
11-01-2009, 06:42 PM
I've already dropped him from my FF team. So much for loyalty huh? lol.

Jumping the gun a bit, eh?

(I did too, but I've got Antonio Gates too, so not much harm done.)

GP
11-01-2009, 06:48 PM

Is this not as bad as an MCL injury, CND?

You said ACL tears are commonly associated with other ligament injuries. Did the ACL tear because of prior weakening of other ligaments, which left the ACL to bear the brunt of wear and tear...finally causing the ACL to break down? Or are you saying that he might have more than just an ACL problem to reckon with; that when an ACL tears, others were likely to have torn at the same time?

And can they rebuild the ACL (and maybe other weakened ligaments, as well, while they're in there) and make it stronger than it was, using cadaver ligaments?

Just hoping there is some sort of way that he returns next year. With close to the same range of movement and speed as he had before today's injury.

I feel the way I felt when I learned DD was likely not going to pull through and make it. I just can't believe it happened to the guy.

CloakNNNdagger
11-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Is this not as bad as an MCL injury, CND?

You said ACL tears are commonly associated with other ligament injuries. Did the ACL tear because of prior weakening of other ligaments, which left the ACL to bear the brunt of wear and tear...finally causing the ACL to break down? Or are you saying that he might have more than just an ACL problem to reckon with; that when an ACL tears, others were likely to have torn at the same time?

And can they rebuild the ACL (and maybe other weakened ligaments, as well, while they're in there) and make it stronger than it was, using cadaver ligaments?

Just hoping there is some sort of way that he returns next year. With close to the same range of movement and speed as he had before today's injury.

I feel the way I felt when I learned DD was likely not going to pull through and make it. I just can't believe it happened to the guy.

GP,

With many MCL injuries, a player will be able to continue to function. It is probably the least likely of the ligaments to make you dysfunctional.

An ACL is the major stabilizing ligament of the knee. If there is unobstructed back to front movement occurs at the knee joint without "check," then the MCL, LCL, and even the PCL can be torn because of simultaneous overstretching........thus lend total instability to the knee joint.

His previous ACL could have placed him at increased risk for a repeat injury.
I'm not sure if he limped off on his own 2 feet or he held his foot up avoiding weight. If the former occured, he may have incurred only an isolated ACL.

Either way, we will not probably see him until next year. (I have to take for granted that on the side line, the doctors concluded on physical that he had a "drawer sign" (the knee sliding forward).

mexican_texan
11-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Unless there is a new collective bargaining agreement he will not be franchised as he will still be an RFA so will be subject to a tender offer like this year.
Same with DeMeco. Unless there's a new CBA, they're either Texans next year or bust. They have no leverage.

CloakNNNdagger
11-01-2009, 07:20 PM
What's really sad is that next to P/K's and Qbs, TE is the third least likely position to suffer a season-ending knee injury.

CloakNNNdagger
11-01-2009, 07:31 PM

Hookem,

Dunta sustained a torn ACL and LCL with avulsion of the tendinous insertion of the hamstring.

Kimmy
11-01-2009, 07:32 PM
I feel so bad for him! He is definitely a favorite of mine :(

http://images.chron.com/photos/2009/11/01/18993076/600xPopupGallery.jpg

spurstexanstros
11-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Since OD is my favorite player I am in the first stage of grief right now...denial..I am waiting until MRI....Where is Mr Miagi when you need him?

GuerillaBlack
11-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Hopefully this isn't season ending (though it appears it may be), but I think this hurts OD more than it hurts us. Casey and Anderson will only get more playing time and I think they can hold up for us. We are deep at receiver. Jacoby will definitely get more looks, too.

Brisco_County
11-01-2009, 07:52 PM
So the ACL tore without contact?

Maybe Smith and Kubiak were aware of this possibility in this year's draft.

sometexansfan
11-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Devastating news, OD was a big part of our offense, but that's life in the NFL for you. Hopefully this will inspire our team, to step up their game even more and keep on rolling through the rest of the season. We'll miss you OD, come back strong next year. GO TEXANS, CRUSH THE COLTS!!!

