PDA

View Full Version : Is Sunday our most important game to date?

Section516
10-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Discuss :ant:

I'd think so, 5-3, play off aspirations, turning a corner, say what you want, this game is big.

Hopefully, the texans don't :voodoo::voodoo::voodoo:

CloakNNNdagger
10-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Discuss :ant:

I'd think so, 5-3, play off aspirations, turning a corner, say what you want, this game is big.

Hopefully, the texans don't :voodoo::voodoo::voodoo:

It's our very most important game for Sunday.

m5kwatts
10-30-2009, 06:54 PM
It could be

I'll say this:

If they lose they'll never shake the .500 team stigma

Air Canada
10-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I guess so since it's the next game, but the last couple games were just as easily important as this one. The most important game for us is the next one as long as we have playoff aspirations.

:fans:

DexmanC
10-30-2009, 07:00 PM
I'd say the most important game for the Texans this season, is EVERY
GAME THEY PLAY this season. The reason for this, is because they
will ALWAYS BE A JOKE, until they put together a PLAYOFF SEASON.
They are ignored 3 weeks after every loss, and when they get attention,
it's in the form of "What happened to <whatever team the Texans beat?>"

In order for this to stop, they are gonna have to beat the Colts, Titans,
and Jags, and NOT LOSE TO SORRY ASS TEAMS LIKE THE BILLS!!!

So hell yeah, this game is the most important game of the season.

DBCooper
10-30-2009, 07:15 PM
I'd say the most important game for the Texans this season, is EVERY
GAME THEY PLAY this season. The reason for this, is because they
will ALWAYS BE A JOKE, until they put together a PLAYOFF SEASON.
They are ignored 3 weeks after every loss, and when they get attention,
it's in the form of "What happened to <whatever team the Texans beat?>"

In order for this to stop, they are gonna have to beat the Colts, Titans,
and Jags, and NOT LOSE TO SORRY ASS TEAMS LIKE THE BILLS!!!

So hell yeah, this game is the most important game of the season.

I hate that also, they can never talk about how well the Texans played, it's a whole story on what's wrong with the other team.

As far as the most important game to date? You're depressing me.

Goatcheese
10-30-2009, 07:29 PM
This is undeniably the most important game we're going to play all week.

dalemurphy
10-30-2009, 07:35 PM
This is the game we need to win if we're serious about the playoffs. It's the game I'm most nervous about in the history of my Texan fandom. I'm actually a wreck. Perhaps it's better for me if they lose a few in a row because I may not be able to emotionally handle relevant games in December. This is what happened to all diehard Atlanta Braves' fans after the decade from hell! We had our hearts stomped on until they stopped working properly.

ArlingtonTexan
10-30-2009, 07:41 PM
This is the game we need to win if we're serious about the playoffs.

Yes. The sinlge most underrated thing in sports is consistently winning games you are supposed to win. Probably seapartes the good from the mediocore more than winning big games.

jaayteetx
10-30-2009, 07:43 PM
The Colts win these games, if we wanna compete with them, we need to be like them in that aspect.

Mailman
10-30-2009, 07:58 PM
The Colts win these games, if we wanna compete with them, we need to be like them in that aspect.

Not to mention that pesky little need to beat them on their home turf.

Corrosion
10-30-2009, 08:00 PM
The next game is always the most important - cant look ahead of anyone in the NFL and looking back .... gets you no where fast.

dalemurphy
10-30-2009, 08:08 PM
The next game is always the most important - cant look ahead of anyone in the NFL and looking back .... gets you no where fast.

I get your general point but I have to disagree. The consensus is that we need to be at least 5-4 at our bye in order to seriously contend for the wildcard. In order to make that happen, all this team has to do is go into Buffalo and play a solid game... it's in their control.

If they lay an egg in Buffalo, the Texans will have to trave to Indy and win in order to get to 5-4. That game isn't in their control. The Texans could play their best football and not beat Indy at Indy. This game for us this week is HUGE!!

Section516
10-30-2009, 08:13 PM
I get your general point but I have to disagree. The consensus is that we need to be at least 5-4 at our bye in order to seriously contend for the wildcard. In order to make that happen, all this team has to do is go into Buffalo and play a solid game... it's in their control.

