PDA

View Full Version : "Turned the corner"

sbalderrama
10-28-2009, 10:42 PM
can we start levying a fine on every reporter that asks a player or coach that stupid question? Geez.... show me 10-6 and then we can talk about turning the corner.

Carr Bombed
10-28-2009, 11:07 PM
http://www.soonet.ca/images/smilies/Smile/suicide.gif (everytime I see someone ask that question) It's right up there with the "Was this our biggest win?" question.

steelbtexan
10-28-2009, 11:14 PM
http://www.soonet.ca/images/smilies/Smile/suicide.gif (everytime I see someone ask that question) It's right up there with the "Was this our biggest win?" question.

The reporters say these things.

These ? are usually followed by a Texan loss.

Followed by ? of why cant Kubes get the team up against inferior teams/is kubes going to be the HC next year.

The press in this town are really bad.

TexansFanatic
10-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Here is how we, as Texans fans, will know when they've "turned the corner:"

Someone will man-up and say: "YES!"

I don't know who the team's public relations coach is, but he's doing an amazing job. You can never get a straight-up, unequivocal YES or NO to that question and THAT is how you know they have yet to turn that corner.

When the players know it, they'll say so. Instead of: "I hope so," or "Possibly," or " I think we may have." Those are bullcrap answers and they are a dead giveaway that someone is tentative and that's exactly the kind of thing you can expect from a team playing at a .500 level.

GNTLEWOLF
10-29-2009, 02:18 AM
Once this organization has finally (fighting gag reflex) "turned the corner" (gag) we will all know it. Nobody will have to ask the question. That day will be when we all feel as much certainty as any team can have that our guys are going to win the games they should and even many of the games they shouldn't. No there really will not be that many games that we shouldn't win at that time. We will be a consistent group who the whole fan base will feel good about supporting. As a matter of fact, the fan base will be larger...by a lot.. with the real band waggoners who jump on for the joy ride of a winner. And at that time, that glorious time... no stinking sports writer will be heard asking that ridiculous question; nor will there be any threads on this Mb asking that question.:clap:

TimeKiller
10-29-2009, 07:33 AM
"How does this win make you feel?"

nero THE zero
10-29-2009, 08:27 AM
It's pretty annoying, but it hasn't gotten as bad as "hit them in the mouth" earlier in the season.

badboy
10-29-2009, 09:54 AM
"Gee, no I don't think we have turned the corner. Matt has not thrown for 4,000 yards yet and Slaton just can't run the ball and when he does, he like you know drops it. Our O line can't run block and JJ is so busy trying to find his mother in the stands that he almost muffed a return. I keep asking Dunta to turn around so I can see if he has anything written on his shoes as I missed the whole thing earlier this season"

Now that is what I want a player to say.

Section516
10-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Meh. We get what we deserve IMO. Although I do get tired of the same exact team coverage over and over.

noxiousdog
10-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Any "turned the corner" event immediately leads to the next one. Ie: Turned the corner on road wins -> winning season -> playoffs -> playoff wins -> super bowl ->super bowl win.

That's why it's a dumb question.

HoustonFrog
10-29-2009, 11:01 AM
I like what LZ said about this the other day. These little events or games aren't turning the corner and it is silly to talk about. Turning the corner is a winning season and going to the playoffs and then playing like you belong there again when you play the next season.

DocBar
10-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Does this thread mean we've turned the corner as a Texans message board and fan site?:chef:

badboy
10-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Does this thread mean we've turned the corner as a Texans message board and fan site?:chef:If so DocBar, how do you feel about that?

DocBar
10-29-2009, 12:00 PM
If so DocBar, how do you feel about that?

dramastically sentimenstrual.

sbalderrama
10-29-2009, 12:05 PM
maybe we didn't turn the corner... maybe we turned the page... or turned over a new leaf.... or maybe someone is turning over in their graves?

badboy
10-29-2009, 12:06 PM
dramastically sentimenstrual.Take two Midol and call me tomorrow.

TexCanada
10-29-2009, 12:08 PM
"turnED" is past tense! Ask me after we follow up a playoff appearance with a 11-5 season!

DocBar
10-29-2009, 12:23 PM
maybe we didn't turn the corner... maybe we turned the page... or turned over a new leaf.... or maybe someone is turning over in their graves?
My stomach is turning over....I know...2 midol & call someone who cares.