PDA

View Full Version : Vote for your Texans

Joe Texan
10-27-2009, 01:51 PM
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

barrett
10-27-2009, 02:03 PM
already did. Only ones I see actually making it are 80, 81 (locks) 59 (probable) and 56 (possible).

I don't see how Schaub get's voted in due to the popularity contest and the other higher profile QB's in the AFC. If he finishes the season #1 in yards and TD's and we don't make the playoffs I could totally see him getting snuffed. (voting should be allowed through week 16 I think). Then again I think fans shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Jackie Chiles
10-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Owen actually has his work cut out for him. Dallas Clark and Antonio Gates are probably the frontrunners considering they are having great seasons (not as quite as good as OD to this point) and it is a popularity contest. Heath Miller could also be a wild card, no doubt Steeler fans are going to stuff the boxes for him.

DiehardChris
10-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Schaub has a great shot to get in, because remember - this year the Pro Bowl is the week BEFORE the Super Bowl, and anyone participating in the Super Bowl won't play in the Pro Bowl.

You get 3 QBs for each conference, and there's a pretty good chance that one of Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Big Ben will be playing in the SB, so as long as Schaub stays healthy and keeps playing at a high level, I actually think he has a really good shot.

Ryan
10-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Make sure that in any of the races that the Texans deserve to get in, but their are more popular choices, in front of them, DON'T vote for the more popular players. All that does in the end is hurt our Texan's chances. After all, i think our only shoe-in is Andre Johnson. So if you want to vote for Schaub, don't vote for Peyton or Tom Brady.

BigBull17
10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Make sure that in any of the races that the Texans deserve to get in, but their are more popular choices, in front of them, DON'T vote for the more popular players. All that does in the end is hurt our Texan's chances. After all, i think our only shoe-in is Andre Johnson. So if you want to vote for Schaub, don't vote for Peyton or Tom Brady.

Chad Henne and Kyle Orton are my other two QB's

AnthonyE
10-27-2009, 05:26 PM
I like how you can vote for special teamers.

barrett
10-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Schaub has a great shot to get in, because remember - this year the Pro Bowl is the week BEFORE the Super Bowl, and anyone participating in the Super Bowl won't play in the Pro Bowl.

You get 3 QBs for each conference, and there's a pretty good chance that one of Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Big Ben will be playing in the SB, so as long as Schaub stays healthy and keeps playing at a high level, I actually think he has a really good shot.

Good point. I wasn't thinking about that angle.

jaayteetx
10-27-2009, 06:36 PM

WTH? You mean to tell me your thinking we won't be in the Bowl? No faith, I tell ya.:texflag:

NitroGSXR
10-27-2009, 06:39 PM
I could care less about the Pro Bowl thus I don't want any Texans to make the squad. I don't want them playing in games that don't for much. Football is too violent for money making popularity useless games.

All-Pro is where it's all at, anyway!

Don't worry, guys. I still can't help myself. I voted. I'll always support my Texans but I meant what I said above.

SteveSlaton20
10-27-2009, 11:42 PM
I'd vote, but the page goes blank after I'm finished w/ the WRs.

DerekLee1
10-28-2009, 12:03 AM

Also, don't the fan votes only count for like 1/3? I thought fans were 1/3, and sportswriters and players/coaches made up the other 2/3.

DerekLee1
10-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Chad Henne and Kyle Orton are my other two QB's

Trent Edwards and JaMarcus Russell.

BigBull17
10-28-2009, 08:19 AM
Trent Edwards and JaMarcus Russell.

I couldn't even go that low.

gtexan02
10-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Last year Phillip Rivers had a 60% completion percentage, 4000 yards, 34 TDs and only 11 INTs for a 105 QB rating, AND the Chargers made the playoffs

And he STILL didn't get voted in.

Above him:
Peyton, Favre, Cutler, Collins

Luckily 3/4 of those guys are out of the running this year,

but Peyton is a lock and Brady is a lock, so Schaub getting in is going to take a miracle

lostboy
10-28-2009, 08:53 AM
but Peyton is a lock and Brady is a lock, so Schaub getting in is going to take a miracle

AS long as Schaub was leading our team through the playoff's I'd be fine not seeing him at the Pro-bowl...:wild:

Dr2bKay
10-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Vote often!!! I am going to the game with great seats thanks to the NFL and would like to see my players.

ItsAMarioParty
10-28-2009, 02:18 PM
steveslaton20- just scroll up after the wr page. pretty sure thats all it is

Air Canada
10-28-2009, 05:03 PM
We will have Schaub, OD, and AJ all in the Pro Bowl, if they can stay healthy....I'll guarantee it cuz we will make the playoffs! :texflag:

texanmojo
10-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I voted for all the Texans...EXCEPT Duanta Robinson.

mike moffat
10-28-2009, 08:08 PM
I did my duty.

Joe Texan
10-29-2009, 11:03 AM
keep voting