PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush = MVP

kastofsna
10-28-2009, 10:57 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/28/reggie-bush-says-saints-can-go-undefeated/
"Once I do win an NFL MVP, once we do win a Super Bowl, once I am in the Pro Bowl, it's going to be that much more special because of all the criticism that I had to come through and because of the work I've put into it, it'll mean that much more to me and I'll appreciate it more," Bush said.

enjoy this one, fellas.

El Tejano
10-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Dear Reggie,

You endured criticism?

Signed,

Mario Williams

chicagotexan2
10-28-2009, 11:05 AM
I hav sufrd the mostest. I will win a Soopr Bowel titl, becum an Oll Pro & Hall of Famr bfour any of yoo chumps. And my sosij is betterer than yoors.

Sinseriously,

X

(X stand for VY since I can't spell my own name)

Mr. White
10-28-2009, 11:07 AM
wow. just wow.

I think I had the same reaction when Vince Young said he'd be the next black QB to win a Super Bowl. These guys must be smoking the same strain.

Stemp
10-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Dear Reggie,

Maybe you should strive to be better than the 50th in rushing and 3rd on your own team before you begin thinking about the Pro Bowl or MVP.

Signed

NFL fans

gg no re
10-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Reggie is not even the team MVP of his position

Texan_Bill
10-28-2009, 11:10 AM
I hav sufrd the mostest. I will win a Soopr Bowel titl, becum an Oll Pro & Hall of Famr bfour any of yoo chumps. And my sosij is betterer than yoors.

Sinseriously,

X

(X stand for VY since I can't spell my own name)

Johnsonfan, is that you?? Lolz!

nunusguy
10-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Little Reggie has gone around the bend here it would seem, exhibing classic
symptoms of delusions of grandeur.
Anybody catch his performance Sunday ? He did score a TD, but his
stats including 10 yards on 3 carriers and 16 yards receiving. That's 26 total yards. And 2 other backs on the Saints roster, both undrafted FAs when coming out of college, each had more rushing yards Sunday than little Reggie.

Goatcheese
10-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Even Kim Kardashian thinks Reggie Bust is an overhyped loser.

TigerV1
10-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Johnsonfan, is that you?? Lolz!

I miss his posts. I always enjoyed the laugh.

BigBull17
10-28-2009, 11:58 AM
He needs to strive to start first. It's a joke that he wilts under the very gentle pressure the media puts on him now. Mario had boulders dragging from a rusted chain around his neck and never said a word. Reggie and Vince both did their little comercials and look how they are now. At least VY had a decent season, which is more tyhan Reggie Bust has had.

nunusguy
10-28-2009, 01:04 PM
For what it’s worth, there was an interesting blog this morning by Jeff Duncan of the New Orleans Times-Picayune. It addresses Bush’s significantly reduced role in the Saints’ high-octane offense. The running back had only six touches (three runs, three receptions) in New Orleans’ 46-34 win over Miami Sunday. His 10.5 offensive touches per game this season represent a career low, down from 15.8, 19.3 and 15.8in his first three seasons.

On the bright side, he dined with Kardashian at Cafe Martorano in Fort Lauderdale this weekend and made the Sports Illustrated cover, scoring a touchdown against the Dolphins.
http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2009/10/28/reggie-bush-who-says-saints-can-go-16-0-hell-win-mvp/
You won't beleive this ! For Bushs one play where he scored a TD, they actually put him on the cover of SI. Check out the link. He is the most over hyped NFL player of all time !

Vinny
10-28-2009, 01:05 PM
he's confident. so what?

GuerillaBlack
10-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Even Kim Kardashian thinks Reggie Bust is an overhyped loser.

He never hit the hole. All he did was dance around.

That's why she left him.

Texan_Bill
10-28-2009, 01:37 PM
He never hit the hole. All he did was dance around.

That's why she left him.

:spit:

repped.

Hookem Horns
10-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Darn, and I just cut him from my FF team.

Second Honeymoon
10-28-2009, 02:27 PM
In his defense, he has been a pretty productive weapon for the Saints until this year. This year he has struggled and has looked pretty average. His touches and his performance have both declined. I feel he is always trying to hit the home run and juke someone. That doesn't fly in the NFL and you would have thought he would have understood by now going into your 4th year. It has only gotten worse this year.

if your the saints, what do you do with him? at some point soon his rookie contract will expire or be at an option point, do the Saints want to pay him that top dollar or would they want to let him become a free agent or tendered free agent? Who knows but I would say 'No' if he continues to play so poorly.

HOU-TEX
10-28-2009, 02:53 PM
:hmmm: Let's see, he's basically their 3rd string RB behind 2 UDFA's.

Yep, that's MVP material. :rolleyes:

ReliantTexan
10-28-2009, 04:31 PM
I heard about this on NFL network. He also said to stop making the comparison between him and Mario, saying "That's like comparing a monster truck to a Ferrari".

SheTexan
10-28-2009, 04:38 PM
I heard about this on NFL network. He also said to stop making the comparison between him and Mario, saying "That's like comparing a monster truck to a Ferrari".

Give me a monster truck anyday!!!:pop:

Hookem Horns
10-28-2009, 04:41 PM
:hmmm: Let's see, he's basically their 3rd string RB behind 2 UDFA's.

Yep, that's MVP material. :rolleyes:

Whatever the case, it's definitely not worth the 1st overall pick or even the 1st round for that matter. At best he has a career similar to Eric Metcalf who was a great 3rd down guy who could catch passes and excel in the open field, also running back punts and kicks.

Goatcheese
10-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Reggie Bush will be an MvP someday. You heard it from me first.

