PDA

View Full Version : Texans-Titans will bomb on MNF?

Texanballer
10-27-2009, 02:26 PM
What do you all think if the Titans are winless?

Khari
10-27-2009, 02:27 PM
then we better not lose to them

HOU-TEX
10-27-2009, 02:32 PM
:hmmm: We've got 2 games and a bye before we have to worry about the tits. They're the least of my worries at this point.

TexCanada
10-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Ya, its a long way off still

Ryan
10-27-2009, 02:49 PM
If VY starts, than it will get ratings. Or if the Texans are still legitimate playoff contenders, it will make it much more interesting.

GuerillaBlack
10-27-2009, 02:52 PM
I hope we get a SNF game this season. We have the chance to.

Ryan
10-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Our only possible one I think is week 17 vs New England. Both teams could still be battling for playoff spots.

DiehardChris
10-27-2009, 03:02 PM
I hope we get a SNF game this season. We have the chance to.

I doubt it. It would have to be against a hugely popular team to make up for the gap, as the Texans have the second-smallest fan base next to the Jaguars.

(Which still makes my head hurt when I think about why MNF opted for a game between the NFL's two smallest fan bases last year.)

Of course, record-wise and playoff implication-wise, we will absolutely have a chance... but until the Texans are perennial winners, there are always going to be more profitable choices.

GuerillaBlack
10-27-2009, 03:17 PM
I doubt it. It would have to be against a hugely popular team to make up for the gap, as the Texans have the second-smallest fan base next to the Jaguars.

(Which still makes my head hurt when I think about why MNF opted for a game between the NFL's two smallest fan bases last year.)

You sure we're the second? http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/pubs/Harris_Poll_2009_10_07.pdf

Of course, record-wise and playoff implication-wise, we will absolutely have a chance... but until the Texans are perennial winners, there are always going to be more profitable choices.

I only see our last game at New England being that though. Maybe a few turning into late games instead of noon starts, too.

Looking at the schedule, we really shouldn't lose to any other team besides NE and IND. We should run the table, but knowing this team...

Khari
10-27-2009, 03:20 PM
what? 2nd smallest fan base? cleveland, lions, cincy, carolina, tampa are bigger? so sad

BigBull17
10-27-2009, 03:23 PM
If the Titans mail it in on us, I imagine we have enough people who hate them that we'll run it up.

DiehardChris
10-27-2009, 03:32 PM
You sure we're the second? http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/pubs/Harris_Poll_2009_10_07.pdf

I only see our last game at New England being that though. Maybe a few turning into late games instead of noon starts, too.

Looking at the schedule, we really shouldn't lose to any other team besides NE and IND. We should run the table, but knowing this team...

Wow, what a difference two years makes. I failed to mention I was going off the numbers from two years ago - I just assumed that two 8-8 seasons wouldn't change that very much but clearly they've moved up several spots.

Thanks for that link. I might actually do a blog post about it.

Also - I don't think we're going to run the table. We're better, but I've seen nothing to tell me we aren't still capable of losing games we shouldn't. Visiting Buffalo will be tough. Visiting Miami will be VERY tough. Seattle has a fairly tough defense, and Hasselbeck can look great one week and terrible the next. Winning in Jacksonville is always hard, and I always throw the records out when we face the Titans.

m5kwatts
10-27-2009, 03:49 PM
I guarantee VY will start this game, guaranteed!

hobie
10-27-2009, 04:44 PM
I guarantee VY will start this game, guaranteed!

What is it you are going to guarantee? If he doesn't...ok..if he does....ok...

m5kwatts
10-27-2009, 05:08 PM
What is it you are going to guarantee? If he doesn't...ok..if he does....ok...

The Titans will be further in the crapper by that week and will have no choice but to start VY

imatexan
10-27-2009, 06:11 PM
I dont care what the ratings are.

All I care is that the people who are watching see a red loud crazy reliant stadium that is cheering the Texans to a victory and one step closer to the playoffs!

:elmo:

Marcus
10-27-2009, 06:20 PM
The Titans will be further in the crapper by that week and will have no choice but to start VY

Not if Jeff Fisher is still the head coach, he won't.

DexmanC
10-28-2009, 12:22 AM
We should run the table, but knowing this team...

Knowing this team, we sweep the Colts and Patriots, and lose to the Bills,
Rams, and Titans.

DerekLee1
10-28-2009, 12:55 AM
Our only possible one I think is week 17 vs New England. Both teams could still be battling for playoff spots.

