PDA

View Full Version : Bottom line: Bills Loss = Texans Not a Playoff Team

CloakNNNdagger
11-01-2009, 11:00 AM
I've read many posts this week relating how the Texans can lose this game (ie., poor running game, interceptions, turnovers, poor run defense, poor secondary play, etc.) It's true, any or all, could lead to a Texans loss. None of these should accumulate for a playoff team's loss.....especially, against a team like the Bills. I call these "setups" for excusing a loss. I doubt that I will have much patience with these same comments coming out by apologists after a loss today. Even with a win against the lowly Bills, I wonder how many can feel really confident or even confortable labelling the Texans a legitimate playoff team. Now, after a win against the Colts?............

With that, Go Texans! Let's get that chance to go on to prove our worth against the Colts.:texflag:

76Texan
11-01-2009, 11:09 AM
No more excuse!

The Texans have good enough players to be a play-off contender.

DocBar
11-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Did someone wakeup with a Halloween hangover? I agree with you about having set up excuses for a loss. Most Texans fans are fed up with them. I'm laying this game at Kubes feet, good or bad. He needs to show that he can have the team ready to play a team they should beat. 5-3 heading into Indy, riding a 3 game winning streak would be awesome. For the 1st time in franchise history, I see a Texans team that can keep up with the Colts on offense.

Big Lou
11-01-2009, 11:18 AM
I don't even want to think about losing this game!!!!!

However you are absolutely correct. If we lose this game this is the same old 2007/2008 Texans. Tons of talent and potential, but just can't put it together.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it just seems like there is a glimmer in this teams eye, and they are building "real" confidence.

Just execute Texans!!!!!!

TheRealJoker
11-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Add to that the Bills are missing 5 starters and we're healthy aside from the 2 OGs and we have a lot more talent than this Bills team. They're playing 3 rookies on the OL, its time for our DL to start turning pressures into sacks.

Dick Jauron isn't some spectacular coach either so that shouldn't make up for it. Bottom line is that the Bills have an opportunistic defense and that's their best chance of winning. Just like last week, we limited the mistakes (obligatory Slaton fumble) and that was enough to beat the 49ers because we won the turnover battle. We win the turnover battle against opportunistic teams and we win.

Play mistake free football and the talent discrepancy will shine through to the tune of another Houston Texans W!!!

dalemurphy
11-01-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm so freakin' nervous! I've been waiting to be in a playoff race for 15 years. That's a lot of pent-up frustration. I can't even imagine what Real Joker is going through!!!!!!!

DocBar
11-01-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm so freakin' nervous! I've been waiting to be in a playoff race for 15 years. That's a lot of pent-up frustration. I can't even imagine what Real Joker is going through!!!!!!!Is he still doing the celibacy vow? SANTA MARIA!!!!!

C Madd
11-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Same here! If Houston wants to officially "turn the corner" then they have to actually win the games they are supposed to win. I'm very anxious to see how Houston will respond.

76Texan
11-01-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm so freakin' nervous! I've been waiting to be in a playoff race for 15 years. That's a lot of pent-up frustration. I can't even imagine what Real Joker is going through!!!!!!!

This should be a blow-out, and that is why I am kinda nervous, too!

The Texans need to come out of the gate hard and ready to go (LOL)!

SteveSlaton20
11-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Add to that the Bills are missing 5 starters and we're healthy aside from the 2 OGs and we have a lot more talent than this Bills team. They're playing 3 rookies on the OL, its time for our DL to start turning pressures into sacks.

Dick Jauron isn't some spectacular coach either so that shouldn't make up for it. Bottom line is that the Bills have an opportunistic defense and that's their best chance of winning. Just like last week, we limited the mistakes (obligatory Slaton fumble) and that was enough to beat the 49ers because we won the turnover battle. We win the turnover battle against opportunistic teams and we win.

Play mistake free football and the talent discrepancy will shine through to the tune of another Houston Texans W!!!

Yeah, they have two starting safeties out today. I'll be piss if they lose today.

Marcus
11-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Brimming with confidence, are we? :D

silvrhand
11-01-2009, 12:36 PM
two interceptions.
one fumble
dante getting juked out of his jock strap

not good start come on texans..

silvrhand
11-01-2009, 02:30 PM
I have to say that the texans pulled it together and came out and putting a winning game together, in the past we would have folded. Now let's see if we can run the ball and put a win up by controlling the ball and put the lights out on the bills.

ObsiWan
11-01-2009, 02:39 PM
oops, wrong thread

Texans34Life
11-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Wow, if the passing doesn't work, go to the running. :)

Ryan
11-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Wow, if the passing doesn't work, go to the Moats. :)

fixed it for you.

silvrhand
11-01-2009, 02:42 PM
oops, wrong thread

yah noobed it up didn't realize everyone was posting in the other thread..