PDA

View Full Version : 15 year old with big expectations vs bills

HouSportsWriter
10-30-2009, 08:59 PM
first i will like to say this is this is guna be 1 hell! of a game....if the texans come out and play 60 min we win if we dont well....they win.......

this is a 50/50 game untell proven

texans offence been nearly unstopable and by unstopable i mean everything other then the run game....

this said i see the texans throwing earley and ofton the runing game will not get going in this game at all. this said if andre does not get his reps who will step up

1 owen danals?
2 andre davis?
3 jacoby jones?
4 david anderson?

my guess all 4 will we allready know walter is good so thats why i did not bring him up

my expectations if we play 60 min are the folowing

schaub 300+ yard game *throwing* 2 td 0 int / fum
slaton *runing* 100 yards 0 fum
cushing 1 sack and 1int and led team in tackels
andre 130+ yards 8+ receptions
od 100+ yards 9 receptions
super mario 2 sacks

if we dont play 60 min my expectations are the folowing

just win!

powerfuldragon
10-30-2009, 09:03 PM
anyone have any aspirin?

brakos82
10-30-2009, 09:11 PM
anyone have any aspirin?

How about hard liquor? :bender:

TheIronDuke
10-30-2009, 10:09 PM
It's OK everyone, I speak slatonisabeast. I'm a member of an activist group that seeks to translate incomprehensible English to one which normal humans can understand. The following is what slatonisabeast meant to say:

First I would like to say that this is going to be one hell of a game. If the Texans come and and play 60 minutes, we win. If we don't, well, they win. This is a 50/50 game until proven. (?)

The Texans offense has been nearly unstoppable and by unstoppable I mean everything other than the run game.

This brilliant observation said, I see the Texans throwing early and often. The running game will not get going in this game at all. This said if Andre does not get his reps who will step up? Perhaps Owen Daniels, Ande Davis, Jacoby Jones, or David Anderson?

I'm guessing that all four will, we all know that Walter will so that's why I didn't bring him up fellow Texans fans.

If they meet my expectations with a 60 minute game I expect the following:

Schaub- 300+ yard game with 2 TD's, no picks, no fumbles
Slaton- 100 yards rushing with no fumbles
Cushing- 1 sack and 1 INT and leads the team in tackles
Andre- 130+ yards with at least 8 receptions
OD- 100+ yards with 9 receptions
Super Mario- 2 sacks

Let's just win!

mariowillshine15
10-30-2009, 10:16 PM
first i will like to say this is this is guna be 1 hell! of a game....if the texans come out and play 60 min we win if we dont well....they win.......

this is a 50/50 game untell proven

texans offence been nearly unstopable and by unstopable i mean everything other then the run game....

this said i see the texans throwing earley and ofton the runing game will not get going in this game at all. this said if andre does not get his reps who will step up

1 owen danals?
2 andre davis?
3 jacoby jones?
4 david anderson?

my guess all 4 will we allready know walter is good so thats why i did not bring him up

my expectations if we play 60 min are the folowing

schaub 300+ yard game *throwing* 2 td 0 int / fum
slaton *runing* 100 yards 0 fum
cushing 1 sack and 1int and led team in tackels
andre 130+ yards 8+ receptions
od 100+ yards 9 receptions
super mario 2 sacks

if we dont play 60 min my expectations are the folowing

just win!

Every english teacher you've ever had should be fired.

CloakNNNdagger
10-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Wind and rain may screw up all of the above.

Thorn
10-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Every english teacher you've ever had should be fired.

And for every poster like slatonisabeast, we also have an accompanying grammer nazi.

It's a football BBS, not a English class. Lighten up.

JDizzle
10-30-2009, 10:29 PM
And for every poster like slatonisabeast, we also have an accompanying grammer nazi.

Stop, Grammer time!

But seriously, the correct spelling is "grammar".

TheIronDuke
10-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Thorn, pointing out mistakes on the OP's many grammatical errors isn't being grammar police. Asking the kid to start a thread that people can read isn't asking too much. He has the ability to use spell check so it's not much to ask him to use it.

Thorn
10-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Thorn, pointing out mistakes on the OP's many grammatical errors isn't being grammar police. Asking the kid to start a thread that people can read isn't asking too much. He has the ability to use spell check so it's not much to ask him to use it.

I understand your point. Iím partially dyslexic and a bad typist, so just about any post I make over two sentences I often run through word first. Itís probably why Iím so sensitive to that type of behavior. In fact, now I'm wondering why I misspelled grammar, Word should have caught that. Or I just didnít see the little red line under it. LOL

And now that Iíve derailed the thread, let me put it back on track with saying I think we beat the Bills by 17 or more Sunday.