If they lay an egg in Buffalo, the Texans will have to trave to Indy and win in order to get to 5-4. That game isn't in their control. The Texans could play their best football and not beat Indy at Indy. This game for us this week is HUGE!!

Texans have to win this game, nearly run the end of their schue, split with indy OR beat the pats, IMHO

DocBar
10-30-2009, 08:20 PM
IMHO, I think every game should be the most important game. One game at a time is the way the perennial playoff teams approach each season. Not a season. Not halves or quarters of seasons. One game at a time. The Bills should be the only team our Texans even know exists right now.

Corrosion
10-30-2009, 08:47 PM
IMHO, I think every game should be the most important game. One game at a time is the way the perennial playoff teams approach each season. Not a season. Not halves or quarters of seasons. One game at a time. The Bills should be the only team our Texans even know exists right now.

Exactly the point of my post above .... this game this week , nothing else matters until the final gun sounds

Wolf6151
10-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Every Sunday is our most important game ever.

Buffi2
10-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Every Sunday is our most important game ever.

What he said because if he didn't I would.

TexCanada
10-30-2009, 11:59 PM
I don't think we will shake the "mediocre" label until we win back-to-back superbowls.

Tailgate
10-31-2009, 12:18 AM
I tell you what, if we dont win Sunday.... its basically another .500 season to look forward to for the rest of the year. Im not ready for that. If we win.... man, it will have been the best start this team has ever had. Maybe not playoffs in the end.... but the season becomes way more awesome for longer. It seems like decades since we started this thing. Its time to win this game.

Texaninlild
10-31-2009, 12:53 AM
I think the Tennessee victory :fans:was this year's most important game.

JCTexan
10-31-2009, 02:27 AM
This is the most important game of the year, & I will probably be saying that next week, and every week until either the Texans are out of the playoff picture or in the playoffs. I was looking at the rest of Houston's schedule earlier today, and they could easily have 10 or 11 wins at the end of the year. They just have to beat the team in front of them each week, and it starts this week in Buffalo.

SAMURAITEXAN
10-31-2009, 03:12 AM
Indeed our most important game. We are above .500 and from here on, all the games will be very important.

Go Texans!!!

Ryan
10-31-2009, 03:39 AM
I seriously think we need to punish the Bills. Like somewhere in the form of 34-3 or something like that. A true statement game. We really haven't had one yet this season. Our only easy victory came against a terrible Raiders team. And then we have a chance to really make even more noise in Indy.

sometexansfan
10-31-2009, 03:49 AM
I'm tired of these types of threads, how about we just win the game on Sunday? :fans:

Runner
10-31-2009, 10:40 AM
Given that the Texans have had about twenty "most important games ever" for the franchise, I'm going with the 95% odds and saying, "No".

spurstexanstros
10-31-2009, 05:58 PM
Given that the Texans have had about twenty "most important games ever" for the franchise, I'm going with the 95% odds and saying, "No".

I would say it is a big game because going in to indy 5-3 would be a huge boost for this team. The Texans would not have to worry about going sub .500 and it would guarantee them a winning record going into the bye.Also it would free the Texans up a little and enable them to play loose because no one expects them to win. It is important to beat the bills on another level. You cant be considerd a threat until you beat the teams you are supposed to.

JB
10-31-2009, 06:01 PM
At this point, every upcoming game is our most important to date...lol

Heath Shuler
10-31-2009, 06:41 PM
yes

DBCooper
11-02-2009, 01:57 PM
how about this sunday?

wait, what sunday are we talking about. I'm so confused!

Cjeremy635
11-02-2009, 02:01 PM
how about this sunday?

wait, what sunday are we talking about. I'm so confused!

I think this Sunday (Colts) is a HUGE game for us and if we are able to pull out a win, it could go a very long way for creating more confidence in a team that is needing to continue building in that department. This one win could pull us a long way towards a playoff push.

GlassHalfFull
11-02-2009, 02:06 PM
The upcoming game is always the most important game to date.

And yes, the Colts game is huge and I hope they just keep on getting bigger.:cow:

TexCanada
11-02-2009, 02:06 PM
I think this Sunday (Colts) is a HUGE game for us and if we are able to pull out a win, it could go a very long way for creating more confidence in a team that is needing to continue building in that department. This one win could pull us a long way towards a playoff push.