Unfortunately for Reggie, it will be MvP of the Amateur Arena League.

HOU-TEX
10-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Whatever the case, it's definitely not worth the 1st overall pick or even the 1st round for that matter. At best he has a career similar to Eric Metcalf who was a great 3rd down guy who could catch passes and excel in the open field, also running back punts and kicks.

At the pace he's on, he'll be out of the league with knee problems. I think he's had knee issues ever since his rookie year.

As far as the Bush/Mario comparisons.......I never compared them to begin with. I wanted Hawk with a trade back. :)

Wolf
10-28-2009, 05:43 PM
MVP? Most Valuable Pretense?(aka decoy (http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/decoy?jss=1)) :thinking:

In all serious, good luck

Joe Texan
10-28-2009, 06:36 PM

I think Monster Truck to a VW is more like it

Texan_Bill
10-28-2009, 06:45 PM
I think Monster Truck to a VW is more like it

I think Monster truck to a Merkur xr4ti is more appropriate.

Bubbajwp
10-28-2009, 08:05 PM
He's not even the best backup RB on the team.

Thorn
10-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Reggie Bust...MVP....many many LOLs

Maybe him and Vince can team up in the UFL, if they aren't the backups there also.

chicagotexan2
10-29-2009, 10:12 AM

think Monster truck to a Yugo is more appropriate.

kastofsna
10-29-2009, 10:17 AM

this is something you've said before a bunch of times, and it's an apt comparison. pro-football-reference agrees with you.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=4335
Like Bush, Metcalf entered the NFL as a 21 year old, and was an undersized playmaker at the running back position selected 13th overall. He had a career high 185 rush attempts as a rookie. He returned kicks early on, and had two kickoff returns for touchdown in his second season. He began returning punts in his third season. He recorded only 30 rushes and 29 receptions at age 23 while missing half the season, and then only 73 rush attempts and 47 receptions the following year.

Metcalf continued to flash big play potential, and continued to be under-utilized and miscast by the Cleveland Browns. Between ages 24 and 26, Metcalf had five punt return touchdowns and was selected to two pro bowls as a returner. He recorded a career best 4.7 yards per carry in 1993. The Browns’ head coach said he was going to find ways to get Metcalf more touches, but it didn’t happen. In 1994, at age 26, Metcalf finished with fewer than 100 rushes and 50 receptions.

He was traded the next offseason. The San Fransisco 49ers wanted Metcalf and could only offer two late first round picks, and he went instead to the Atlanta Falcons for the tenth overall pick. The Falcons traded for him to make him into a slot receiver in their Run-N-Shoot offense. At age 27, Eric Metcalf finally was moved to wide receiver. He flourished right away, recording 30 catches and over 300 yards receiving in his first three games as a Falcon. He would finish the year with 104 receptions for 1189 yards and 8 touchdowns (the 11th best fantasy wide receiver) in 1995. He declined to 54 catches at age 28, and would stick around the league primarily as a return man and part-time receiver after that. One has to wonder what would have happened to Metcalf’s career if he had been converted before he was 27 ½ years old.

Beer and Metal
10-29-2009, 10:22 AM

The first car I ever bought was a Merkur xr4ti. I loved that car, until it burst into flames on I-10. It took my DD-214, birth cert, and worst of all, my McDermott B-14.

Damn you, Reggie Bush.

Texan_Bill
10-29-2009, 10:27 AM
think Monster truck to a Yugo is more appropriate.

See Rebel, this is why I said the Merkur xr4ti.
The first car I ever bought was a Merkur xr4ti. I loved that car, until it burst into flames on I-10. It took my DD-214, birth cert, and worst of all, my McDermott B-14.

Damn you, Reggie Bush.

Dang!! Not your DD-214 and birth certificate!!!

The B-14 was replacable without the headaches of trying to deal with the military and the state for replacements. :gun:

HOU-TEX
10-29-2009, 10:38 AM
A monster truck compared to a Matchbox car.

Mario:

http://www.offroaders.com/directory/monster_trucks/images/grave-digger.jpg

Bush:

http://www.baronvoncollectibles.com/images/uploads/DSC01680.JPG

Beer and Metal
10-29-2009, 11:05 AM
See Rebel, this is why I said the Merkur xr4ti.

Dang!! Not your DD-214 and birth certificate!!!

The B-14 was replacable without the headaches of trying to deal with the military and the state for replacements. :gun:

True, but I could replace the DD-214 and certificate with minimal cost. Market value for B-14 nowadays is over $1,000.

Guess which one of the three I didn't replace?

Oh, and I had just cancelled full coverage insurance the month before. :brickwall:

Texan_Bill
10-29-2009, 11:13 AM
True, but I could replace the DD-214 and certificate with minimal cost. Market value for B-14 nowadays is over $1,000.

Guess which one of the three I didn't replace?

Oh, and I had just cancelled full coverage insurance the month before. :brickwall:

OUCH!!! Ditto on the :brickwall:

kastofsna
10-30-2009, 11:48 PM
for the record, Reggie Bush is:

- 59th in the NFL for rushing average.
- 234th in the NFL receiving average.
- 46th in the NFL for punt return average. That's the worst in the NFL.

Second Honeymoon
10-30-2009, 11:56 PM

yeah, his punt returns have left much to be desired.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-31-2009, 02:20 AM

So you're saying there's a chance...

http://www.homevideos.com/freezeframes3/dumb144.jpeg

nunusguy
10-31-2009, 08:31 AM
Talk about your legends in their own mind, this guy is basically the third string running-back on his team and he's talking MVP/Pro-Bowl. Earth to Reggie, earth to Reggie can you hear us ?