76Texan
10-30-2009, 10:41 PM
I understand your point. Iím partially dyslexic and a bad typist, so just about any post I make over two sentences I often run through word first. Itís probably why Iím so sensitive to that type of behavior. In fact, now I'm wondering why I misspelled grammar, Word should have caught that. Or I just didnít see the little red line under it. LOL

And now that Iíve derailed the thread, let me put it back on track with saying I think we beat the Bills by 17 or more Sunday.

^ ^ ^
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

brakos82
10-30-2009, 10:43 PM
I understand your point. I’m partially dyslexic and a bad typist, so just about any post I make over two sentences I often run through word first. It’s probably why I’m so sensitive to that type of behavior. In fact, now I'm wondering why I misspelled grammar, Word should have caught that. Or I just didn’t see the little red line under it. LOL

And now that I’ve derailed the thread, let me put it back on track with saying I think we beat the Bills by 17 or more Sunday.

So when you make drunk posts, does Word crash on you? :ahhaha:

Thread Hijacking is better anyways. LOL

Thorn
10-30-2009, 10:47 PM
So when you make drunk posts, does Word crash on you? :ahhaha:

Thread Hijacking is better anyways. LOL

Drunk posting does not require Word, it only requires beer. :)

brakos82
10-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Drunk posting does not require Word, it only requires beer. :)

Good point. :spin:

TheIronDuke
10-30-2009, 10:56 PM
I understand your point. I’m partially dyslexic and a bad typist, so just about any post I make over two sentences I often run through word first. It’s probably why I’m so sensitive to that type of behavior. In fact, now I'm wondering why I misspelled grammar, Word should have caught that. Or I just didn’t see the little red line under it. LOL

And now that I’ve derailed the thread, let me put it back on track with saying I think we beat the Bills by 17 or more Sunday.

I'm a freaking tremendous speller/typist but I still have to resort to spell check. And I'm also hammered right now and just had to go back and re-type 10 words and that last number to make it right. But I did it. I don't want to look like an *****. The board's been on this kid to amp up his freaking spelling game but he continues to crap on the English language. Asking someone to type coherently on a message board isn't asking much.

FTR, I saw Texans by 9.

NM, checked my facebook and I said 24-13 Texans.

infantrycak
10-30-2009, 11:05 PM

If you use Firefox there is an option to click and it will spell check as you go just like Word.

Norg
10-30-2009, 11:14 PM
If we are who we think we are we should beat the times we are "supposed" to beat and this is one of them and TBH we already proveed that when we beat Cincy so yeah Bills get RDY TO LOSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we are not even thinking about u we are thinking about teh colts yeah we can not think about u and still win

TheIronDuke
10-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Now we need Johnsonfan to post and then we'll have the trifecta.

TexCanada
10-30-2009, 11:40 PM
I think "danals" should have a solid game, but I think this game rests on the O-line's shoulders and Slaton's grip. Run the ball baby!

Texaninlild
10-30-2009, 11:51 PM

I am going to have to agree with the Spell check Nazi. It was the first thing I thought when I read it, but I do agree Texans by double digits Thorn. I just think it is cool a man of your age can even turn on a PC. Your generation invented the abacus, right? :shetexan:

brakos82
10-30-2009, 11:53 PM
I just think it is cool a man of your age can even turn on a PC. Your generation invented the abacus, right? :shetexan:

Uh-oh..... :roast:

Grams
10-31-2009, 05:30 AM
I am going to have to agree with the Spell check Nazi. It was the first thing I thought when I read it, but I do agree Texans by double digits Thorn. I just think it is cool a man of your age can even turn on a PC. Your generation invented the abacus, right? :shetexan:

No - our generation invented the internet.

JB
10-31-2009, 08:04 AM

That's not right!:bat:

Thorn
10-31-2009, 09:34 AM

Interesting. Either you're just funning with me, or you're tolling me, I can't really tell which to be honest. If you're just having fun I can turn on a PC. I'm a NetAdmin and the network I deal with in Houston has over a 1000 servers on it. Actually at last count it was over 1300. Being on call for that **** is a *****.