I concur. While we could still make the playoffs even if we lose this game, it would be a huge win for our confidence. It would make the Colts a lot less scary, and we wouldn't have to assume that we have 2 losses every year before we even play a game due to the Colts. Extremely important for our morale.

Spike
11-02-2009, 02:11 PM

A win this week would be huge. Beat a divisional rival, on the road, that has historically owned us = HUGE. 4th win in a row, 5 out of 6 heading into a bye week = HUGE. 6 wins, 3 games over .500 at (basically) the half way mark of the season = HUGE. At 6 and 3, you are in control of your destiny for a playoff birth = HUGE.

This team has been around long enough that, unless we are playing for a winnging record and/or playoff birth at the last game of the season, we have been there before. There are a ton of really important games throughout a season. Historically, we have lost more of those than we have won - but recently we have won more than we have lost.

I hate the phrase, "turn the corner." However, if we win this game - I'll say it and believe it.

utahmark
11-02-2009, 02:21 PM
i think a win against indy would get everyone excited. all the wins up untill now have just kept everyone content. maybe not the bigest game this week because a loss doesnt kill us. but it could be our biggest win........ever.

Hervoyel
11-02-2009, 02:22 PM
There is never a "most important date yet" or "turning point game". We should all get that idea out of our minds. They're all the most important date in Texans history until winning ceases to be unusual outcome.

Turning point games are noted after the fact. We'll look back at some point in time and say "There. That is where the Texans turned the corner". Until then there is no spoon.

Cjeremy635
11-02-2009, 02:24 PM
There is never a "most important date yet" or "turning point game". We should all get that idea out of our minds. They're all the most important date in Texans history until winning ceases to be unusual outcome.

Turning point games are noted after the fact. We'll look back at some point in time and say "There. That is where the Texans turned the corner". Until then there is no spoon.

Blahhh......I hate to hear your voice of reason.

j/k

gtexan02
11-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Sunday is the most important game to date until Monday

Dread-Head
11-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Taking down an undefeated team...ESPECIALLY THOSE punks...would be sweet, but the national media would treat it like a huge fluke.

Thorn
11-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Taking down an undefeated team...ESPECIALLY THOSE punks...would be sweet, but the national media would treat it like a huge fluke.

We REALLY need to take one of the two Indy games, and I don't care which one. Both would be nice, but that's just dreaming.

Trail.Blazr
11-02-2009, 04:29 PM
To date? no. yes. debatable for sure.

But I look at this game as the most pivotal game of the year for us.

Starting a 4 game divisional stretch, a win in Indy would really set the tone for a good run.

I see the playoffs as two shots for us. 1 as a divisional entry, the other as a WC. Win this weekend and the division title is still obtainable. Lose it and all hopes are on a WC berth.

I'd personally like to see both options in play coming out of the Bye...

badboy
11-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Almost did not catch that the thread was before the Bills game so I was to document after a win. My thought holds however. The San Fran game was the most important so far because it was a confidence builder. 49ers were a decent team that would be the type to upset us. I think it set the tone for the Buffalo game when turnovers began and the Texans shrugged it off and flexed their biceps. Half time was not a scolding by the coaches against Buffalo because the Texans knew thew were going to beat the chicken wings. I want to win at Colts but it is not a season breaker. If we lose as most non-Houston fans expect so what? It wil be just a loss & not defeating to players or to me. Record goes to 5-4 & after Titans 6-4 and again 2 games up. We will have the bye week behind us waiting for Colts to come to our house for a butt kicking allowing some injuries and nicks to heal. Cushing's foot for example. A week off and Titans loss hopefully will benefit Mario.

The second Colts game is what I point to because we should win that one and go 500 against division leader giving more confidence for remainder of season. I would rather win the second and lose the other than the reverse for psychological reasons.

Texans 7-4 after Colts limp away from Reliant could pump us to a win out. Too sweet!

stevn8r
11-02-2009, 04:58 PM
The Dolphins and the Niners gave us a blue print on how to beat them! They needed higher powered offenses to pull it out but did not...

I think this bodes well for us and our chances to win one if not both against the Colts!

All I can say is GO DEFENSE!!!:fans: