PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Amobi Okoye???

DexmanC
10-30-2009, 03:00 AM
I've been watching recordings of the last few games, and it's odd
watching this kid. He has NOT been blown off the ball like has
has ALL OF LAST SEASON! He's even holding his ground against
CONSTANT DOUBLE-TEAMS!!

What gives?

SAMURAITEXAN
10-30-2009, 03:30 AM
I think Bill Koller and Frank Bush got a lot to do with it. No more read and react kind of play.

Go Texans!!

Goatcheese
10-30-2009, 04:17 AM
He struggled with injuries last year.

Carr Bombed
10-30-2009, 06:23 AM
He struggled with injuries last year.

That and he just turned 22 before this season started.....he's finally becoming a MAN.

I still don't understand why people got so upset watching a kid get pushed around in the trenches of the NFL....like it was so surprising or something. Okoye is only going to get stronger as the seasons roll on.

whiskeyrbl
10-30-2009, 07:21 AM
He also put in the work in the off season:jogger:to improve his game and it looks as if it is paying dividends.

Joe Texan
10-30-2009, 08:40 AM
I remember all you who threw him to the wolves.

He is a good Football Player that is growing up. He is now as old as he would be coming out of College.

threeputtsam
10-30-2009, 09:12 AM
That and he just turned 22 before this season started.....he's finally becoming a MAN.

I still don't understand why people got so upset watching a kid get pushed around in the trenches of the NFL....like it was so surprising or something. Okoye is only going to get stronger as the seasons roll on.

According to OSU's coach you're not a man til you turn 40!!!

Vinny
10-30-2009, 10:26 AM
I've been watching recordings of the last few games, and it's odd
watching this kid. He has NOT been blown off the ball like has
has ALL OF LAST SEASON! He's even holding his ground against
CONSTANT DOUBLE-TEAMS!!

What gives?
desire. You have to FIGHT to get off blocks. You can't just show up and beat your blockers, especially in the interior. To me, it looks like he is playing with more desire. If you don't impose your will on your opponent you are just gonna be blocked easily down there. He was way too passive early in the year.

Ckw
10-30-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't want this thread or any of the comments to jinx us and have him go back to how he was playing...

That being said, I really believe the injury had a giant effect on him. It then took playing in the first few games to finally get back up to speed and playing at an NFL level. He was probably so used to being hampered by the injury that he forgot how to attack the line. Combine that with the fact that he is only 22 and you have a recipe for disaster. I am impressed with him as of late.

Section516
10-30-2009, 10:42 AM
I think someone lit a good fire under his.. :roast:

And maybe being a bit more injury free with a sophmore slump under his belt helped.

Maybe Mario said if he didnt get any help this year, he'd bear hug everyone.

El Tejano
10-30-2009, 11:15 AM
I will wait til after this game to see if everyone thinks he has improved still.

Marcus
10-30-2009, 05:26 PM
I remember all you who threw him to the wolves.

Amobi just got stale. They've moved onto fresher meat. Connor Barwin.

There are a lot more smilies to choose from. But it won't be complete without a 'knee-jerk' smilie.

powerfuldragon
10-30-2009, 05:27 PM
i think he saw vinny writing his name as 0koye