If you're trolling me, it was a lame troll. :)

76Texan
10-31-2009, 09:43 AM
Thorn invented beer!http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

"The discovery of late Stone Age beer jugs has established the fact that purposely fermented beverages existed at least as early as c. 10,000 BC. It has been suggested that beer may have preceded bread as a staple."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_alcoholic_beverages

Thorn
10-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Thorn invented beer!http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

"The discovery of late Stone Age beer jugs has established the fact that purposely fermented beverages existed at least as early as c. 10,000 BC. It has been suggested that beer may have preceded bread as a staple."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_alcoholic_beverages

From the article: The ancient Egyptians made at least 17 types of beer and at least 24 varieties of wine.

It’s a wonder they got the Pyramids built. :drunk:

76Texan
10-31-2009, 09:54 AM
From the article:

Itís a wonder they got the Pyramids built. :drunk:

The ancient Egyptians made at least 17 types of beer and at least 24 varieties of wine.

It's called artistry, Thorn!

Got to have some kind of high or low.
Can't be sober when you're an artist! http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

False Start
10-31-2009, 10:06 AM
If you use Firefox there is an option to click and it will spell check as you go just like Word.

I was going to say the same thing. It catches my typos all the time, not that I spell the words wrong, I just type them wrong.

Grams
10-31-2009, 03:25 PM
I was going to say the same thing. It catches my typos all the time, not that I spell the words wrong, I just type them wrong.

Nice to know that I am not the only one that happens to. Think my keyboard has a virus.

JB
10-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Nice to know that I am not the only one that happens to. Think my keyboard has a virus.

We used to call it finger-farts!:ahhaha:

brakos82
10-31-2009, 06:45 PM
We used to call it finger-farts!:ahhaha:

Damn, your generation is kicking our asses.

Thorn
10-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Tomorrow, we kick the Bills asses. !!!

brakos82
10-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Tomorrow, we kick the Bills asses. !!!
:fans:

CloakNNNdagger
10-31-2009, 10:33 PM

That will do well for spelling (which is a great deal of the problem at hand), but not for context/grammar (lose/loose, there/their/they're, etc.) It's necessary to hit the books at school and put in the effort.

CloakNNNdagger
10-31-2009, 10:36 PM
From the article:

Itís a wonder they got the Pyramids built. :drunk:

That explains why it took 100,000 slaves 30 years build the dang thing!:shades:

Texaninlild
10-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Interesting. Either you're just funning with me, or you're tolling me, I can't really tell which to be honest. If you're just having fun I can turn on a PC. I'm a NetAdmin and the network I deal with in Houston has over a 1000 servers on it. Actually at last count it was over 1300. Being on call for that **** is a *****.

If you're trolling me, it was a lame troll. :)

I am jacking with you. I understand operations and being on call. I have filled in as the backup for the ops manager and working as on-call manager many times. Nothing like a pissed customer at 3 in the morning to explain an outage to.

Thorn
11-01-2009, 08:40 AM
I am jacking with you. I understand operations and being on call. I have filled in as the backup for the ops manager and working as on-call manager many times. Nothing like a pissed customer at 3 in the morning to explain an outage to.

Our hosptial system network is critical to patient care. If something burps in the middle of the night, everyone who needs to gets woke up and works until it's fixed. Even when you're not on call, you can still be called in the middle of the night for assistence. But I'm not complaining, in this economy it's a good thing to have a job. :)

Speedy
11-01-2009, 10:14 AM

Misspelling a word here and there is one thing. Spelling like this kid does is a travesty. For a high school kid to spell like that is just plain sad. Sometimes I think he's just yanking our chains, or maybe he's "text" spelling, idk, but it's one thing to be able to comprehend a sentence when someone uses there instead of their or they're or spelling lose with the extra o, or flying through typing something and your keyboard doesn't cooperate, I get all of that. But trying to figure out what this guy is saying with horrible spelling, no punctuation, sentences running together and such, is a totally different "beast".

Yeah it's a football board and not a English forum and I am in no way a grammar and spell cop. Like I said, if you use loose for lose or Danals for Daniels, I still know what you're saying. I just think it's sad for everyone involved in why he spells like that.

I hope he is working his butt off to improve. Because working your butt off is what it's going to take. And don't let the jabs you take in here about it discourage you. It doesn't really matter what we think. What matters is to better yourself for yourself.

Thorn
11-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Well, obviously my stance on this isn't the popular one. But it's my stance anyway. I guess I'll just have to deal with voicing a minority opinion. LOL

Texaninlild
11-02-2009, 10:44 PM
I never disagreed with the opinion of Spell Check being a good idea, I just thought I would throw an age shot in there because I found it humorous....at least to me it was.:spin: