PDA

View Full Version : If you were calling the first four offensive play's..What would they be?

Section516
10-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Screen pass to Slaton to the left side
Outside run, maybe out of that 3 TE set we saw against the 49ers
Inside handoff to test the Oline
Depending on how the first three plays have gone, 3 TE set, either that TE deep route we saw for the OD TD, or another run.

Reason being, I want their LB's thinking of the screen game and playing off the run, and trying to get the run game going. I hope this can be a breakout game for Slaton and get him going with a full head of steam into the 2nd part of the season.

:texflag:

BigBull17
10-29-2009, 12:14 PM
My first play, barring a gale force wind, is 2 TE PA OD and AJ deep. Let them think your gonna exploit their weakness, and attack with your strength. Maybe a screen to Slaton or OD. Off tackle, toss sweep.

Cjeremy635
10-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Bomb to AJ= TD

Bomb to OD= TD

Bomb to JJ= TD

Bomb to KW= TD

Then I'd hit em' with a double reverse. They'd never see it coming! :shades:

DocBar
10-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Run left, run right, up the middle for a 1st down ( I hope), bomb to AJ for the score.

TimeKiller
10-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Bomb to AJ= TD

Bomb to OD= TD

Bomb to JJ= TD

Bomb to KW= TD

Then I'd hit em' with a double reverse. They'd never see it coming! :shades:

Best offensive gameplan ever?

Sure beats what will probably happen:
Slaton up the middle for no gain.
Slaton up the middle for a yard.
Pass play where Schaub gets flushed out of the pocket and he just kills the ball
Punt

DocBar
10-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Best offensive gameplan ever?

Sure beats what will probably happen:
Slaton up the middle for no gain.
Slaton up the middle for a yard.
Pass play where Schaub gets flushed out of the pocket and he just kills the ball
PuntYou're missing the nuances of my gameplan. See, ya gotta pull them there LBs and S's up to the line of scrimmage, THEN ya hit for the big gainer. It works by deception. Everyone knows Kubes would call plays like that, but with a novice calling plays the D would be looking for big pass plays. :peek:

badboy
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Play action pass to Walters. Then draw play. Then pass to TE. Then a run by Brown(probably followed by a field goal by the other Brown).

HOU-TEX
10-29-2009, 12:59 PM
I went back and took a look for giggles. The only things that stood out to me is that we're pretty good at winning the toss (or other team defers) and we've only had 2 3 and outs.

vs. Jets: Received

20-S.Slaton left tackle to HST 22 for 2 yards
8-M.Schaub pass short middle to 80-A.Johnson to HST 29 for 7 yards
22-C.Brown left tackle to HST 40 for 11 yards
20-S.Slaton up the middle to HST 38 for -2 yards

vs. Tits: Received

20-S.Slaton left guard to HST 21 for 1 yard
8-M.Schaub pass short right to 20-S.Slaton to HST 30 for 9 yards
8-M.Schaub pass incomplete short middle to 20-S.Slaton
20-S.Slaton right guard to HST 32 for 2 yards

vs. Jags: Received

8-M.Schaub pass incomplete short middle to 81-O.Daniels
8-M.Schaub pass short left to 89-D.Anderson to HST 25 for 4 yards
8-M.Schaub pass short middle to 80-A.Johnson to HST 47 for 22 yards
20-S.Slaton right guard to HST 48 for 1 yard

vs. Raiders: Received

20-S.Slaton left guard to HST 37 for no gain
20-S.Slaton left end to HST 48 for 11 yards
20-S.Slaton right end to OAK 49 for 3 yards
8-M.Schaub pass incomplete deep middle to 81-O.Daniels

vs. Cards: Received

8-M.Schaub FUMBLES (Aborted) at HST 8, and recovers at HST 8. 8-M.Schaub to HST 8 for no gain
8-M.Schaub pass short left to 80-A.Johnson to HST 15 for 7 yards
8-M.Schaub pass incomplete short right to 11-A.Davis.
1-M.Turk punts 49 yards to ARZ 36, Center-85-J.Dreessen, fair catch by 15-S.Breaston.

vs. Bengals: Kicked

8-M.Schaub pass short right to 80-A.Johnson pushed ob at CIN 29 for 59 yards
8-M.Schaub pass short right to 81-O.Daniels to CIN 17 for 12 yards
20-S.Slaton right tackle to CIN 11 for 6 yards
8-M.Schaub pass incomplete short middle to 81-O.Daniels

vs. 49ers: Received

8-M.Schaub scrambles left end to HST 33 for 2 yards
8-M.Schaub pass short left to 20-S.Slaton pushed ob at HST 36 for 3 yards
8-M.Schaub scrambles up the middle to HST 40 for 4 yards
1-M.Turk punts 40 yards to SF 20, Center-85-J.Dreessen, fair catch by 83-A.Battle

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009102502/2009/REG7/49ers@texans/analyze/box-score#analyze-channels:cat-post-playbyplay

dalemurphy
10-29-2009, 01:38 PM
they'd all be various counter runs and sweeps with pulling linemen. I'd attack the edges with power and overpursuit of LBs with counter action. I wouldn't throw the ball until Buffalo was on their heels. This is a game to avoid mistakes. Buffalo offense is horrific!

Blake
10-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Run, Run, Pass, Punt.

drunkcookie
10-29-2009, 01:48 PM
1st play: run Slaton to the outside, somewhere WAYYYY away from the middle REAAAAALY quick so he doesn't trip over Meyers' stomache...

2nd play: I'm coming out in the WildTexan/Cat thing and having the RB throw a short, smart pass...

3rd: I'm punting... I don't care if it's just 3rd down, I'm punting...

4th play: I punted

In all seriousness I'd mix it up... try to find OD on 1st down, run on second, bomb on third, bomb on 4th...