StevieWonder
11-01-2009, 08:12 PM
I suggest the Texans rename the stadium Owen Daniels Memorial Stadium, at least for this season.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/Genrl_Gweevus/neverforgetowendaniels.jpg

edit: not to trivialize it or anything. This sucks big time, and hopefully the Texans can still resign him to the RFA tender and have him at good strength next season.

Mailman
11-01-2009, 08:13 PM

He was doing his stutter-step move off the LOS to get open on his route and crumpled to the turf. It happens.

noxiousdog
11-01-2009, 08:17 PM

It's possible for everyone.

CloakNNNdagger
11-01-2009, 08:18 PM

Most fans don't realize that only 1/3 of ACL injuries are produced by contact. The other 2/3 are produced by the lower leg moving forward on the the thigh bone or twisting of the lower leg on the thigh bone.

This occurs much easier on artificial turf, which is not known for their give (to buffer "sliding" or twisting). Football players on teams with artificial turf, have recently evolved to wearing a new type of cleat which better compensates for lack of give. This cleat is shaped like a comma rather than the traditional circular design. However, usually teams like ours, that play normally on grass and less commonly on turf, tend to be less prepared and seldom utilize the new safer design.

GP
11-01-2009, 08:26 PM
This is where the business side of the game is cut-throat.

The players want all they can get, due to not knowing their longevity in the NFL.

The owners and front offices want to limit what they give, due to not knowing the players' longevity in the NFL.

Nobody caused the injury. No owner, no GM, not the player. It was a weird, goofy injury that just happened. So now we see why those writing the checks are scared to write bigger checks until contracts are up. And why some fans see that as greed by those who write the checks.

And this whole mess is harder when the injured player was playing Pro Bowl caliber ball. Lots of layers on this situation, guys and gals.

m5kwatts
11-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Question - Is it worth it to hold out any hope that it might not be season ending?

Anybody remember Cooley this week thought he had a season ender and the diagnosis reduced the time table to 4-6 weeks?

Not the same injury but it happens after they take a look at the x-rays...

GuerillaBlack
11-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Question - Is it worth it to hold out any hope that it might not be season ending?

Anybody remember Cooley this week thought he had a season ender and the diagnosis reduced the time table to 4-6 weeks?

It's the only thing I'm hoping for. That maybe he can come back sometime this season.

El Tejano
11-01-2009, 08:38 PM
A team like the Cardinals compensates for their lack of a decent tight end with multiple receiver sets and the Texans have the talent to be able to do the same.

Then I can't wait for next game!

Signed,

Dwight Freeney

jppaul
11-01-2009, 08:49 PM
OD that is a huge loss man. He does so many things for this team, not only in terms of actual production but he opens things up for AJ over the top and Walter on underneath routes huge loss.

Who got his snaps today, Dreesen or Casey?

CloakNNNdagger
11-01-2009, 08:50 PM

That was not a torn ligament. It was an isolated undisplaced stress ankle fracture. Pins were placed to prophyllactically "reinforce" not "stabilize" the ankle

arb729
11-01-2009, 09:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4613993

Imatexanfan
11-01-2009, 09:09 PM
It's a serious injury but shouldn't be season ending I wouldn't think. If worse comes to worse he'd miss 4-6 weeks which he'll be ready for the time we get to the playoffs no biggie.:fans:

HTown2ATX
11-01-2009, 09:14 PM
DAMNIT!!!

As soon as I saw it, somehow I knew it would end up being an ACL...

Damn me and my immediate assupmtions of the worst case scenario.....

To quote our dear leader..."This one's on me."

Sorry guys....

:gun:

GuerillaBlack
11-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Damn. :(

When he went down, I knew he would be out for the season, but I still held out hope that maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked. Get well OD. Lucky for the Texans, we have some good depth at WR and Casey isn't looking too bad. Still, OD is what set the Texans passing game apart from a team like the Cardinals (who don't have a TE).

BSofA04
11-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Humbling to say it lightly. Injuries like this will tell us how deep our team (offense) is.

wagonhed
11-01-2009, 09:37 PM
If it exists, when does Jared Allen get his payback?
ftfy

CloakNNNdagger
11-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Evidently, Daniels has had 2 previous ACL surgeries, one in HS and one in college. However, both were on the left. Today's injury was to his right knee. The one thing that I can say with confidence is that once you've experienced an torn ACL, you can usually self-diagnose when you have another similar injury. By the time you've sustained 2 ACL tears, you are considered an "expert." I have to accept the fact that Daniels spoke from an expert's stance when he made his public comments.

MojoMan
11-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Everybody has been laughing at how many tight ends the Texas have on the roster. Now that decision is looking rather prescient. No one can replace Own Daniels, but Dreesen and Casey will do a great job, and together they will pick up the slack just fine.

If the Texans beat the Colts in Indianapolis next Sunday, they are going to the playoffs this year. Book it.

beerlover
11-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Field Turf should be prohibited in the National Football League period. I realize Buffalo is in a tough situation but if it endangers profesionals making a living then this is nothing but a preventable accident waiting to happen :ouch:

Norg
11-01-2009, 11:57 PM
We got good depth in TE iam not to worried

this shouldnt effect our O to much

MEGA SWATT
11-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Everybody has been laughing at how many tight ends the Texas have on the roster. Now that decision is looking rather prescient. No one can replace Own Daniels, but Dreesen and Casey will do a great job, and together they will pick up the slack just fine.

If the Texans beat the Colts in Indianapolis next Sunday, they are going to the playoffs this year. Book it.

That's the spirit!!

Look what Moats did in place of the "injured" Slaton!!

Get well Owen and may God allow someone to fill his shoes and then some!:cowboy1::cowboy1:

Hookem Horns
11-02-2009, 12:00 AM
James Casey, please step right up.

mattieuk
11-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Ok. I am not a pessimist about Texans football, far from But this news has got me pooping myself.

I seriously rate what OD does for us. He allows AJ to dominate with his route running. He moves the chains more times than anyone else in the team (don't know if this is true, but it sure seems like it). And he has produced in the red zone this year.

We will miss Open Daniels a heck of a lot. Shit, I'm gutted.

AnthonyE
11-02-2009, 12:12 AM
This news hurts my heart.

Carr Bombed
11-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Ok. I am not a pessimist about Texans football, far from But this news has got me pooping myself.

I seriously rate what OD does for us. He allows AJ to dominate with his route running. He moves the chains more times than anyone else in the team (don't know if this is true, but it sure seems like it). And he has produced in the red zone this year.

We will miss Open Daniels a heck of a lot. Shit, I'm gutted.

Kevin Walter is going to have to step up and be the player he was last season... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71e1WmV9UzI

If he becomes that player again and finds the level he was playing at last year.....Houston won't skip a beat. (assuming Casey can atleast be adequate) Last season Kevin Walter was the "First down machine"...he's the guy that needs to step up.

I think Houston will be fine though, this is a great offensive system we have, lead by a great offensive mind (seriously Kubiak is a offensive genius...we have no running game for most of the season...doesn't matter, he finds a way), and somebody will step up.

m5kwatts
11-02-2009, 01:04 AM
James Casey, please step right up.

Joel Dreessen too.

Actually JD will take OD's role in the offense and JC will take JD's previous role. Im guessing.

SAMURAITEXAN
11-02-2009, 01:51 AM
Aren't we glad we drafted 2 TE?
Glad Casey was able to play mutiple position for us to stay on our roster.

Go Texans!!!

swyyyguy
11-02-2009, 02:58 AM
sigh.

Malloy
11-02-2009, 03:08 AM
Horrible news, no other way to say that.

Now that is over and done with, lets hope that Walter, Casey, JJ and Dreeeesssseeeen can pick up the slack and keep those chains moving.

At least we know what Schaub will focus on this week, getting to know his other TEs better.

And now for the positive spin, we'll get to see some of our new toys in the works, as scary as that might be! :)

Get well OD, see you back soon!

nunusguy
11-02-2009, 06:25 AM
Basically the same thing has already happened to both of our starting guards this year, though I guess Chester has atleast had one big payday.
I dunno but I think OD got 2-3 million for this year so that's a mini-payday, but that's certainly not the big multi-year contract he wanted. BTW, wonder what kind of a long-term deal OD turned down which the Texans did offer him as I'm sure he now wishs he'd taken it ?
But that's life in the NFL, as a player is always potentially just one play away from being out the rest of the season or worse.

hobie
11-02-2009, 07:11 AM
As much as it hurts the O, it's time to move on and not dwell on it...Come Wednesday it's business as usual and it's time to look ahead to Indy. Can't change the fact OD is gone, so I just won't concern myself over his loss. The other guys are all professionals and they will do what they have to to move forward, as the season still goes on.. just without OD now.

PHAROAH
11-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Huge blow this guy is one of the best TE's in the NFL.

toronto
11-02-2009, 09:22 AM
I put together the hilight pack for this game and CBS flat out sucked. They never showed the actual injury, just him on the turf getting looked over.

I think this injury isn't as devastating as you probably think - little doubt in my mind there are a lot of weapons in your O and it showed. The only problem was the opponent - the Bills suck, and to make matters worse, they were missing 6 of their 11 starters from opening day. (lost Ellison, Schobel and Byrd during the game)

chicagotexan2
11-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Damn, damn, damn!!! I feel bad for Daniels. He was well on his way to having a stellar season and a big payday. I hope he has a full recovery and I really hope we we keep him. Damn!! This really sucks.

HOU-TEX
11-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Damn, damn, damn!!! I feel bad for Daniels. He was well on his way to having a stellar season and a big payday. I hope he has a full recovery and I really hope we we keep him. Damn!! This really sucks.

QFT!

When the camera qued on OD laying on the field I knew it was bad. :cry:

Okay, Casey, you're up! Keep your dadgum feet under you after the catch, buddy.

So much for the 3 TE sets, unless Hill can throw the panty liner out and go to work.

Ryan82
11-02-2009, 11:25 AM
James Casey Highlight video I'm glad he is finally going to get to play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2GlcwpWR9M

BigBull17
11-02-2009, 12:38 PM
This is a blow, but I dont think it's something we can't come back from. We'll suffer a little, but who knows. Casey and Dreesen need to step it up and be 60% OD and we should be able to make it.

ATRAIN
11-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Should I keep Drees on my fantasy team or take a gamble with Casey?

mussop
11-02-2009, 01:10 PM
QFT!

When the camera qued on OD laying on the field I knew it was bad. :cry:

Okay, Casey, you're up! Keep your dadgum feet under you after the catch, buddy.

So much for the 3 TE sets, unless Hill can throw the panty liner out and go to work.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6697657.html

Dreessen will move up a spot. Rookie James Casey, who caught the first two passes of his career, will become the second tight end. Rookie Anthony Hill, who was inactive, will be part of the game-day roster because offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan likes to use three tight end formations.

HOU-TEX
11-02-2009, 01:13 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6697657.html

Dreessen will move up a spot. Rookie James Casey, who caught the first two passes of his career, will become the second tight end. Rookie Anthony Hill, who was inactive, will be part of the game-day roster because offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan likes to use three tight end formations.

No article available in your link. Was that info from the "horse's mouth"? Or from the Chron hacks?

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2009, 01:31 PM
No article available in your link. Was that info from the "horse's mouth"? Or from the Chron hacks?

I think it's because he copied and pasted the link form somewhere (it has those dots in it). It's on the Chron sports section somewhere.

Cjeremy635
11-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Here it is folks: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d813d9a0a&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

NFL.com Wire Reports

Walking on crutches and with his head hung low, Houston Texans tight end Owen Daniels feared his season might be over after he hurt his right knee during Sunday's 31-10 road victory over the Buffalo Bills.

"I'm concerned," said Daniels, who made his first Pro Bowl last season. "It doesn't feel good."

Daniels' concern proved to be appropriate. The Houston Chronicle reported Monday that Daniels will have season-ending surgery for a torn ACL in the knee.

Daniels, who entered the game leading all NFL tight ends with 497 receiving yards, said he was scheduled to have tests Monday to determine the severity of the injury.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak also didn't sound optimistic when discussing the injury following Sunday's game.

"It doesn't look good," Kubiak said. "Obviously, (trainers) feel like he may have done some damage. I better be careful, but it does not look good."

Daniels was hurt on Houston's second possession of the game when he ran a pass route and caught his foot in the turf. Daniels said it's possible a Bills defender might have bumped or grabbed him just as he was making his cut. Daniels went down and lay on the field for several minutes before he was helped up by Texans trainers. He wasn't able to put any weight on his right leg.