I believe Indy when we're home can be flexed also. If we're on a roll and beat them at home, we could be 7-3 coming off of a prime time game. That could open some NBC eyes.

m5kwatts
10-28-2009, 12:59 AM
Not if Jeff Fisher is still the head coach, he won't.

The owner is already calling for VY

The hand that writes the checks usually gets their way

GuerillaBlack
10-28-2009, 01:24 AM
I believe Indy when we're home can be flexed also. If we're on a roll and beat them at home, we could be 7-3 coming off of a prime time game. That could open some NBC eyes.

Pittsburgh plays at Baltimore that week. Depending on how Baltimore does (hopefully they keep losing), that would still be a nice game for NBC. I can see us being moved to a late game though. That's even if we lose to them at their place. As long as we beat the Bills and Titans.

Mike Kerns
10-28-2009, 01:34 AM
If VY starts, than it will get ratings. Or if the Texans are still legitimate playoff contenders, it will make it much more interesting.

Why? No one outside of Texas gives a damn about VY. Hell, most people in Texas don't give a damn about him anymore.

ChampionTexan
10-28-2009, 08:21 AM

There's no Sunday (or Monday) Night game during week 17. All games 16 games start at either Noon or 3:15 C.S.T. I don't believe any of them are subject to change.

GuerillaBlack
10-28-2009, 09:39 AM
There's no Sunday (or Monday) Night game during week 17. All games 16 games start at either Noon or 3:15 C.S.T. I don't believe any of them are subject to change.

The Sunday Night Game on NBC is TBA (Week 17). They haven't decided which game to show yet. They usually don't have MNF on the last week of the season.

El Tejano
10-28-2009, 11:30 AM
The Sunday Night Game on NBC is TBA (Week 17). They haven't decided which game to show yet. They usually don't have MNF on the last week of the season.

Tom Brady gives us an excellent chance to see our Texans then. Unfortunately if Brady is playing that could mean trouble for us.

DexmanC
10-29-2009, 06:15 PM
It's official: Vince Young WILL start against the Texans on MNF.

Hopefully the Texans are playing their best football, 'cause I do NOT
want to be embarrassed. Fortunately, the Texans have yet to lay an
egg on Primetime Television.

Vinny
10-29-2009, 06:18 PM
It's official: Vince Young WILL start against the Texans on MNF.

Hopefully the Texans are playing their best football, 'cause I do NOT
want to be embarrassed. Fortunately, the Texans have yet to lay an
It's payback time. :roast:

Thorn
10-29-2009, 06:20 PM
I hope Crushing lays him out when he trys to run. :)

ReliantTexan
10-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Don't take this game lightly. Remember, this will be their superbowl.:bag:

RTP2110
10-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Fortunately, the Texans have yet to lay an

As long as you don't count the 2005 season, that is.

SNF @ Seattle 42-10 loss
SNF vs KC Chiefs 45-17 loss

I know, I know..**bombarded by flying objects**

Thorn
10-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Don't take this game lightly. Remember, this will be their superbowl.:bag:

I wouldn't take them lightly either. It would add something very nice to their otherwise horrible year to beat us on Monday night football. I think we win this one though. If we don't, I'm not sure I want to be on this board the week afterwards. :eek:

CloakNNNdagger
10-29-2009, 06:45 PM

We'll probably have to watch the Cowboys lose their playoff chance again.:bomb:

brakos82
10-29-2009, 06:48 PM

SNF @ Seattle 42-10 loss

What 2005 season? :gun:

HouSportsWriter
10-29-2009, 08:34 PM
then we better not lose to them

this to the power of infinty~!

DexmanC
10-29-2009, 08:44 PM

SNF @ Seattle 42-10 loss

How in the hell did they get on SNF in TWICE in the SAME season? The
Gary Kubiak Texans have been a MUCH better team, yet not a TASTE
of SNF. For me, REAL Texans football began, when Gary Kubiak became
coach.

RTP2110
10-29-2009, 09:13 PM
How in the hell did they get on SNF in TWICE in the SAME season? The
Gary Kubiak Texans have been a MUCH better team, yet not a TASTE
of SNF. For me, REAL Texans football began, when Gary Kubiak became
coach.

I agree with ya there. Now, IIRC in 05 SNF was still on ESPN, while MNF was on network TV. I think all of the Texans' primetime games have been of the ESPN variety.

GuerillaBlack
10-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Our first regular season game ever was on SNF on ESPN. Would love an SNF game on NBC this season. Hopefully we get it (need to win!).

Joe Texan
10-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Name one Titans Texans Game that has Bombed

#1 shared rivalry, shared with the Cowboys

C Madd
10-29-2009, 10:07 PM
i hope crushing lays him out when he trys to run. :)

+1!