I don't see any need to break into a Wildcat/Texan unless you're just trying to throw the other team off... maybe there's something about the D you see they do well, so you might run Wildcat early every two plays or so the first drive just to throw that off... maybe keep in the back of the D's mind and then go about your business...

good thing is, I don't see the Texans needing to do anything like that...

GP
10-29-2009, 01:51 PM
1st play, package: 2 TE, 1 RB, 2 WR

PLAY: Start out in a bunch formation, with the TEs at the end of the line, strong formation to one side, like it's a run play. Long snap count, using most of the playclock, then motion with the two TEs, one at a time (obviously), until we have a four-receiver "spread" and then Schaub snaps the ball and we pass to whoever is open.

2nd play, package: 1 TE, 1 RB, 1 FB, 2 WR

PLAY: No-huddle offense, hurrying everyone to the line. Motion Daniels and have him slow down as if he's getting ready to run block somewhere along the line. Now, in my best Ron Jaworski voice: They'll see Leach and think we're going to run the ball now. But it's not. It's a quick sideline pass to AJ who has help from Daniels and Walter as blocking support.

3rd play, package: Same as before.

PLAY: No-huddle offense, again. Off-set I-formation with FB and RB. TE lined up at the end of the line, three-point stance. AJ and Walter on each sideline as WRs. At this point, it's Schaub's call of whether to execute a running play with Slaton or play-action pass (Walter on the curl or the slant, taking advantage of frozen LBs looking for that darn run play they they just bet is coming sometime).

This would make the Bills react to what we're doing, making them over-analyze what personnel is on the field and how we would use our guys on each play.

The no-huddle, assuming we complete the passes, would push the pace and limit their ability to communicate well with their players on the field and with their coaches on the sideline.

If we could go down and get a TD, and then hold their offense to a 3-and-out, we'd be in a great position to open things up with all of our players, not just OD and AJ. It could be a field day out there.

Section516
10-29-2009, 02:11 PM
1st play, package: 2 TE, 1 RB, 2 WR

PLAY: Start out in a bunch formation, with the TEs at the end of the line, strong formation to one side, like it's a run play. Long snap count, using most of the playclock, then motion with the two TEs, one at a time (obviously), until we have a four-receiver "spread" and then Schaub snaps the ball and we pass to whoever is open.

2nd play, package: 1 TE, 1 RB, 1 FB, 2 WR

PLAY: No-huddle offense, hurrying everyone to the line. Motion Daniels and have him slow down as if he's getting ready to run block somewhere along the line. Now, in my best Ron Jaworski voice: They'll see Leach and think we're going to run the ball now. But it's not. It's a quick sideline pass to AJ who has help from Daniels and Walter as blocking support.

3rd play, package: Same as before.

PLAY: No-huddle offense, again. Off-set I-formation with FB and RB. TE lined up at the end of the line, three-point stance. AJ and Walter on each sideline as WRs. At this point, it's Schaub's call of whether to execute a running play with Slaton or play-action pass (Walter on the curl or the slant, taking advantage of frozen LBs looking for that darn run play they they just bet is coming sometime).

This would make the Bills react to what we're doing, making them over-analyze what personnel is on the field and how we would use our guys on each play.

The no-huddle, assuming we complete the passes, would push the pace and limit their ability to communicate well with their players on the field and with their coaches on the sideline.

If we could go down and get a TD, and then hold their offense to a 3-and-out, we'd be in a great position to open things up with all of our players, not just OD and AJ. It could be a field day out there.

So...GP...I got Lil Shannys number, wanna give him a call? :splits:

Texan_Bill
10-29-2009, 02:17 PM
I only need one: Schaub to AJ. TD! ;)

Or

First play: Jacoby Jones returns to midfield
Second play: Schaub to AJ for the TD
Third play: Kris Brown extra point
Fourth play: Kris Brown kick off pinning them deep.

HOU-TEX
10-29-2009, 02:22 PM
I only need one: Schaub to AJ. TD! ;)

Or

First play: Jacoby Jones returns to midfield
Second play: Schaub to AJ for the TD
Third play: Kris Brown extra point
Fourth play: Kris Brown kick off fumbled on the 5, Texans ball 1st and goal.

*ahem* That's better

Blake
10-29-2009, 02:31 PM
1.) Motion Schaub out to the WR slot, and have Slaton take a direct snap in the WildBull formation.

2.) Motion Schaub out to the WR slot, and have OD take a direct snap in the WildBull formation with option to pass.

3.) Direct snap to AJ sweep outside.

4.) Hail Mary.

TheIronDuke
10-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Hook and ladder.
Statue of Liberty.
Wildcat.
Run up the middle.

Cjeremy635
10-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Hook and ladder.
Statue of Liberty.
Wildcat.
Run up the middle.

Man, I thought mine were genious? These are pure AWESOME play calls!

spurstexanstros
10-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Remember the run run pass plays under Capers...well not that.

Kubiak does have a tendancy to do that when we have a lead I have noticed.

GuerillaBlack
10-29-2009, 02:54 PM
1.) Motion Schaub out to the WR slot, and have Slaton take a direct snap in the WildBull formation.

2.) Motion Schaub out to the WR slot, and have OD take a direct snap in the WildBull formation with option to pass.

3.) Direct snap to AJ sweep outside.

4.) Hail Mary.

Owen Daniels was a QB. We should use some of that WildBull/Texan/whatever thing.

Section516
10-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Owen Daniels was a QB. We should use some of that WildBull/Texan/whatever thing.

Remember the game where he was our back up QB on call if Sage went down? :gun:

threeputtsam
10-29-2009, 07:04 PM
1. Run
2. Run
3. Run
4. Punt