Daniels' injury potentially is a big blow to a Texans offense that has been among the NFL's best this season and marks a setback for a team that's off to a franchise-best 5-3 start. Daniels entered the game leading Houston with 39 catches and five touchdowns.

The injury also comes at a critical time for the fourth-year pro, who's in the final year of his contract.

"Yeah, thanks for reminding me," Daniels said about his contract status. "Worst-case scenario, I'll definitely be ready to go next year."

The Bills (3-5), who enter their bye week, lost four starters to injuries. Right tackle Jamon Meredith, who's filling in for injured starter Jonathan Scott (ankle), was carted off after spraining his right knee in the first quarter. Defensive end Aaron Schobel, who recorded his 73rd career sack, was sidelined by a groin injury late in the second quarter.

Starting outside linebacker Keith Ellison couldn't finish the game after hurting his quadriceps. Rookie starting safety Jairus Byrd, who had two interceptions for the third consecutive game, hurt his groin late in the fourth quarter.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

imatexan
11-02-2009, 02:45 PM
This just sucks.

OD has always been a fun player to watch and I hope that the offense can play the same without him.

I am glad that we have depth at this position and all WR positions but no question about it, OD will be missed.

Mari-OWNED!
11-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Can anybody give me an update on Dreessen? Like how is he as a blocker, receiver, etc.

It seems like anytime Schaub throws a pass to him he nabs it. Didn't he convert a 4th down for us just recently? I'm thinking it was against the Cardinals.

CloakNNNdagger
11-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Texans' Daniels to undergo surgery for ACL injury (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6698814.html)
By JOHN McCLAIN
Houston Texans Pro Bowl tight end Owen Daniels suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and will undergo season-ending surgery.

Daniels suffered the injury while running a pass route in the second quarter of Sunday's 31-10 victory over the Buffalo Bills.

Daniels, who went to the Pro Bowl last season, was off to the best start of his career with 41 catches.

"It doesn't feel good," Daniels said after Sunday's game. "I'm concerned. I've hurt my knee before."

Surgery on a torn ACL generally requires an eight-month rehabilitation period.

Joel Dreesen will replace Daniels in the starting lineup.

Cjeremy635
11-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Casey will have his knee scoped and he will be out this week too. (heard on the Kubiak press conference)

Mailman
11-02-2009, 03:39 PM
James Casey Highlight video I'm glad he is finally going to get to play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2GlcwpWR9M

Err, not just yet.

Kubiak just said that Casey got his knee scoped and will be out at least through the bye.

Ugh.

CloakNNNdagger
11-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Daniels surgery scheduled in 2 weeks.

Casey to be scoped for a torn meniscus (played the entire game with it) and not to return until at least the game after the bye.

Hill will get his chance.

Will probably look at other TEs

Thorn
11-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Wow. Bad luck all around. At least Casey will be back in a few weeks. Dreesen will have to step up his game this Sunday.

Sway
11-02-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm totally biased here, but I cannot believe what happened to him yesterday. In such a promising year, where he was destined for yet another pro bowl, when he was THE # 1 TE in the NFL.... god, this is just awful. I know we've got Casey who was scoped this morning, but that's three weeks out. What kind of load can Dressen handle, and even more than that, what about Hill? ? He's been inactive almost all season. What can we do? I love Owen....he's my adoptive husband; and MY hubby's cool with it. What about his contract for next year? Do we have hope of Smith keeping him on the roster? And, do we know any more about the ACL tear? Was it horizontal or vertical?? (I'm hoping it's horizonal, as it'd be the stronger post repair.)

I FEEL for him.... such a bad, bad day yesterday, regardless of the win. Our offense will have to switch gears.

AZwhoopr
11-03-2009, 01:42 AM
This is a huge blow to the team obviously. However, im sure everyone that was second-guessing our 3rd and 4th round pick choices on tight ends isn't second guessing anymore. lol it was almost like the coaching staff knew our two tight ends would get hurt, we were destined to pick a few in the draft.

nunusguy
11-03-2009, 06:30 AM
When his right knee blew up, he was on a pace for 80 catches, 1,000 yards, 10 touchdowns and a second straight Pro Bowl appearance.

He was also one of the NFL's best bargains at $2.79 million.

That's the one-year tender figure he signed when he and Texans general manager Rick Smith were unable to agree on a multi-year contract. Neither side will say what was offered, but it almost certainly included at least $15 million in guaranteed money, probably more.
Undervalued star
Daniels turned it down because he believed in his heart he deserved more, that he should be at the top of the pay list for NFL tight ends.

He made his decision with his eyes open. He knew there was the risk of injury. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6699979.html
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" ?

SheTexan
11-03-2009, 08:18 AM
I was at the game Sunday, right behind the Texans bench, and I've never come so close to bawling over a player getting hurt as I did when I saw the look on ODs face when they took him to the exam table. I'm sure the boy knew right then that his season was over! They iced him down for a while, put an elastic brace on his knee and he got up and walk the sideline to support his teammates!! I simply felt SICK to my stomach at this loss, but, when I saw Dressen and Casey consulting on the sideline, going over plays, saw the intensity and excitement on their faces, I knew those two boys would go out and do whatever they had to do help the team. Can either one replace OD? We all know the answer to that, but, they are a TEAM, and they know that when one goes down the other has to step it up! I was impressed with sideline attitude and player to player support. NICE being about 20 ft from the team!

76Texan
11-03-2009, 08:23 AM
I was at the game Sunday, right behind the Texans bench, and I've never come so close to bawling over a player getting hurt as I did when I saw the look on ODs face when they took him to the exam table. I'm sure the boy knew right then that his season was over! They iced him down for a while, put an elastic brace on his knee and he got up and walk the sideline to support his teammates!! I simply felt SICK to my stomach at this loss, but, when I saw Dressen and Casey consulting on the sideline, going over plays, saw the intensity and excitement on their faces, I knew those two boys would go out and do whatever they had to do help the team. Can either one replace OD? We all know the answer to that, but, they are a TEAM, and they know that when one goes down the other has to step it up! I was impressed with sideline attitude and player to player support. NICE being about 20 ft from the team!

Take him home and nurse him back to health, won't ya'! http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

SheTexan
11-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Take him home and nurse him back to health, won't ya'! http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

LOL!! I've been trying to convince the Texans for 8 years that they need a sideline GRANDMA nurse!!!! Hell, those boys need TLC and LOTS of it!!:heart::shetexan:

CloakNNNdagger
11-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Just off the press........The Houston Press

Game Time: The Horrible Turn Of The Texans' Owen Daniels (http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2009/11/dr_horrible_owen_daniels_game.php)

AnthonyE
11-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Just off the press........The Houston Press

Game Time: The Horrible Turn Of The Texans' Owen Daniels (http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2009/11/dr_horrible_owen_daniels_game.php)

Nice, entertaining article on a pretty sad subject. OD better get paid this offseason.

Speaking of the Horrible Turn movie premiere, who's all going? I know I'll be there. Frankie the Bull and Chance McClain are the producers. :)

Goatcheese
11-03-2009, 06:19 PM
The Fail turf in Buffalo claimed another victim.

Bills CB McGee to have knee surgery. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4619604)

silvrhand
11-03-2009, 07:16 PM

The way that they are pulling coverages off the middle so badly for Andrew Johnson honestly we just need a warm body that knows how to get behind the LB and catch the ball. AJ is the key to OD's success this year, cause they have taken AJ away and forcing us to find other players.

Is OD a great TE, yes, does it make a huge kill for us? Not long as we can fill it with a warm body that can halfway run and catch, we'll be fine, OD has been so damn open this year hehe, he's not doing much that special.

NOTE: I'm not saying that OD isn't a good TE, I'm just saying that the way the safety corners are pulling so hard to AJ, we'll be ok with an average pass catching TE, and he'll put up big numbers as well.

gary
11-03-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm very sorry for the loss of OD but this is what football is all about winning with the group you have. Using your TE depth and get through the season and play as a TEAM then you should win as a TEAM. Afterall, every sport is all about playing together and trusting in each other as they already have been doing thus far this season. Joel, Hill, and Casey all know how to play but both Casey and Hill will have to make great strides fairly quickly now without having lots of play time in the NFL. Both should learn fast if they go over the playbook with vet TE Joel and the coaching staff and really take time to really learn the ins and outs of how plays are setup and ran and what their roles will be once they all understand the flow of the game and also get some true play time under their belt. All three should stick together at practice and turn this practice field into their very own privite classroom and soak up and take in as much possible so they won't be surprised in real action come gameday and if they do as they should then they should be on the fast track playing a very large part in hopefully helping the Texans to a playoff birth for the first time ever in franchise history all the being very serviceable role fillers for the missing OD probably better than serviceable depending on how much time they put in and are will to learn and mostly just doing their job as a backup/filler. Who knows? All the while keeping in mind that OD will be back and ready to go at the start of next season. Just rember to play team and win for OD who has ment so much to the team up to this point and was on his way to having yet another Probowl season. Just play hungry Houston and leave it all out there on the field each and every single game win or loose as fans that's really all we ask of our hometown team. Way go OD congratulations and the half a season you had or even your overall career up to this point and all of us Texan fans will miss you for the rest of this season come back strong and healthy we all know you wll because you're the man and a beast. Good luck man see you back on the football field next season doing what you do best catch passes/ TD's. GO TEXANS

CloakNNNdagger
11-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Gary,
Sentiments reflecting most of the fans. You could say "win one for the Gipper(s)"............for all those we lost to injury this season.........starting with the Colts.:texflag:

HOU-TEX
11-04-2009, 09:02 AM
The way that they are pulling coverages off the middle so badly for Andrew Johnson honestly we just need a warm body that knows how to get behind the LB and catch the ball. AJ is the key to OD's success this year, cause they have taken AJ away and forcing us to find other players.

Is OD a great TE, yes, does it make a huge kill for us? Not long as we can fill it with a warm body that can halfway run and catch, we'll be fine, OD has been so damn open this year hehe, he's not doing much that special.

NOTE: I'm not saying that OD isn't a good TE, I'm just saying that the way the safety corners are pulling so hard to AJ, we'll be ok with an average pass catching TE, and he'll put up big numbers as well.

There's that Andrew Johnson guy again. :hmmm:

False Start
11-04-2009, 09:05 AM

Yeah, that guy is a hell of a football player. :fans:

GuerillaBlack
11-04-2009, 09:16 AM
I'm very sorry for the loss of OD but this is what football is all about winning with the group you have. Using your TE depth and get through the season and play as a TEAM then you should win as a TEAM. Afterall, every sport is all about playing together and trusting in each other as they already have been doing thus far this season. Joel, Hill, and Casey all know how to play but both Casey and Hill will have to make great strides fairly quickly now without having lots of play time in the NFL. Both should learn fast if they go over the playbook with vet TE Joel and the coaching staff and really take time to really learn the ins and outs of how plays are setup and ran and what their roles will be once they all understand the flow of the game and also get some true play time under their belt. All three should stick together at practice and turn this practice field into their very own privite classroom and soak up and take in as much possible so they won't be surprised in real action come gameday and if they do as they should then they should be on the fast track playing a very large part in hopefully helping the Texans to a playoff birth for the first time ever in franchise history all the being very serviceable role fillers for the missing OD probably better than serviceable depending on how much time they put in and are will to learn and mostly just doing their job as a backup/filler. Who knows? All the while keeping in mind that OD will be back and ready to go at the start of next season. Just rember to play team and win for OD who has ment so much to the team up to this point and was on his way to having yet another Probowl season. Just play hungry Houston and leave it all out there on the field each and every single game win or loose as fans that's really all we ask of our hometown team. Way go OD congratulations and the half a season you had or even your overall career up to this point and all of us Texan fans will miss you for the rest of this season come back strong and healthy we all know you wll because you're the man and a beast. Good luck man see you back on the football field next season doing what you do best catch passes/ TD's. GO TEXANS

My eyes hurt. Paragraphs buddy, but good post. :)

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Time for Barwin to get his Vrabel on. :doot:

silvrhand
11-04-2009, 01:43 PM

Yah yah, divide by 0.. but anyways the point is still there, and I think you just like harrassing people :) :choke:

HOU-TEX
11-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Yah yah, divide by 0.. but anyways the point is still there, and I think you just like harrassing people :) :choke:

Nah, I'm far from a harrasser-er-er. :)

gary
11-04-2009, 04:06 PM
My eyes hurt. Paragraphs buddy, but good post. :)I know I'm sorry man next time I did that half asleep. LOL.